Other urls found in this thread:

cci-reanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#t2anom
longrangeweather.com/global_temperatures.htm
nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
youtube.com/watch?v=gRjxE9upk9g&t=528s
climatechange2013.org/images/report/WG1AR5_TS_FINAL.pdf
science2017.globalchange.gov/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where are they getting this data about C02 levels from 1000-1900?

Yes. As soon as it kills us off, the bubble will pop

How do I short the global warming bubble?

then drumpf is right i guess

A history of our atmosphere is stored in the layers of ice in Antarctica

Yep, still a few years before the crash though so hold off on getting your shorts in.

It will crash eventually. If that is enough to be a bubble then yes.

I think of a bubble in a slightly different way though. For me a bubble is a market in which the participants keep convincing themselves that there will be a next ATH and therefore pumping the price for an asset way beyond reasonable.

A bubble is governed by massive greed during growth and an equally big amount of fear during the burst.

People are always denying that crypto is a bubble but it is. There is no question that crypto brings value to the world but the reason for most people to buy and hodl it is because they believe that it will have a higher value in the future, which fits my definition of a bubble just fine.

Greed is an ugly thing. I am greedy myself and therefore holding cryptos but I keep reminding myself that I am in a big bubble to keep my sanity.

what a heart of gold you have. wow

That chart is fake tho.
Source - Vostok Ice Core CO2 data.

I love charts where they deliberately cut off the bottom and don't start from 0 one the scale to make it look more dramatic

Are you retarded? You just posted a chart of global temperatures (OP posted CO2 concentration in ppm) which also does not contain the last decades.

your chart is global temperatures
op's chart is co2 level
the absolute state of climate change deniers

Thanks, shorting ×100 right now

Global temperatures correlate with CO2 level in the atmosphere, tard. That's how you measure temperatures thousands of years back, by drilling the ice core.

if anything you're just proving yourself it's all bullshit

Chart has no temperature scale tho

Elaborate pls

>.5°F temp change in 200+ years

The whole premise of the "global warming" is that's the temperatures are rising, due to CO2 pollution by humans.
Now they are saying temperatures have nothing to do with CO2.

It's a bull trap

That sounds like some bullshit made up by liberals.

More CO2 in the atmosphere means more air for plants to breathe. This is why crop yields have been increasing exponentially worldwide. Problem?

is this a joke?
i hate leftists

As far as the meme graph goes we are in early adaptor phase. Several self reinforcing positive feed back lops have just been activated. With the remade of carbon stored in permafrost and shallow sea methane hydrates the party has just begun, carbon levels and temps to the .

chart only goes to 1950, zoom out retard

Release not remade

nigga400 ppm is all that's needed to geek the earth, you asswiping brainlet

Yeah just like all of (((science))) save phrenology.

That why you should refer to it as climate change. Rising of the global temperature is just one of many processes going on.

Why do you put ice cubes in your drink? Because they keep the drink at constant cool temperature until they are gone. What do you think will happen if the ice on the poles is gone?

Do you still think that there is no temperature increase?

[citation needed]

Yes it’s going to crash hard when all the humans die.

How much (as a %) of the medievil warm period was due to man made CO2?

None. Fluctuations are normal. An exponential growth on the other hand is not.

Natural cycle caused by sun output. Changes in climate can be observed on all planets in the solar system

Nice to hear some one talk about the arctic ice. It's a big deal. There is good evidence to suggest we will be ice free for parts of the year by five years, this is really going to fuck with the planet, especially if all the methane hydrates get released.

It's actually some pretty interesting stuff. The ice in Antarctica doesn't melt, it just builds up layers year after year, each layer completely untouched or modified until we retrieve samples. Those ice layers hold a lot of information, giving us a snapshot of what the planet was like during that time.

Firstly there's the stuff that gets trapped inside of the ice, such as CO2 and other gasses. Then we can even look at the crystalline structure of the ice itself, since its structure varies a lot with temperature.

You acknowledge that global temperatures are still lower than they were before by correcting him on the second chart, yet you acknowledge co2 levels are rising sharply according to OPs chart. If we've hit co2 levels unprecedented to any time before - wouldn't global temperature be setting records?

I'll just leave this here

cci-reanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#t2anom

If climate change is real and will destroy civilization, then the only solution is becoming a doomsday prepper. Nothing is going to change as the current paradigm in the world is GDP growth, and GDP growth is directly linked to energy consumption which is still overwhelmingly fossil fuel generated. Western nations have begun mass population replacement schemes due to low birth rates of the native population in order to keep GDP growth high . Because the banking system needs growth to pay the debt principal + interest, the entire system is a ponzi scheme.

Now tell me (as a %) how much of the current temperature fluctuation is caused by man made CO2.

Global average temperatures have been setting records, we have had something like 7 out of the ten hottest years the last decade with 2016 being the hottest on record. 2017 was the hottest year without an el nino.

The greenhouse effect is the reason why Earth is heating up.

Humans caused the greenhouse effect.

Human contribution to climate change is proven through the massive amounts of fossil-fuel-based carbon in the atmosphere.

I do not acknowledge that global temperatures are lower than they were before. Look at the chart. His chart is missing the 20st century.

Nope, in fact the air does interact with the ground, the water, and with ice sheets. Ice sheets provide a great measurement of climate conditions over time because they rarely interact with any other external forces or weathering.

ummm, ice cores aren't the only proxies for past temperatures tho

>uses 1979-2000 as a base, "ideal" temp.
Why?

longrangeweather.com/global_temperatures.htm

So why was it so hot back then? oonga boonga rock mobile emissions. weather is a cycle, we are in one now. the amount of natural co2 emitted from nature alone is so vast our impact is literally who levels

Sure.

Carbon in carbon dioxide takes place in three isotopes: C12, C13, C14.

C14 is radioactive. It is the isotope measured in carbon dating (uses half life of C14 to measure age).

Our atmosphere's radioactivity (proportion of atmosphere that is C14) has rapidly declined since the industrial era.

This is because the Carbon released by burning fossil fuels does not contain C14.

Fossil fuels are organic material dead for hundreds of thousands of years, meaning most of the C14 has since decayed.

Open for any questions

>global warming
>more water evaporated from the oceans
>bigger and stronger storms
water level wont rise per say but were going to have more disasters

>invested in 1600s
>sold in 1900s

It's vast, but you're severely underestimating human output.

We can be reasonably sure the increase in CO2 over the last century or two is primarily human driven. For one, no known natural source corresponds with the increase we've been seeing. Volcanoes and whatnot aren't enough to account for it.

Two, CO2 released through human processes has a different ratio of carbon isotopes than natural CO2. See this guy

Did you ever ask yourself why do these always go down no further than 1880? Because there was an ice age in the 19th century and the middle ages were even warmer than our current temperatures, tardo.
Greenaland was green only a few centuries ago, tardo. We are going back to normal temperatures now.

So what are you trying to say exactly?

did someone mention i-ice?

nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

INVEST NOW GLOBAL TEMPERATURE IS MOONING

>thinks science is political
my sides

> weather is a cycle, we are in one now.
it's to fast for being a natural one. also even if it's a natural one we should find a way to stop it anyway.

>we should try and control nature anyways

lmao

If our planet was meant to die I'd rather just let it, pretty shit planet desu

If the atmosphere has lower radioactivity, it has a lower proportion of C14.

The only feasible thing that could have caused a massive reduction in C14 in the atmosphere is mass human burning of fossil fuels.

There are literally no other sources of carbon dioxide that don't have C14. Burning trees, decaying plants, volcanoes, etc. etc. all emit C14. Fossil fuels are the only thing I know that do not.

If changes in atmospheric CO2 were natural, we would expect the ratio of C14 to C12 to remain the same.

If a CO2 increase was primarily human driven, we would expect to see this ratio change, because humans mainly burn C12 over other isotopes.

We are in fact seeing such an increase of C12.

and is C14 good or bad

Shit nigga what about all that methane?

This guy has a great you tube channel discussing the arctic sea ice and other climate change related subjects.
youtube.com/watch?v=gRjxE9upk9g&t=528s

An interesting note about ice. If you apply x amount of energy to melt y amount of ice,
using x amount of energy to hear water just above freezing will heat y amount of ice to 78 degrees centigrade.
Once the arctic sea ice is gone the oceans are going to heat up extremely fast, completely changing the weather patterns on earth. At this point things are so out of control it is not really even worrying about, people who deny this is happening and are under 50 are going to see this shit play out within there lives, it is going to get ugly.

Again, what percentage of current warming is mankind responsible for ... a ballpark will do if you have no scientific evidence.

It's almost entirely human driven. Or, if humans did not exist we would not be seeing the warming we are currently seeing.

water volume expands as it gets warmer.

>better just accept extintion
lul
also irrelevant since it's largely man caused

youre forgetting

>more clouds

water vapor is a strong green house gas but cloud coverage is what prevents this planet from run away global warming

You can read a report here:
climatechange2013.org/images/report/WG1AR5_TS_FINAL.pdf

"It is extremely likely that human activities caused more than half of the
observed increase in global average surface temperature from 1951 to
2010."

The required data for this statement is also included in the file. Have fun.

half of right wingers don't believe in climate change because bible says only god can change the weather and the other half believe it but don't care because atlas shrugged says government shouldn't regulate anything

I’m pretty sure there are weather certificates, like Futures. Not even joking.

They have probably never read about "Operation Popeye". kek

If it's man-caused, wouldn't it be sensible to kill all the niggers, arabs and pajeets, since they constitute the majority of the world population, yet contribute nothing of value?
Killing 5 billions of the vermin with biological weapons would solve all the world problems.

>climatechange2013
>unironically posting Al Gore funded website
Opinion discarded

>There is only medium to low confidence in the rate of change of
tropospheric warming and its vertical structure. Estimates of tropospheric
warming rates encompass surface temperature warming
rate estimates. There is low confidence in the rate and vertical
structure of the stratospheric cooling. {2.4.4}

wow great stuff you are posting here

Here's the 2017 version: science2017.globalchange.gov/

wordy but still very readable, with plenty of citations

I believe in it desu I just don't give a shit. We're not powerful enough to kill the earth, just enough to kill ourselves. Have you seen the state of society lately? It won't get better, we don't deserve to become an interstellar species.

So .. like 100%. Half of right winger dont believe in climate change cause they already have a religion.

Global warming/climate change denial is a psy op funded by big oil companies like exxon mobile and royal dutch shell That's why english speaking countries are the only ones where climate change is a 'political issue'. In any other country both the right and left wing ideologies agree that it exists.

Veeky Forums is compromised by corporate shills who have a vested interest in protecting corporate interests. There's more money in paying people to deny climate change than there is to make up the concept.

t. /x/

yes that is a solution even though is unapplicable in the current political climate of democracy and human right.
Nevertheless it will happen if we don't change the trend

>2018
>there are still climate change denier left

What I hate most of the whole thing isn't even the deniers, it's the weak-willed "scientists" and "activists" themselves. Everyone seem content to ignore the biggest fucking elephant in the room, which is population growth. You can talk about cutting CO2 emissions all you want, but it won't matter when the human population is not projected to flat out until 2100. Way too late by then. But no, talking about that will hurt people's feelings.
Even if we sterilised 80% of the population right now its still probably too late. Short of a mass global culling I don't really see any options to stop climate change.

Plants are booming like crazy and gonna crash CO2 market. Start shorting once the trend's rate of change crosses under zero.

keke

"The IPCC receives funding through the IPCC Trust Fund, established in 1989 by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Costs of the Secretary and of housing the secretariat are provided by the WMO, while UNEP meets the cost of the Depute Secretary."

It is UN funded.

It wont matter what I say, you will always find a reason not to change your views.

Do you have any evidence supporting the view that climate change is NOT man made?

Nice brainwashing you got there.

Well, it doesn't even matter if climate change is real and human-driven. It's all about money-eating in the end.

>Short of a mass global culling I don't really see any options to stop climate change.
Anyone following the rapid development of CRISPR technology knows this is what will happen whether we like it or not. Either we engineer a virus that culls on our terms or rogue states like NK eventually gain the capability to engineer one on their terms. People can buy proof of concept kits that engineer E.Coli to become penicillin resistant. Pandora's box has already been opened and nobody is paying attention.

that with less radiation in our atmosphere more cosmic rays are bombarding earth, making the ice melt

Get your head out of the ass and follow the money. Oil is a trillion dollar industry and oil companies have already been caught with their hands down their pants multiple times funding denial and anti-nuclear activists.

They are the global elite. They don't give a fuck if what they're doing will kill your children. They'll be dead before they have to suffer the consequences.

>Is global warming a bubble?
extend that graph out to 750 million years to see why Global Warming is a bubble. It's about to burst. I call it within the next millenium.

((We)) aren't, but the next generations are going to enjoy One Piece earth where everything is the Bahamas and plants grow the size of buildings, and there might even be dinosaurs or at-least giant fish

>caring about children
It's too late.

We fucked up big this time...

Hey man, this literally has nothing to do with being a “Chad”. This is a stand up guy doing stand up things.

Also stop using that word. It’s so stupid and so immature.

You want to be the kind of person where people ask if you’re single? Start with dropping words like “Chad” or “incel” or “cuck” or “pede”. Stop living your life like it’s a meme. I guarantee you this guy doesn’t label people into memes like you just did.

Start right now. Better yourself right now.

Do this for a year and report back. I bet your world perspective will have changed, and we’ll be upvoting your tweet about helping others. Hopefully we’ll also be upvoting your post in /r/happy about how you turned your life around and found someone.

Or stay on the path you’re on and see where that takes you.

This. Is there more zoomed-out chart?

biz as usual

>proving a negative
I'll provide evidence that catastrophic global warming is NOT man made (or happening) if you prove that God does NOT exist.