Bullion Newbie

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm an extreme novice at investing and would like some tips for "stacking" silver. All help appreciated!

BUY BITCOIN INSTEAD

find a reputable online dealer like provident or jmbullion. can't go wrong with eagles. what would you like to know?

buy minted coins or "junk" silver. They maintain value better and are not a bitch to prove they are real silver when you need to sell them. Most people or places will either not want or will demand testing on novelty silver or bars.

I was planning to go to the bank and get a couple Silver Maple Leafs (eh). Would the premiums at the bank be really high, or would they be the same as any dealer?

Coins are better than bullion, and jmbullion is the best website to buy silver/gold with crypto imo

Yeah, I'm planning to go with coins and gov't/bank minted bars. Where can one fined large quantities of "junk" silver? I'm not overly comfortable with buying online, at least not till I have more experience.
Thought about it. Seems complicated.

i came here today from pol and i am seriously interested but i guess i came at a bad time?
cus all i have seen is brapp memes and chainlink memes (and i don't even fully understand chainlink)

kek you can hang out in this thread :)

Checking in for epic bread

so is Veeky Forums almost 90% just different cryptos threads, and those cryptos story threads, all the time?

>90%
if your lucky

unfortunately it's been this way for a long time.

There are quality financial related discussion buried in there. So it's basically the same as /pol/ for finding quality political discussion.

As for the topic, don't go all-in on PMs. Get a little gold, get a little silver, maybe some other types if you like... but just use it as a hedge against inflation, not a serious investment you're hoping will pay off big-time in the future. It will only pay off big-time if we get hyper-inflation, and if that happens, you'll have bigger problems than where you chose to stash your money.

silver - lol

>don't go all-in on PMs. Get a little gold, get a little silver, maybe some other types if you like
wrong! go all in on gold

Comparesilverprices.com

id go with silver rounds. easier to sell when this shit goes 10x soon.

if you can get a dollar over spot price i think its fine

muh platinum

no monetary history

stop falling for fucking memes

?

Just buy rounds for as close to spot as possible. If you look around you will see deals for 39 cents over spot. Get something recognizable like Sunshine Mint.

I went hard on Silver and light on gold. I also believe silver is undervalued.

Platinum and palladium are industrial metals like silver, so in the precious metal world, they deserve their spot along side Gold.

They sell bags of junk silver on ebay or at reputable silver shops. Its usually american quarters and dimes. I bought just a little bit though. I just stick with minted coins. You could buy a combi bar buts its really overpriced but it breaks off into 1 gram squares. I bought one for the novelty.

I also believe silver to be undervalued, but remember it derives 90% of its demand from industry so if you are investing because you believe in an economic collapse silver isn't a wise choice

That's why you do gold AND silver ;)

I would recommend not putting all your eggs into one basket. Silver > Gold for investing. I would go half in silver and half in BTC. Swing trade some altcoins and spend your gains on more silver.