Mining thread

Mining thread.

What are you using. How much did it cost, how many megahashes.

>h270 a pro motherboard $110
>Celeron 3959 cpu $30
>antec 650w psu $100
>500gb HDD $10
>6X rx460 with pcie riser $600

Under $900

Produces 65mh/s on ETH

Shoudln't you be getting more mh/s from 6 rx560s?

Which is 1.72eth / year

They are rx460s

ITT
>people who bought RXs overpriced and will be panic selling them in a month

Did you flash the bios?
I don't think you did
Did you undervolt?
Do you even know what you are doing?

Non-miner here
Can someone explain why it's the GPU that does the work and not the CPU?

I have 2 rigs.
First rig
Asrock h97 anniversary had it
I3 4130 had it
6gb ram had it
60gb ssd 35
Rx 580 x6 260 each
750w psu x2 75 each
165mhs eth and 1400mhs pascal
2nd rig
Mixed rx 580 and 570 x8 got each in the 270-300 range
Asus z270-p 120
I3 7100(i think) 80
60gb ssd 35
1000w psu 120
750w psu 75
4gb ram 45
235mhs eth and 1800mhs pascal

also btw, am running bios modded RX 560 with 1024 cores at 13.5 MH/s

Nah 460's didn't go up in price because they are absolute garbage

I doubt OP is even making net gains after electrical costs

There are certain coins you can mine on cpus. Eth can only be mined effectively by gpus and its one of the most profitable ways to mine currently. Higher end cpus do fairly well mining monero.

>RX 460

You're actually fucking retarded, if you want to mine budget shitcoins you buy nVidia.

>1000w psu for 8gpus
How the fuck nigger, that's a lie

If you read the list i also listed a 750w psu. I Use both for a total of 1750w

GPUs are more efficient because the task is just lots of complicated maths problems. While a GPU core is simpler than a cpu core and would take a longer time to solve the maths problem, GPUs can have thousands of these simple cores and rely on parallelism to tackle many computations all at once. GPUs have much higher throughput.

Research GPGPU (general purpose computing using GPUs), and Parallelism. There's lots of youtube videos. They're great at other things too, not just mining

Oh, must have missed it.
Are you dumping your rigs for coins now? I'm thinking of doing that. Boomers are paying above msrp for my worn out gpus

Honestly OP that is the shittiest mining rig Ive ever seen

100 easy problems solved at the same time:GPU
A single problem 100 times longer than the simple problem : cpu

what he said, I use a Tesla P100 for electromagnetic simulations.

Currently mining with 5x Vega 56, 1x 570 and 1x 1070. Already had the last ones and i got the AMDs at msrp last year, so i'm doing good so far

I was thinking about it. I have free electricty on my lease, but the lease is up in may so I might hold out until then. Selling on ebay also makes me a little nervous. I ran an ebay store a couple years ago and had some issues with chargebacks and people abusing buyer protection.

Me

>worn out
how do you define this? Do they actually get unstable or just shit the bed?

Me again

What in the sweet hell is this abomination?

Frankenstein lol

better than 90% of the shopping cart mining rigs you see desu

The only thing that really wears out are the fans. Most mining gpus are undervolted and not under a ton of stress. Most pc parts are built to withstand running 24/7 at high temps

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Dam auto rotate

Final

Another

I'm mining bitcoin with my 2 old R9 380 4 GB (best budget cards I've ever bought in my life)

at like 3.30 a day right now

I want to get an actual mining rig, this is my gaming computer but I don't have any games to play

>GPU mining bitcoin
Lord have mercy.

Igor turn on the ventilator we about to go hashing

I snagged some rx570s the week of release for 30% off. Cashed out my first mining so It's already paid off. Wish I had held those, but too late. Right now I just use it to speculate on shitcoin. I make more day trading than I can mine in a month.

>Higher end cpus do fairly well mining monero.
Basically needs to be i7/Xeon+ or high end Ryzen though, and cheap electricity.

very low power consumption, getting $3.50 worth of btc at its current value, whats wrong with that?

ITS NOT PROFITABLE fuck off

>Did you flash the bios?

hurt efficiency since we're not mining ETH grandpa

Best coins for mining? I'm thinking of starting a Monero rig.

Not entirely true. It's all about the cores. The 1800X ryzen has a better cost/hashrate-ratio than the 1950X (although the 1950X has a much greater resale value prospective)

Should I just passively mine crypto at night with my laptop? Will it decrease the life span? I figured it's basically free money if it does not.

I just set up my gtx 970 i5 gaming computer to mine while I'm at school or studying with minergate. Supposed to get me 2 dollars a day of monero. Also maybe it'll heat up the house a little. I've had it set up for a few hours and it's probably made me a 2 cents minus electricity.

Finishing up my rig on Sunday

I'm mining right now and its 30 F outside, I have the heat off and my cards are running at 70 c heating up my room

Even if it barely breaks even, it's a bet on the future price.

minergate is a scam btw, look it up it caught me too early on

How so? I saw they charge a fee but I thought that's what all group mining does?

Plus it's the only one that I could just set up and had a nice and easy GUI. I tried eth go and it said I didn't have enough ram on my vcard which is bullshit because I have 3.5

>tfw
Just assembled pic related in my kitchen.

>water cooling on a mining rig
i hope that's also your gaymer rig

Does anyone have a good mining software they use? I don't want to get into programming or Linux.

Are antminers any good?

Lol you'd need to mine for a week only to pay the transaction fees.

he's probably using nicehash and doesn't even know he's not actually mining btc

Tell me that's not plastic

You are not going to make it if you don't research stuff anons, you'll get shit from boomers and salti gamers, but don't let that stop you, you just need to fucking READ.

This is not schools little anons, no body is out there to cuck you into gains, you'll have to do the homework.

kek this

Yes. Wanna buy an s9 for 3k?

NH pays on BTC always, but he's using minergate, the shaddiest of mining pools specially designed to lure nobs that don't want to think for themselves about what the fuck they are doing.

t. I was noob and mined on MG too

I'm waiting for the 2080s but if 1080tis go close to retail price I'm down. For me, a 1080Ti is the lowest card I'd bother mining with, And I'm not underclocking those bitches either.

>a 1080Ti is the lowest card I'd bother mining with
spoken like a true newfag

>2080s
Not coming out anytime soon and the hashrate might be shit

hello gays. i can buy 40 ant miners. should i do it?

My old rig of 10 750 ti's from 2014

8x 1080ti

I am done mining that shit garlicoin.. any new speculating coin to mine?

Why aren't you mining zclassic you turbonigger

>zclassic
what do you use to mine it? what pool and software?

my small rig is mostly a recycled old PC, so i only bought three gpus and a new psu.
> reused: athlon x2 4200+ CPU
> reused: asus m32n sli deluxe mainboard
> reused: 2x2 GB ram
> new: 3x rx 580 8G as well as 3x pcie risers
> new: be quiet straight power 11 850w
> ghetto case: reused ikea lack table

> and 32gb usb stick with Ubuntu on it.

hi user late reply, do not mine on your laptop it will reduce the lifespan. They are not designed to undergo as much stress as desktop pcs

Using my gaming rig with a 1070 to mine ZEC while I'm not using it. Making enough over electrical costs to buy a case of beer every month so I'm not bitching.

i use suprnova, although i'm not sure if zclassic is worth it right now.

zclassic is allways worth it for nvidea
ethhash for rx
cryptonight for vegas

Learn your shit you retarded newfag ethereum "miners"

2500$
ryzen 1200 $80
1tb caviar blue $47
asrock fatality ab350 $70
8gb pc3200 $99
1080 ti x2 $1530
1070ti $500
1000w seasonic plat $228

Mine is better lol 17 fans baby !

I'm a noob to mining, I got scared off from it in 2012-2013 because I thought it would burn out my 5770. I have a 1070 now and don't use it for gaymin anymore and feel like it was a waste to buy this GPU if I'm not going to utilize it so I want to start mining how much can I much can I expect it to shorten the lifespan?

Heat and overall temp play a big role. Hence my set up. Air cold comes in ---> air cold comes out. Disgusting yes functional maybe ?

is it even worth it to start buying gpus anymore?

ive been mining on my 1080 on my desktop for a year now, but its looking impossible to expand at these prices

40x1070s on 5 rigs. 10x1000w psu. Bullshit Pentium processors. Asus z270s. Cheapest ram/hdd i could find cuz who cares. Spent like $20k. Used to make 8-10 eth a month. Now make 2.5ish. 1200mh/s. Paid for them with neo gains, want to sell them all soon while the markets hot cuz crypto is dead and stupid

Bro, I don't have energy derpings like the majority of miners do, I live near hydro and might get solar if its worth, I'm not underclocking those bitches because muh efficiency.

2080s will be Titan V with less RAM and CUs, I don't see why they should suck.

> the hashrate might be shit

Thats what they said about the Vegas, until some nerd went and optimized a miner for them, and then the price skyrockets. Not falling for that again dear whale.

>crypto is dead and stupid
you made a fortune and you still think crypto is dead and stupid? this is the proof crypto is full of lucky retards....

what software do you mine with?

they cost more tho

12 550s with modded bios, get about 5000kh mining cryptonite

the animation department have 2 rooms full of xeon computers that hardly anybody ever uses. Free electricity too obviously. I was mining about 0.02 xmr after about 24hrs 100% profit lmao, too bad i cant live there

>hanging cards
>1000w PSU
baby's first rig