XRP

Why is there no thread on this?

cryptopanic.com/news/1051213/Ripple-RT-uaeexchange-UAEExchange-partners-with-Ripple-for-instant-cross-border-payments-becomes-the-first-global-money_transfer-business-in-Middle-East-to-offer-real-time-seamless-payment-solutions-using-blockchain-technology-Read-more-httpstcoiXbUycOB6b-httpstcovC8cagF3s9

Seriously, isn't this big news?

Okay, thanks Veeky Forums, taking a leveraged long now.

ok nigger

Veeky Forums is for braap posting and sniffers. What you're looking for is r/cryptocurrency

Oh so XRP is now the go to crypto to fund terrorist activities? sasuga Ameriburgers

Veeky Forums used to be a pretty excellent place to get some info. It's where I first heard about ETH back in 16. Now it's just a cesspool

Ripple company is not the same as ripple currency. Most of their partnerships involve the technology but not the currency. You fuckwit.

I'm aware of that, but you're telling me not even the hype from this could push the value up? Come on dude, we both know this market isn't valued properly.

you dumb fuck, Ripple Labs has two products
xCurrent (doesn't use XRP) and xRapid (uses XRP). xRapid is superior because it saves more costs and provides settlement.

xCurrent is just a way to get them through the door. The goal is to get them to use xRapid, eventually. xRapid involves using public exchanges so this will take time because of regulations.

>being this desperate to be handheld

Buy it if you think it'll go up, don't come asking for our permission first you gigantic cuck

[Performance]
-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7.
-Payment channels can process 10s of 1000s of transactions per second.

[Cost]
-A standard transaction costs just 0.00001 XRP.
-The cost is not paid to any party: it's irrevocably destroyed.

[Real-world use]
-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
-Bichip will use XRP in its RFID chips.
-A w3c standard that Ripple helped develop (and was demo'd by Microsoft) will be available in all major browsers, it'll facilitate paying with XRP.

[Economics]
-The supply is fixed.
-Unlike Bitcoin, there's no inflation. Bitcoin uses PoW which relies on inflation and/or high fees. Bitcoin requires $18M of net new $ flowing in just to maintain the price!!

[Security]
-Unlike Bitcoin, double-spending isn't possible. Bitmain (a Chinese company) can rollback Bitcoin's chain and bunkrupt the whole ecosystem.
-An attack could only stop new transactions temporarily. Participants would simply remove bad participants from their list

[Decentralisation]
-Each participant can run a validator and use his own list of validators.
-validators role is to agree on an order for new transactions
-10s of reputable public & private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Bahnhof,..)
-Consensus for the order of new transactions requires a supermajority of 80%

[Incentives]
-XRP is a revenue source for Ripple Labs. This aligns its incentives with XRP hodlers. It uses the revenue to improve the tech and expand XRP's marketshare.
-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches on the network. Only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. XRP is sold only to long term investors (i.e., they can't dump).

hey FUCKTARD, guess what... EVERY crypto gives you fucking instant "cross border" payments. jesus fucking christ, how stupid are you faggot?

tell me which reliable crypto takes a fraction of a cent and few seconds for a transaction

Stellar

Also, unlike ripple, the devs don't have billions in their pockets ready to dump every month.

Is there anything wrong with getting some people's input for a discussion? I figured I might get a couple good posts like

>-A standard transaction costs just 0.00001 XRP.
>-The cost is not paid to any party: it's irrevocably destroyed.
How does that work if the total supply of XRP is limited? Eventually all XRP is destroyed and then what?

vergeHAHAHAHA

stellar is a shitty fork of Ripple

no where the partnerships or talent Ripple Labs has

>a couple good posts

That ripple copypasta that is incorrect and has been posted continually for the past week by a pump and dump group, that's a good post?

Your pajeet is showing. Learn to write properly before coming back.

the amount burned is very very small, the effect on total supply is insignificant.

*no where the amount of

nice rebuttal

*no where near the amount of

yes I'm sleepy, feel free to make an argument any time.

So we're counting on this never becoming a big thing or it's gonna kill itself? If it becomes big enough to, say, process all credit card transactions (62 billion per year currently), after how many years has it killed itself?

Are you intentionally trying to create a heated argument to test us? Or are you actually aggravated at this post. I don't even like ripple personally, I think stellar is still better, this just seems like something that can make profit. If you're so wise though why don't you point us in a better direction

no. At the current cost and max tps, it would burn just 315 XRP per year. The fee would increase slightly with more load, but the burned amount would still be insignificant.

btw, payment channel (handles 10s of 1000s per second) cost nothing except when opening and closing them.

also this

also this.

also this..

Been putting a little bit of my wageslave check into XRP every week....

We're really going to make it guys

Your shit coin has literally doubeled in price this past week.

What more do you want?

90% of the current market cap