Be me, 22 yrs

>be me, 22 yrs
>done with my bachelor in business administration in 3 months.
>father died 10 years ago.
>he invested in real estate when he was alive.
>mom runs the business now, with no interest in it.
>"user, when you're done with your degree, I expect you to take over the family business"
>$100k in ebitda, $1 mill in assets. high equity, low debt/gearing.

What to do? Even though I will soon have a bachelor in business administration, I still have 0 experience when it comes to actual investing in the real estate market. Excluding the theory and business cases I have studies. I have also read market analysis, reports and articles about the local real estate market. And I have helped her with contracts, rents and a bunch of other formal work.

Got any tips, or food for thought?

liquidate it all, invest in chainlink

I am not gonna invest in crypto, or other ponzi schemes

So many lucky anons inheriting millions.
I'd sell everything and blow it all on hookers and cocaine.

shut the fuck up pajeet

user, all in UPFR

no thanks. I would rather ensure my financial independence

have an escape plan in case the real estate market crashes? so you can sell quick? i don't know if thats a thing you can do. but in toronto anyways that looks like a bubble that could pop so hard all of canada could crash. but i don't know.

buy some gold and silver to set aside. then even if everything crashes and burns you can still escape with enough capital to start new ventures

Go somewhere else if you're gonna be a little fucking cunt to everyone. I hear reddit takes little cuck faggots like you

Real estate is really simple; you have a dude work for you do to all the random shit (harassing tenants that are late with rent, taking care of visits, etc...)

Really, with real estate you don't do much besides sit on your ass and collect cheques. If you want to grow your business, just buy more

Get a professional designation in a real estate, one that teaches you how to inspect and value property.

Monetize existing asset by obtaining mortgage. Use proceeds to invest in new assets to build income.

>ebitda

Most properties are valued off of net operating income, not ebitda.

NOI / cap. rate = value of property.

Humble brag on Veeky Forums. On Veeky Forums because not with friends or hotchick. There's a slight chance that dude is telling the truth and needs advice. If that's the case, invest the amount needed to support Mom in interest gaining portfolios. Put the rest in promising crypto and get to work as a young man in finance. Fucking make it happen. The crypto world is young and wide open.

The value refered to is the assessed value in the balanced sheet.

The reason I mentioned ebitda to give you an idea that I cannot buy complexes for millions, lol.

Ofc I would need to obtain mortgages. But it is the inspection, valuation of objects etc I lack the knowledge of. Thanks

I don't want to buy objects just because I can. I want a proper reason for that specific object.

I am too sceptic when it comes to crypto man. I actually don't believe in it.

I might be wrong, though.

hire an economist because you don't know shit about anything at all and you'll ruin everything

the world of business in the 21st century is for math wizzes and snake oil salesmen only, realize this now and it'll hurt less

t. fellow ba

huh

it's almost like financial responsability is hereditary or something

Start with apartments. An apartment building is the best source of income.

Let's say there are 10 apartments in one building. Every tenant pays $1200 a month. That's $12,000 a month total. $144,000 a year.

Even if the stock market crashes people will still need a place to live so you aren't totally fucked.

The wage to that economist would probably eat up all the operating income.

Also, I want to make it on my own, and not be dependent on other economists. Might be easy for me to say now, and you might actually be right.

I have had real estate finance at uni, so I know how to calculate optimal holding periods for objects etc. So I am pretty sure I am suited for the "math" required.

However, the real estate market is not efficient in Norway, and I think knowledge is more valuable than math atm.

it's worth a gamble
toss in enough that you wont feel mad to lose it. but not so little that you wont feel like you missed out if it goes up. i dont have enough money not to be all in on crypto. but if i had more money i would not gamble it all on this market. but in crypto you can 10x in a good month it's not unheard of, can't get those kind of results anywhere else. put in 10k and it might be 100k by the end of the year or it might be 3k.

but then again following the crypto investment might take up a lot of time because things can change so fast you got to stay on it unless you're a hardcore hodlr that bought an extreme dip like what might be going on right now or maybe the dip is over, nobody knows.

Future growth in prices + leases needs to be taken into account, and I don't want to buy high, and sell low.

I am actually considering offices. As the portfolio already contain apartments. But I want to get in at the right time in the cycle.

>real estate business
>1 million in assets

i think its more like you were raised in a financially responsible home. if you were raised in a paycheque to paycheque home like most people you would likely not have the innate understanding of how to wield money.

not that paycheque to paycheque homes cant be financially responsible. but thats like pinching pennies and clipping coupons and watching for that sale on toilet paper. people can be financially responsible in that matter without actually knowing what to do if they actually had money

if you think you cant do it then hire someone who can and just live off the free income

I think I can do it. But I would need some good advice and tread lightly in the beginning.

I was not raised in a "paycheque to paycheque home", however my father was. So I guess I grew up with the mentality not to waste money

buy kneepads suck 10 dicks a day for $10 each, use that money to get a degree that isnt a worthless MBA

let the company die and just help bring down this shit america

huh, Norway...

1. map out immigrant demographic trends;

2. extrapolate how they'll spread out geographically in the next decades;

3. buy rundown commercial properties in areas with a high probability of soon being occupied by migrants;

4. buy land in the suburban areas that are as far away as possible from the migrant spread, wait for infrastructure to arrive and then pay some contractor to build nice homes;

Torontofag here waiting for this bubble to burst to scoop up some sweet sweet property

all you have to do is go to biggerpockets.com and read for a few months. congrats you're now a real estate investor.

That’s like two-three basic residential homes in my area. Where do you live that a million in inflated home prices provides you a business a college grad can’t figure out how to run?

$1 mil would be 3 houses, in total 16 apartments. In Norway.

I do believe I know how to run it, but I do not think it is wise to get too cocky, as I am fresh to investing in real estate.

I think it's retarded to think that "oh, I got a degree, I can now run the business without problems". Experience is key, and I would want to get a few tips from experiences investors.

However, the reports and the analytical articles I have read have given me knowledge of factors which drives the prices, and demands of different objects in various sectors. I think that's a great place to start.

Not OP, but where I live engineers with an MBA win on average 23000$ more than engineers without a master's, and 21000$ more than engineers with another type of master's. Wouldn't exactly call that useless...

Although the value on the balance sheet has not been updated since 2006. So the actual value might be higher.

I think that it would was a great idea to go for an MBA when I am going to inherit a business. Gives me a bit of knowledge and stears me on the right path

REIfag here. You’re very fortunate user. You are in a good position to become very wealthy. You can do this if you are patient and consistent. Real estate is a get rich slow play, but it’s almost foolproof. If I were you here’s what I would do
>shadow your mom to learn the ropes
>outsource the bullshit to a manager later
>become proficient at your accounting system and analyzing the financial statements.
>attend your local REIA. Network network network
>speak to lenders and learn how financing works on residential and commercial units
>begin safely scaling. Analyze 100 deals and you’ll know a good one when you see it.
>acquire more properties. Use leverage wisely, not too much and not too little.

Good luck user

>Liquidate everything into gold
>Ride the wave up on this current stock market crash for the next 12-18 months
>Sell gold for cash into an index fund
>Relax

Thanks man. Appreciate it

>tfw 21
>busboy making minimum wage in high COL area
Should i feel like a failure already?

Try to climb the ranks?

Get another job where you can climb the ranks?

Think about doing something else outside of work?

No you fucking nigger, but you have to get your mindset right. Not everyone has a portfolio dropped in their lap, but you can still make it. You have time on your side and time is your friend in real estate. Ignore your dumbass peers. Save your shekels for a couple years and buy a duplex. Rent the other side, get a roommate in your side. Now you live for free and probably have positive cash flow. You can easily have that in a couple years and be light years ahead of your stupid hurr durr 420 blazeit faggot peers.

Forgot to mention work your way up to bartender to accomplish the savings. Bartenders in a good area can make $500-1000 a night. You have to have some chad-like tendencies to do that, but being decent looking, social, and hard working is enough to be a successful bartender.