XLM | Stellar - General

If you are not all in on XLM, you are really fucking up.

Benefits of Stellar:

- ICOs
- Smart-contracts; just not Turing-complete
- Faster than all other networks
- Decentralized (fuck you autists)
- Transactions cost next to nothing
- IBM running the world-wide network nodes and shilling Stellar (dashboard.stellar.org/)
- Can easily replace Ethereum (Ethereum cannot handle real world transactions)
- MOBI+KIN chose Stellar over Ethereum (medium.com/kin-contributors/kin-stellar-sdk-initial-draft-839afcaaf55c)
- AERON testing Stellar over Ethereum
- Stellar consensus protocol: 1000s tx / second (global scale)
- Importantly, Stellar forces the use of its coin, XLM, as the cost for using the network
- Inflation distributed weekly to those who own XLM (lumenaut.net/)
- XLM is still not yet on bitfinex or bithumb

Other XLM/Stellar Use: Lightyear.io (for profit arm of Stellar)

- lightyear.io - Worldwide remittance (soundcloud.com/automatadigital/stellar-lightyeario-co-founder-brit-yonge)
- lightyear.io has 15 bank partnerships, several tier 1, and tier 2-3

Recent News:

- stellar.org/blog/Q1-2018-stellar-and-state-of-crypto/
- twitter.com/alexisohanian/status/955531298902228992
- Ternio newest ICO on Stellar (ternio.io/)
- (((Weiss))) Crypto Ratings
- stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support
- Roadmap (stellar.org/blog/2018-Stellar-Roadmap/)
- twitter.com/fairxio/status/956754333260853248
- twitter.com/tempo_eu/status/956859658706268160
- linkedin.com/pulse/enterprise-blockchain-pipe-dream-still-work-progress-jesse-lund/
- Jed McCaleb Stellar Interview: blockzero.show/c4e67558

Upcoming News Related to XLM:

- 01-15 February FairX beta news

Still not bought in, nigger?

Other urls found in this thread:

blockzero.show/c4e67558
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MOBI

Why would you shill something that couldn't break $100 if all the money in the world was in it?

I mean why would it need to?

When the market pick backs up it will get to 0.80 EOM so that's an easy 2x of your money.

If XLM achieves its hope of being a currency bridge for even a minority of the world's daily transfers, it would be higher than that nigger.

uh no. i have alot of xlm and id say even 4$ would be insane

Give me one good reason not to dump this shitcoin

I just want Fairx to happen and dump it.

This

stop with this literal shitcoin scam

Niggercoin would be a better investment.

Just looking at the total supply and knowing what they pretend to do with the money is enought for me, not touching it with a stick.

I’m in since €0.66, I just want to get rid of this sideways shit coin.

> coin is $.40
> hurrr durr it will never reach $100

Yeah better not invest in anything if it doesn't have the potential to 250x

You are so retarded you don't even know how market cap works. Unironically get off this board then kys

go and chase shitcoin pumps then you fags. see you at the end of the year when youre still daytrading to make up for catastrophic losses. I'll be posting smug neet pepes while looking at my xlm gains.

youre probably gonna fomo in march anyway when the big news drops. fairx is gonna be a tiny bump in the graph.cap this

Love the fud of the people who need to accumulate

This, VEN, ETH, and OMG are the only coins worth accumulating

Am I the only person who has this sentiment?

>14k XLM
>2 XLM inflation pool payouts

Every week. Who else set for life on this passive income?

Add NEO and WTC and im with you.

I have all my stellars on binance
w..will i make it Veeky Forums?

35k XLM

Should I just sit and wait in an inflation pool...

>Importantly, Stellar forces the use of its coin, XLM, as the cost for using the network
How is this a good thing

Same. One reason...
this piece of shit is showing very Link signs now

You should be doing that at any rate.

Get that shit off of there and get in a pool, withdrawal fees are like 0.00001 XLM

This. I'm unironically all-in. Feels good.

I mean why not? Free money (even if it is a pittance). You should have it in a desktop wallet anyways.

boomers are shitting themselves over a 10% loss on stocks and here we are complaining that a coin won't 250x EOY

Really puts things into perspective.

The question is but can it?

Smartlands too. XLM is for the long term. It's worth accumulating. Then buy the ICO's that run off it. Look at all the shit you can do on Stellarterm. I can send a broke family in Nigeria 5 bucks and they rich.

Yea I’m just worried about OMG/ETH taking a massive shit on it.

They can compete I guess that’s fine

>decent explanation from redd*t

For the sake of argument, let’s assume the entire supply of 100 billion Lumens has already been distributed. As mentioned earlier, Lumens are used to pay for transactions on the Stellar network (currently 0.00001 Lumen per transaction), and Lumens act as a bridge currency. For the purposes of transaction fees, the supply of Lumens is probably more than enough to meet that need. For the purposes of bride currency, it’s a different story. One source estimated that the worldwide total number of non-cash transactions (checks, credit cards, etc.) in 2011 was over 400 trillion US dollars, or roughly 1.1 trillion US dollars per day. Even if Stellar were to handle only 25% of all those transactions, Stellar would need at minimum 275 billion US dollars of bridge currency available each day, which would set the price of a Lumen at $2.75 each. However, for things to run smoothly, there must be adequate reserves of bridge currency, especially in times of crisis. It has been suggested that banks have a 30 day supply of reserves, so we could expect the same of the bridge currency. Since the Lumen supply is fixed at 100 billion (not including 1% inflation), the Lumen price should be 30 times $2.75, or $82.50 for each Lumen. Throw in other factors that further restrict the circulating supply of Lumens, like people holding onto Lumens as investments instead of spending Lumens, and the price of each Lumen will increase further. And since Lumens are purchased on exchanges, market forces may drive up the price even more. You get the idea.

This is just a hypothetical case to explain why I believe the value (price) of the Lumen will be much higher than it is today, even with the large supply. Whether you agree with that explanation or not, it is reasonable to expect that the inherent value of Lumens will increase as adoption and use of the Stellar network increases.

no, but that doesn't mean it's bad to throw a little bit of money into

realistic EOY is $2-5, maybe pushing $8 if you really want to be optimistic about it

Their #1 focus is SDEX which is how lumens becomes valuable; entice real banks to issue their fiat on the exchange; XLM becomes a bridge in transfers

>McCaleb on this:
blockzero.show/c4e67558

Which wallet is best?

and to think i had sell order on my bags, canceled just in time for the biggest moon of Q1

Having serious trouble deciding if I should sell some of my link stack for xlm. It doesn't seem to make sense in the long term, but I can see xlm mooning sooner

i sold some of my xlm for link, only 10% though

give me some dates to shill

So what's the ratio of your xlm to link now? Cause at the moment I've got a big stack of link & zero xlm, & I can't help thinking it might be prudent to diversify abit. Is 10k or 15k xlm the minimum to hold for it to be worth it you think?

really losing my patience with xlm. i know all coins have been down obviously, but jesus christ this thing doesnt move. stuck in that 4k-5k range forever. it was supposed to me at 1 dollar by now.

>Inflation distributed weekly to those who own XLM
mfw

Stellar has given me almost all my gains over the past few months.... and it is just getting started

This coin will max out at like $3, and that is assuming it sees any growth moving forward, it's a four year old token stuck at less than a dollar, I believe in the tech but it's pretty clear this isn't a money maker.

why is ripple mooning to high heaven right now but stellar isnt? usually they follow each other

66% XLM 33% VEN

These are the coins of 2018.

Invest in both and you'll never have to worry.

XLM is VERY long term holder. Partners like IBM make this coin hard to beat in potential and less likely to be a shitcoin considering IBM doesn't just partner with anyone

Long term holder, as in gains over the long term. When CNBC and Bloomberg are shilling for y9u, you can be as comfy as comfy can be.

Unironically this

You own both the east and west