Got liquidated on my BTC short

Got liquidated on my BTC short.

Tempted to just say fuck it and move back in with my mother so I don't have to worry about rent.

They say women are risk averse. More likely that men that aren't risk averse have no shame in abusing the safety nets that they demand. Like OP

You had over a month to short BTC and you decide to do it now when things are 50/50? Are you fucking retarded?

a fool and his money are soon parted

I like to be certain about things before jumping in. I was certain it was going to drop some more. Also kys for giving me a hard time

Not a fool.

I'll give you a hint. Don't trade right now. Don't long or short. Wait until everbody decides to start pumping btc like they did in November, or wait until everybody decides to start shorting btc like they did in January. That's when you ride the wave.
There are some days when you should just not do trades, especially leveraged ones. You shouldn't do it right now because nobody knows wtf will happen right now, even incredibly experienced traders.

All these fake threads about BTC shorting. You aren't going to convince anyone that the bull market is back you fucking retards.

Thank you user. I'll try to collect a few dollars and do it then.

If you're going to move out of an apartment, it's better to do it sooner and start the process than dragging things out and scrambling for money every month.

Thanks user. I tend to procrastinate, so this will help a bit.

Same here.

It just seemed like, BTC is doing SO shit, how can it possible go up again? But then it does.

I'm resigned to agree, that I have no idea how to trade, and what I thought I knew, I didn't. So why bother. This makes no sense. Even joined a private group who convinced me to short. Fml.

It almost feels like trading is a huge fucking conspiracy always against you once you place an order.

It either goes up or it goes down.

>he got liquidated
>dump it

Lmfao. Those bogdanoff brothers lmfao are the funniest shit on Veeky Forums man

You weren't wrong to short, you were wrong to use any leverage over 5x.

Well god damn. You're right actually now that I think about it.

This 10000 times. Ive lost .6 btc margin trading when i thought anything below 10x was pussy shit

Also, NEVER go short. Its better to just buy and average your buys down or up

Thank youi, anons.

Yeah, shorting the stock market and btc is a good way to get wrecked in general.

Same here, at this point i only hope that TA fags were right and we see a new low in a week.

this

well, then i guess you've got it all figured out.
play it safe and enjoy your comfort zone. one day you can gloat while a risk-taker finds refuge under your safe wings, enjoying your wageslave bux until they're back on their feet, just to then fuck you off and make millions... never to talk to you again...

win or lose, cuckboi. win or lose.

IMO shorting is fine. Key to margin trading is patience. Using low leverage (2x-5x) should be fine, add some extra margin if you really think you're at risk. When shorting and the market still rises a bit just average up, when going long and the market goes down a bit just average down, it's really that easy. I shorted last night at 8500$, clearly now that was too early. Averaged up around 8800$ to get a final average entry of ~8650$. I'll hold onto it for at least another 12 hours. See what happens tonight.

I've been going long around 7800$-8000$ and going short around 8600$-8800$ for the past week and made 200% ROI. Market seems pretty easy to play right now. Probably will regret saying this when BTC has a breakout from nowhere and I lose some of it though.

>Veeky Forums is literally so addicted to unsustainable gains, PnDs, moon missions that when the bull market ends they start putting in margin shorts on what is by several orders of magnitude the most volatile market in human history

they are going to name mental diseases for you people

>being this angry towards randoms on the internet

>doesn't understand emotions
definitely an autist

there is no anger in that post

>being this triggered because I called you out

Sit down, user.

>so I don't have to worry about rent.
I think I have an alternative solution for that problem