ITT: Restaurant chains that no longer exist

ITT: Restaurant chains that no longer exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1elhW4WJGzs
search.yahoo.com/local/s;_ylt=A0LEV0gzVBxXtcwAAWVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=long john silvers&addr=Fairfield, OH&loc=woeid:2401397&selectedId=15729279&fr=yfp-t-455-s
search.yahoo.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that looks like the place fred flintstone gets his giant ribs from

this tickles my memory
im from seattle

I used to eat here when I was stationed in Korea.

GOAT burgers.

There everywhere man idk

I love Googie Architecture

God I miss their corn.

doesn't this exist in korea or vietnam or somewhere like that?

>fried ice cream

>stationed in Korea

Damn, user, how old are you?

You know user, there are army bases in Korea right? You can be stationed there and be like 22

I remember going there like 20 years ago a few times when i was a kid. All I remember was the food was pretty shit but god damn I looked forward to that fried ice cream

I was born in 1997, and I've heard of none of these places.

Am I a faggot?

underage b&

I'm 19 bruv.

Hush. Don't rustle gramps.

it had the biggest play area in any fast food chain, it was fucking huge

Damn, I haven't lived in South Florida in a few years, is it really gone?

Actually they have a few locations, all very south Florida. Used to have them here in central/tampa bay

These used to be all over the northwest. There's only 1 or 2 left now.

Is this a thing? White people actually order a big ass thing of raw meat and eat it like that??

I was born in 88 and have only heard of one

RIP ;_;

I see home run in frozen foods all the time at the super market I work at. But the again being able to buy it frozen is not the same as actually going there.

nigga u trollin

Arthur Treachers.
>dat fish
>dem chips
>dem hushpuppies

The Ground Round

Holy fuck. Ground Round. They had some pretty decent burgers.

Every time I think of this place it brings back horrible memories of long family road trips where my dad refused to stop for bathroom breaks.

Kentucky Roast Beef

? Rax still exists

I ate at this place 2 years ago in Yokosuka Japan

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Apparently this still exists outside of NA. As a kid I fucking loved their pizza

There are two of these within a mile of each other where I live.

we got em in palm beach and broward

still open

Rip the best chocolate cake and au gratin potatoes ever.

there's still 1 location left somewhere in ohio i think

>popcorn machine
>ice cream in a mini mlb baseball helmet

fuck man those helmets were a marketing masterpiece. towards the end we ate there once, and the waitress said that they were changing the name to The Silver Spoon to get away from a name that screamed ground meat. then they closed 5eva ;_;

Still one in Plattsburgh ny

Only in Ohio

Unfortunately.

Pic Related, in most of Arizona. They used to have four locations in Tucson. Now there's just three in the state, all in or near phoenix. Same with most of their other locations.
YUM let them burn out and sold them off

Nah. That's a specific type of European ground meat that's supposed to be eaten raw. They bought a bigass portion it looks like. They just picked it up and placed it between two buns for a picture, they didn't even take away the wrapper underneath.

For real? I guess the Breaking Bad bubble had to burst eventually but I assumed the chicken place would stick around even without extra tourism.

I wouldn't mind it so much if we had more than 1 Popeye's

Had troubles after Gus was kill

Fucking hell, I didn't even realize that was at 22nd and Kolb now. The old location was where Del Taco is/was, just the other side of the Snakebridge from downtown, right? I dont get out much

Lancaster. It's dead too. There is a private franchisee who operates the identical menu in an identical building he bought from them, now under the name Mario's fish and chips in Columbus, OH.

I couldn't find a picture, but I found a creepy ass commercial about a restaurant called "Mr. Cook" that closed down in the 90s youtube.com/watch?v=1elhW4WJGzs
The building for it in my town has never had a business stay there for very long.

It's still around.

They had a "Fun Burger" on the menu. We would order a "Fur Burger" at the drive-thru, then apologize that we read the menu wrong.

Roadhouse steak house

We have em in Michigan. Not sure if they are around anywhere else.

No stores, but supermarkets still carry their stuff.

There's literally one a couple minutes from my house.

Ugh, the time I went to Long John Silvers it was because somebody in my group was bitching they wanted it. So we found the closest one and boy were we in for a treat.

The store exists in a white hillbilly ghetto known derisively as the Knob. Lots of heroin, rebel flags and burned out homes. The LJS in the knob is staffed by misanthropic human filth and no one dines in because said staff are too unmotivated to clean the actual filth. I do not know why it has not been shut down.

It was like motherfucking John Waters Presents: Long John Silvers.

search.yahoo.com/local/s;_ylt=A0LEV0gzVBxXtcwAAWVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=long john silvers&addr=Fairfield, OH&loc=woeid:2401397&selectedId=15729279&fr=yfp-t-455-s

That's a fantastic photograph. Looks like I could just walk right in and order.

>Cozy level, Maximum

>search.yahoo.com
>yahoo

there's still one in Duluth MN, went to it a bunch as a kid.

meh, was like the first image on El Goog

I miss Buchenwald

If they still exist, I havent seen one in years.

There's one at the PA turnpike

There's one in Mastic, NY on Long Island and one at one of the rest stops when you go from Manhattan to Upstate NY.

Still pretty good food 2bh.

I've always known that as a Del Taco, assuming that must have been several years ago.

It was in Kent, Ohio
> you youngsters...
Being popular in Ohio kills the fast food chain.

If I close my eyes I can still smell the odor of the hamburgers and onions cooking when me and my dad would go into the Glen Burnie location. My mom didn't like going in there because it was dirty looking so it would just be dad and me.

I think I have something in my eye.

Woah, you're old. Had em in Michigan growing up too.

?

85 and ive heard of most

Been gone a long time. Local to New England I think.

In Malaysia. It was bought over by a Malaysian conglo I think. The muffin is the best.

I once ate at Chi-Chi's as a kid and got sick. The blue corn chips made my vomit blue which I thought was the coolest thing

Never heard of Sambo's, but I can one-up you.

Mine was replaced by a Starbucks. It still hurts.

[spoiler]Isn't this from that one fake documentary where slavery was never abolished?[/spoiler]

We used to go to one near our home in South Florida when i was a kid. Used to like it a lot.

link to that? sounds interesting

It was in that doc (C.S.A.) but it was also a real place, as was several of the "products" advertised in it, like the cleaner with the black face kids, nigger hair tobacco and the one motor oil.

C.S.A. The confederate states of america. Its kind of hit and miss (canada ends up creating rock music, also all the shit about us going to war with south america and losing.), but an interesting take, none the less.

My dad and grandma both used to love bill knapps. Now its fucking Haabs, which sucks (also they have failed their health check like five times in the last 20 years, but they are a historical site, so they have plot armor.)

I miss Ponderosa Steak House. GOAT buffet when I was a kid.

I still have a Burger Chef and Jeff record.

Hello 1990