Had enough BTC to live the NEET life for the next 50 years

>had enough BTC to live the NEET life for the next 50 years
>wear my Bitcoin shirt around town because I'm proud of being right for once
>come back from ski vacation in Colorado.
>house has been ransacked
>all my hard drives are gone
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL FUUUUUUCK.
Tyrone and Jamal won't be able to decrypt the wallet but that does me fuck all since all my copies are gone. Don't be a FUCKING RETARD like me and announce to the world you have easily stealable millions with an autistic shirt.
Could be worse I guess, at least I have a few hundred k in the house...

nocoiner here

how easy is it for someone to loot your wallet?

do they just need access to your email?

At least you still have that few hundred k. There are people stupid enough to have millions of money in BTC while getting unemployment and food stamps.

Karma's real, folks.

Yes

Use your seed dumbass

As easy as stealing someone's password

fucksake, this will never be a stable store of value.

nice larp

thanks sold everything

For now the restriction on using cryptocurrency effectively is not being a retard.

you're right, it will only skyrocket as situations like this happen where coins are gone forever

So basically, it’s not fit for public use.

Not until better front-end secure stuff comes out.

Depends on how stupid someone is. If you put in any effort you can make it pretty much impossible for someone to get into your wallet.

Doesn't mean shit if you don't sell senpai.

Larp and a bad one at that

GROG HAVE BIG ROCK
GROG WEAR BIG OOGA OOGA SHOW GROG PROUD OF GROG ROCK
GROG GO FOR BIG WALK GROG SEE MANY ROCK
GROG RETURN GROG CAVE, SEE ROCK GONE
GROG SAD

My Facebook got hacked and I lost it all. It's a fucking scam

You're the same OP from the other stupid larp thread, aren't you.

I hope you are real and Jamal comes back to torture you for the keys.

Encrypt your seed in a WinRAR or 7zip file with a good password and upload to any botnet cloud service.

Your house can burn down and you'd be fine.

The only problem is most of these botnet cloud services delete your files if you don't log in at least once a year so don't get arrested and thrown in jail for ages

This is why I keep an encrypted disk image with wallet seeds etc backed up to the cloud

For any newfags lurking here, follow the 3 - 2 - 1 principle of data storage.

3 copies of your data
2 storage types (hd, paper, usb, tape, etc)
1 offsite backup

Offsite is very important. Never make your backup tied down to your physical place. Burglary, fire, EMP, Flood, etc will all destroy your data.

Good luck.

I hope your password is good.
I doubt the people with the tools to easily crack you are going to come after your money, but they can unless your password is solid.

I have a high security PGP archive system that lets me store everything on cloud, even with a special backup of my private key. My house could burn down no problem.

Still though, if you have any loved ones you should prepare something for the eventuality that you die -- you want to make sure all your crypto gets forwarded to them.

over 300 bits of entropy bro, and not published anywhere.

>1post by this ID

that's what you get for not keeping it on a exchange.

300 is more than enough. Hopefully you can remember such a password using just your brain. Otherwise you're just creating more problems.

At least keep your wallet file on a zip-drive hidden in the walls or something you dumb fuck.