This

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cosscrypto/status/961574349034676224
youtube.com/watch?v=_S9gEILgt4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jnEw3Rkhr7Q
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.gruenderszene.de/allgemein/koalitionsvertrag-bundesregierung-blockchain&edit-text=&act=url
cnbc.com/bitcoin/
youtube.com/watch?v=EhL2OWXZ26s
twitter.com/starkness/status/953434418948927488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's so choice to be living this history gentlemen. be generous with your future wealth.

even though any reason say this is complete bullshit, so is this market and therefore it will be true

We are sooo past media attention...

>return to mean
>user had fun with his pencils and it shoots way above the mean
Thats how I know you were a 6k bottom seller

>before media attention
Even my grandma, living in a middle of nowhere village, heard about bitcoin.

We are waaaay pass media attention.

but we barely scratched institutional investors yet.
its almost like not everything happens exactly liek a memechart suggest it should.

>Chart by Ryknow16

Everybody heard of bitcoin in 2017 already. Not everybody is ever going become an investor, anyway. So all those niggers that took loans to buy BTC at its peak are more than enough.

Newfags who bought in December don't know that Rothschilds themselves invested back in summer.

>enthusiasm
>greed
>delusion

This is the entire year of 2017 in summary.

not even close to the type of media attention they're referring to.

What media attention are you talking about? Even grandmas know about Bitcoin now

its too expensive for people to buy, nobody wants to own a fraction of btc.

So basically, because its not even close you say, that media attention they are referring too must mean BTC being talked about by every channel in the world, 24/7 for years, because we've seen a fuckton of coverage on BTC, and that's the reason everyone knows about it now.

EVERYBODY knows bitcoin. Ask anyone you know if they've heard of it, and they have.

The next stage will be about bank-issued currencies. BTC will be disposed of like a used whore.

yes but nobody knows what a blockchain is, which is this whole new thing, bitcoin is just the spearhead

>No real Scotsman

>2013
>we are sooooo past media attention...

I don't know if you guys lack imagination or what, but we aren't even remotely close to peak media attention. We got hot for a while, but not even fucking close to what is yet to come. Grandma's having general knowledge of bitcoin is just the initial seed being planted in their minds.

If this chart was to scale, BTC would be heading to a few million

kek

Why would the average person need to know technical aspects of crypto?

faggot

Lmao and bitcoin = all of crypto and its future

Fucking retard plus if you ask any normie about bitcoin they can recall hearing the name but their knowledge is limited to "isnt it something like internet money?" and that's being generous.

Ask how many of them has heard of Ethereum the #2 that could potentially grow to become the #1. The answer is no one.

Just because bitcoin has made the news doesn't mean that we have achieved "media attention" for cryptocurrency. Not even close.

It is actually insane to think that the public has jumped on the crypto train. Fucking no normies are in this yet. They still don't know how to get bitcoins and whether you can change it fiat or not let alone alts where majority of the money is in-

Sorry kid, ur meme coins already went parabolic, the best you get is a slow crawl for a couple of years

Read the leaked documents from IBM about "what is yet to come". It has no place for BTC.

twitter.com/cosscrypto/status/961574349034676224
youtube.com/watch?v=_S9gEILgt4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jnEw3Rkhr7Q
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.gruenderszene.de/allgemein/koalitionsvertrag-bundesregierung-blockchain&edit-text=&act=url

You have been gifted Reddit Gold for this comment!

Message from gifter:
fuck yeah BTC to da moon!!!!!
HODL!!!!!!!!

No, blockchain is not a technical aspect of crypto, crypto is one aspect of blockchain. Cryptocurrencies are just one use case of blockchain tech. It's like saying youtube is the whole internet, we've not scratched the surface of putting blockchain to use.

>Bitcoin? Isn't that just a pyramid scheme and for buying drugs?
But yeah, mainstream adaption isn't going to come from technical understanding it's going to come from big named companies

>he doesnt think btc will get to 7 figures.

Pretty sure media attention means commercials during Big Bang theory, “pay with bitcoin” signs in McDonald’s, and people with bitcoin bumper stickers and shit.

Despair when.

It won't because it reached its technological cap, and we've all seen how bad it was
1. Transaction costs are kill
2. Lightning network is bullshit that basically requires that you stay online to receive money

Haha, no. We were there around 2014. Currently we are in the return to the mean part of the chart.

exactly

Big if true

>he doesn't know BCH is the real Bitcoin and we about to go for global scale
Whew, stay pleb

Nowadays we have the kind of media attention that the Internet had in 1990. News talked about it, people knew a few basic concepts and your grandma said things like "what's that internet thing they all talk about?", but the general public didn't use it, nor had the slightest idea that in 15 years it was going to be everywhere. So present in our everyday lives that most people don't stop and think "I'm using the internet right now".

Media is starting to pay attention, but there will come a time when crypto and the blockchain will be everywhere.

>but there will come a time when crypto and the blockchain will be everywhere
Yep. Something like Tether with smart contracts. A government/bank-issued currency that will be used by normies like PayPal.

>it's not a bubble XD
>death to the FUDsters!
>the cftc is gonna kill btc now :(
>sec is bullish, this is just the bear trap!
>banks are experts at money, lets just leave cryptos for criminals

Get ready.

>all these people who bought at the top trying to convince people that we haven't passed "media attention"
top kek, back in the winter there were literally 1-2 stories in MSM per hour long news section A DAY

Anyone trying to convince you we haven't passed media attention is a coping bagholder

prove me wrong

I just have to laugh seeing these threads. The delusion is unreal. Overlay the bitcoin daily chart on that bubble chart. Better yet compare it to dotcom era nasdaq. Uncanny resemblance, you just refuse to see it.

>daily reminder that this chart was meant to show time over the course of 100 years. We are currently here.

fox business and fast money doesn't count as media attention. im talking about 60 Minutes doing bitcoin documentaries and local news reporting BTC as the new currency. we've begun to see media attention but nothing like what we are about to see when BTC goes way up

you'll know when the media phase is in full effect because the president of the united states will be talking about it. it will be on every news station. it will be talked about at every public gathering. boomers will be buying btc in mass and THAT is when you know its about time to hit the paradigm and dump on the boomers

off-handed remarks from menopausal crows on "The View" isn't the kind of media attention the chart is referring to. see

His goldman buddies who he put in his cabinet said it will never reach a new ATH

>these shows that are viewed by millions and on mainstream media channels don't count as "media attention" because i said so
goalposts status: moved

how about this?

that means it will reach a new ath, always do the opposite of what jews say

that isnt media attention because only investors watch that shit. im talking about mass media that everyone watches

> im talking about mass media that everyone watches
Yes, bitcoin has been featured in those too. CBC (the most mainstream normie media in Canada) talks about crypto constantly, same with CNBC in the states.

In fact, CNBC even has an entire section devoted to news stories about Bitcoin:

cnbc.com/bitcoin/

Delusional.

Doesn't count. You see, this millionaire heavily invested in bitcoin said it will reach 100k this year. When the tv tells us how to buy at that price then we sell.

This. Bitcoin charts have to be shown on CNN and Fox News simultaneously for a month.

found the nocoiner and the 6k bottom seller

nobody watches this shit
I'm not even trolling, the numbers for network news is tiny nowadays, let alone the financial section

>bitcoin increases to $250k
I wonder what the transaction costs would be. KEK

When bitcoin has a TV/internet program, Crypto stock market, everyone is buying their groceries with the different coins, and paper money is no longer used we have reached the peak.

1 penny or less as always

>ok so what if we're past the media attention phase, it doesn't matter because nobody watches the media anymore!!!
move the goalposts harder, it won't make you any richer trying to pretend like you didn't buy in at the peak of a bubble.

I wonder if people were in the same sort of denial after the dot-com crash.

"we haven't even reached media attention yet!"

They would have been right.
Those who bought the few solid stocks after the crash became insanely rich.

>yes but I heard Bitcoin was made by some anonymous terrorist
>what’s a private key?
>lol but I don’t trust myself with money
>I sent my coins to the wrong address. How do I get it back?
>banks handle trillions of dollars so we know we can trust them

I mean given how much more media attention the internet gets now, they wouldn't exactly be wrong

sodled after tether january printing session

children are laughing at bitconnect
youtube.com/watch?v=EhL2OWXZ26s

Media attention isn't even a requirement for the market to crash.

the goalposts keep moving lmao

And fear, capitulation and despair has summed up 2018 so far lmao

>what is the lightning network

An unfinished experimental project which still loses money when used?
twitter.com/starkness/status/953434418948927488

But what is global on-chain scaling with instant 0conf TX?

it makes far more sense that we are past despair and entering return to mean, which might continue for years until the next big run upward

Look man we haven't reached media attention until literally every channel on tv says nothing but "bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin ripple bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin"

Nevermind the fact that MSM has talked about cryptocurrency every day for the last 3 months and that I bought at 19k, this is totally not even the first sell off yet! We are the smart money guise!!! we will definitely get rich!!!

>BTC transactions not reliable
>BTC not a digital currency

its so smug and vague it hurts make this go away

r-r-roger....i-is that you?!?

Is gold a currency?

It would be a miracle if this shit comes out this year. I don't see a future for Bitcoin when they can't even hire experienced devs to work on LN.

I remember being at a restaurant in December, me and a friend were talking about crypto, and we overhear the people sitting next to us talking about crypto, and then the waiter joins in the conversation with them, saying what coins he's holding.

That's when I had the sudden realization "it's over"

one day you'll wake up and see what real media attention looks like. I want you to think of this thread when you realize it. take care xoxo

waiting for hours = not reliable
high fees, no 0conf due to RBF = not usable as currency

If it was usable as currency we wouldn't have merchants abandon it left and right.

a month ago you could go to yahoo news and half the daily news articles would be about crypto or Bitcoin. If that's not media attention, I don't know what is.

>one day you'll wake up and see what real media attention looks like
Let me guess, real media attention doesn't come until after you've bought in, right?
Whenever you buy in, it's the "smart money" phase right?

imagine actually having to perform these mental gymnastics to convince yourself that it's not a bubble lol

kek they have the most experienced devs in all of blockchain
>its so easy to make a fast cheap coin look at raiblocks
remind me how that turned out

Yeah, that's where we're at.

They have great devs, but LN is simply complicated AS FUCK. Lots of attack surface.
Blockchains are simple in comparison.
On-chain is the medium term solution desu

wire transfers take a day, doesnt mean they're not reliable. there's a lot of time and effort being put into fixing the fee situation.

I went to Rite aid and talked about it and the cashier thought I was kind of risking it investing in it.Until my mom is buying her undergarments in Stellar lumens, it's not over.

They reported on buttcoin back in 2012, then in 2014, but forgot about it a few months after it crashed every time.

No one cares about buttcoin anymore, they already forgot.

Literally the chart matches up perfectly and we are in capitulation phase. So fucking dumb. If you are still holding crypto you are a bonafide retard. Buy back in when BTC hits 4.5k

>there's a lot of time and effort being put into fixing the fee situation.
Yea I especially liked the part where they delayed the needed blocksize increase for 2 years.

bubbles and crashes are cyclical though, and we are now entering a "return to mean" period for this cycle where BTC will hover around $7k-$9k for a period of time before continuing another run upward. For other markets this could last for decades, but for a market like crypto it could be months.

pic related, look familiar?

The one with the most experience is an smartphone app developer who interned at Google.

the stealth/accumulation part on the chart is 2015-16

i like this chart very much OP

finance news talking about bitcoin isn't the kind of media attention we're talking about. real media attention will be antonio brown wearing a bitcoin chain to monday night football. real media attention will be lil pump - bitcoin boys on youtube trending. real media attention will have bitcoin actually trending on twitter. We've never had a bubble in the social media era until now. It's slowly developing, and it's a treat to watch people still refusing to believe that it's happening.

Dude Bitcoin doesn’t work as a cryptocurrency. They should have stuck with “BitGold” the original name. It’s not a coin, it’s an expensive, slow and congested failure.

The person saying McDonald’s will have signs reading “We accept Bitcoin” is purely retarded.

> go to mcdonalds with btc
> order $5 combo
> pay wit btc
> $65 transaction fee
> wait 4 hours in drive-thru for 2 block confirmations
> 3,000 angry people honking behind me
> die from starvation because before paying i too was waiting in line
> for 3 months

exactly this, when lebron james says to buy bitcoin, we've officially entered the media attention phase