How are blockchains “more efficient”?

I’ve been hearing some autiste libertarians say that the block chain is an example of the free market innovating payment services. Excuse, me, but how is the blockchain more efficient than what VISA uses?

First off, it’s not really “faster” because literally all you have to do on the user end is swipe and it’s all taken care of. Yeah the money gets there faster with a blockchain but even that isn’t so fast and it’s no even scalable (less than .01% uses cryptos and it’s enormously slowed down in the last year). You might argue that the user has the same experience with blockchain type payments as the user just sends and forgets, but no, because the transaction can’t be undone on a block chain, the user is stressed out waiting for it to get to the right destination, praying they didn’t send it Tom the wrong place. Fucking Lol!

And what’s more, even if we’re just looking at how long it takes from money to get from point a to point b, yeah, maybe blockchains are “more efficient” if we measure one metric, but remember this tiny little system that isn’t even fucking used by ANYONE takes up more electricity than entire nations! VISA uses as much electricity as a fucking lightbulb on a daily basis! Lmfao! Saying a block chain is more efficient than visa because it’s faster is like saying that dropping a nuclear bomb on a marshmallow is more efficient at melting it than using a 1500W microwave. Fucking Lol!

takes time to evolve and improve. this "proof of ___" nonsense is going to disappear over the next 12 months and we'll be past the hurdle of mining and calculating transactions.

Are you serious?

It is about a system everyone can trust. A dezentralized system. No person who can manipulate or change it.

This is the true innovation.

Like Raiblocks?

It's not more efficient. Efficiency is not the point of a blockchain

You're bringing up the inconvenient truths that will shatter the dreams of coiners, so expect them to get angry with you pretty quick.

I've been poking a thumb in their eye about how naive they are the last few days. I'm taking the night off, but have fun.

Most of them know in their hearts that crypto is a scam to steal peoples money; they're just all hoping to be the one doing the stealing, not the one getting ripped off.

1. No one can stop your transaction.
2. No one can steal your money

Cliffnotes for replies....

Immutable.... because it's important that history remembers forever that I bought a big mac 3 years ago.

Protection against hyper-inflation of fiat.... by putting your money into a currency that loses 40% of it's value on a regular basis.

Decentralized.... replacing decentralized servers of regulated companies with servers by people no one has ever met.

Mining as "work".... if I pay someone to dig a hole, and then pay someone to fill it back in again, "work" has been done but it's valueless.

Blockchain/smart contracts.... not tied to the coin. The coin is redundant.

It's not necessarily more efficient. Its decentralized. It gets rid of the fucking middleman that is VISA. And VISA takes 1% or more cut of every transaction. If you're a vendor that accepts VISA, you typically lose anywhere from 1.5% up to 3% of your gross in fees.

Blockchain basically allows you to use digital currency as you would cash - when you buy something with cash, you don't give it to some faggot who takes 2% of it just to hand it off to the seller standing next to you. Yet that's literally what VISA does. In the digital world, where electricity travels 186,000 miles a second, a faggot 10,000 miles away might as well be standing right next to me.

> no one can steal your money

Ya, tell that to the people whose money was stolen in the daily growing list of exchange scandals.

Check out steemit.com

There are no servers. The web pages are delivered peer to peer. They don't have any costs. Not only do they not have to show you ads, they use the internal currency to literally pay you to use the platform.

This is not an innovation?

The big question is this...

If you buy this using 11 bitcoin, who is ripping off who?

Bitcoin will increase Global Warming.

>1. No one can stop your transaction.
except for a 51% attack

>2. No one can steal your money
except for someone who hacks you

Money lost on exchanges/exit scams are fucking paltry compared to the amount of money lost from credit cards or identities stolen from hacks.

But I'd prefer a fucking exit scam or exchange hack any day over CC hacks or credit agency hacks. I can DO something about exit scams (not fucking participate) or exchange hacks (don't leave coins there). I can't do shit about Equifax losing my entire fucking credit identity to some pajeet.

You're trading one master for another, and you don't even know it.

H

>regulated companies
Are you talking about the same regulated companies like paypal that have been known to freeze your funds without cause? Or the regulated companies like Bear Sterns, Morgan Stanley and Lehman Brothers who all knowingly propped up the subprime mortgage market to make money, but also cause the housing bubble/crash?

Please, tell me how these motherfucking regulated companies have not fucked shit up for the world? You realize they're only regulated to be fiduciary responsible to their shareholders, aka make as much fucking money as possible for the owners of the company?

Muh fucking regulated companies. Brainlet.

The decentralized aspect is a positive, I'll grant you that.

But the whole limited supply thing is kind of pointless when the currency is so volatile that it becomes mostly unusable. Hyperinflation sucks but so does a currency that loses 75% of its value in days.

>its a system anyone can trust
He says this as thousands of people speculate on the price of various digital currencies. Face it, crypto lost its designated purpose when bitcoin reached 4 figure values.

I know a lot of small businesses that don't want to deal with card processing fees at all and it would be great if crypto could do that for them but then how is anyone making money on something that is being given for free? I don't understand where a business model is for this stuff. Data mining the transactions?

the value come from the fact that jews don't have a licence to print it,

not necessarily that its faster than the jewish system

Bumpigliano

Green face you don't get it.