MINING FUUUUCKERY

Help me biz I fucked up bigtime. I invested 30k into mining and I earned 2500 usd in 40 days. Its not even pure profit because I have to pay 600usd for elecricity bill. Just wtf??!?

25 1080ti earns me less or around 80 usd per day.
4-3,5 usd per card on average on the best multi algo pool: miningpoolhub with the best multi algo switching app: multipoolminer.

Im so fucking sad. I took out loans and left my job for this.

what should I do? What am I doing wrong? help me biz, fucking help me please

Speculate and accumulate if you believe it’s going up. or cut losses and sell a portion to gaymers.

>red id
dude you fucked up, my friend has a few rigs making him 2000$+ a month after electricity that he built for 8000$.

Hold the coins and keep mining for a few months. You'll regret freaking out and stopping when the next bull run happens.

>and it will happen.

Keep doing it for 1 year. then sell your assets... = profit

How did 25 1080ti’s cost 30k?

BUY HIGH

I'll give you $3k for your cards

He probably also rewired his home to handle the electricity

Lies

So you're making at least 1500$ worth of eth a month? Just go back to work for a couple of months, shove all that eth into cold storage, wait for price to spike to pay off the rig. Then you have passive income, and a big as eth wallet.
also, the fuck, did you not do research at all? how did you not know the rate of return?

Ill give you 5k.

25 1080ti’s is 3500 Watts on Ethash. That’s two circuit breakers.

25x1000usd gpu
8x230usd psu
4x motherboard
4xcpu
4x 8gb ddr4
4x ssd
bunch or risers, vents, cables, rig building holy shit maybe its even more than 30k

how?

Am I super retarded or what? wjat the fuck am I doing wrong? Amd cards are better? miningpoolhub sucks? my roi is above 1 year, without diff increase. I feel sick.

oh shit ur right. Well he got 24 rx580s for just under 5000$. a month ago profitability was 2800$ mining eth+pasc. Right now it's about 1500$ a month. still good. 3000$ for 4 computers is p shit tho.

>25 1080ti earns me less or around 80 usd per day.
Thats .02666*% a day of the initial investment. I earn more than that trading off stupid memelines. You could of mined plebbit Garlicoin and earnt far more than that

>Help me biz I fucked up bigtime. I invested 30k into mining and I earned 2500 usd in 40 days. Its not even pure profit because I have to pay 600usd for elecricity bill. Just wtf??!?

>25 1080ti earns me less or around 80 usd per day.
>4-3,5 usd per card on average on the best multi algo pool: miningpoolhub with the best multi algo switching app: multipoolminer.

>Im so fucking sad. I took out loans and left my job for this.

>what should I do? What am I doing wrong? help me biz, fucking help me please

What you're doing wrong is taking a loan. Cryptocurrency is about getting free from the jews. You fucked up in that way.

I think your problem is you paid 1k for 1080tis. That ROI won’t be good.

man, you suck at mining.

I bought x6 RX VEGA 56's and was making $80 a day, that was a $3000 investment.

Its down now to $25 a day due to everything crashing, but for a good 2-3 months it was around $80.

If this shit actually recovers to where it was at in december I will be back to $80 a day

>4x 8gb ddr4
you dont need 8gb of ram to run 1080i's, nor do you need a SSD. you should of done more research

1080ti's mooned, plus you need to buy PSU's, RAM, motherboards, risers, ect. (all of which have also mooned) not to mention fans, wattage meters, and frames. shit adds up. all in all though OP should stick with it for at least a year, go back to work if need be.

no, you overspent retard. GTX 1080tis cost 700$ msrp dumbass. 25 cards means 4 computers, you spend about 500$ per computer and you're fine. You FOMOd in when gpu prices were absolutely at the top. Guess what, amd cards are far better miners for msrp, and amd is releasing another batch in a month. You're retarded, hell nvidia will be releasing volta cards probably mid q2 for similar nvidia msrp prices but they mine 2-3x better. You fucked up idiot.

>also, the fuck, did you not do research at all? how did you not know the rate of return?
whattomine show me 4000-6000usd income for 20 1080tis. I got scammed. every forum was full of fomo and lies. I tought I am going to make smart investments but right now I feel dumb...

and he will be at like 250$ a day by that point.

He must have gotten the 4gb then and not the 8gb,because I've been buying the 8gbs and the returns aren't worth it even at 31mh\s

you fucked up being 1080tis for so much. You should of bought a bunch of rx vegas when they were $400. They were pulling $13 a day after electric when things were high.

>Amd cards are better?
final thing because i missed it. Yes AMD cards are objectively better at mining. However they run hotter. IIRC nVidia runs around 50-60*c right? My AMDs run at 80*c undervolted with the fan just above idle around 45% fan speed

he got 7 nitro + rx580 8gbs and an assortment of other rx580s

As someone who fell for the mining meme last year, stop measuring returns in dollars and stick with it. Next moon you will be so fucking happy. It may take a few months though.

actually, if you are mining with VEGA cards and using HBCC, you actually do need ram, like atleast 16gb, performance goes up even more at 32gb. Basically HBCC turns your ram into extra video memory. If you are mining monero it matters

I heard Vegas we're just good for xmr

mine to accumulate a coin you think will moon, not to make daily profits

Nah. You use virtual memory and a SSD.

turn up your fan wtf anything over 70c is suboptimal and will shorten the life of the card. it would literally be better to have your fan at 100% and replace the bearings in 2 years than it would be to run it at 45% and burn out the card instead.

ITT newfags panic about a bad mining month

Will be glad to buy those 180s for 500 bucks each

cryptonote in general
I mined 2M turtles for the kekess

But yeah OP just noticed you paid 1k for 1080s lmao, next gpu gen is around the corner

fan speed is set to auto. AMDs have higher operating temps

if it is not profitable you can still sell those GPUs for higher price than you bought them I think there is huge shortage at least in europe

Tell me; how can you not so any research on ROI???? Dont tell me you simply swallowed whatever you Read online... Next time put everything in excel and do your own calculations.

My advice for you is to set Up so you can mine every altcoin so you can swap to whatever yields the most, and go back to work. Mining is a long term investment.

You can also mine 80%of ROI and sell all the gpus/replace them. Thus increasing yields and keeping the rig going.

I have an AMD rig, highest card is at 68 and my ventilation sucks. You should turn up those fans.

if you think you should get the cards that can get the most $/day when you're trying to go into profit you're retarded. you're looking for cards that will break even the fastest, and you've possibly literally picked the worst current-gen card on the market for that. RX 580s are the way my man.

Don't you think you're completely fucked, though! If you're mining ETH you're probably in the good, right now, and if you aren't, then start mining it, because when the next bull-run hits, you'll be so glad you did,

>mining for 40 days
The value of you cards almost doubled since you bought them. Stop fucking crying and sell the rig if youre too much of a pussy to believe in crypto

this. I set max temp to 70C and undervolt to 0.9
Depends on algo though, cryptonight runs at 45C, ethhash at 65C and heavy algos like neo/lyra at 70C

cheers ill crank up the fans

>you fucked up being 1080tis for so much. You should of bought a bunch of rx vegas when they were $400.
I tried but banks gave me the middle finger. Took me 2 months to get the money and guess what, vegas were sold out. Now they are selling above 1000usd.

Also I tought 1080ti is the king in mining. Are 1080tis really suck ass? is 1000usd for a 1080ti too much??

i hope you are fudding hard. there is no way new nvidia cards are coming out this fast and they cant be 2x-3x times better. I hope they cant be...

>However they run hotter. IIRC nVidia runs around 50-60*c right
big ass 3 slot 1080tis are under 60c with 70-65% fanspeed and shit room cooling.

my small zotacs are hot as hell. 65% tdp, 80% fanspeed, buch of vents, windows are open, fucking winter and they are still above 70c.

I hope you are right.

It's not just the fans. You have nvidea so I supose you set max power output to 65%, right?

i have a vega 54 and recommendations on settings for ethash?

The 1180ti's are coming out next month for $799 and will be twice as powerful. Can't believe you bought the physical bags.

Why on Earth would you buy 1080 Ti's for mining....

I built several rigs this time last year of RX580s that I bought for $209 a piece. They're each getting about 30 MH/s, which is faster than my desktop 1080 by a good margin.

vega is not for ethhash
You need to bios mod with the 64 bios btw

>Why on Earth would you buy 1080 Ti's for mining....
dunno, I was researching hard but looks like the internet lied to me. again.

rx 580s are around 4-500usd atm and whattomine makes them look like shit compared to 1080tis. Also I live in euroshit. Prices here are higher and there are gpu shortages for 2months

yeah i gathered that but was wondering if there were any settings or whatever to see if it could end up being useful outside of crptonight

Mining eth is literally one of the worst options right now

Last month 1070 x7 was making 50/day, 5x vega 64 making 60/day and rx (200mh) was making 30-40 each rig

meaning 470s/570s/580s are best for consistent roi, but vegas will give you 100/day some days

>what should I do? What am I doing wrong? help me biz, fucking help me please

The price more then halved retard. That is why your profits are so low at the moment.

I was going to get into mining when the btc price was about 16k. A 1080ti was making about 10-11usd back then. Now its less then half of that.

IMO its only worth mining if the BTC price is at least 10-12k.

you are pretty much me except I've only got 16 1080ti's. make sure you are throttling their power limits to reduce your electric costs. just mine and hold. I'm mining zclassic for the fork, after that i dont know yet. just look at people who were mining litecoin back in the day making dozens of fucking litecoins with their gpus. if they had just kept mining and holding and wagecuck to pay the electric and credit card bills and keep fucking grinding away how fucking rich are they today. learn to maximize efficiency and squeeze every dollar. research new shitcoins to jump on and mine early before others find out. you can do it user, don't give up.

my advice would be to install Gentoo you;ll get better overheads and reduced feed stalls. which for miing coins is the most importatn

but rx prices are really crazy in the past 2 months.
without fud, are my 1080tis suck ass?

I dont think we will get new nvidia cards soon and if we do why would they sell them under 1000 if people are still paying 1200 for an 1080ti?

buy High, sell Low :^)

coiners btfo

The only way to win the game is not to play

wish you luck mate. Im holding but bags are getting heavy...
im going to believe in what you said bc you are a tripfag. please tell me more. are my cards suck ass?

>next month
gr8b8m8, try next year

lets say hypothetically you have lots of taxable crypto gains (100k+).

is it worth it to start a mining business for the tax benefits? (depreciation, section 179 capital asset, steady w2 income)

Maybe 40mh, my 64s get 48 mh

WHY WOULD YOU TAKE ON DEBT AND THEN LEAVE YOUR FUCKING JOB

YOU LAZY FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
YOU SHOULDA KEPT WORKING AND SET UP YOUR MINING OP IN YOUR FREE TIME

YOU SHOULDA BOUGHT NON TI CARDS AND OVERCLOCKED THEM, YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT YOUR SHIT IN A SHIPPIBG CONTAINER SO YOU COULD HAVE IT MOVED TO WHERE RUNNING COSTS ARE CHEAPEST

JUST JUMP SHIP SELL EVERYTHING AND GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

>tfw you invested in 1080s and cashed out
heh

relax, you will get your money back multiple times
Just try to sell them before the 20xx come out. They will probably be under hype, because vegas had an announced 100mh hashrate kek

Titan V gets 82mh/s. gtx 1080ti gets about 34. Titan V has volta architecture, the next gen gaming volta cards which are expected anywhere from late Q1 to late Q2 will likely follow the titan V but be a little less powerful, but far more affordable. Expect 60mh/s minimum for a 700$ card.

>crypto
>taxes
Pick one, are you retarded?

that's still shit considering a 250$ 470 gets 30
But yeah OP, dump them before this comes out, because gaymers will be cut off your dump supply

Holy shit, I thought I was late getting to mining last May.

the zotacs are bad. The fans on mine died quick and made the cards overheat. Not die but the bearings dry out quick, keep an eye on it

I have been wanting to get into mining. I will be getting an 8000 dollar bonus in a month. Is this enough to get a good starter rig going?

Fuck sake OP. You mine to accumulate coins for next years pump. Guy I know made 600k mining monero at low difficulty and selling the December top. Then repeat with a new low difficulty coin. Hold for a year etc.

Not hard, stick with cryptonote coins. Electroneum or Sumo are the best for this year. Intensecoin is longer term but will be huge.

>all of which have also mooned
This is how Sears Roebuck got rich off the 1869 gold rush, selling shovels

yeah let me just set up a billion dollar company to make graphics cards, or many millions designing an ASIC miner for coins that might not be around in several months.

Do you know how much someone would charge me to replace all my fans?
We are talking about 50x2 fans.

It all depends on boys prices user...

20$ fans vs expensive as fuck graphics cards

You can get 2 good rigs for that at current prices
You can get 4 of them if you get old priced gpus. There are still some in my country, that's why I got my rigs for cheap. Im talking 200 bucks rx470

I do keep my fans running high all the time (70-95%). I'm just curious if there is anyone willing to spend a day changing fans

Dude Stop thinking crypto, read up on counterfactual regret minimization algorithems. Learn to programm or get someone to programm.

Baisiclly you can get your rig running as a pokerbot playing near-perfect nash-equillibrium poker on pokerstars.

$$$ PROFIT

you could do it yourself and cut costs a lot. But this is Veeky Forums where 90% of the users are sub 100iq. Also how the fuck are those running hot if you're running at 70-95% fan speed? Is it summer where you live? I get 50C with 40% fan speed and it's 10C right now outside, never gets above 35 celcius (cards are running below 70C still in those temps).

I made 10k mining last month with a single GTX 1080. you're mining the wrong coins.

not true in the slightest

>The average cryptonigger is unironically this stupid

Can't make this shit up

Get fucked.

no you didn't

Soon mining will be at a lose when ETH moves to POS in conjunction with the rising prices of GPUs, if it isn't already if you are starting now.

I get different values when checking temps in the blockchain drivers and the console values.
They aren't what I consider hot though, at 65C

No one mines eth anymore you fucking newfag

1080s are fine for mining, it just depends on what you are trying to crunch .

Did you look up underclocking guides to get the best balance between electricity usage and performance.

>I have to pay 600usd for elecricity bill.

Don't forget to pay your taxes too for that 600 dollariinos

65C is perfectly fine I think. All GPUs have diff temp values that are acceptable. I think R9 290xs can take up to 80C completely fine, although I've never went above mid 70s with them.

Another idea is getting some 7950s and mining zcash or ethhash with low dag sizes. They are inexpensive for 24mh/s. Be careful though I'd buy one at a time just to test it out at first since dag fucked these cards hard.

I don't really understand what your problem is.
You're set to pay off your loans within 2 years through the profits of your venture.
What the fuck did you expect to happen?

Only a top tier cuck would pay taxes on mining coins