COINBASE KILLS REQ

You fuckers realize that Coinbase just jewed REQ hard, right?

They just implemented their own system which bypasses the neccesity of REQ, rather than wait for REQ to launch their mainnet.

Inb4 currency swap. That's Kyber, not REQ. And Coinbase can utilize Kyber as well.

if i make money from crypto im going to fuck over coinbase so fucking hard its not even funny

also, coinbase will pump OMG
You'll see

REQ FUD hard right now

buy more?

cant kill something that was never alive in the first place. req was never going to be able to compete with the hundreds of decentralized and centralized payment processors that would be popping up when plasma and lightning start rolling out, since that's going to be the main pusher of adoption for lightning/plasma in the first place.

So much for helping fellow YCombinator members out.

FUCK COINBASE

Yes, always do opposite of Veeky Forums

this, blockchain is introducing so many new technologies that represent entirely new industries, yet some faggots here chose to buy req which has 1000 competitors.

>Coinbase, the service that everyone expected to use REQ on their service, decides to launch their own service which directly competes with REQ
>People are saying this is bad for REQ. Do I buy more?

Are you retarded or something?

I haven’t checked it out. So it converts crypto to fiat during payments?

Have fun paying 15% on everything and having your info jewed out to the IRS.

This lmao. Enjoy the expensive, centralized piece of shit.

We're going to see a lot more of this happening in crypto, the shitcoin pruning begins. Not every idea or function requires tokenization.

>*quietly drops out of top 100*

Feels bad man.

yes. OP didnt read the whitepaper.
It's like the "OUTSOURCING EVERYTHING AHHHHH I THOUGJT MAINET Q1 MEANT JANUARY FIRST!" round of FUD all over again

no. just a basic payment processor that lets you pay for things in bitcoin, eth, or litecoin. this thread is stupid.

>yes. OP didnt read the whitepaper.

Kek. Remember seeing this pasta all over Veeky Forums in December? That was me. This isn't FUD, you fucking neanderthal. It's reality.
___

REQ is currently working on adding ERC20 tokens and Bitcoin support. Fiat is after that.

The point of Request Network is that you can demand payment in whatever you want (for example USD). And the payer can pay in whatever they want (crypto,erc20,other fiat) and through 0x and kyber they will get exchanged in real time with the lowest fees possible (an order of magnitude lower than the exchange rates of credit cards).

>I'm selling my anal virginity on Ebay
>It's priced in USD, but Ebay has embedded the REQ payment system
>You get to pay with cryptos, ERC20 or fiat, and no matter what you pay with, I still receive USD as requested.

Put simply, REQ tokens are what fuels the network. The REQ tokens are not currency.
Buyers and merchants will never interact with the tokens at all. They will simply use the payment system and experience it as an instant purchase/currency swap.

Aside from its intended usage, which is what everyone is basing their valuation estimates on, it will tap directly into a $750 billion crypto-market in which it's currently hard to cash out of, and expensive to buy into.

And as for competition, YCombinator, which has a high stake in Coinbase, also have a high stake in REQ. Since REQ's very functionality will pose a threat to Coinbase's entire business model, it is only logical to assume that REQ will eventually be implemented in Coinbase to ensure that both platforms survive and thrive. Owners never let one business kill the other when it is perfectly logical to merge the two.

See picture. If REQ handles just 0.1% of the global transactions, it means $5B worth of DAILY transactions. And $912M worth of REQ being burnt annually, which increases the price of remaining REQ. With a 10% marketshare, that number increases to $500B of DAILY transactions, etc, etc.

Can I do fiat to fiat purchases using blockchain on the coinbase method? if yes REQ killed. If no silly FuD.

HOLY FUCK WHY
COINBASE FIRST INVESTOR WAS Y COMBINATOR

WTF MY WHOLE LIFE RUINED BY THESE MONEY HUNGRY FAGGOTS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No Request literally cannot be killed. 0 profit margin.

The will use req you retards
Mainnet release Q1
Both Y combinater backed

>posts FUD.
>gets mad and post more accurate albeit overly optimistic post when called out.
What was the point of the OP?
Literally nothing.

this is just a test post to see if the mods banned me from biz for posting the truth about niggers

Fuck off nigger.

Coinbase is too normie, it will have to report users dealing with 10k+ to the IRS.
REQ is decentralized, and thus... Superior.

Seems so obvious

does the 0x token serve a similar purpose?

lol

report this nigger for racism outside of /b/.

you guys are all retarded faggots, req isnt just a paypal button.

Name a single competitor of REQ
protip: you can't

>actually buying req
you must be 12