Do you play?

Do /biz play any instruments? How do you spend your time waiting for your buy/sell orders to fill in?

I play ukelele while waiting and it worked fine in just a month ago. Now it seems way to happy of an instrument after this fucking bloodbath.

Should I switch to sth more dramatic? Violin maybe?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/dotmpeg
youtube.com/watch?v=w5fLGWrHouk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do a chapter on ruby and sql while waiting. Gotta take my mind of trading or I just end up exhausted from staring at the order book
Plus finishing even a small chapter gives me confidence and sense of control of my life.

Tfw I’m a composer for a Facebook media series.. I work an hour a day and it pays handsomely

I play guitar and I love it, im pretty good and ive been playing for a long time. BUT I FUCKING SUCK AT SINGING IM ALWAYS OFF KEY AND I HAVE A SHIT RANGE REEEEEEEEEE

Get yourself a classical guitar and learn sexy spanish music. Best decision i ever made

I play some guitar a song a hobby, and recently an old lady thought it was delightful to listen to my guitar in these cold nights.

ukelele is a meme instrument. switch to mandolin if you want a respectable high pitched fretted instrument.

i have been playing guitar for like 7 years and still can't play a song from memory,sucls to suck :c

me singing is a meme, so it seems right

ive played guitar for over half my life now but it wasnt until now a few months back ive started feeling very confident that I'm actually pretty good, especially with my singing on top. someone said mandolin for higher pitches, but i could also recommend a nashville guitar. quite unconventional but they sound hella good

I play guitar and I hate it. I'm pretty good and I've been playing for a long time (~10 years) but I'm just so bored of it. Nowadays I just entertain myself by finding unique fingerpicking patterns on weird chords. Something about fingerpicking is therapeutic to me. Not even the music necessarily, just the act of moving my fingers autonomously in an everlooping pattern.

If you're thinking of picking up an instrument, choose piano. It's much more intuitive, especially when it comes to notes and scales.

I masterbate

I suck at singing and playing at the same time. Whenever I start singing my hands literally stop playing

>the virgin guitar
>the chad violin

>the multi-instrumentalist Übermensch

I played guitar for 8 years pretty well, but was only good in playing existing songs, tried to learn some jazz theory for improvising but it didn't really click with me. Got myself up to be able to play some serious death metal rhythm guitar tho and some shredding solos as well, but I realized I had to put in many more hours to be able to write something decent.
Also at university I wasn't able to put that much time in it anymore, and when I sat down once a week to play and needed that whole session to become as good as I was the last week I decided to let go.

HOW DO I START PRACTICING PIANO

It's all about how used you're at it. I noticed that as well, but after a while i realized it's because I think about what I'm about to sing. When you've sung it 20 times it's on autopilot and it just becomes easy, just like how when you're doing some complex fingerpicking pattern for the 100th time you're not thinking "now imma hit the e string, now the b string, now the d string", etc. it just comes naturally.

Bass guitar, ukulele, harmonica, piano and synthesizer, and I sing and spank a tambourine. I also make tracks in FL Studio.

My buddy plays the guitar which is why I don't touch it. We do covers of a lot of popular folk and rock songs.

alright, so I could try to play hymns I know and figure out the chords for them. Thanks I'll try that
Sounds comfy. I'd love to have a drum buddy to play black metal or punk songs with

classically trained on piano and violin, though i play jazz piano mostly nowadays and i haven't touched my violin in years. also i'm a decent bassist and mediocre guitarist

maybe everytime i make a trade and the coin immediately tanks i should get out my violin and play something sad

Jesus, my hands get retarded the second I start singing.

I played violin when I was 10. Quit after 2 years because I didn't want to practice 1 hour a day. Kind of regret it, would have been nice to be able to play such a beautiful instrument.

i graduated from one of the top music schools
if any anons want online lessons for crypto in music theory or most any instrument, drop your contact info

Nothing better than getting drunk as fuck and jammin with the bros.

songs we cover:

don't think twice, it's alright - Bob Dylan
comes a time - Bob Dylan
the times are changing - Bob Dylan
heart of gold - Neil Young
out on a weekend - Neil Young
disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
follow you down - Gin Blossoms
First day of my Life - Bright Eyes
Something Vague - Bright Eyes
At the Bottom of Everything - Bright Eyes
Bowl of Oranges - Bright Eyes
Every Rose has its Thorn - Poison
Hotel California - Eagles
Fade Into You - Mazzy Star (Au Revoir Simone version)
Great Day to be Alive - Travis Tritt
Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon

others that I'm sure I'm forgetting but you get the idea.

I've been playing musical instruments my entire life.

Can't see myself w/o music

I've been producing on Ableton mostly lately...

soundcloud.com/dotmpeg

I play guitar and sing
I can play some piano and drums too

havent touched it for a very long time tho

Where do I start if I want to listen to sexy Spanish guitar

not him but this is a good start:

youtube.com/watch?v=w5fLGWrHouk

I get the idea, generally don't listen to american music though. but I home to find a drumbro eventually. At least I have a close friend who's starting to play the guitar now as well, so I can at least talk about music with him.

Where you from, bro?

Netherlands

i'm actually a "professional" musician. in quotes bc i'm not sure what qualifies as pro but i play 5-10 gigs (~3 hours each) per week in my city and it's my main source of income. i play guitar and sing, also do my own stuff. very 90s rock influenced.

crypto is what i do when i'm not playing music.

I'm playing people, people are my instrument

I play guitar and mandolin

learn flamenco

>soundcloud.com/dotmpeg
kek

Ukulele is a shit tier meme instrument.

Guitar is pretty easy but if you want something more elegant and ultimately useful try piano.

Violin is really hard to learn without lessons and lots of practice.

I play guitar poorly and drum. I really like playing with production software. I'm pretty embarrassed of everything I make but learning new things keeps me interested. I've been spending most of my free time on ableton live these days.