Is a 9 - 5 job enough? Why do keep thinking a 9 - 5 job is miserable...

Is a 9 - 5 job enough? Why do keep thinking a 9 - 5 job is miserable. Can't I just get a 9 - 5 job and be as happy as a rich person can be? Why do I have to chase the get-rich-quick scheme hoping for a $100 million return in investment when I can just get a 9 - 5 job?

Let's say I'm looking into a white collar position with average salary.

Should I give up the chase and settle for a regular life /biz?

Am I going to be happy?

Happiness is my number 1 priority. I got into crypto hoping I could make bucks and escape my current situation. Obviously that's far fetched and now I'm thinking maybe it's not so hard and bad if I just get a 9 - 5 job.

alright dolly parton, calm down

you don't belong here. Go back to /wagecuck/

I'm serious. I will leave Crypto if I can just get my head to think 9 - 5 average salary job is going to give me happiness in life. Serious decision.

Happiness doesn't change past 70k or so google it

You need to live the lifestyle you want faggot. Mega rich people pretty much work 80 hrs a week, if you want to be a rich slave with fierce competition go for it. If I could live the rich lifestyle and do jack shit or do something like play video games that'd be sweet but not gonna happen

happiness isn't just about material wealth
you aren't going to learn how to be happy hear

here*

I guess. I can see that.

But wouldn't it be a lot easier if we have money?

By money I mean fuck you money. Not 9 - 5 job money.

Why would you ask a board full of NEETS? My advice is money will never make you happy, having a purpose and being good at something will help you achieve happiness. Find a profession you like, become good at it and with time you'll earn a lot of money and be 1 step closer of happiness. You're welcome.

yes of course

It's not a bad life if you get a decent job. Everyone on Veeky Forums talks shit about it because their only options are McDonalds vs. Burger King.

Everyone here just acts like wagecucking is death because they have no social skills, education, or skills. Crypto is full of the bottom dwellers of society with no other hope.

If you can get a comfy white collar job making 80k or so you can live a very happy life. Some white collar jobs are still very high stress though so you might need to bounce around a bit until you find something suitable. Aim for government if at all possible.

I made about 40k in crypto and cashed out at 1k ETH. I'm waiting for it to hit 500 before buying back in and not falling for this bounce. If it keeps going up no matter how unlikely that seems I won't care because I made good money to help supplement a healthy salary and career, unlike the nerds that would literally kill themselves because they have no other options for income.

Am I right if I say most professions are unlikable? Mainly because of the people in it.

I'm really considering your input guys. I'm trying.

To get 80K you would have to have a PhD or equivalent right? I only have a bachelor...

It depends on what it's in. If it's in a meme field it would probably take a long time to work up to 80k but if it's in computer sciences or accounting you shouldn't have much trouble getting there in four or five years.

>1/3rd of your life asleep
>over 1/3rd of your life willingly being another man's slave
>a mere few hours a day to yourself before you do it all again
How many times do you have to tell yourself you're happy before you believe your own lies?

is there any field i can get 80k in with reading based degrees? as in, not numbers based? Things like practicing math equations, inputting data, and all that bs makes me wanna kill myself

probably not if you want to do a meme field your only option to live a good life is get your phd and become a professor and make money selling fake dreams to young dumb kids

Yea but there's no other way.

Crypto seems like a pipe dream at this point.

fuck me, that sucks. what about law? I know you need good grades to get into law school, but I feel like I can do it depending on the degree. What are some undergrad degrees that typically lead to a career in law?

Can we agree that 80% of the population who are not above Bachelors degree qualified are fucked?

No I haven't even finished my associates And I'm comfy

Learn a trade ez money

9-5 isn't 9-5 if you have a high paying job.

My life currently, work in finance in London.
>wake up 5:45am
>check emails on phone and reply to anything important
>gym for 30min, hiit on treadmill
>dress shower etc 30min
>commute on underground, busy sweaty and expensive 45min including walking
>get to work
>read all news related to work/industry
>check emails from yanks
>work
>lunch at desk or if a good day 2hr lunch with clients
>finish anywhere between 6-11pm
>either go home to sleep or go drinking and then go home to sleep

Rent costs half my post tax wage and I still share with one guy.

Everyone tells me how successful I am and how I just have to work for 15-20yrs and I'll be mega rich.

In reality I wake up everyday and check my blockfolio, realise I can't stop working yet, and die a bit inside.

What do you do for work user?

nice life

You pull lots of bitches tho?

Junior analyst at buy side research company. The company basically creates research which investors pay for. Pays well but v tiring on mind and body. Even when you're not at work you're attached to your phone incase anything comes through.

The fact you live in London makes it 10x worse. I'm a student here so I won't stay here for long but fuck working and living in London for 15 years

why would you ask the retards here? why are you doing that?
that's probably the biggest question you should ask first

Are you guys paying student loans?

Yes but it isn't much, comes out of pay every month like another tax. It's more obvious when I get a bonus because it takes a chunk out. Also the interest on it is unreasonably high and it's built up to quite a large debt.

Yea, the interest is too high I agree.

How much interest are you paying?

I think I'm paying 5% per month, is that right? I need to check on this.

9-5 is a meme

You have to wake up at 7am and get ready, then sit in traffic, then you get lunch which is usually unpaid, then you have to sit in traffic on the way home

You get paid for 8 hours but must devote 10.5+ hours a day to work

I'm not paying anything yet but I think it's 9% of your income or something.

Work because you want to, not because you have to

9 - 5 degrades that ideal, life is too short

I don't know the exact number, they send through letters sometime about it. It started at 4-5% when I was still at uni and now it's over 7-8%. Pretty painful looking back, if I had access to the credit I have now I would pay privately, unfortunately my family are shit poor.

9 - 5 job is fine if you're happy with it. But most people doing that aren't happy. It's not safe either, you're job will probably get automated by the time your retire. You don't have to use crypto to get fuck you rick, just enough that to replace the income you would make at an average 9-5 job, and feel secure that you won't ever be broke