I figured out what has happened

There was a bug on bitgrail that everyone knows about now, if you deposited anything, you had chance for that deposit to double or even triple. Later it would be met with negative balance, but if you withdrew before that, you essentially got free money.
Here's some evidence:
imgur.com/a/JEmSj
imgur.com/a/EVh2l
imgur.com/a/FCIme
imgur.com/a/Qg7BL
There's a fuckton of similar pictures being spread as of now. And it's only a small part, most people remained completely silent about free money they have received.

Bomber realizing that he is now missing massive amounts of funds decided to sell nano to recover the losses in other currencies. He did this because nano is the easiest currency to attack, he would achieve nothing by claiming that bitcoin or ethereum is vulnerable. So he naturally chose nano, spew some bullshit like "muh node issues caused fund loss" and hopes for the best.

Think I'm crazy? Screenshot this.

What are those shitty links faggot thanks for the virus

Everyone knows this already.

That's why he tried to make the process of withdrawal so cumbersome and did not immediately report the situation.

He knew. 100%.

The question is:
Did devs know?

This is what i'm asking myself.
How much did devs know too about this issue.

It's not true that "everyone know this already", most brainlets still think there was a hack, but it's all bullshit.

Serves you right for buying an alt coin that was shilled by the power of 20000 pajeets. It mooned 50000% in a few months and you greedy neets wanted more

>not knowing NANO/XRB devs were complacent in the hack

They were literally banning people from discord/reddit for pointing this out throughout January...

Anyone trusting this project still has mental issues.

There was a bug, on the withdraw page.

But this check was only on java-script client side, you find the js which is sending the request, then you inspect element - console, and run the java-script manually, to send a request for withdrawal of a higher amount than in your balance.

Bitgrail delivered this withdrawal.

How many people did this? Who knows. This bug was later closed.

There was another bug, you could request a withdrawal to your address - from another userId, from another user-account. That would cause the other users balance to have "missing funds" or "negative balance".
Bitgrail bomber solved this bug by manually entering the "correct" numbers in his database.

This is what you get for using a PHP website coded by same skill-level as CfB of IDIOTA.

The devs totally knew.

The Nano devs knew about BitGrail spaghetti shitcode from late December.

Post the screencap of the comment replying to that comment. Nice cherrypicking.

did you exploit this bugs? how much did you make?

Interesting, I didn't know about that. If that's the case it still holds up with my theory, his funds hole has grown too big to cover with fees so he decided to use nano as a scapegoat.

I did it for the lulz, withdrawn to my wallet, then sent it back as deposit, only 2000xrb when my account had around 500.

There is a correlation, of high skills and morality, you wont find people who can/find-how-to do this and would take advantage of it.

How I know that devs knew about this? I reported it both to them and to bitgral support.

This bug, and many others, must have been used by the less moral people, or just poor people - who got told about it when the skilled people where bragging. Or just assholes.

Jesus christ. When i sent hundreds of xrb out of bitgrail in December it never turned up, despite bitgrail account showing a completed transaction. I knew it was wrong because it showed a fucking RECEIVE transaction ffs. I hammered on support all night until it magically got fixed, I bet they just did it by hand fuck.

yep. which is why the nano devs are not innocent in this.

> But this check was only on java-script client side, you find the js which is sending the request, then you inspect element - console, and run the java-script manually, to send a request for withdrawal of a higher amount than in your balance.

This is inexcusable

There were definitely anons who hinted at this

lol at dissing cfb, he's a douche, but no one serious doubts his skills.
the devs aren't in charge of exchanges, you fucking morons

I am serious, besides this Bitgrail "hack", have also won Chromium pwn2own competition, and told CfB about the vulnerability in his Curl hash function...a year before MIT found it.

Another very serious dude is Bruce Scheiner who refered to CfB as a rookie. Rookie.

The absolute state of cryptospace in 2018. BitGrail. IOTA.
Really amazingly unbelievably poor quality.

im still holding fuck it

How did they not know, bitgrail was endorsed so heavily. If you went on their subreddit they would FUD mercatox to no end, even had stickies to saying to avoid that site and only use bitgrail.

You have to be stupid to think they didn't know, they claimed to talk to bomber very often about the exchange and help him with the code

Shills from the nano telegram group are ITT

So, where's the block hash# ? Why does this screenshot always get posted, but immutable evidence such as a BLOCK HASH # that he even claims he posted is never shown?????

*inhales deeply*

oh my....oh baby your pungent scent

*snifffffffffff*

its so tittilating....so enticing..... i

*SNORRRRRRRRRRRRRT*

so good.....what mortal man could resist such a scent

because its absolute bullshit

the lengths that people will go to to spread excessive FUD and lies is borderline punishable by death.

Haha yea stupid fudsters BTFO nano ftw... It's not like the dev team promoted bitgrail as the official exchange for xrb and then they steal 12% of the total supply

LOL no-XRBers btfo

the devs were supposed to know... but Bitgrail was telling them the same lies they were telling everyone else.

so did Veeky Forums know? the only people that seemed to know were the ones taking advantage of the system.

Can you elaborate on the curl vulnerability?
According to the IOTA dev, the collisions Narula's team 'demonstrated' (they didn't share their code) could not happen in the native client.

Did you succesfully attack iota?

You were suppost to listen to me and buy real DAG coins like IOTA and PRL

>tfw I just bought in

Can someone explain to me the appeal of XRB / nano over traditional fast and cheap options such as XRP / XLM ? How is it able to have ''free'' transactions? Where is the incentive to provide security and nodes for the network if there is no reward?

>Can someone explain to me the appeal of XRB / nano over traditional fast and cheap options such as XRP / XLM ?

It's faster and cheaper, do we have to spell it?
Plus, it has a lower mkt cap

> How is it able to have ''free'' transactions? Where is the incentive to provide security and nodes for the network if there is no reward?

The incentive is that holders see the price rise and it's working well so far because the DAG technology is very efficient so few nodes are needed

You must be rich already? If you are a wageslave struggling from paycheck to paycheck, I have so much respect for you.

How much was your reward?

I'm shocked, I can't believe you didn't exploit it for more

I figured out what has happened

OP bought into a shitty, pump & dump scamcoin from a scam exchange and got JUST'd

End of story, pick better coins next time

Cash saving incentive for merchants that accept Nano and run a node since they don't have to pay a percentage fee to use credit cards

How does le wikipedia stay up when it's free to go to?

Because it owns wikia for all the fandom based wiki sites and they host ads on there? Are you stupid?

>BitGrail spaghetti shitcode
kek

i was banned today from the telegram for saying that EOS will have free transactions

What are the chances of NANO going up now? I put in like $150 because it seemed to stabilize at it current point after all the controversy, seemed like an easy 10%-20% upward correction in a couple days, but its just sticking there now.

It's gonna bleed slow until this all blows over unfortunately.

Damn. Well if it hits my investment, I'll just pull back into ETH.

from an investors perspective, XLM foundation still holds 80% of the supply, and they DO have a history of just dumping massive loads onto the market.
Even without this supply factored in, XLM has a market cap 7 times bigger. and it's also constantly inflating forever at a rate of 1%.
XLM is more tested, but that's where the risk/reward comes in.

What's the incentive to host a XLM node? It's no different in that way.
If it goes to $5 I'll take out a mortgage and buy more. Divergence on volume and MACD on binance are indicating a reversal to 12500 sats though.

I got out, transferred to ETH then LINK, lel.

Made like 8% in a couple hours but it keeps going flat now. I'm too scared of the devs to hold this shit while I sleep though. Just waiting on the next controversy for it to dump, so good luck with your mortgage.

Is this shit ever gonna go above 30$ again i bought 200 of them around that price point should i just cut my losses

no one knows.
but this is going 10x with 12 months. still better returns just holding this than being impatient chasing pumps

Thanks biz bro. Between buying this and CRED at basically all time highs my portfolio is in the shitter right now

Don't cut losses. It's pointless. This is a Mt Gox level scandal and MSM will report on it. Normies will hear "Nano" and compare it to Bitcoin and a new generation of buyers will come in.

Yeah. There wasn't a hack, and i don't think Bomber stole funds. He was just too incompetent to run the exchange. He knew about the issue for a while, but instead of getting people to fix the issue early, he kept trying to cover it up until the problem got out of control. It's massive negligence on this part. Someone like him shouldn't have been running a massive exchange like that by himself