BIGGEST SCREW-UP THREAD TIME!

Biz,

During a time where we all bled 50% (Unless you weren't an idiot and sold somewhat near the top of middle, and bought back in at 6K, and sold again.)

WHO'S THE BIGGEST SCREW-UP!

How did you re-build? (or did you pink wojak forever?)

Honestly, I only have two :

- Watch REQ go from .045 to over $1, ponder selling, don't fucking do it. Buy another 10K at .85 cents. Do nothing this whole goddamn time.

- JNT launches. Wait patiently for the dip to .28. Crash reaches peak. See ATH of .85. Do nothing. (Sure, idiot, it was totally going to stay at ATH).

I know this is VERY lean compared to what some of you idiots have.

Let's have it.

Someone said they "deleted" 2 million dollars the other day. He never said why.

all inned APPC at $4
fell for hodle meme now 80% down
i think alot of anons fell for that one

put all of my TRX holdings into tron dogs hoping 2x my value -- 2 days before it hit 30 fucking cents

I can't even sell the fucking dogs, I have 3000 dollars just fucking sitting in there with these jpg fuckmutts staring me in the face.

never all-in, man! blerghhhhh.

haha. now THAT is a good one. puppies will now make you angry forever.

I "set a sell order" for ltc at 20% below it's price at the time, wanting to cash out in case of a dump.

All I ended up doing was selling all my ltc for 20% less than its worth.

Oh god I just re-read that and.....it's worse now. Fuck. If you bought in before .001, you might win.

I did not sell tron at ATH

Haha. Hey.... that's not THAT bad, depending on the timing, and how much it was. Middle-ground fuck-up.

6/10 fuck-up. You didn't *BUY* at ATH. You also didn't Double Down at ATH!

at the start of 2017 I decided to put 10k into robinhood to fuck around. I immediately started buying penny shit being shilled on here and lost 30% in the first two months. It took me the rest of the year to break even doing careful research and DD. When I am finally above water, I decide for some stupid ass fucking reason to put half of it in a 3x oil etf. In one week I went back down 30%. A whole year's worth of hard work down the shitter in a week. Fucking disappointed in my own stupidity

Was on BTC-E. Thought I'd lost everything. Didn't realize it was transferred to WEX before February. Sold at 6k.

Come at me.

ALL PINK ID PINK WOJAK FUCK-UP THREAD! Ha!

I tried poisoning my wife the evening but forgot which cup had the

-30% > -100%, user. 6/10 fuck-up

held through ath and the other 5 bounces this month but cashed out everything at $6k, the literal bottom of the crash
god i'm such a fucking failure i would kill myself right but knowing me i would probably fuck that up too

*patiently waits for "All-In'd Confido*

at least you still have a bunch of money. also, we very well could dip again, and now you have FIAT.

a re-balance when the dust settles is not going to be too difficult. maybe this gave you clarity.

4/10 fuckup

Also, people don't seem to understand that, yeah, sure, that ATH was killer, but it also could have went sideways, or only 3x'd you, and you'd probably still be very happy with that. So, it's fine. chill.

I'm pretty small time, but:
bought 1400 XLM at 7 cents.
sold XLM at 28 cents because everything else was mooning and it sat between 25 and 30 cents for like two weeks. Bought a bunch of shitcoins with it. All of them dropped or stagnated.

XLM immediately went to $.85

I've been too much of a pussy brainlet manchild to cashout at my ath of 100k (that i reached 3 times), now at 26k with only 5k cashed out.

still made 300% of your money. hope you didn't sell the other shitcoins. 3/10 fuckup

don't let hindsight eat at you. i bet you're still 300-500%+ up, at least, aren't you.

at least you didn't get hacked, or on the way to cashing out, send it to the wrong fucking address or something.

3/10 fuckup

I went all in ($25,000) on REQ when it was $0.75. You guys told me it would reach $5.00 by end of January.

couldn't been above $1. 5/10 fuck up

could've*****

I use Binance.

I have 3 times now looked at my portfolio at ATH, told myself to cash out, then just didnt. I have timed the VERY top 3 times perfectly now, simply by looking at my blockfolio chart, yet everytime i nevee actually cash out. I then watch my shit bleed back down to basically its starting point. Fuck biz how do i get the discipline to actually take my profits.

I got phished by a myetherwallet clone. Lost 50k REQ, 5k GNT.

Now i'm holding coins on Binance and looks like that shits gone too.

I put about 12k into NAV at ATH, then NEO at ATH in July 2017. Lost about 80% of it in the China FUD, and then retardedly sold at the bottom.

I bought WTC and then rage quit crypto. Came back 4 months later to about half of my original investment. Made it all back and then some in January 2018.

Now it's back below my original investment.

simple. you posted this. just DO IT NEXT TIME. think if you would have done that 3 times now.

2018 will be me following the literal easy rule : BUY LOW, SELL HIGH.

A whale once said, "stop marrying yourself so much to your shitcoins"

there will ALWAYS be more moon missions.

8/10 fuckup

Ughhhhhh. 9/10 fuckup! 50K REQ! That would've been literally 50K at ATH! Sorry, dude.

AHHHH. Jesus. Not...good, man.
You should have sold at least enough to get yourself back to $0!

9/10 fuckup!

>Middle of December
>Hear IOTA being shilled and decide it’d be worth buying a bit when it dips
>instead end up panic buying at $5.18 when I think it’s mooning
>XRP gains 40% in one day
>again, why not buy the ATH?
>Buy at market price since it’s obviously mooning to $10, end up overpaying by $0.50 per token, pay $2.38 when price was $1.88

I dream of a day where my retardation may be cured.

woof.

9.2/10 fuckup!!!

I did this too.
Initial investment 25k. ATH 104K. Fell for the fucking hodl meme. When 35k came during the mega crash, I cashed out everything because it was the break even point with last year taxes and I couldn't bear to lose money when it could fall to the floor. Next day blockfolio reports 50k. Fuck me.
However, I cashed out 10k to cover taxes to my bank account. I have 22k in GDAX and 1100 in USDT at Binance. So if we go full bear ready for cheap ass coins and if we recover FOMO in to AMB,VEN and ZRX.

This is the worst one by far. You really need to not trade. Hold VEN or ETH or something. Don't trade.

Look, man....it COULD have gone down to 4K or even less, and held there for months. Anyone saying it couldn't have, or still might NOT, simply doesn't know what they're talking about. In fact, much of this shit could just go to $0, very quickly.

There could also have been / still could be some sort of panic'd flash crash, systems tie up, shit goes down to 20% of your original, and bleeds out.

Anything can happen.

You got out unscathed, and with thousands of dollars, AND the ability to pay the taxes, for FREE! This is fine.

You realize most people who invest lose money, or at best get like 5-10%, and their happy with it, right?

Don't sweat that shit. Don't beat yourself up.

>put about 1500 into bitcoin over a couple weeks at the end of nov beginning of december
>try to fuck w altcoins but realize I should just leave it in BTC
>Since I'm fucking w alts a little, I decide to buy $200 worth of litecoin because of fast transfer times
>hold it, when it goes up 20% from $100 to $120 I fomo in and dump all my BTC into litecoin
>Litecoin moons and at one point I have over $4,000
>I decide to buy $100 of Potcoin when Rodman was on Colbert because I was sure normies would buy
>get dumped on
>lose about $35 bucks total
>decide I must recoup
>litecoin down from ath to around $250 (before second pump to 350)
>sell all LTC at lowest point of dip at $250
>find pump n dump groups think I can time it
>dump all of it in Monaco based on upcoming news report in 15 min
>price dumps 25% as soon as announcement starts
>panic sell and lose 25% of stack
>buy into ripple at 82 cents same day, watch is rise to 89 cents, then watch it dump and sell at 72 cents (if I had just held, I could've sold to normies at $2.50 and made more than everything back).
>freak, next day try to hop on HumanIQ moon mission and lose a bit but not too much.
>at this point have maybe $1800 in portfolio.

It may have even gone under my initial investment. Perhaps even worse, after this episode I was able to rebuild with FUN and SIAcoin, at one point getting my portfolio about $6k. Instead of selling I just hold through the whole of January and now I'm okay but still barely above initial investment

Ugh. Jesus, man. You need to settle down. By shit going sideways that has news in 2 months. Hang tight. Sell 30-50% tops, and dip your toes into other things.

If you're still around 0, you should cash out right now and wait for the dust to truly settle.

Then, follow step1 again.

bought 2 million xvg at the start of May for around 5 sats

sold at 40 sats

bought pic related not long after it hit ED, sold at a loss. 2 weeks later it goes x20 or some shit

bought dnt at 8 cents, it went to 25 cents, didnt sell until it hit 3 cents lmao. got added to bittrex not long after i sold and mooned. reeee

bought into the wanchain ico instead of icon

sold my zilliqa ico bags at the very bottom

bought canya at $3

bought stox at $2

didnt buy into the odyssey ico because of the rampant tron shills

bought into the red pulse ico, it dipped for like 2-3 months, finally sold, it went from 4c to 70c over the next month

oh yeah and bought into the axpire ico

WHY WOULD YOU EVER EVER EVER SELL ZILLIQA ICO BAGS?!?!?!

11/10 FUCK UP! YOU WIN!

t-thanks, at least you've rewarded me for my retarded-ness

You made some money on that sale, though. Get the fuck back in, now...even though it might dip 25-50%, DCA down. don't fuck up.

Jesus. This thread sure made me feel better. It wasn't my intention, but...here we are.

Thanks, Biz! I should do this weekly!

I learned my lesson from december. My problem is that due to my rabid buy/sells and losing money, I was unprepared to sell high at the beginning of January. I thought my coins would go much higher. I'm pretty much a little above break even point right now, don't want to take my money out yet

Even now, with that 20% raise? Dude...fucking sell. Biz will never agree with this, but if shit goes down even 20%, god forbid more...you'll hate yourself. You have literally lost nothing right now.

The first coins I bought were at "market". Paid 10x what they were worth. Small dollars, and lesson learned.

Sold 41k VEN at Dec 15th..

I'll be honest, I haven't even looked at my portfolio balance since btc went down to 6k. I think it's gone up a little bit, but my two holdings are not much higher than the satoshi value I bought them at. I know that I'm above my initial investment, but at this point probably only by a few hundred. I'm trying to just survive and forget about that money. If I thought the coins I am in could go down anymore I would sell

would've made sense for me to sell weeks ago, at this point I can't really justify it

I've also gained nothing, the fact is I'm broke and unemployed right now and I'm kind of counting on cryptos. If I cashed out

what fucking exchange? can't even see how this is possible unless ED or something.

Not me but I knew a normie who put all of his savings into LTC when it was at an ATH in December, all while paying a premium on coinbase. Sometimes I wonder how he's doing now

I sold ETH at $700 before it mooned to $1400. Loss of ~260k

oh, ACTUALLY, I take that back...I have one more.

Bought 20,000 VEN @ .30 cents. Sold at .60 cents!

BRAINLET IDIOT.

I give myself a 10/10

Eh. When did you BUY it, though? You can't play that game. That is NOT a LOSS. 2/10 fuckup!

Bought trtl at 25 and didn't sell until it hit 7

Why would you ever buy that bullshit? If anything, you should've passed hard if you didn't get in at 1 SAT and sell immediately upon gaining anything.

9/10 fuckup

does not compute

$750 ea
I thought it was going to go down further

Other notable fuckups:
-not holding LTC overnight when it was at $250 (it went to $350 overnight)
loss of 90k potential profit, in retrospect I should have set a stop loss at $180 instead of moving my entire position back to BTC
-not making more of an effort to sell my KCS before it broke down from an ascending wedge, despite me knowing that the parabolic advance was about to end due to several warning indicators
loss of 80k potential profit (I sold half my stack near the peak before the crash and slowly sold off the remainder over the next couple days), but still made 700k+

Wait, so you bought ETH at $750 and CLOSED the trade at $700? Okay. 9/10 fuckup.

the others don't matter. loss of potential profit is not a fuck-up. it could have went either way with these shitty markets.

last bump.

>Buy about .75 of bitcoin for ~$1000 in early 2017
>Lose .6 on macron and lepen coins on yobit during their elections
>was up to like 2 BTC at some point during the pump, decided to hold

reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Too many fuckups to remember all at once:

- Go half in on IOTA at all time high, thinking the Bosch news will make the price higher. Hold for a week while other coins moon
- Buy REQ. Panic sell before proper moon
- Buy GBTC stock, stock keeps tanking after each time I buy it - Lose all my stock gains from 2017 this way, and more
- Actually bought chainlink - luckily sold it before it did too much damage
- Cash out to tether during the mid January crash to save some gains (good) but dont buy back in until well after the bull trap establishes itself and begins its reversal.
- Try out a PnD group. Get dumped on, lose 20 percent of my portoflio
- Try to day trade my stack - but end up just worsening losses
- Bought VEN after the partnership announcement dip - keeps dipping and dipping, yet I held
- Buy ICX pre summit - dont sell during announcement waiting for the send pump. Never pumps, dumps instead.
- Didnt tether up quickly enough during the last crash to 6K, not until the end. Then I fuck up my stop-limit order to buy back in lower, mistype the first digit and failed to buy back in on the way back up to 8K.
- Tossed 100 bucks into Magnalis (I'm almost too embarrassed to even type this here)

Out of 4640 dollars put into crypto, I'm down to 2,200. Plus nearly 2,000 in GBTC stock losses. Total loss - two thirds.

This whole ordeal has destroyed my confidence, and has confirmed to me that I am a literal retard iq89 subhuman, I should neevr have thought I could be any more than a slave for normies

Put 1 ETH into PoWH