Mining thread

Mining thread.

Currently running at 385 MH/s on ethereum I have a total of 6 of these bad boys that cost me next to nothing. Going to build another 4 to take me to 10 which will mean 650 MH/s

Other urls found in this thread:

airdroparena.com/
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070ti/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

airdroparena.com/ - CoinHive Masters

$25,000 worth of hashpower for less than $2000

Would you mind sharing your build specs? I've been interested in getting a few budget rigs slung together.

how much did your rig cost to make?

and how many eth a week are you raking in?

Any motherboard with 6 pixie slots
Any cheap hard drive
Cheapest risers
Cheap low power AMD cards
Cheap psu

I get better ROI than people with fancy cards and rigs

what cards are those?

In total all this will cost me under $2000 because I got the graphics cards for free through some accidental business dealings. Once it’s up and running it will make probably 0.3 ETH a week using 60 graphics cards

> free cards through accidental dealings
alright, nothing to see here

wow I think you are the first person on earth to ever consider buying cheap stuff to maximize your gains, not a single guide on mining rigs in the entire internet states to get non-gpu parts as cheap as possible. I'm going to recommend you for a the economics nobel prize, what's your name?

mmmm not bad i guess if eth grows again, which no doubt it will

But really, what cards are you running? Realistically it'd be next to impossible to accumulate non-mined cards of this quantity which have reasonable ROI's.

People are asking for specs, and you tell them nothing. Are you high? Do you eveen know what GPU's those are?

For fuck sake the people on this board sometimes.

The cards would be $100 each so it would cost $6000 more which would still make it a bargain $8000 for 650 MH/s when Gemini is charging $18,000 for 500 MH/s

Rx 460

has anyone seen those ps3 mining things or better yet tried it? i have access to a lot of them and am interested in any info you guys have about it

I’m thinking of buying up hundreds of second hand hard drives to mine burst

how are you going to go about doing that?

Bump.
More info pls.

accidental business dealings?

Article in open source dot org

Sminen McBitcoin

i recently got a new laptop and i want to start mining, i know this will be like a dollar a month worth of eth but i wanna learn how these things work. anyone can help me get started?

>Step 1: Get Free GPUs

>Step 2: Get Free Electricity

Why Ethereum? Seems like a shitty roi relative to the alternatives, and they're planning for a switch to pos.

>fucking accidentally did some business

Mining Zcash with genesis mining.

its k

akroma
masternodes and oracles
ethash algo
not yet listed on an exchange (low difficulty)
VERY active devs, check out their github
>akroma.io
>github.com/akroma-project

Wait, what? Explain

mining is such a fucking waste

A few motherboards and cheap hard drives.

The equivalent hashpower would cost 25k on genesis mining

Just like your mum after she slurps my cum.

how would you get these + 60GPUs for less than $2000?

Thanks to last year's bull run, I bought this rig.

you say that now. I mined over 2000 bitcoins in 2010, 2011 for free on computers at my office. Zero investment of my own. I still have 1800 of them. The sad thing is you stupid kids want instant gratification. Patience is truly a virtue. When bitcoin hits $100k this year, I'll be buying your moms ass

proof faggot. post wallet.

>I'll be buying your moms ass
My mom isn't that kind of women

>larping this hard.

Is there any reason to mine as opposed to investing? Like is the risk any different if the market tanks? And with such a long ROI it just seems so risky to me.

Post your non inspected wallet
inb4 I have it in some secret vault in a paper wallet that I can't touch because its locked with a next level timelock that my dad brought from his work at nintendo

I want to start mining, should I just buy GTC 1070s at the current rates?

At 800$? hell no.

set up some sort of in stock notification and get it only a little above msrp.

I got a 1080ti for 830, which is high, but I'm also a gamerfag so I just hope I can pay back most of it through mining. literally the only reason I'm in this is so I can get a 1080ti for cheap.

None of them ever gets listed a little above MSRP. So I'd have to buy them at the current rates.

>.3 eth a week on 60 GPUs...
>massive startup costs in other components alone eat your .3
>power consumption eats your .3

enjoy the zero profits

nah you gotta be smart.

here's what I did.

download a chrome app called distill.io. then find the exact page on newegg/amazon/etc of a card you may want. then set update to 1 minute. it will alert you to any change in the page.

I was pretty lucky but I got an alert only a day later and some 1080tis were in stock in time for me to get one.

Here's a site that has the exact links to cards

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070ti/

I used nowinstock for like 5 days and every time it notified me I was too late. so I just skipped it and used distill.io to monitor the "out of stock" element of pages.

also of course that means you have to be at your compute with the sound on all day.

kk I'll try it out instead of buying GTX 1070s for £630 ($870)

1 rig with 5x 1060 6gb cards
1 rig with 2x 970 2x 980 and two 1080 ti's

Currently just goofing around on nicehash, making 0,0027 btc / day

Planning to mine eth with my 1060's and bwk with my 9-10 series rig.

soooo you're going to get at most 4 eth in the few months before they switch over to PoS then what?

>1 post by this ID

as expected, mining is a meme.