This year, electricity use at Bitcoin mining data centres is likely to exceed that of all Iceland's homes...

>This year, electricity use at Bitcoin mining data centres is likely to exceed that of all Iceland's homes, according to Johann Snorri Sigurbergsson.

>He said many potential customers were keen to get in on the act.

>"If all these projects are realised, we won't have enough energy for it," he told the BBC.

At what point does it become too much, and governments start taking active measures against cryptoparasites?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/russian-engineers-arrested-for-using-nuclear-weapons-fa-1822865348
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope their coin miners burst into flames. Greedy, lazy degenerates.

Hopefully they'll make it illegal then

And while they're at it, make video games illegal too. What a waste of fucking energy

The Switch uses under a 20 watts though.

>tfw you could literally power a switch with a foldable solar panel on a sunny day

Will the price of graohics cards ever go back down? I wanted to build my first PC.

Prediction:
>Iceland passes legislation to limit bitcoin mining to "sustainable levels," probably based on an electrical allocation limit per-business
>And then nothing else really changes
Also, Cryptocurrencies were a mistake.

They won't.
Unironically

Can't wait for bitcoin to continue crashing and being able to get a 1080 for $200 on ebay.

>wanting one after a miner has been using it

there'll be tons of unused ones from miners desperately trying to get their bucks back

fucking nocoiners! stay poor

Assuming you're talking new cards, they can't go below their old price because of their implicit use for vidyagamen.

NOT VIDEO GAMES

gizmodo.com/russian-engineers-arrested-for-using-nuclear-weapons-fa-1822865348

Who /nukecoin/ here?

>Donald blumpft dident sign the Paris Accord he's litterly hitler. He is single handedly going to melt the earth
> don't mind my crypto farm or weed farm that is proven to do more damage to the environment than any thing else

At this rate wouldn't the electric bill alone be far higher than the money you actually mine from this shit?

Nobody mentioned Trump retard. Fuck off.

At least once the stocks plummet, Hans and Axel will be able to make us of it.

Oh why do I even bother, /v/ has never read a book in their lives.

What point are you trying to make? Cryptocurrency is a libertarian fad, not a liberal one.

Most Miners, now after the recent crashes, are mined in the assumption they'll rebound.

I genuinely don't understand cryptocurrency.

So some guy made a program that makes fake coins, who people decided had some kind of value, which are now a thing because fuck you?

I still don't understand how you generate a currency, and who the heck made it a thing. I've even seen a couple of local small stores with "we accept bitcoin" signs

Or you could just buy a bitcoin and get a 1080ti with the profits , fyi free money = free games

Basically yeah. Just like all currencies. Only difference is fiat has a gun pointed to you.

>just like all currencies
No nigger. Currency is the evolved form of bartering.

I don't understand how people running server farms creating numbers that turbo-autists give back and forth to each other is the same thing.

Let me amend his post for you.
just like all modern currencies*
Is there anyone still on the gold standard?

>dude guaranteed profit lmao :)
Except crypto is a closed ecosystem that doesn't generate revenue by itself, so someone must lose on coins for someone else to earn.

MUH 42 COIN

>just buy into my ponzi scheme, my dudes

gold was used as a currency because it was rare
bitcoins are basically the same thing, they take loads of calculations to find and there's a limited amount of time

same principal with paper money, it is something with a value which can be traded for goods..

difference with crypto currency is that not the authorities (federal reserve, central banks) are regulating the money flow, it is the decentralized proof of work done by millions of GPU/CPUs

Forgot image.

Same way people decide what Modern Art is valuable and which isn't.

Just keep paying taxes, my goy. Fund my niggernomics.

It's easy to forget that paper money is the exact same thing when you live in a stable country. Plus when the country implodes, your money becoming worthless is really the least of your immediate troubles.

Sauce?

Well that’s why I did while you cry for prices I got a hybrid 1080ti with profits in 1 day.

Yeah but... what's the value when most people and businesses don't even know what bitcoin is, let alone accept it? Do the private "investors" just hope that by generation enough shit it'll sooner or later be accepted by a bigger audience? Do they expect to be able to feed their families with it? Can they even keep up since the process seems to burn so many resources

Sure thing kiddo

the only reason bitcoin has any value in the first place is that some people believe in it

It's used to launder money and buy drugs, nothing more.

Sure, but I'm saying it comes off as the Ouya of finances right now

Real life

>Cryptocurrencies are bad and must be banned!!!

I dont disagree

Why do crypto investors so often act like goddamn cultists?

>Trying to connect a secret super-computer to the internet just to mine coins
Holy shit they should be arrested for treason and spying, what a bunch of morons

how else will they find suckers to give them money?

>M-MOMMY, IT'S GOING DOWN AGAIN, I-I'M GONNA MAKE IT MOMMY, M-MUH LAMBO

>he thinks jews aren't going full power on crypto
banks are literally implementing crypto to make transaction easier and because the government can't do shit about it (yet)
they are also stealing millions by tricking people who don't know shit about cryptocurrencies

Can't really blame poor bastards to try and do something to not starve to death.

How is cryptocurrency determined in value anyhow? It's also odd to me that something that isn't tax-able is considered a valid currency. Not that doesn't sound great, but realistically how can it be legal?

Fucking cryptocancer.

>Working for goverment on super secret facility
>Starving
Supply and Demand, economics 101

It's going to be taxable soon in The US.

It's not illegal by the virtue of being new and not understood by governments.

Shhh, nocoiner pajeets.

The kike can't use crypto in its schemes because it can't speculate with them. That's why the ZOG is so afraid of decentralized currencies they can't control.

The transaction fee bullshit only applies to Bitcoin. It's the most popular, but by far not the only crypto out there.

>Russian
>not starving

Who's ready for 9000?

So why exactly do you blame Jews for all the world's problems? Why do you think they're some all-consuming, cosmic, evil entity?

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you're not allowed to criticize.

>not understood by governments
>de gubberment is stoopid lol!
Are you literally 12 years old?

Because /pol/ told me that, and /pol/ is red pilled as fuck bro.

I heard that famous quote too! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar *tips hat respectfully*

No, but you seem to be. Democratic government by its nature moves at a snail's pace and it's not weird in the slightest that it's only now starting react to a very young market trend.

Because they're literally the master race, and the untermensch will forever be envious.

People shit on them all the time, the fuck are you talking about? I also hear people say thwy're pushing all the liberal ideology but why would they push something like LGBT shit if it's against their religion?

xd epic

banks across the globe are implementing crypto because it is easier to manage their big ass transactions.they are also already thinking about using it for when the fucking bubble burst again. Ike The Kike knows how to fuck with it too. the moment that shit starts getting implemented for commom use because the noone will want to use bills they will get hold of it

So, cops, churches, the one percent and Trump supporters? Always seems people who criticize them are demonized as ivory tower elitists.

Doesn't mean they don't understand the concept, as the earlier post was implying. The government consists of more than le Dlumpf man and often employs some of the most competent people in any given country.

Are you? Do you seriously think that over 50 politicians are constantly up to date with shitty internet fades?

>Why do you think they're some all-consuming, cosmic, evil entity?

Ah, loaded questions right off the bat. I'd expect no less from a brainlet libshit. But okay.

The kike has been expunged from countless European countries throughout the millennia for usury, degenerating the community, shaving bits of gold off coins, poisoning wells, etc.

There's a reason they were supposed to wear identifying yellow pointed hats in the middle ages.

yeah man the 80 year old cancer patientss and boomers in congress are fucking brilliant, they're only pretending to be retarded

All those things get attacked constantly by nearly all media outlets.

Do you seriously think that elected people are the only people who work foe the government? Even if they were the ones who ultimately make decisions, they always consult with experts who actually do the material thinking and planning.

Guess what, "le Dlumpf men" are the ones who decide what things have priority and what things get ignored.

What's your source for these claims? Also, not hating Jews makes you a liberal now?

>Even if they were the ones who ultimately make decisions
Yeah, and that's what actually matters.

Trump has very lityle influence, his own party hates him because he's fucking up their status qoue.

Except they don't make those decisions independently. They are glorified rubber stamps of acceptance for the people who actually work on this stuff.

Here's a quick rundown.

Oy vey, pic related literally looks like anuda shoah. You can see from color of the smoke its chosen people burning!

I wanted to upgrade my computer but current GPU prices make it a nightmare, how long until the bubble bursts? Will it ever?

What does this matter? When you use more energy you get a higher power bill, sure, but so what? Is there LESS energy to go around then? That doesn't make any sense

>and often employs some of the most competent people in any given country.

jesus christ the boomerposters made it all the way to /v/

And yeah, there are only two possible opinions on kikes and the ZOG - you either hate them or have been brainwashed to love them against your own interests.

>niggers are getting rich off cryptos
>OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN THEY'RE ESCAPING OUR WELFARE PLANTATIONS

wake up, africa

>this retard.
We were talking about over 50 politicians in general, the plural was in that post for a specific reason, you know.

>Except they don't make those decisions independently.
You are right they are actually just slaves of their own staff, especially of the youngest and most irrelevant members men that actually know how internet fades work. Just stop trying to save face.

Here's your 1080 bro.

Where's that paragraph at the top from? That doesn't seem biased at all.

Not that user, he's not completely bullshitting, the stereotype of the greedy and sneaky jew basically started in medieval times when the first banks were basically just getting started and, since the church decided to brand usury as anti-christian, jews and non-christians in general ended up taking advantage of that. Historically speaking the hate against jews isn't something Hitler or /pol/ made up out of a whim

Of course there's still a difference between learning that and believing in modern conspiracy theories