Millennial Salaries

>Boomers and Gen X: "Don't let them low ball you son. Speak up and negotiate for a higher salary. You don't know how valuable you are son. You should be the one asking them why you should work there"

>mfw the job market is literally the Hunger Games and they don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=labourer&l=North West
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/30/student-flies-london-via-spain-cheaper-train/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I deal with this same bullshit from my family. I explain to them how they imported shitskins to do it cheaper and I can't compete and they just start yelling at me like it's my fault. If I ask for the appropriate salary I won't get the job retards.

ITT: Excuses to be a NEET.

extra true if it's poor capitalism with no requires for smart minds

>can't compete with shitskins
lmao
user, sorry to tell you this, but it is entirely your fault

user sorry to tell you but its common knowledge that companies outsource for cheap labor

He means that he can't accept a wage lower than what immigrants are willing to take.

Reading comprehension.

>expecting a good salary before proving your loyalty to the company
Just lmao at you failures

Glad I am not a brainlet loser like you

Why do the strawberries need a weed barrier? Are they too scared to compete with some little old weeds?

>tfw when no good education or being in a promising field so i have to compete with 3rd worlders
lmao
u loosers
maybe should have thought about ur future instead of wanking to my little pony
i should be sad for you, but i can't help myself sorry

at least u can help yourself with the shitcoinroulette
lmao

>G-get a trade or skillset user! Or else by the time you're 40 you'll be useless

Hey dumbass boomer, I don't plan on being a wagecuck at 40. Enjoy your broke social security, worthless house, and worthless fiat while the world uses a real, useable currency that has a fixed rate of inflation, unlike gold or fiat.

So many autist programmers I work around have no clue India, Pakistan and China will undercut the shit out of us by the time I'm their age. Not gonna fall for the rat race sorry.

Took me 10yrs in mining industry to get the first job i actually had my eye on from the start. Youngest Gen Y is so fucking lazy they cant sacrifice jack shit. Bunch of fucking gimme dats

>having a skillset that is easily outsourcable or replacable by a third worlder
first mistake
u idiots saw it all coming
i mean for what did you use all the wisdom that is now easily archivable through digitalisation?
oh wait, wanking to traps and hentai
lmao

I feel for you poor youngsters with your hip hopping music and tamagotchis. You'll never know the simple pleasure of marching into the manager's office, giving him a firm handshake, looking him straight in the eye and saying "Mr Goldbergstein, I'm the man for the job" and getting hired on the spot. It's all entitlement and video games and wah wah wah there's too many blacks. Let me tell you, if you're not prepared to do an honest day's work, you'll never get anywhere in life.

Most skills aren't that difficult to attain with the advent of the internet. You can literally contract someone 3000 miles away to advise you on a project, rather than work on it full time or be on-site.

Boomers who are regarded highly are already beginning to take on jobs all over the country for mundane tasks, mainly so it isn't screwed up while the wage slaves and poo in loos do the grunt work. This wasn't possible 10 years ago.

Most of them aren't gonna die for another 20 years, and will work until death because they have no retirement money. Why the fuck do I want to compete with them? I'd rather have property or a business I have full control and understanding over that these boomers don't understand but will probably use.

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. The problem is that even if you are in the right field where the jobs are and didn't study masturbation in college, if you don't have rich parents with connections to get you a job, companies expect you to be some meth-addicted Asian that has a 4.9 GPA and 10 internships to get a fucking living wage. We aren't talking about extravagant salaries here, people.

wild strawberries taste better

>fell for the programming meme
shouldve went into network, security or systems. pajeets are so bad that there is no competition

>tfw OP almost got BRAP in all caps in his ID

than u have no problem, good for you

and for the rest:
maybe you should think about a different profession as sitting in front of a monitor and doing monkey work every indian could do for a third of ur salary?
and maybe you baby ancaps should have thought why unions maybe help u?
mr. drumpf will not save u from this mess

Excuses. I'd expect nothing less from your generation. Glad to see you didn't disappoint.

ITT: anons who didn’t study Computer Science.

I made six figures right out of college. Same hours, interesting work, mostly fun co-workers. Breddy gud life sway

Also, companies in the US are literally hiring foreign workers because there aren’t enough non-shit American developers. Quite a shame, and also an opportunity for you college-aged anons

Lmao the delusion in this post

Stop LARPing as a boomer faggot. You live in your car. kys.

all this whining
u got the same victim mentality as the crazy feminists
if u were unable to make some connections while u were in university instead of drinking, wanking and shitposting the whole day then u have a problem
thats not some secret wisdom

Well, look at the bright side, the foreigners killing the job market are pretty happy since they really got a life level up from their hellhole. Each time you lose a position to a pajeet, you make a whole pajeet family of 30 happy.

Seeking: Dishwasher

Essential experience: 10 years of dish washing with a BSc in Scrubology

Indians literally can't do what I do as well as I do which is why I get paid 6 figures and get to work from home when I want to.

Crypto was a great additonal income stream but since Goldberg Sachs decided to fuck it up you anons need to GG to make it

Spainfag here. At a rate of 800€ monthly, it would take me 20 years to buy the flat that my dad bought with a single income doing welding.

It's fucking impossible to buy a house working anymore. I have more chances at going rich in the next 5 years by just sitting on my ass and staying NEET watching my 21 BTC become worth millions than working for a wage.

Labour is no longer valued, only flow of capital. It is a matter of time that all these boomer tier assets collapse and a big chunk gets allocated into the capital B blockchain. The bond market will crash so bad. Can't wait, revenge will be brutally served. We are taking over, this is not a fucking game.

What's a boomer? Is that gay slang that you and your 76 other gendered pansexuals use?

I've actually seen this

you can't get a job even at a burger king without work experience. That's so fucked up, that's supposed to be entry level high school shit.

What field coding/programming? Is there still a shortage or too saturated now?

My favorite is when they tell millennials that can't get a job that they should go to a career fair. This is a cruel joke.

I really hope you don't have 21 BTC, but rather 21 BTC worth of crypto. Because you'd pretty much be set for life just putting them into other coins by EOY.

Majority of millenals are really dumb, or have not yet realized they are fucked unless born to wealth. Not only saralies are lacking, cost of living is on the rise, taxes takes half of your little salary and if you are about to buy a house atm you gonna loose your shirt on that. And add a student loan scam on that all as majority of muricans will never be able to pay their student debt with current jobs and cost of living, increasing rates will rocket launch the multi trillion student debt bomb to Mars. 1/3 have already moved back to parents cause they cant afford to pay their living after uni LOOOOL

what if you owned a BK?

you are trying to maximize profits and you need to hire more people to ensure the business runs.

you want to potentially waste money on someone who sucks or minimize your loss by hiring someone who has work experience already?

One of my co-workers asked for a raise. So they fired him. It's a right-to-work state so they're allowed to fire for any reason.

Companies don't want to deal with the bullshit of employees begging for raises when there's literally dozens of potential new hires willing to do the job for almost nothing.

Yes this is like dating.

Roasties have 10000000 beta's orbiting them at any given moment, dating apps made it worse.

I'm on the cusp of Gen X, my little brother is a millenial. You fuckers are literally worthless. I moved out at 17 working at a KFC and living in a literal crack house. My little brother is 20 something and living in mom's basement because he cant get a 50k a year job with his degree. Gen Z is our only hope.

Sucks to be you. I'm making 200k USD a year programming right out of college. Next time study something other than african history.

As a millennial, gen Z is even worse than mine.

>muah everyone has it so easy
>my life is so hard
>i have no chance
>everyone else's fault

lmao
the current state of young people
failures and crybabies

cs is massively oversaturated in canada and most of the rest of the world for that matter

Many professions are already saturated.

>implying entry level cs jobs are anyhting more than monkey see monkey do

they hire foreigners cuz they can pay them less and they are virtual slavs thanks to the visa limiations.

Boomer here.
No way I would tell any of you NEETs to try to negotiate a higher salary. If I were your parent, I'd be thrilled if you got minimum wage.
Heck, even a free internship.

Programming what?

Cause developer wages vary a lot between individuals.
Also, how's systems, network and security doing and its prevision for the future?

Networks, security or systems.

Which one is the most growing one? or the one that's needed the most or pays best?

over-saturated in shit programmers. learn a language that pays well or nobody else knows and can get you hired.
For every line of code written by 10 pajeets, a white or chinese dude has to come in and sweep up all the garbage and practically rewrite everything. Outsourcing is a problem created by greedy upper level management and executives that don't know what the fuck they are doing (See: Microsoft).

Are people larping when they try and say that other people are lazy and stupid for not having jobs?

The bottom rungs on the job market ladder is extremely fragile today, and non-existent in some areas, this is an objective fact.

I live in the NW UK and I can't even get unpaid voluntary work; bureaucracy, immigration, taxes and fiat currency have back-stabbed an entire generation

I have 21 BTC precisely because im too smart to fall for the altcoin meme.

I heard from a friend of mine that's been in the field for 15 years that basically everyone hates the Indian programmers but they had no other options. Thats why recently companies have stopped hiring them but the word hasn't gotten out yet.

You're just investing in MySpace, thinking it will dominate forever

So do what smart people do. Move.

yep. if you want to see what a project made entirely by diversity hires looks like, go check out the obamacare website on launch.

no it isn't

there's like 4% unemployment

it's virtually 0% in some areas

>"Mr Goldbergstein, I'm the man for the job"

I lost it

Unemployment figures are misleading due to part-time, temporary work and student figures.

in terms of career opportunities, salaries, taxes and stable employment, we are literally screwed

indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=labourer&l=North West

no car

lol
u can't make that shit up

There's virtually 0% unemployment in STEM

i thought yuros had god tier public transportation?

Unemployment rate is like 4%, you have no excuse not being able to find a job in this economy.

I've been learning how to drive, but without one it's useless suggesting I look across the entire NW

I already have a STEM degree, again, no car and no jobs

British transport in the UK is awful and expensive.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/30/student-flies-london-via-spain-cheaper-train/

Lmao imagine being this deluded

so u motherfucker want a over average paying job right beside ur fucking basement or what?

you can't be serious

Don't worry we'll pick you up Monday at 5:30AM. No skills necessary, just need a hard-working attitude.

The North West region is too large a distance to cover without a car, just to cover 15 miles sometimes I need 2hrs in transport time

Why is everyone being snarky about this, I look for jobs in Liverpool and Manchester, the NW area is too big, how the fuck do I get to Lancashire

then apply for a job and then buy a car?
ru serious?

i don't have a drivers license yet

how old r u anyway?

Will get a license this spring hopefully

>looser

Real estate is not worthless. Agreed otherwise.

looks like ur mammas vagina man

You guys must be working jobs that doesn't require a lot of thought into it. STEM field here and I negotiated every job I have held and was able to increase my salary a lot. Even when I get the annual raise I have broken their "maximum" raise percentage rule twice at two different companies. You need to be able to show them why your skills are needed. When you work for some one don't view it as "wagecuck", view it as a partnership. You're gaining experience while putting the skills you have learnt previously into this business. Essentially we're all consultants. You just have to be able to sell yourself. If you can't sell yourself, why would a company think you're not replaceable? Show them that you're worth it, voice it out and fight for it and you will get it. You need to make yourself indispensable.

I'll be honest - I am fucking glad that I'm paid by tariff and I don't have to negotiate anything. I'm only working part-time in a dream-job at university and have more than enough money, so much time for myself, and no stress whatsoever. I'm using both my time at work and at home to create a game that I would never be able to do if I had a 'normal' job. I'd fucking kill myself if I had to work 40 hours a week, negotiate salaries, worry about selling myself or anything of the sort. Freedom FAR outweighs any amount of money you get paid.

What you're describing as something people should aspire to do, I see as wasting your fucking life doing work you don't really want to do for thousands upon thousands of hours, so you can get to the part where you don't have to do that anymore. Instead I chose to do something that that gives me complete freedom and I'm sorry for everyone who works in a job he/she dislikes.

millenial here. dropped out of college moved to a big city w no job experience. made money doing sketchy shit to get on my feet and then transitioned into working odd jobs. eventually learned how to do carpentry and welding and other shit like that. been in this city for seven years as a 'freelancer' and now have regular work at different studios and museums doing what i do.
the pay isnt as much as STEM people, but it would be lower middle class if i worked fulltime. being a contractor means i can travel when i want (went to asia for a month last year).
work on my own projects half the time. my quality of life is pretty good and by choice, but i would probably be fucked if i ever had a medical emergency.
contemplating going back to school but the only thing i truly care about will never make me any money.

more immigrants will solve this problem

What dream job do you have, user?

ya freedom to enjoy your life while you are young is far more important than working 40+ hrs a week.
it is the best if both worlds where your interests align with an economically viable field, like engineering or something, however certain interests simply arent conducive to generating solid income, its usually a crapshoot; making games, music , art etc

NOBODY WILL HIRE ME WITH MY SHITTY FUCKING CHEMISTRY DEGREE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i negotiated my salary. if you went to college and have any skills, the job market is really desperate.

i get about 5 calls a month and i'm only 4 years into my career. just don't be a retarded millennial.

What changed? It's right in front of all of us.

Turd world immigrants and their kids are plentiful and they'll work for peanuts because they're okay with living in a hovel. They'll never unionize or demand higher pay (shit even NPR did a story admitting that entry level employers favored hiring poo people because they have to deal with unions less). They don't have the high standard and eye for beauty that we do. Stop letting (((them))) import a slave class, we need to take a stand against this shit.

Btw feminism was a shill to lower the wages of workers too. If you trick women into working because "muh Independence" you double the labor force, thus cutting the cost of a worker in half. Import immigrants and wages lower even further to the point both parents now HAVE to work and they still can't afford to spend time actually raising their kids.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

my guess is your best bet is to go the software route and give up on actually using the degree

>tfw exact same problem but with cumskins eruopeans and haitian niggers
Thanks non-mongoloid subhumans

I teach video game programming in Unity at university and 'research' video game stuff for my dissertation. I literally have no boss and can just do whatever I want. My work schedule is also completely flexible. Apart from the lectures I can work anywhere from 8am to 10pm, just need to fill my 30 hours.

i am sotoshi nakmoto

really makes ya think

no.

Shut up you dumb old faggot why don’t you go cry to HR for another diversity Quota to hire more shit skins to replace whites? Gen z does nothing but worship niggers by posting nigger twitter memes, using nigger slang, and listening to nigger music and worshipping mud sharks like the kardashians. Not to mention half are soy boys that meme about how depressed they are and want to die and don’t lift. You old faggots literally had life on easy mode, yea you shouldn’t complain all day but did you have an absurd cost of living, high tuition prices, and had to apply to 250+ places just to get a 38k a year job even after obtaining a STEM degree?

This is why I have 21 BTC and you don't.

Sorry moron but it's your own fault for having a shit skillset, I'm a dev and there's always someone willing to pay me more.

Dude, cusp of millennial means somebody who came if age in the late 90s. Yes, we dealt with every bit of that shit and are still dealing with it. Geez, you aren't the only one with problems dude. Get over yourself.