I'm looking at a crossroads in my life

I'm looking at a crossroads in my life.

For over a year, I've been traveling. Went to Japan, and now I'm in Australia. I have about $4k left, which is enough to either get me back home and established, or continue traveling for a little while.

If I go back home:
>friend has a room he's willing to let me stay in until I get something more decent
>old manager can hire me at a part time position, can perhaps get full time
>learn a trade skill and get a decent career
>potentially miss out on more important life experiences

If I continue traveling:
>will need to get a job, but the market in Australia is garbage at the moment
>will essentially postpone my eventual resettlement back home, might lose out on my current opportunities
>chance for adventure and unknown opportunities

I'm 24. I have a high school degree, and 10 years of part time work experience. I could do with more adventure, but at the same time I've experienced and gained so much as a person over the last year that I think I've attained what I can from traveling like this.

What would you do in my situation?

>I've experienced and gained so much as a person over the last year
like what. being a degenerate normshit? fuck off hodlfag

Where is home?

Go home, save money, do this travel crap again in 2 years, rinse and repeat until you decide you've had enough and then do something else

Well you've done more than the average person could even dream about, so the only thing left to do is kys

Fuck off back to r/soyboy

Btw OP is a fag as always, check my ID

Can you tell us a little about your goals? What do you want out of life?

He fell for the travel meme before being established in life.

Typical normie.

Got chased out of Okayama by yakuza. That was the wickedest shit ever. Also banged my first prostitute. Smoked weed with Japanese farmers. Worked at a school. Ran a hotel together with an old alcoholic. Picked a ton of parsley and tomatoes. And a lot of other shit.

Scandinavia.

It wouldn't be 2 years, if I go back home I'm gonna get an education and a job and work on some other projects. Maybe 5 or 10 years.

The reason I started traveling in the first place was that I had no goal - saving up so I could travel became my goal. I still don't know. I figure doing something interesting where I work with my hands and can make good money is a good start.

yo is this danebro from /trv/? I remember that thread like 10 months ago

lol yeah it's me.

Go to Byron bay and get a job at a bar or restaurant or hostel. If ride it as long as you can. I travelled and picked fruit in AUS, Indo, and Thailand for about 10 months before I went back to the U.S....looking back i should have stayed a little longer. Maybe you can go back but being in that situation is rare. It's now been 3 years and I have a new life, job, gf...all good things but I certainly don't foresee anytime in the future that I could just go back to the backpacker life....maybe never again. Like i say...you are already there...make the most of it.

are you that whiteknight fag from /r9k/ who 'saved' that weeb girl in some japanese night club

>will need to get a job, but the market in Australia is garbage at the moment
Go get a job with a labor agency, I'm raking in $1300 a week (It's quite a high hourly rate, it's unbelievable) a couple of my friends also did this, just to put titles on their resume, they're now working at better jobs.

That's what I'm thinking. It might be a long while before I can do this thing again. I don't expect to get in to a steady relationship though.

Saved? More like got into trouble in the first place and then had to flee together with in order not to get fucking murdered.

Go to Byron bay and get a job at a bar or restaurant or hostel. Id ride it as long as you can. I travelled and picked fruit in AUS, Indo, and Thailand for about 10 months before I went back to the U.S....looking back i should have stayed a little longer. Maybe you can go back but being in that situation is rare. It's now been 3 years and I have a new life, job, gf...all good things but I certainly don't foresee anytime in the future that I could just go back to the backpacker life....maybe never again. Like i say...you are already there...make the most of it. I know how you feel though. Have you been to bali or Thailand?

Take your $4k, buy a boat and a crew. Sail to Britannia and pillage. Use funds to continue travelling and pillage and repeat.

Or sail home and get an education, after educated and some saving, travel again. Don't settle until after 26.

top lel i tip my fedora to you gentle-sir and to those trips

>doing something interesting where I work with my hands

Ok that makes it a lot easier. If you wanted a white collar job and a suburban home/family/mortgage etc then you basically need to go back to school immediately.

What you should do now is find whatever trades are most needed wherever you want to live, move there and do it

Come live with me OP I'm in Melbourne

I was thinking a specialized electrician. There's a lot of interesting educations offered in Denmark.

I've heard Melbourne is a shithole though.

lol that thread inspired me to do the same in a year. I guess its been a year since then but I'm traveling in December

Good on you! I'm glad I've inspired people. Where are you heading?

Sure, in a /pol/ kind of way it's a shithole. But there's definitely jobs here. Sign up with a job agency and you can get demolition or manufacturing work easily (granted you're not a skinny piece of shit), $25ph. Alos lots of night life here and Victoria is a nice state.

With that said, I'm getting a van soon and checking out the rest of Aus. Lived in Melbourne most my life. Good luck OP.

melbourne's awesome. there is some sjw activism here but it doesn't effect your life on a daily basis and the food is incredible.

I traveled and lived abroad, then I realized that the true realizations don't come from traveling, but from building the community around you.

When you travel you only focus on yourself. When you focus on contributing to the community, you focus on improving yourself and those around you. Go home and settle down and become a contributing member of society. It's the ultimate move after seeing the world - going back home and making it a better place.

Yet through all those experiences, you apparently didn't learn any useful skills.

Not trying to rig on you op, but the whole millennial "muh traveling" is really fucking stupid. It's just more ridiculous consumerism repackaged.

I might look into this. If I can pull a grand a week while getting fit, I'd be a happy man. Kinda want to go back to Japan for a month or two to catch up with friends before heading back home.

Yeah, I'll definitely look into it next week. Thanks user.

Might have to check out Melbourne then. I'm in Brisbane at the moment. Renting a room with a comfy NEET for $160 a week.

Life is more than work experience. And I doubt any employer would shrug at a person who've traveled to the other side of the world for over a year by themselves.

Logged in just to upvote this

Aussie here, what part of Australia are you in mate, also what skills have you got?

since you want to become an electrician there is really no need to hurry back to denmark. may as well travel as long as you can, and try out the lifestyle working with your hands as the other melbourne user suggested.

Yeah through all those experiences he has built no capital, rinsed through his savings, has a huge gap on his resume filled with absolute shit tier low skill jobs, set no roots down, not made any connections in his home country, missed out on education in the most crucial time of his life.

BUT

He gets to telll crusty washed up roasties on PlentyOfFish about how he smoked weed with some slant eyed farmers.

OP is destined for poverty.

Brissy.

Labor-wise, I've been doing farm hand work, and I'm okay-ish with construction work. I'm also tall and burly as fuck.

I have 4 years of hospitality experience as a hotel receptionist. That's perhaps my biggest strength for getting a job.

Other than that I'm your average shitposter. I've used computers since I was 6, and I trade crypto as a hobby. Don't know what that says about me.

How old are you, also plenty of trade hand positions on the south side of Brissy, but you can't find any work in any bars in the city?

why dont you fuck off home, we're full

Also guessing you don't have a forklift ticket at all?

I'm 24. The bar jobs have dried out, basically nothing to get after new years. I don't have a car or a license and I'm living in Hamilton, so commuting every day to south Brissy would be a pain.

But I'll contact a labor agency next week and see what they can offer me.

Nope.

keep traveling. stay in hostels that do 'work for stay' things. if you have a degree, get a low-key english teaching job. save half your money from that.

or, find some way to make dough online, repeat above. build your stack back up to $10K, repeat.

At least we ain't a fucking leb, rather these fuckers here then those cunts.

No but he has vast experience reviewing all the gonorrhoea infested hostels across New South Wales

Landed straight in Brisbane after Japan. Only been outside the city once since then.

Fuck it's a small world kek, have you meant may people

Met many people, also do you go down the Hamo much?

Well if you go home all you need is a balaclava and a sack of fat nugs, get a bus ticket to Christiania and sell shit weed to normie tourists

You in Hamilton too? If you shop at the Coles on Racecourse Rd you might have seen me. Tall, burly dude in green cargo pants.

And yeah, been to the Hamo a couple of times. I like it, very laid back for an expensive neighborhood.

Don't worry Queensland is the only state you need to see, the rest is a shit hole. You need work user, that 4k is going to get you no where here

>implying Northern Territories is not master race

Kek been there plenty, really don't like talking about where I live around these degenerate fucks though

Why were the Yakuza chasing you?

Yeah, I know. I've considered rocking up to the construction yards up at the racecourt and ask the foreman if he got any cash in hand labor. But the labor agency might be a good idea.

I get where you're coming from. Small world indeed.

>implying NT is not coon Villstate

Went out drinking with a weeb girl I was hitchhiking with. We met some people that we went drinking with, turned out they were yakuza. One of them wanted to get in the pants of the weeb girl, but she wasn't interested. I got between them and her, and they ended up threatening to kill me if I didn't fuck off back to my hotel right away. Grabbed the girl and ran, fled the city at 5 in the morning.

Damn I didn't think Japan was that kind of shithole.

I was just very unlucky, and drunkenly naive. Had encounters with yakuza at other times where they were total bros, even tried to hook me up with girls. Just don't get between them and something they want.

it's not. this is a very, very rare situation not normally present at all.

Glad to see someone using the pic I've posted often

Sorry the missus just came home before, also yes the labour hire is a very good idea. You will have a job in a week trust me user. Is there a way I can contact you outside of here, also what do you think about Hamilton, rich as fuck yes?

Throw me a mail at [email protected]. It's a temporary email but I'll keep it open for a while. Or we could meet at the bench in front of the Coles in like 30 minutes.

And Hamilton is fucking nice, I like it here. Shopping is close by, and easy public transport to the city.

I like it here too, as you say everything is close and city is like a $10 cab fare. Also can't meet up right now but will swing you an email in ten minutes, also if the labour hire happen to get you a job on the northside near Geelong, virgina or zillmere I could give you a life to work, because I am a nice cunt like that

Fuck, that would be sweet. Looking forward to the mail. Thanks, user.

Also I am not not one of these rich cunts around here, just happen to live here.

lmao, I wouldn't have cared even if you were. I just like meeting new people.

Email sent

It's guy something just so you know. And not it's not my name, just a bullshit email address I made

Also I meant geebung not geelong

this

I don't think you understand what employers actually look for. You seem to be confusing employers with University admissions committees who give a shit about this kind of stuff.

Alright, waiting for it to be received. I'll throw you a reply from my real mail then.

this. time to grow the fuck up OP before it's too late.

Oh shit I'm sorry user. Gave you the wrong email. Please resend it to [email protected]

Resent

Also don't listen to these faggots, you are young and free, got plenty of time to make money, also you seem like you will do any work unlike most young faggots and self applied, so fuck turm

>fuck them
I meant at the end there

4k is enough to get you established living a shitty lonely single life.

if you go into the wrong bars in japan you get shafted

they charge you for talking to random girls

alternatively if you have mad tats they buy you loads of drinks

Cheers for backing me up, user. Also, still waiting for the mail, not sure why it's taking so long.

just do it faggot
wahatever teh fucka itsi

Mail received. Sent a reply.

I sent it three times?

Nice will check

Go home and for 2 years save up about 15-20k$ and go travelling south America for a year, come home and settle after

how much did it cost to travel for a year? ausfag here, kinda wanna do a year of it before i hit 30

You think you couldn't do those things where you live? You are just a pussy back at home, or overly risk-taking when you are traveling. Travel is a meme. People could travel to where you live and get a variety of life experience. You just have too many ways of postponing the drive to find it.

I blew through 15k in Japan, but I wasn't being frugal. Save up as much as you feel comfortable with, though I would recommend at least 10k.

It was a much needed break from the routine.

wow

>adventure
Who gives a fuck about adventure, especially at 24 lol

shut up bitch

I recognize a lot of this in myself. After a year (solo) travel i think you have learned what you can learn mostly. What i have settled on is a fulltime job and just taking multiple holidays a year to far away destinations. Feelsgoodman. Dont forget that financial stability is something many people would almost die for.

>mfw burger living in australia
>slowly coming to the realization AUS is 100x better than USA

Australia's fucking amazing man, don't leave.

>tfw ausfag that wants to go live in the states

why do you find it so amazing here, mr burger?

Lol op is a faggot for not buying icx in december.
Why the fuck didnt you invest in crypto?
Also why the fuck has no one suggested this?
Lol picking tomatoes, fucking beaner job

Honestly the livestyle is chill as fuck. Obviously everyone still works their ass off here but people are generally nicer, fitter, healthier imo.

On the weekends you see people just relaxing going to cafe's or the park with their kids, its fucking awesome.

Some more legitimate reasons:

Less mass shootings (obviously)
More focus on health and outdoor activities
Healthcare
No crippling student loan debt
Amazing weather

Take this all with a grain of salt but I traveled a bit with my job in the USA so I have some grasp on the different areas across the states.

However I will say the housing prices are fucking retarded. In Syd and its just bonkers how much 1-2 bedroom shitboxes go for here.

>Considering a trade
Average/low IQ fella. If you actually went to college I'd give you advice but you're not even human. See ya normie.

Europe is absolutely saturated with university degrees. And I like working with my hands. Average people make good money in trades, so I imagine I'd do well in one too.

And one of my good friends back home is currently learning a trade. Top notch guy, smart, competent, and doesn't halfass things. We've talked about opening up an entrepreneur business together one day.

College is for normies you dumbfuck

I went to university in australia and got a """good""" degree (medicine) and i honestly regret it. life would be better as tradie

Best part is Australia doesn't have a complete retard of a president.

you really have to go back

fuck off

Welcome to hell. I regret medicine 4 days ot of 5, and I transferred to comfy speciality.
Im out soon. Dont mind making half or third money in exchange for an actual life.