Plz rate my business idea

Okay, so something always wanted but noticed doesn't really exist is a drivethrough or foodtruck type operation that sells spaghetti.

I think the untapped market could be huge. Who wants a fucking taco or cheeseburger on lunch break when you could get a thing of spaghetti?

Overhead should be low, as you would only need to offer three menu items -- spaghetti, garlic bread, and drinks. Noodles can be made in bulk, sauce can be kept hot, etc. Service is quick. Tong needles, pour sauce, cover with garlic bread.

I'm thinking a basic spaghetti meal out of a food truck could sell for $4.50 a plate pretty reasonably.

Other urls found in this thread:

fazolis.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like it

people want healthy at lunch in a lot of places. depends on the city you're in.

as long as you're ot in a nanny state like canada maybe

knees week inc.

>Pouring sauce on cooked noodles
Negro, that's how you end up with shitty spaghetti. What you want to do is cook the pasta until it's just shy of al dente. Drain the water, reserving a small part of it. Finish cooking the pasta in the sauce, adding small amounts of the reserved water until the pasta is well-coated with the sauce.

The starchy cooking water helps the sauce adhere to the noodles, thus improving taste instead of having big pockets of sauce and big clumps of sauceless noodles.

I don't think it would do very well. Honestly these businesses are really all about the location. You can serve people dogshit and make money if you are pulled up right against a bunch of tall office buildings in a metro area during lunchtime.

You just described Fazolis
fazolis.com

>implying spaghetti is not healthy

Get the fuck off my board soyboy

interesting

>thus improving taste
Christ who let the pedantic faggot in

food service is for niggers. get fucked.

>pasta masta

Thank you for that redpill pastanon.

This. If you are in a professional area these people are typically more intelligent/educated and will lean twords healthier choices. Its a shit idea which is why no one runs a scumfuck pissghetti truck business.

gtfo redneck plant city shitfuck

this guy cooks pasta

like the idea but execution wise might be harder than initially imagined.

really depends on where you open up shop. a Midwest area with a younger population or college town might be good or somewhere close to outdoor attractions seem good.

but the quality should be better than costco noodles and preggo sauce. otherwise it will seem no better than a ghetto Chinese restaurant.... so maybe a fancy box or some sort of catchy packaging with cutlery

Are you gonna make it a meme reference?

Like Mom's Spaghetti or PocketPasta?

Gonna have to keep this in mind next time I make spaghetti. Thank you.

Not a bad idea. I generally don't eat spaghetti because it's high in carbs and gluten (i.e. makes me nap at work if I have it for lunch), however I just stumbled out of a club and I'm drunk as fuck, I would pay up to 9 dollars for some piping hot spaghetti, with sauce and parmesan.

co/ck/sucker invasion in progress

You should do baked spaghetti to OP. Baked spaghetti is fucking great.

Veeky Forums is a better board than /pol/ and /r9k/ and you know it
>The alcoholics are honest about why their life is fucked up
>Burgers openly talk about their fast food degeneracy instead of pretending they hate McDonalds in shame
>Sometimes have great cooking tips
>The cursed meal threads

amazing idea

You gotta make sure it's clean and simple. Most people eat drive thru food while driving or being a passenger in the car. Spaghetti is a messy food and people will get fucked off if they splash it over their clothes. Also gotta package it in a way that muns and dad's are happy to leave junior to eat it unattended.
If you are making a fast food that just leaves stains everywhere you're unlikely to get return business, even if it's the best tasting thing ever.

> No meats spices or veggies

That bitch better be full of sausage and veggies, along with noodles and bread. Trust me beaners have God tier taco trucks with amazing meats and sauces for cheap, you are going to be competing with Mexicans who make arguably the best food in the world. Good luck pastaboy, it could work but your product better be filling, not just noodles and shit sauce put some meat in there, along with good price and location if you want to make it

This is good. It better be well packaged, neat, and attractive, which will be hard for a slop of noodles and sauce

Yeah I'm gonna agree with this guy. Can't skip on the meat. Nothing worse than getting chowder with only three small prawns and a single fish piece, same applies spaghetti with only 3 small meatballs.
I really like the garlic bread addition. If you made it a large portion that could be enough of a enticement alone for repeat business. Everyone loves garlic bread. And if youre drunk at 2am spag might be enough to tempt you, but throw in a piping hot large garlic bread then you're on a winner. A drink to wash it all down is perfect.

So what I'm hearing is people think fast food spaghetti and meatballs is a good idea but it's too messy.

And what I'm also hearing is people saying include garlic bread.

But what I'm not hearing is anyone suggesting drive-thru meatball parm subs.

you're a little late to the party m8, food delivery + local pasta shops exist

LOL stupid idea dont do it

I live in Saint Louis???

I don't know if it would be viable to just serve garlic bread and spaghetti. There are quite a few places in my area that have pizza, lots of pastas, wings etc. All under one roof. Maybe if you were a food van and you targeted the right area it might work out but most food vans I've seen have a more varied menu than that. You'd basically be losing every customer that doesn't want spaghetti on that day from lack of diversification. Would it be pretty cheap to make per unit?

Well. I would go to this van every day if it was in my area. You’d have more success as a limited italian food van. More than just spaghetti

Wheat noodles

More advice:
Diversify a little. Bolognese is great but what if I'm wanting pasta but not in the mood for spag bol?
How about 4 x 4 x 4 x 4? Let me explain. Give people a basic menu they can choose the pasta and what sauce they want on it.
Say:
> Spaghetti
> Macaroni
> Fettuccine
> Farfalle

Sauce
> Bolognese
> Carbonara
> Primavera
> Quattro Fromaggi

Then they have a choice in bread
> Garlic
> Herb
> Butter
> Chili

Drink
> Lemonade
> Fanta
> Cola
> Root beer

Make it a mix an match. Likely gonna get much more business than just offering bolognese. Plus the four times four thing you can play that up, turn it into a fun thing. Give each combo a name.

you live where I tell you to live

SOMEBODY TOUCHA MY SPAGHETT

>Mexicans who make arguably the best food in the world

Here's why. Because people don't like to walk round all afternoon with spaghetti sauce on their shirts. Not one professional will risk spaghetti at lunch, if you've got a food wagon you'd be better off sticking to what sells and finding a good patch for yourself.

I don’t think it will work, OP. People buy the kind of food at food trucks that they can eat while walking like waffles, churros, black ice cream and other meme foods. They’d have to sit down for spaghetti because it’s messy.

eating the same food over and over is a trait of people with autism. spaghetti is also the most autistic food to exist. park your truck near the engineering building of ur local college and you will become a millionaire.

I also like it.
Actually I might steal it, thanks op

KEK

liqour store, easy as fuck to operate

Boozetruck. You don't have to drive to the bar if the bar comes to you. I like it.

This. Without a doubt the best board on this godawful site.

boozecar. rental car comes preloaded with a bottle of vodka

plenty of stores do spaghetti and other pasta during lunch
no chains that i can think of but cafes, restaurants, mom and pop takeaways

lmao this board is never ending comedy

Too messy. Make Japanese style spaghetti sandwiches to rake in that millennial money. I've never seen it done with toasted garlic bread--sounds good.