AUSTRALIANS THREAD

I will spam this board every day until you tell me which is the safest crypto wallet/platform to buy from

The big 4 banks are blocking Coinbase transactions

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/BitcoinAUS/comments/7tchna/commonwealth_bank_just_blocked_my_friends_card/
ccn.com/australias-big-four-banks-will-not-prohibit-bitcoin-buy-transactions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

independent reserve. then whatever exchange you want.

Are you guys being cucked in Australia? What’s going on, are you not allowed to deposit cash into kekbase/jewdax?

Buy ether on coinjar then transfer it over to an exchange to buy other coins

Coinjar has the best fees and spending limit.

didnt they stop doing this? i havent bought anything from coinspot since june but i saw an article getting around saying that the big banks are accepting transactions to all exchanges again

Btcmarkets.net

this

>The big 4 banks are blocking Coinbase transactions

Since when, I bought from Coinbase just last week.

reddit.com/r/BitcoinAUS/comments/7tchna/commonwealth_bank_just_blocked_my_friends_card/

This is the exact thing that happened to me

Alright this is pretty easy, if coinbase is being blocked I would send money to coinspot.
That being said I haven't purchased anything from coinbase since decemberish.

fucking kikes

Any answer other than coinspot is wrong

Coinspot for long term hodling

Fair few alt coins, easy to use interface. Prices higher than other exchanges however.
Odd how they require shirtless photos for some verification circumstances. Didn't happen to me, but they requested a colleague from work to submit a full body photo only wearing underwear holding the verification paper. Was a male.

I just tried Coinbase again and its still blocked

I'm with CBA

coinspot is shithouse.

Ive been using coinjar since 2013
Sometimes its a joke to buy during a pump because they sell at 'market price' and theres no actual order books. Independent reserve and btcmarkets dont have much volume but are still great if you want to put in an order instead of buy now.

Had no problems with BPay to btcmarkets.net Although I'm not with one of the big 4 bamks.

I work at a major bank. We’re not blocking Coinbase, but it’s been reclassified as a cash advance or similar.

This means that if you have poor account behavior, you won’t be able to deposit into Coinbase. The same as with gambling accounts more or less.

Coinjar and the rest will be added in time, it’s controlled at the merchant ID level so as soon as they figure out the IDs they’ll be restricted.

If you have a history of good conduct then you won’t be blocked.

does good conduct mean , just not being in debt

Means no cash advances, no missed payments etc.

It’s actually a score that’s calculated monthly, if your score is too low then you don’t get cash advances

Mates, do we think that overseas exchanges will be sharing data with the ATO?

I’m hoping they won’t.

Don't do tax fraud user. Just don't.
Crypto earnings are treated the same way as stocks here in Australia so you're getting a good deal on the taxation as long as your investment lasted more than a year. Don't be a cunt and end up in deep shit because of it.

OP which coin do you want to buy and what method (e.g. from bank account balance or credit card)?

If your not in crypto for the purposes of saving enough to leave Australia forever, you are in it for the wrong reasons.

Oi cunt listen here, use BTC Markets for trading. Theyre based in Melbourne and bomb proof.

Thank me later cunt.

I could live in Singapore for a year and escape capital gains legally, it’s just not ideal

I use commbank and have had no problems. Though admittedly I haven't used moved in or out of fiat in a few months.

Same, they asked me to get shirtless and put a shoe on my head.

Lady called to verify my number, asked what my star sign was (I think it's a test to quickly see if you've just memorised someone elses date of birth) and asked me to describe the shape and size of a birth mark under my right nipple. I'm a male.

After I sent in a shirtless picture, the lady on the phone also informed me that they required an image of my penis for security purposes. She sounded very anxious while I was talking to her I think maybe a red flag or something showed up during my registration process.

Based exchange

What is Google.. bitstamp is your best bet... DYOR

Coinjar is a market maker, not an exchange. Don’t fall for their “low fees”. It’s bullshit because they make you pay 10% more than what the market is

Independent Reserve is my recommendation

What? ccn.com/australias-big-four-banks-will-not-prohibit-bitcoin-buy-transactions/

btcmarkets

CBA definitely is blocking it

Independant Reserve has much lower fees.

Theyre blocking it because its being processed through credit/debit cards. There's no guarantee that banks have to allow payments made on credit...not sure if the same applies for debit transactions tho

Heh, the FBI and Interpol have a database of penises from child exploration material.

Any site that asks you to show your penis is a honeypot, and you're probably a pedo and on watchlists already.

localbitcions.com

Buy nigger-coin. NGR is the best.

Coin jar ya knob gobbler

This is why Veeky Forums needs flags.

I'm verified with coinspot and some shit ass btc only broker called cointree. I'm assuming coinjar will require its own verification?

stop using coinspot you fucking normie. Use BTC markets or Independent reserve

local bitcoin machines for sure. They scame you for about a 10% fee but that is undoubtedly the absolute safest method.

Is it the best? Fuck no, probably one of the worst. But it is safe.

I’m with commbank and I use either CoinJar or btcmarkets. CoinJar is more expensive but faster than btcmarkets.

Ring them up and threaten to swtich banks. That's what I did to get my Coinbase transactions unblocked. Fucking greedy cunts made me miss the 6k dip though.

anycoindirect.eu

Kek what bank? I've never had a prob with CBA

I got blocked on a debit transaction. Had to ring them up and ask why I was being denied access to my own money. Then I threatened to empty and close all accounts I have with them. That fixed the problem pretty quickly.

deposited from ANZ into independent reserve the other day.

Just do what I do and dont do any crypto transactions offshore.

>50% Capital gains
>Income tax added on top
>"getting a good deal"
yea nah yea yea nah yea nah

Just go to NZ or Japan for a month, open a bank account, drink a few beers and do some sightseeing then you're good.

only used coinjar
good for buying and storing eth and btc

>do any*
You know what I meant

they do have a little reminder when i log in to not use words like 'bitcoin' in my transaction descriptions though.

what happens if one hasnt declared their crypto in the last few years but i only had like 30 grand? now i have about 300k from icon ico and plan to hold for a year

Use BTC Markets and go through ME bank

op is probably a retard. ive been steady buying crypto to make purchases for the last two years and no problems

what about the best wallet, gents? i heard some bad talk about MEW. what is best for link?

Auscunt humor, guys.

I use coinspot, and I wholeheartedly endorse this comment.

Guys what do I do if I want to buy some more obscure coins that aren't on the Australian exchanges?
Do I just buy a different coin at Coinbase then transfer it to a worldwide exchange that sells the coin I want?

Wow there's a lot of Coinspot shills on here. Independant Reserve is tops cunts. Com pare the fees

Yes