Are there any bigger pussies than r/investing?

Are there any bigger pussies than r/investing?

>max out your 401k
>can’t miss out on your (((employers))) 2% match (minus (((fees))) of course)
>wagecuck till you’re 65
>you can now live on $60k a year
>don’t even think about crypto or real estate! Be content with your 8% a year

its reddit
what did you expect

>real estate

you realize returns on real estate are pretty much the same as the stock market?

The only benefit of real estate is 5:1 or higher leverage, but you could have done similar (4:1) if you have portfolio margin

or just 3x bull ETF, it's close enough

Buying commercial or rental real estate can easily yield 20% between rent, appreciation, and tax breaks

that advice is tried and true, works for nearly everyone and builds generational wealth.

99% of people who try to actively invest fuck it up, go broke and die penniless, wasting taxpayer money and enriching big banks or crypto whales.

The majority of people get average gains. If you’re not an idiot, you can do much better than average with some basic financial knowledge

people investing in index funds in their 401k get average gains and can safely retire

95% of active day traders lose money. its a simple fact, backed up by studies. there's no way a normie can beat a jew banker or a crypto manipulator. by trying to actively trade, the vast majority of people (>95%) are just writing checks to big banks and crypto whales.

The point of this thread is that it's better to try to make it before 65 than not at all you stupid fuck.

Most people get below average gains. It's a long tail distribution.

Some people are incredibly risk averse, it's not something they can really control. Alot of it is linked to hormone levels and soy intake.

it can also yield 50% losses when interest rates get popped up

and the long term rates are growing now because the Fed stopped QE so debt is flowing into the market

by following the advice, you will make it before well before you reach 65 as long as you arent a pathetic minimum wage neet. even a burger flipping loser can build generational wealth by making safe invesments

not to mention the stock market yielded more than 20% last year, LUL

the only way to do that is crypto or having been leveraged since like 2009

if there's a huge stock market crash, I'm putting it all on a 3x bull ETF for a few years

keep telling yourself that, champ, my investments are counting on it. Then once you make it, you can get a place at lake wobegon where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.

>soy intake
Kek

I've already made it.

Bought a house in Australia 2 years ago for 600k, its now worth 900. I put up 60k deposit for it rest was mortgage, literally 3x on my investment in 2 years. Enjoy your 4% return a year in the stock market though lmao

Honestly you should be maxing out your retirement account desu. Tax sheltering is a breddy gud advantage. That's about the only good advice plebbit dispenses.

And its not like you do just that. Once retirement accounts are maxed for the year, you're supposed to invest in other shit with a regular brokerage account.

Telling people as a rule not to invest in real estate is brainlet tier though. It's not for everyone, and you shouldn't go in half cocked, but you can build a decent chunk of passive income in real estate or even flip stuff if you know what youre doing.

They're also goons for going lol no cryptos. if you're younger especially, it's okay and even desirable to have some exposure in high risk/high reward ventures. Just make sure the money you put in to it is money you can afford to lose, and that you know that you've got the right mindset/ability to self teach for it.

Depends on the area. If you are in a metro area like Chicago, the commercial markets are dominated by Jews content with 4-6% returns on their borrowed money.

lol

That's because 95% of people hop in fomoing with zero fucking idea what they're doing. Average person buying crypto probably can't explain what blockchain is or what the differences between currencies are. Nor do they really bother to look at trends/behaviors for the coin.

Late adopters tend to fomo and buy high, then miss the dump because they don't know what the fuck they're looking at. Or they'll get spooked at a bottom not realizing the damage is done, and cash out there.

Day trading isn't something most people ought to be doing, but normies end up trying to do it half cocked and get milked.

Either learn how to pick a winner and have the discipline to HODL, or learn how to trade and be prepared to do the research it takes to do it well.

>be me
When I changed jobs 10 years ago, I moved 100k to a roth and started to trade myself. Yeeeeah, its worth 70k now.

sorry user.

for other people itt, his 100k would be 250k had you put it in a S&P 500 index fund instead of trying to actively invest it.

>95% of active day traders lose money. its a simple fact, backed up by studies.

Link to the studies that say 95% of active cryptocurrency traders lose money?

/r/personalfinance is just as bad IMO
>Make sure you stash away 20k in an emergency fund, no matter how much you have in investments! You never know when the Nasdaq will hit zero as you simultaneously contract colon cancer!

Actually the study is beating the market. If you were to have an index of say the top 50 coins, I doubt most traders have done much better.

You're kidding, right?

Not that sure this applies to crypto as alot of the alts make massive gains then lose 70%.

Also, you usually trade against Bitcoin. So for example I did 1000% of on my Bitcoin in 2017 but Bitcoin itself went from $1000 to $20000 in that time.

Except cash isn't a meme this late in the business cycle. I'm holding ~30% cash right now (I have no living expenses). I'm I'm in a really cyclical industry so this is really important for acquisitions & buying machines etc..

During the financial crisis we were literally the only tenants in our commercial building (rest went bankrupt and 2 were in our industry); we ended up buying their 2-5 year old machinery for 25% of market price. Nobody had cash at the time and you couldn't get loans.

The virgin r/investor vs the chad r/tradeXIV

>you realize returns on real estate are pretty much the same as the stock market

Wrong

I have a bad heart and will probably die at 55. No kids no wife, make 15.70 an hour at a job I absolutely love. I have a paid of car and 1.5k in debt but 50k in savings.

What would you do with your money if you were me, knowing I will 99% chance die before retirement age.

>1998 was 20 years ago
fuck man....
any way gains form 2008 are about 100%, so he'd have $200k, not $250k

It would actually be more because dividends

Untrue. I was born in 1998 and I'm only 19.

I assume your in your twenties so there's alot of time for medicine to make medical advances to prolong your life.

That's sensible investing.
What we're doing is not sensible. We're investing money in things that do not physically exist, and places where you trade them are ephemeral and far between. There is no inherent value. It is not backed by anything other than the perceived value of credit tokens representing how much you've been polluting China.

fuck you faggot i got fired, cashed out my 401k, and went all in on crypto

see how many fucks i give

How do you know you have a bad heart?

Perhaps invest in your health somehow. Like the other user said there is still time for medicine to catch up. But we will all die someday, so don't be afraid to spend it on that special someone either

do you want a wife and kids? id buy a life insurance policy and save to support my family after I'm gone.

Investors are typically terrified, risk adverse people.

Eh... I mean wall street bets has some quality posts every now and then. Take the guy yesterday selling put spreads, for a brief moment he was exposed to $23 million dollars debt, and he came away with 100k.
That is just braindead levels of not giving a fuck. Definitely better than 90% of the shit posted on Veeky Forums

I would settle for the 100k. I lost 45% in 2008 in supposed "safe" corporate mutual funds. After that I said fuck it and started placing bets. Some worked, most didnt. I hate the market.
I own 2 properties now and live in a third. The rentals only 'make' 300 a month. But a the renters are paying off two mortgages. I will take realestate over the market anyday.

if you have 50k in savings why tf you have 1.5k debt? You like paying interest?

look up contango.

you cant hedge long term reliably on leveraged ETFs because of the fact it resets internally each day and only goes against the index it racks percent change for the day

Why are we discussing reddit?
Sage and report

leverage user. if the interest rate is low you can earn more by paying the minimum and investing the rest.

Nigga they're going to 3d print you a new heart in a few years.

you already lost a sizable portion because of your retardation

>chad r/tradeXIV
not so chad now that most of them got their whole portfolios crushed by 95% overnight. also credit suisse is shutting that shit down. i got a notice today from my broker

Most got out once the futures went into backwardation, now everyone has migrated to ZIV and SPXY because the gains are still too great

it's pretty meme considering portfolio theory says you should have safe bonds, not cash

look at what long term treasuries did in 2008

my point is that they're not better (they were about the same for the last few decades, you're looking back very far)

so what? I'll probably die at like 75 - all that means is that your horizon is shorter

you mean slippage
and no, when volatility is low your slippage actually is positive and adds to your returns

>Make sure you stash away 20k in an emergency fund, no matter how much you have in investments! You never know when the Nasdaq will hit zero as you simultaneously contract colon cancer!
that is a risk im willing to take. how do people with such small testicles find their way into something like trading anyhow?

How are 401ks bad? It's literally free money and it hardly impacts your paycheck pre-tax.

>and no, when volatility is low your slippage actually is positive and adds to your returns
what if the index you were invested after several years crashed 15% in a day? i know thats pretty rare, but your bull 3x would go down 45%. then if the index slowly crawls back up from there you will get small percentages off of a smaller total stock value, thus leading you to possibly do worse on the long term than if you just bought the regular etf. i thought that was what contango was?

i think spxy was getting shut down too. i saw them whining about it on cnbc. fucking retards were bitching that ETNs somehow crashed the market.

>Not maxing out your employer's match AND dumping into crypto

theyre not bad. you just need to go to fucking college most of the time to land a job that actually will give you one, so it cancels out

Nonsense. I have lower T levels than a child and I still have 7 figs in crypto.

Bro do you take testosterone from a doctor though

no, that's volatility slippage

if you held the 3x Bull ETF since like 2000 (it didn't exist back then, but still) you still beat the S&P eventually (by now)

>tfw highschool graduate with job giving 4% match
I'll probably be stuck at the same pay for awhile though. I'll be lucky to hit $30/h before I'm 30.

allstreetbets is closer to Veeky Forums in their approach and shitposting. Still quite reddit but they are sorta like robinhood Veeky Forums lite verison.
they arent trading. they buy vanguard once and then sit there and autisically calculate the ways to lower the fees so they can retire in 50 years.
retirement is a scam. make money and do what you love instead of being a wageslave.

count your lucky stars user, its pretty rare

oh.
that sounds fucking gay. i dont know why i expected anything else from reddit though

With stocks you not only get price appreciation, but they also pay dividends that you can automatically reinvest, thus further contributing to compound growth. Not sure what it would've been taking that into account.

>SIX NG/DL
wtf?? I think female platypuses have more test than that. How is that even possible.. what is your libido like? How often do you jerk it?