College Thread

Hey Veeky Forums, what are your thoughts on college? Is ti worth it? Is it worth it to attend a non-ivy league uni?

Also, if you're in college, what major are you in?

for me:
>state uni
>freshman
>software engineering

nobody gives a fuck

then fuck off or post tits "shelbz"

Skipped half a year after high school, started junior college at 19, after 2 years went to a private college for 2 years. Graduated and worked as a bartender for 1 year. Started graduate school 1.5 years ago. Going to be 26 when I graduate this December. Will have 120k in debt (only have loans from graduate school).
26 and no family yet, no house, nothing. Fuck me.

>also state university
>junior
>computer science

I feel like it's gotta be worth it. All my CS friends are landing jobs at SnapChat, Goldman, Uber, etc..

Christ user, I'm already ahead of you. I started state school immediate after high school, and between what my business makes and the scholarships I got I'll graduate debt free.

What degree did you get? Did you get placed in your field? I'm saving to get into real estate just in case I can't get hired right out of uni, plus also doing ecommerce and SMM.

I'm sure there are a ton of STEMfags here (myself included) who will shill college, considered they went there or are going there now.

I studied electrical engineering and yes yes I have a wagefuck job yadda yadda but I really do enjoy it for the most part. I couldn't see myself coding for a facebook or some shit like that, but to each their own, you'll make good money as a programmer and you'll more than likely have a comfy job with solid benefits.

if i can recommend anything, take a fucking philosophy class or two. that'll open up your mind a bit after taking data structures and computer architecture and all that shit.

I go to FSU lol, the uni in the pic, it's fucking great man

Taking one next summer for my "diversity" credit.
Yep, that's a real thing.

In a perfect world I'd like to work for someone else until I can create enough recurring income to fuck off to a tax haven, but until then I'll have whatever job I land, real estate, social media management, and ecommerce to fall back on.

no shit dude, I'm in southgate

My main dealer was in Southgate, shits insanely expensive imo, but it is retartedly close to campus.

I'm only here because I started in the spring and couldn't get housing on campus. everyone here LARPs as an FSU student and goes to TCC, and their parents pay for everything. can't go a day without every single announcement board getting riddled with dicks

have fun man, you'll love it. college has to be one of the best times in my life. you'll meet a ton of new people and experience a lot of new shit. life post college can be rough, just given the abundance of *everything* in college that you eventually lose when you leave.

THE florida state university.

>just given the abundance of *everything* in college
true, however that would be amplified if I wasn't already paying for everything.

There are a lot of people here on their parent's dime in shit majors that are going to have a lot worse time than I will.

Yeah I've met more TCC students than FSU recently, it annoys me but I'm usually drunk or some shit and don't really care. The engineering college is a meme, it looks nice as hell but it's far as fuck from the main campus.

7th semester in international relations. Can't take this any longer. Gonna quit uni once I've made it in crypto.

its only worth it for 2 reasons:

1. if your going into STEM or some discipline where you need to be taught the human expertise on the subject that has accumulated over the decades, anything else is a fucking waste

2. living the college life and fucking 19 year old whores

if your not doing either of these gtfo its a waste of time money and dignity

Yeah, I am very seriously considering switching into the new College of Entrepreneurship when it starts next year, considering I already run several businesses and would be a great way to expand what I already know.

Do what I did to maximize fun and still pass

1. find a group of friends
2. join a fraternity
3. get answers to hw/quizzes online and from frat members
4. 1-2 days before test, take adderall with friends and study your ass off
5. barely pass but still get your degree
6. party it up everyday with sorosluts
7. porch drinking with the crew
8. throwing ragers on fucking tuesday because greek life is amazing.

dont let the GEDs on here say otherwise.

I would strongly suggest you stay away from engineering at FSU. The professors don't speak a lick of English, and the classes are beyond difficult. I went from barely starting an electrical engineering career to being 9 classes away from graduation in another degree. I spent 3 years of work I thought would go to waste.

>graduated last year from small private school with biochem degree
>started med school last summer
I have no regrets. I don't have a lot of debt thanks to scholarships and I'm guaranteed a good salary

LSE. doing international relations

College is worth it if:

A) you are planning on using the school to jump start your career and picked a school out by how easily you can use the connections you make their to land you a spot in your preferred industry

B) you're well off enough to pay for school without going into debt and you really want to follow your intellectual passions to improve yourself

If you don't fit either of those then immediately drop out and stop wasting your money and time.

What should you do instead then?

I dunno, what do you wan to do with your life? There's a lot of shit to do besides going to college or slaving away at some hellish retail job.

If you have some sort of ambition in life I suggest figuring out how best to achieve it then start acting on it while you're still young enough to survive failing at things.

Education in general is worth it. The worthiness of attending college depends on the country but overall I'd say yes, its the paper that counts and whatever non-degree job you'll pick is likely going to get automated in the next decade

idk someone told me about eth when i was at a shit university....but that had nothing to do with the university per say

lucky fuck. I've been in since $30 and im still pissed I didn't get in sooner

Just graduated University. Starting as a Stat Analyst on Tuesday. Pretty decent salary and minimum debt.