Each Bitcoin transaction could power an American house for 10 days

>each Bitcoin transaction could power an American house for 10 days
>most Bitcoins are mined on electricity produced with coal

you are destroying the environment and should be ashamed of yourselves.

>let's make a few nerds rich by burning 6 trillion tons of coal every week

I hope all your computer money drops to 0 when leftists realize crypto will kill the planet and start campaigning against it .

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyFwn36UFsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when you get your anime doll shiped in the maled it is shiped by boats and trucks witch cost fuel. so your killing the earth becuase you want to fuck a doll

Unironically, even though I hate environmental fags, this is far too much.

This is why I hate

>muh bitcoin

Because it fucking sucks at EVERYTHING it does.

>slow
>expensive
>environmentaly hazardous
>controlled by chink cartels

>>Actually believes in global warming meme

>He actually thinks climate change is a buzzword invented by oil companies.
60 iq confirmed.
>>>/thedonald/

>so buttmad he missed out he starts threatening biz with leftists
the absolute state

While these kinds of threads makes a valid point I just can't get over the fact it is undoubtedly created by gaymen faggots assblasted over gpu prices pretending to care about the environment fueled by their degenerate addiction to video games.

looks like you don't know how transactions work

Hahaha go fuck your self op you stupid nocoiner faggot. Have fun campaigning you fucking faggot you could use your time to make money but go be a weak bitch. Go live in fuckin Haiti and save them with your brilliant mind Haitian loving poor bitch

Bitcoin will destroy Planet Earth.

I agree, I genuinely think that Bitcoin is a trash coin. But it was the first, and it's got the strongest brand in crypto.

It's a shame because it is slow, expensive, and energy intensive to mine.

Proof of stake crypto is far better for the environment.

My intro to crypto was Bitcoin, I couldn't believe the fees and I almost ripped my hair out when it took 3 fucking hours for my first transaction to complete. Complete garbage.

Then I used litecoin, and it was like night and day.

If we have reached the point of civilization, where energy becomes morally wrong to use, we are doomed.
Humans need to produce vast amounts of energy, and more so in the future, we should never think about decreasing our energy demand because of some moral issue.

If you don't like the CO2 emission tied to the current energy production, plea for nuclear energy, invent a new way to produce energy or increase production efficiency - don't say we should use less.

well the underlying problem is that theres still ethereum, bcash (lol) and other crypto that uses that power. were using way way more power in crypto currency

>If you don't like the CO2 emission tied to the current energy production, plea for nuclear energy, invent a new way to produce energy or increase production efficiency - don't say we should use less.

Or we can use proof of stake coin instead.

Tells you everything you need to know when people call LTC trash and in very next sentence BTC the king.

Even though LTC is BTV copy made better. Not that its great coin, but it is better for sure.

>nocoiner
Gonna cash out when ETH is at 4k in the upcoming months.

This shit will drop FAST when nocoiners/normies realize how much energy is wasted by some greedy fucks getting rich off it. 99% of the population will campaign against it.

You're forgetting the fact that BTC has the potential to disrupt the entire financial services industry, which itself is almost 10% of the entire US GDP, and shutting down all those office buildings and putting those resources to something useful is far more beneficial than the losses from mining

Its not even about the climate change though desu, its the rapid consumption of a non renewable, plus wildlife destruction

Bitcoin is literally a meme and needs to die

That's a lot of power, not going to lie. Amazed really. Glad I'm all in XLM TBQH.

>that pic
i would rather live in a post apocalyptic western society, than a present day developing country.
What a sad realization, i can't imagine how none white feels when they see something like you pic.

Yeah, just like how normies campaign against gas cars that are 999999x worse

Oh wait. Normies don't "care" about stuff. Cash out but don't cash out completely user, never cash out more than 50%

>This shit will drop FAST when nocoiners/normies realize how much energy is wasted by some greedy fucks getting rich off it. 99% of the population will campaign against it.

Ethereum is planning on becoming proof of stake, by the end of this year.

NEO is already proof of stake.

They are far less energy intensive than Bitcoin. Any pro-environment campaign will help proof of stake coins rise, so ETH and NEO will benefit.

>this internet money uses a lot of electricity
>electric cars are the future everyone should use more electricity
>can't provide the electricity because (((we))) blocked the construction of clean, efficient, nuclear power plants for the last 60 years
>oi vey goyim give us control of all your industry
>remember the six gorrilion
How many bitcoin will it take to pay the gas bill when we finally remove these kikes?

Cars are actually useful, everyone enjoys the utility of a car.
Bitcoin is still useless plus people will get butthurt when they realize how much money is being made by big players.

>Being this deluded

First of, BTV cant distrupt anything. Its shitcoin in its purest form. Thousands of people waited for hours and hours for their transactions to be confirmed when there was slightly more stress on network. How will it fucking handle entire financial transaction network of USA? And what about enormous fees?

BTC is worse then dodge ffs. Its unusable and no body sane would use it. Thats why retards from reddit go on about muh store of value. Because it absolutely sucjs for everything else. I mean it even sucks as store of value given that it has fallen of a cliff in a month.

It's easy to brag about how you don't have scaling problems when you aren't being used... at scale.

Look at cryptokitties. If you think any of these other coins scale better than BTC without sacrificing in security, think again. Keep falling for the marketing memes though - it's not surprising that Veeky Forums is non-technical. Sections like /g/ are the only ones capable of any real crypto discussions.

Kind of (((Cohencidental))) how the store of value meme popped up right before Segshit.

>tfw invested in coal too

Herda dader der

Ethereum still scales much better then BTC. It has literally more transaction per day then all other cryptos combined. And yet Vitalik said it doesnt scale good enough and will need further updates. Plus, ETH is getting POS to replace outdated model that is POW. What is BTC getting? LN? Vaporware that not even their creators can explain to general public.

How is STEEM?

Another reason why ETH will probably replace Bitcoin to become top dog.

A coin, a platform, and proof of stake.

Fuck the environment, I wanna get rich nigger I only got like 30 years left tops

not my house
t.miner

>Vaporware that not even their creators can explain to general public.
It's not vaporware user, sorry you're too stupid to understand it. If you think everything can be explained to the general public then you're retarded. Just go study it it's easy as fuck to understand if you're not a retard brainlet, go get a degree if you think you need it to understand it.

Proof of Stake coins for investors who care about future generations of kids..

ETH (Casper is going to be rolled out this years, turning ETH to proof of stake.)

NEO

PIVX (Proof of stake's answer to Monero.)

STEEM

BLK

fpbp

No I get it, its just that nobody else does. It will be very hard to find anyone being conivnced of LN except for absolute bitcoin shills.

watch out, bitcoin cash are trying to implement opcodes so the whole unique thing that ETH got going for them might become irrelevant

No one here mines btc

Not sure. I'm sure EOS will Trump them all dough. Q2 move.

would you rather live under a false pretense that money has value or fuck and it and just accept your Rothschild fiefdom?

>he actually thinks transactions use electricity
never gonna make it

english do you speak it?

ITT bitcoin non-believers
>muh footprint

The future of bitcoin is proof of stake

It's not bitcoins fault the human race sucks at green alternatives.

>The future of bitcoin is proof of stake

Based on what?

based on the simple fact there are 21 million mineable coins you fucking nigger

The second fact would be the fact that IT CAN so WHY WOULDN'T IT?

Proof of stake still uses electricity.

The real issue is people not targeting the real problem of the industry.

Bitcoin is the greenest currency the human race has ever had. It can be ran on plenty of green alternatives and doesn't promote corruption.

To make fiat costs machines, buildings, and ink. All resources that cost electricity. Bitcoin uses a network and computers. Your dense libtard minds are pathetic and sad. You should consider offing yourself.

I'm sure you tards believe MUH TESLA IS GREEN. When in fact the production of a tesla is that of a regular combustion engine. Due to the LIMITED RESOURCES available to create the batteries. You cunts never do your research and are more stupid than a fucking bag of dicks.

You tards gather in groups n shout out about MUH ENVIRONMENT, while driving a fucking precious. You're all nothing but a bunch of hypocrites with your shitty chink made iPhones acting as if you're hot shit. You ain't shit. You are destroying the planet we live on. You follow the mainstream media into believing MUH GREEN CARS, cause' at the end of the day you just want to brag to your friends that you're "saving the planet". You're really just an ill-informed sack of human flesh incapable of forming your own opinion.

Sad. I'm sure you'll just blame it on the public education, but really it's just you're a fucking retard that blames everyone else for your stupidity. It's called playing the victim and that's all you shitty low IQ shitstains do. Go walk around with your pussy hats acting as if you're doing anything, even though at the end of the day you're still working a cuck job that pays taxes to the man you actually despite.

Fucking sad and pathetic.

>Proof of stake still uses electricity.

Noone has claimed otherwise.

The rest of your post was just standard Veeky Forums trolling.

So speculation then.

Not based on anything official.

BITCOIN GREEN

Lmfao

Fork inbound.

Standard libtard reply.

oy vey the six quadrillion

This is literally as retarded as vegans saying they're saving animals by not eating the meat that's already in the store.

Printing money (cost of producing and moving raw materials) + Moving fiat around the world + infrastructure (ATM machines turned on 24/7 all over the world, data centers) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bitcoin

Now user, don't go upsetting the small libtard minds.

They are though, because they lower the demand for meet and the stores then have more leftovers that didn't sell by the expiration date, so they order less meat, and the farms breed fewer animals to be killed. Sorry you can't into economics, not surprising bit a biztard though.

Your post used electricity. The real problem is people like you are alive.

False dichotomy.

There is no need to support fiat, nor proof of work crypto.

Proof of stake crypto > proof of work crypto > Fiat.

>no reading comprehension
I said, there are 21 MILLION MINEABLE coins

Jesus Christ this girls from my hometown. This is weird af

>implying veganfags have an impact

POS is a meme

youtube.com/watch?v=hyFwn36UFsA

Any official timeline on turning Bitcoin to proof of stake?

Where do you live? (State.)

They have an equivalent percentage of effect to the rate at which they exist in the population. Since 3.2% of US citizens are vegeterians and 0.5% are vegans, they have a decent effect even though it's not enough yet

In bc, canada

She lives in Argentina.

>reddit formating
>makes no argument
>implies they are better than person they're responding to
you're the libtard faggot

Maybe when the 21MILLION MINEABLE coins are MINED (we at 17M atm)

I hope you realize meat is way more sustainable in a calorie/footprint ratio, right?
Do you have any idea what it would take to feed 8 billion on vegetables only?
Veganfags are delusional and should be shot on sight when they start blabing about how vegan they are

except they don't tell me which huge food chain has actually lowered they're order, fucking supermarket throw out tons, literally tons of food, not just meet, and let me tell you, more and more markets get opened, and the demand keeps going up and up, only thing that changes is with more demand for plants, more and more land gets destroyed by modern agriculture, let alone the animals getting killed by pesticides, and the massive impact on ecology all the pollution that's caused from importing tropical fruits to parts of the world that are literally freezing has

>Maybe when the 21MILLION MINEABLE coins are MINED (we at 17M atm)

So (as estimate put it when the last bitcoin will be mined) 2140 wil be when Bitcoin becomes proof of stake?

If that is your argument, I don't understand why you think that argument is a good reply to our environmental concerns.

122 years is a long time to wait for more environmentally friendly Bitcoin.

You can mine using renewable energy to power the miners. Run bitcoin off the LN to decrease amount of electricity used to mine at the same time increasing hash rate.

>what is difficulty adjustment
>implying it couldn't be tomorrow
mining the 21 million is a sure deadline, but I never said it couldn't come sooner. Google soft fork

The simplest solution is to outlaw mining with non-renewable resources. Bitcoin doesn't NEED the mining power it has. It's just done because it's profitable. If you imposed even a heavy carbon tax on using coal you'd see less mining operations.

>global cooling
>no sorry global warming
>now its (((climate change)))
>50 years of false fear mongering
>95% of predictions so far have been proven wrong
>zero evidence
>polar caps stopped melting and are above average ice content
>ocean levels actually decreasing
>temperature rises are continuing to slow down

>b-b-but all muh scientist who's livelihoods depend on it being real all agree that its true
>I just cant even prove thats its real but just go back to /pol/
I know your probably an indoctrinated teenager but this climate change fear mongering has been going on a lot longer than you've been alive, 20 years ago I read in the local newspaper that 90% of the region I grew up in would be under water by 2015 and it still hasnt risen at all. You can go back just 10 years and see the retarded predictions they were making.

If you're not at least questioning this bullshit by now you have zero critical thinking skills. It could definitely be real but braindead morons like you who sperg out as soon as anybody questions it are pure cancer, its almost cult like.

You are a cunt nugget. Go sell yourself at McDonalds faggot.

wow, people still think like this unironically?

That's why Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin. Its actually efficient. Quite posting Bitcoin Segwit as though it is Bitcoin. Bitcoin Segwit is Bitcoin's mentally retarded 3rd cousin.