What degree does Veeky Forums have?

What degree does Veeky Forums have?
How did you decide what you wanted to study?
How did you decide what you wanted to do?

High School dropout

Criminal justice. I'm a cop.

lol, my major is related to your pic, civil engineering. Did an internship, it was good money, but also realized being a cad monkey was not for me and that I didn't want to waste my life doing something I kinda wanted to do. don't get me wrong civil eng is pretty interesting, learning about structural and hydraulic engineering, but I realized that working a 9 to 5 is not for me.

going to join the military once i graduate. I have made some pretty good money off of crypto, so I'm not chasing money I'm chasing something I want to do.

3rd year drilling engineering.
Wanted man stuff with mud and machines.
Found man stuff with mud and machines.

> majoring in something so specific

bad idea, getting a civil, electrical, or mech degree is the way to go because they are broad and each of them cover many different markets. Majoring in something so niche can be disastrous

CompSci

dropped out of highschool and then dropped out of college.
decided I wanted to study physics because of its ephemeral nature. decided I wanted to be a software engineer because money

bachelors in materials science and engineering

wanted to do something sciency but still earn money, liked learning overall

during my internship learned that i barely used anything i learned in school, but have a good work ethic/ability to learn from it instead. was fun shit.

chemical engineer
wanted to do industrial chemistry but thought this option might be more practical
had alot of chemisty teachers at high school that were fantastic and everyone of them came from a similar field

kinda regret it now, im working a job that anyone can do, with shit hours and shit pay. if crypto doesnt work out im either going to go travelling for 2 years or just off myself, havent decided yet

You're beyond correct. But it's a little to late to switch $again$. I was a third year chem student at U of I. Realized i hated spending 8 hours in a lab and needed man stuff in my life. I'm hoping this turns out well. And, I really enjoy this stuff. Spent some time on a drilling rig and I've concluded that I'd mix drilling mud with a ladle for free as long as they fed me.

hey I'm not trying to hate on your passion man. If you really love and have passion for something, then you will be successful in it, my comment was more generally true, but in individual cases things can be different. And of course, I think we will need to be drilling into the earth for a long time to come

Oil rigs , dropped out of high school when I was 17 . 200k a year not bad for a dumb dumb

bsc econ & msc cs

sounds like a resident of western australia. is it really hard to get work on oil rigs?

Northern Canada.. couple safety tickets and a go hard retard attitude

bsc in finance
msc in computational engineering

havent finished msc yet, but dont want to work. avg salary for this degree is 150k starting, which is about my crypto earnings. i might do it to get more money to put into crytpos though

Electrical Engineering - I was always fascinated by the power and advances of technology. I wanted to understand how it all works.

shit hey, my uncle works in alberta for a company that processes oil sands. i wanted to get amongst it but it would be a struggle trying to convince HR to take on a relative from australia hahah

I felt that way about computers and did a computer engineering associates and hated it.
I only wanted to study computers and programming because I fell for the /g/ memes and was building my own PC.
I have an associates in computing and regret it because I forgot everything I learned...
I don't like programming, network engineering and cybersecurity

I am sorry to hear that. Did you switch major?

Great, USA need fresh fodder for the upcoming israel v. mideast war. Good goy.

electrical engineer bachelor with safety-critical embedded systems as masters
chose it because its a highly paid profession
pic related

Bachelors in business finance. Graduated early too which was neat
I got it cause i like the idea of working in nice looking buildings wearing suits and doing business stuff
Runescape 2 probably helped me get into investing also my dad was a bank examiner and is now the president of a private equity investment company

Now for a job im hoping to get into financial advising because of the rediculous salary potential if you put the work in and because i also like meeting people

Political science. Fell for the sjw meme hard. My life is fucked

No, I joined the army instead and am now a NEET with no transferable skills and a degree that's worthless because I don't have any knowledge in it.

I want to do construction or civil engineering but I think I'm too dumb for civil engineering and it seems difficult to get jobs as a construction manager with a degree and no experience.

Juris doctor. I don't really have much to say in most of the crypto threads around here since I only have about 1% of my portfolio in BTC & ETH, holding mostly just for diversification. But I like reading all the drama and 24/7 panic, FUD, and shilling around here.

hey do you think its a good idea to go to law school, take out a huge loan and go all into crypto? could probablly borrow half a mil

It doesn't work like that. You apply for the loan and the lender just sends it directly to the school.

Don't burn yourself. This could either make you or break you. Very high risk.

CMs require certification, education and half a decade of experience. You start as a field engineer

don't off yourself. If you were smart enough to get a chem eng degree you have a high enough iq to figure out other ways to succeed.

> hating on the military
> blaming jews again

back to pol, the men with careers and money are talking little brainlet

civil engineering is doable as long as you're not a brainlet, and have a good understanding of physics, calculus, and chemistry, cause you will be using all of those things. Also, if you think you can escape computers in civil eng, you are wrong. We have to study matlab/fortran programming, and all of us are trained to use CAD.

> working 9-5 is not for me
> Id rather spend whole days on some military base shitting around doing nothing perspective

Dong get me wrong, Im not hating on your choices, but doesnt army eats the best years of your life with little to no reward?

In my final year for B.S. in computer engineering
Always enjoyed programming but wanted to learn more about the really low-level stuff, and the physics behind the hardware

nah its possible. i got a lump sum for my masters. just asked for it and they gave it to me
i dunno. dont have much to live for... rather try to be free than live as a slave

Civil is pretty minimal on the programming side of things compared to mech or EE, especially if you pursue construction. CADD (not CAD) is taught to new hires and interns, because they expect you to have learned only the very basics.

going to be a pilot or officer of some kind. An engineering degree has a lot of clout in the military. as far as "eating the best years of my life" well I really don't know cause I haven't done it yet. But it's one of those things that can only be done when you are a young man, and ever since I was a kid I have wanted to be a soldier. For other people military may be a bad idea, but if I spent my prime 20's working a 9 to 5, kissing a bosses ass, chasing roasties, and overall being a complete normie, I would hate myself.

I respect your criticism but for me I don't think it applies.

>civil engineering is doable as long as you're not a brainlet, and have a good understanding of physics, calculus, and chemistry, cause you will be using all of those things. Also, if you think you can escape computers in civil eng, you are wrong. We have to study matlab/fortran programming, and all of us are trained to use CAD.
I haven't touched math and programming in 4 years, physics in 6.

So what? I dropped out in 2011 and came back 4 years later to change my degree and graduate. The only reason companies look at GPAs when they hire is that they show you can apply yourself and learn new things even when they're not necessarily relevant to what you want to do.

we are talking about getting the degree, not the actual job. Everyone knows that you don't use 90% of what you learn in university but to get through school you will definitely need to be adept at mathematics and science or you will not make it.

yeah, but you still need to know it and get through the classes. and we still call it CAD (computer-aided design)

none i have an unusually large penis and im a pretty white guy, so making money is as easy as a few hours on a cam site. pays living expenses for a month. allah akbah

Lol getting a degree. I an't falling for you dirty jew. I'm perfectly content living like a fucking NEET making 2k a week sometimes a Day on cryptos

civil is one of the easier engineerings, you'll be fine.

I have a degree in driving a forklift
150k a year
I was insane from drug use 18>26
>iceicebaby.gif
I still earn 150k a year
I have traversed a continent with work since then
I DRIVE A FORKLIFT
FU
Pay debnts

No need for degrees. do what you want when you live in the world of free information.

Live this golden rule my whole life.
Read books all the time
Watch YouTube
Follow people's advice
Practice my craft everyday (electronics)

I just made a prototype for an energy harvesting system for a certain application and I have several 7 figure offers for the patent.

School is for those whom must be told what to do with their lives.

I have a BA in Philosophy, just like my boy Sergey.

After graduating I ended up in a large financial org, did professional certs and got chartered. 6 years later I'm a few weeks away from a new job at a firm providing accounting, business forecasting, accounting, tax advice and securing investment for tech startups. Even have some crypto clients on the books.

This. I'm a ME. The academia has the illusion and sometimes truth of being difficult but useful. In the real world I would have been as successful after high school as I'm after university. But since you need a degree to do the most menial task I would never have gotten a job after high school. Jobs are getting easier and easier, but you need to study more and work longer hours to create a image of yourself as someone who does "important" work. It's politics in the end.
I'm guessing that a future-proof career will be in communication in the engineering field. People always will have a need of talking to other people. When software develops itself and machines manufacture themselves, will man finally free himself from throwing away a third of his life? Probably not, but you could hope.

Well if you think so..
All I know for sure is, that in order to become an officer you also have to kiss alot of asses, wherever you wanna become something more in terms of career you gotta be nice and soft with some people you dont admire or respect just because they spend alot of time kissing someones ass to get into their position... its like a magic wheel, gl tho, I hope you fullfill your expectations mate. Just so you know, Iam 25 yr old chasing hoes, drinking almost evedy friday going to festivals almost every month eating ecs pills or sniffing coke time to time. Already changed like 5 working positions, just because I wanted to do something new, also planning to change the one I got now just to get an experience from different field. The job I have now got me enough financial freedom to get involved in crypto, so one day it may return in $boost. I have no idea or any plan about my life desu.

> I have no idea or any plan about my life

it's ok, in reality none of us really do, life is like that. It seems like you're enjoying the life I described as not wanting to have, lol, which is fine. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I would cut it out with the coke and pills though, it's a very slippery slope, do lsd/shrooms once a year and drink from time to time with friends, you really don't need anything other than that.

25 in school for business accounting
worked blue collar shit, driving shit, all jobs for brainlets and realized i hated wearing dirty clothes and being around people who thought they were better than 9-5ers
i want to wear a nice shirt and outfit and work an easy job that pays the bills. one busy ass grind season a year and the rest of the year i can take vacations without fucking anyone over.

>BS Nuclear engineering Technology
>BS Health Science
>MS Fitness and Nutrition
>MA Political Science
Maximized my GI Bill as much as possible. Used the 111 college credits that I got for enlisting in the Navy as a Nuclear Reactor Operator. Tried to be as well rounded as possible.
>Weekly reports to a small investment firm on politics, and now cryptos too
>100% VA disability

Yeah dude, were all gonna make it one day

I like nothing, what should I study.

>if I spent my prime 20's working a 9 to 5, kissing a bosses ass, chasing roasties, and overall being a complete normie
What the fuck do you think the army is?

im a dropout

now im a deepweb vendor selling weed and hash, i make around 9k a month, i can make alot more but dont want to get too big and get noticed

life is good atm.