Currency coin alts and privacy coin alts will face plant 2018-2019

I'm trying to look out for you Veeky Forums

Surely you must see the writing on the wall. Why will these currency-based coins and privacy coins crater?

tldr; 2018-2019 will be the era of protocol coins and infrastructure coins. Coins with REAL use cases.

Q. What benefits are there in altcoins that offer currency transactions or privacy transactions?

A. In the real world, LIMITED to NONE. These coins are nothing but echo chamber based coin clubs with little to no real use cases, or any hope in hell of mass adoption. The members of these coin clubs invest in something that becomes their 'team', they shill it as the greatest team (coin), then they tip each other in said coin or they exchange a few transactions with each other. There is nothing worth a shit going on here, any perceived benefit is statistically INSIGNIFICANT. They wait around for years thinking all major retailers will accept their shitcoin (their team will win the super bowl soon, we will have glory). Sorry, you are deluded.

I am advising Veeky Forums to dump 'currency' coins for protocol coins & infrastructure based coins asap. If you have not done this you WILL get burnt as the novelty of 10,000's of these different currency shitcoins completely falls flat this year. To rub salt in the wounds, these protocol and infrastructure coins will have a variety of transaction and privacy capabilities anyway. Yes, the big protocol and infrastructure coins which will soon dominate the market will also make your 'currency' coins irrelevant.

As 2018-2019 becomes the year of protocol coins, it will also become the year 'currency' coins crash and burn. There is not a more risky hold right now than a currency or privacy coin.

Some will understand this, others will regard this as an attack on their 'team' and get extremely triggered.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GijBiepK0ws
investopedia.com/terms/a/auditability.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the smartest post I've read on biz in weeks.

The writing has been on the wall for some time.

Invest in coins like FUN. People will gamble even after this retarded blockchain bubble explodes.

Use-case is priority!

Invest in the most asinine garbage coin you can find, as long as it has a real world use for normie idiots to have fun with.

If iPhones were a coin, buy those.

Nah bru 2018 is the year of private coins

Btcp king followed by xmr

I disagree

What do you think of my stacks OP?
>WTC
>OMG
>TRAC
>ARY
>CXO
>AMB
>EVE

where can i read on infrastructure coins
or what coins fit ur post

If anything, you need to be realistic here when it comes to the recent regulatory landscape. Privacy coins will not be tolerated, and their use will carry severe SEVERE penalties by most if not all governments. Who is going to risk that? Not enough people to make the coin worth a shit. You are going to risk prison to use some Monero? I'm sure you will larp a big fat YES THEY CAN'T STOP IT. They don't have to stop it, only tell the normies, if you use privacy coins you are going to prison under anti-terror and anti-money laundering laws.

A+ post but few will likely listen.

what coins do u recommend

Well done brother, you get it.

btc is excluded from that

but the people who would regulate are the same people who would want to use it.

There are no shortage of such coins.. basically the metrics I use are:

1. Does it do more than currency or privacy
2. Does it solve a problem or problems
3. Is there a market for mass adoption
4. Team, whitepaper, roadmap etc

You're right about everything except XMR.

XMR is at the mercy of regulation, it depends what happens there imo.

>Literally gives you 50% of the info you need
>could you please give me the other 50%??

Show some initiative brainlet

Basically all the coins that have been shilled here and aren't totally obvious scams then?
Some combo of
platform coins (eth, qtum, nuls, neo, icx, xlm)
Dex coins (zrx, knc, omg)
Computation coins (eng, rlc, sonm, gnt)
supply chain coins (ven, wtc, ship, trac, ary)
And base layer protocol/middleman coins (fct, link)
will make it. There will ALWAYS be a need for off-the-books value though, so I think you're dead wrong about monero. Nice post OP, got me thinking.

ETH, NEO, XLM, ZRX, OMG, VEN are my bets. What say you OP

>Some combo of platform coins (eth, qtum, nuls, neo, icx, xlm) Dex coins (zrx, knc, omg)
Computation coins (eng, rlc, sonm, gnt)
supply chain coins (ven, wtc, ship, trac, ary)
And base layer protocol/middleman coins (fct, link) will make it.
Yep. But now you're just giving it all away.

this is a good baseline for sure. Don't get me wrong XMR is a badass coin but it could be crushed. I use Monero, but if my gov. deems it illegal I would not touch it or other priv coins. I simply have too much to lose and the risk is not worth it (the same goes for most normies).

In denmark we have a mobile app called mobile pay that's run by our largest bank.
It does fee less instant transactions. It tracks your purchases and does big data shit on you - giving the bank an incentive to run it.
You can use this app to send money to your friends, buy shit in stores and so on.
Now a cryptocurrency could do this, and not track you, but ask yourself if anyone really cares about the privacy aspect in a world where people are sharing their sexual experiences on snapchat...

A tech like NANO could do something similar to the Mobile Pay app. But because there is a very small amount of them in circulation and 10% of those are now frozen, you risk being the guy who spent 10 million dollars on a Pizza.
Nobody is going to do that.

not bad, i'd also add rlc, wtc, icx, bqx, iot, still investigating jnt

Get
>ETH
>NEO
>VEN
>OMG
and you'll be very happy end of year.
Others to consider: WTC, ICX, XLM (Yes XLM is a platform and have already launched an ICO)

Bitcoin Cash can do all of those, and has an alpha CHAD as the front man

You may be right, but nobody can predict if coins and companies will not change their roadmap or been bought by others and transformed, like every tech company. Take the product with a whole team of coder and employees, instead making an own (cause takover is much cheaper) and change it so it fits to the market with a new branding.

How does your breakdown look % wise? Is it broken down by market cap (higher % investments into higher mcap coins) or use cases? I am thinking about expanding from my 6-7 coins into ~15 but unsure how to allocate my funds. Even split between each coin type? (Ex 20% Platform coins, 20%Dex coins, 20% supply chain coins, etc) and then even split between each coin of the same type?

market is reconfiguring underfoot to reflect the gist of OP's post, the coins that have real value. Btc, bch, ltc, btg, one of them will win the crypto-as-currency wars, likely btc, but point is who cares? It's a sideshow.

What about coins like XEM?
What about BAT?

put down the crack pipe.

just buy what you fucking want bro its not that complicated

i tend to have one or two I am mega bullish on and have a higher position, and the rest 5 or so in 10-14% range.

hmmm if only there was a coin thats launching smart contract and extension blocks to attack all protocol coin usages.

I get your point and its true. There are too many currency coins. There is no reason for there to be more than one (1) currency coin.
But when that coin finally wins, whichever it is, it will be MASSIVE in marketcap.

My money is on BTC after it has a series of significant upgrades over the next 2-3yrs time. At this point, it becomes 'good enough' to make currency alts irrelevant. Yes, BTC is boring and hated by most, but my holds are not based on emotion.

What do you think of my all-in, OP?
AGI

Sure, bet on what you think will win but don#t go around pretending currency isn't one of the biggest usecases for crypto as a whole.
There will be plenty of platform coins as you say and buying pure currency coins is a big risk as there will only be one in the end.

BUT those who manage to choose the correct currency coin still stand to make incredible gains, no doubt about it.
That upside may even be high enough to warrant buying all the top currency coins in equal parts.

You might as well play lotto.

stop posting here Rodger, no one wants to buy your forked bags

I hate to tell you buy Verge XVG ( top privacy coin ) is already having a shit ton of retailers accepting their currency, growing by the day.

Also the on/off switch for private or transparent transactions widen the use-case for this one.

Your story basically confirms this will moon.

Went all in at 600 sats.

I never go all in. AGI has a great team and as a futurist, it intrigues me, but some coins are too ahead of their time to make gains in the med-term, which is where I linger.

I think privacy coins will always have value, and if not, well, I can still buy drugs.

"shit ton of retailers" ? I have not seen this. Is there a comprehensive list? Verge is a top 3 priv coin but as I say.. governments are already twitchy over non-privacy scenarios, just wait till the first terror attacks are funded by Monero or Verge.. There will be a massive clampdown on priv coins, and normans won't care, 99.9% couldn't care less about privacy, they are sheep.

Dude get real we both know the majority of the "Coins with REAL use cases" will vanish as well.
How many relevant pure currency coins are there? 4 tops
So if one wins its 75% that die.

All these small marketcap coins with fresh new ideas, at least 90% wont see real adoption and everybody knows. Thats about the rate at which IRL startups fail. You'd be an idiot to assume on crypto the failure rate isnt even higher than in traditional VC-funded startups.

Long term, in current climate, ALL coins have
>You might as well play lotto.
tier risks.

How many relevant pure currency coins are there? ask the holders of the top 100 of these coins. Theirs are the best. But yeah I get your point, however BTC will have such a significant chunk here that I see no point in having currency alts. Bcash is a shitcoin imo, fronted by a tantrum throwing chad. As for picking the right non-currency coins.. it takes countless hours of research, and my advise is to be nimble. Monitor your holds closely and pivot as needed.

The difference is when the guy down your road opens a pizza shop he doesnt get listed on the stock market and you cant buy a piece of the company. If you could you might find the price goes up for the first 6 months while everyone is enthusiastic and its all fresh and new. Once it is obvious its falling apart you could sell and still make a profit. Most of these shitcoins have the potential for that and you can make money off the hype, but you are right long term like 2-3 years from now most of these wont be around

what do we think of skycoin

>Bcash is a shitcoin imo, fronted by a tantrum throwing chad
DYOR seriously you are uninformed. Personally I didn't sell my forked Bitcoin cash and will continue to hold while also researching and buying promising alts.
Lightning could rek BCH but every month they don't finish LN increases the upside on BCH. And if you follow closely you will see LN is FAR away from being able to be implemented.
That pretty much rules out new ATH for BTC short term as it will hit another fee wall as soon as bull picks up.

Merchant adoption is what made BTC and its losing that.
Big pumps are coming to BCH short term with the bitpay rollout.

You fall viction to the same tribalist BS you critic in your OP when saying "Bcash Shitcoin" by the way.

t. I hold both BTC and BCH, since im not a tribalist tard

>Verge is a top 3 priv coin

It's not going to come tumbling down for years. There are still a lot of greater fools out there to exploit.

nice thread op. what are your thoughts on NAS? i'm almost all in on this coin and think it has enormous potential.

>In the real world, LIMITED to NONE. These coins are nothing but echo chamber based coin clubs with little to no real use cases, or any hope in hell of mass adoption.
You realize that the entire health industry (1/6th of the economy) requires privacy or the operators of the hospital are thrown in prison. It is literally impossible for any hospital to accept Bitcoin payments as the blockchain is trace-able. Please do your research. Privacy is not only required for the health industry, but for real estate, finances and investment, and the legal industry. Together these industries make up almost half of the economy. So if half of the economy is required by law to have privacy regulations and Bitcoin won't work for transactions then what coins do you think will be chosen? My god the stupidity of this board is astounding sometimes.

idk why all you late adopters are overthinking this. your little shitcoin of choice is utterly worthless in the grand scheme of things, and only speculators are propping it up.

bitcoin with lightning for real world payments, the only privacy coin thats seeing any use will be the only one that survives (until privacy layers on btc/eth come to fruition) is monero, the token market, and pretty much every blockchain developer (that isn't making their own chain) is developing against ethereum.

anything else is a pure gamble. back when the market was only a few billion, these coins were just as obviously outliers as they are today. just because you're looking for xxx multiple gains doesn't mean the low cap shitcoin you see today has any resemblance to coins like btc/eth/xmr of 2-3 years ago.

>There will be plenty of platform coins
Platform coins can be added ontop of currency coins, there is literally no use-case for a platform coin if currency coins exist. That's why BCH is reinstating the Script OpCodes. To allow tokenization and the creation of platform coins on top of the currency.

> There is not a more risky hold right now than a currency or privacy coin.

Except for worthless ICO tokens, those are more risky since all of them are obvious money grabs. With the risk in privacy cryptos you at least also have the chance of huge gains.

The only coins that will survive 2018 will be privacy coins (Whatever the druggies prefer), mark my words! ETH will hopefully die when people realize its only use case is ICO scams.

>everything that will been invented has already been invented

Retards have said this at literally every stage of every innovation in human history, and theyve been wrong every single time

>privacy coins
>coins
complete misunderstanding of the entire market if you believe a) the only coins to remain are pure privacy coins and b) there will be more than one seeing widespread use

I've done the research. There is a singular massive flaw in bcash's existence. Ver's claims of Bitcoin lacking in x,y,z could have been handled by a number of existing coins. Ver could have put his weight behind any number of those coins as superior. He didn't. He chose to make his own vanity coin and the logic is clear here. This is about Ver, nothing more. He didn't get his way with Bitcoin, threw a chad tantrum and tried to hijack Bitcoin. It's only due to his ties to mining rig manufacturers and others looking for a covert scheme that saw any attention to bcash whatsoever. It's a sham through and through.

>bitcoin with lightning for real world payments, the only privacy coin thats seeing any use will be the only one that survives (until privacy layers on btc/eth come to fruition) is monero
Lightning can't be adopted by companies because it removes blockchain auditability. If the company cannot audit the blockchain it can't be used as money. Monero will also only be used for illicit purposes for the same reason. If you don't have a blockchain to allow companies to audit their finances then it can't be adopted widely. That's why ZCoin, PIVX, ZCash, and DASH will all outperform Monero. Don't get me wrong the illicit markets are the third largest market in the world so Monero will go very high, but it limited itself by removing the auditable blockchain.

nope, its just that it's horrendously obvious that the coins people are hyping today have none of the properties that bitcoin or ethereum had back when they were < 1B in value.

people seem to think that just because they like a coin, and it's got a low cap, it has the growh potential of coins like btc/eth.

we have simply yet to see a coin on the level of bitcoin, or ethereum yet.

>Ver's claims of Bitcoin lacking in x,y,z could have been handled by a number of existing coins.
The whole point of Ver's argument is that Bitcoin was always meant to do everything, not be relegated to one function. That's why BCH has big blocks and reinstated the OpCodes, it can add all features of all coins for fees less than 1 cent. No other coin is capable of this because they are all committed to running nodes on desktop computers rather than industrial computing machines. Its not rocket science. The market prefers what is easiest and using one coin for everything is much easier than using every coin for one thing,

you're just saying words now. "auditability"? really? this has never been a concern for any of the payment processors currently around. you can't fool someone thats been around as long as i have in this space with bullshit like that.

public shitcoins like zcoin, pivx, zcash, and the massively premined dash are all utterly worthless bitcoin clones, with no users, and no future.

wtf are you on about? yes, medical industry needs privacy, not privacy coins. It seems like you do not understand this basic concept?

>for less than 1 cent
i think you really need to go back to the beginning and learn what a blockchain is, and how they work.

and you have to be insane to believe that bch has any chance at ever becoming the "all in one" coin you seem to think it is.

hopeless.

>it can add all features of all coins
Do you not realize how ridiculous this sounds?

>we have simply yet to see a coin on the level of bitcoin, or ethereum yet.
There are a few with potential, for instance ZCoin is using its Masternodes to address the scaling issue meaning it can still have a lightweight base blockchain while adding many features on top of it and moving the blockchain bloat to those Masternodes. If they succeed then after they allow smart contracts on the coin they will be the only coin that has many features but offloads the bloat to Masternodes (they are still a ways from completing this however). Then there is Bitcoin Cash which offers the potential for doing everything every other coin does at 1 cent fees. No other coin can compete with that. Again both BCH and ZCoin have a long ways to go, but there are many coins that are doing new and innovative things that could allow them to compete with BTC and ETH. The question that remains is whether or not their development team can pull it off. That's a big question. So you're right those two coins don't have competitors yet, but there are a half dozen getting close to competing.

OP what do you think of DBC? AI computing network backed by NEO.

I dont believe either. Some other niches will survive, but currently people are trying to shoehorn blockchain technology into everything - Trust me 99% of ICOs will be worthless in less than a year. I also believe that there will be more than one left standing, but it won't be an ICO its just all Im saying (Well maybe except for XRP because normies are fucking stupid).

zcoin is a bitcoin copy and paste with a now deprecated privacy model (that has since turned into zk-snarks) bolted on top. rich list and everything.

i can guarantee you that if something is ever going to become the dominant player in this space, it is unequivocally not going to come from a fork of the bitcoin codebase.

I am weary of the A.I. buzzword being hurled around so much lately. I might invest in these A.I. ventures when I can see they move into some level of adoption. This is long term imo and I stay in the mid-term range.

>This is about Ver, nothing more. He didn't get his way with Bitcoin
This shows you haven't been around the cryptocommunity for very long. It used the be in 2014/2015 that ALL, literally all big figures and the majority of /r/bitcoin were pro big-blocks.
Back then we used to fight about whether to go to 8MB or 20MB, staying at 1 wasnt even in the cards.
That only changed with Theymos starting to censor and steer public opinion.
The bitcoin cash community is a legitimate part of Bitcoin and both forks have a claim to the name.

>you're just saying words now. "auditability"? really? this has never been a concern for any of the payment processors currently around. you can't fool someone thats been around as long as i have in this space with bullshit like that.
I understand you are stupid, but "auditability" means you can look and find a transaction on the blockchain. This matters because it ensures that financial audits can be done. If you use Monero your company cannot be audited, if you can't be audited you can't get investment capital to fund your business. Nor can you prove that your transaction went to the person you intended it to go. If you actually understood zero-knowledge protocol you would know that even though you can see the transactions on the blockchains of ZCoin, PIVX, and ZCash, you can't know anything about who sent or received them. So those coins are like Monero in that they untraceable to people who were not involved in the transaction, but if you sent the money you can prove it if required. So the zero-knowledge protocols give you all the privacy Monero does, but they ensure you don't get scammed. So like Monero, just better. Please quit LARP'ing like you've been around awhile. Oldfags know what blockchain auditability is. Its the most important function of the blockchain.

thanks for replying have a waifu for ur time

there's no reason ICOs are any less likely to succeed than any other shitcoin. the odds are massively stacked against anything released in 2016 and later, after the number of coins started ramping up.

Will I be able to get rid of my Bazingas?

The name is as ridiculous the community imo. Scaling issues will be addressed, then it's over for you.

>wtf are you on about? yes, medical industry needs privacy, not privacy coins. It seems like you do not understand this basic concept?
I can trace all Bitcoin transactions meaning if you use it for paying your medical bills I know your whole medical history. So you do absolutely need privacy coins for paying for medical issues. It would be illegal to accept Bitcoin to pay for medical treatment under HIPAA laws as you can trace how much you paid the hospital and from that you could extrapolate what treatments were received. Privacy coins are required by law, bucko.

In 5 years there will be only 3 currency-based coins that even exist.

The first will be the business coin, the cryptocurrency used by businesses for transactions of massive amounts of currency. It will have a stable price that doesn't fluctuate very much at all. This stability will be why businesses use it for large transfers (they can feel safe in that they amount the send/receive will be worth just as much in following months, therefore making it safe for large fund transfers but not that good for investment).

The second will be the mainstream coin. This coin will be well suited to the mainstream, individuals who want to use cryptocurrency to buy things and for investing will buy this coin. It's focus will be on cheap, high speed transactions and accessibility but the price will fluctuate often.

The third coin will be the blackmarket coin. This coin will be specialized towards illegal transactions with a heavy focus on privacy and security. It will be significantly less valuable than the other two coins but will be kept aloft by criminals and people who want their money and transactions to be difficult for the government to track.
All other coins and tokens will be centered around having a real use.
I guarantee it, in 5 years this will be how it works.

zcoin, pivx, zcash are not enforced privacy. and believe me, ive definitely been around longer than you have.

you dont understand what audits are, because you can absolutely provide proof of assets or payment on monero, and in the blockchain world, everything is voluntary.

and no, "oldfags" (lol) understand that blockchains provide mathematical certainties that don't require a human looking at transactions and coins. its literally built into the protocol.

quit embarrassing yourself. your bitcoin-forked shitcoins are never going to amount to anything.

>for you
Way to prove you are exactly the salty tribalist you critic in your OP.
I will profit no matter who wins.

No worries, once they get LN to work you will will the superbowl, buddy.

I always thought privacy/currency cpin do nothing.
See raiblock/monero
I mean its cool that its supposed to be instant (takes me the same time to transfer nano and eth though) and free but thats it.
You cant use it for anything else. It has no use.

Where in the blockchain does it say I paid for a penis reduction? It doesn't. it says I paid the hospital's btc acct. ffs.

>zcoin is a bitcoin copy and paste with a now deprecated privacy model (that has since turned into zk-snarks) bolted on top. rich list and everything.
Again you don't understand blockchain auditability. Watch this video to understand, it's simple. ZCash may have slightly better privacy (though that is actually debatable as its only real advantage is smaller proof sizes) but it loses blockchain auditability like Monero meaning if an infinite amount of ZCash are created by a bug no one can ever find out. And these bugs aren't that rare. One time 184 billion Bitcoin were created a few years ago and if there were no blockchain auditability no one would have ever known and Bitcoin would be worth zero today.
youtube.com/watch?v=GijBiepK0ws

Forking bitcoin and calling it 'Bitcoin Cash', then trying to claim your shitcoin is Bitcoin, well,, you can't get more salty than that.

Richard Spencer predicated that the markets will crash more this year just like in 2008.. and people will run to USD and other safe havens. So that's not good news for crypto
t. crypto hodler

The main problem with currency coins is volatility. Serious vendor adoption is basically out of the question as long as the value of a coin varies so wildly. Vendors dont care about moon missions or gains, they want to know that come time to pay their bills, a significant part of their income hasn't halved in value. You had limited adoption earlier but that was because bitcoin was seen as only going up, an image thoroughly dispelled by the recent crash. Unless some stablecoin comes around or a coin gets big and spread out enough to escape most manipulation and has its price stabilize, currency coins are dead in the water

what real world uses are any of these god damn coins really providing? they all play at some next level groundbreaking bullshit but none of them seem to solve a problem better than current solutions. just admit this is all value stores used for speculation. if anything privacy coins are the only coins with real use cause people love monero on the darknet markets.

>you dont understand what audits are,
I will repeat the question, what happens if a bug already occurred in the Monero protocol and there is someone holding 100 billion Monero? You have no way to prove that such a scenario doesn't exist and most coins have had bugs that create duplicate coins. So chances are someone has duplicated Monero. But you don't know because you just hope your code works. There is no blockchain auditability. And again with Monero it is easy to bluff your way through an audit as you can't prove where your Monero came from to ensure you aren't just temporarily holding someone else's coins to create the illusion of solvency. Everything done with Monero requires trust. That trust is removed if your coin has blockchain auditability. There is no thing as a trustless audit if you use Monero.

>listening to dicky spencer
>not realizing hes a fed attached to your movement to make nationalism look toxic

You just dont understand that a significant part of Bitcoins community stands behind BCH. Many, even mostly, legit oldcoiners among them who understand Bitcoins history.
Its not one salty Ver who did it as a pet project.

We should all be happy both scaling options are being tested, and as things stand right now, LN isnt going to see mainstream adoption before 2019.

Not being in both is maximum brainlettery.

>Forking bitcoin and calling it 'Bitcoin Cash', then trying to claim your shitcoin is Bitcoin, well,, you can't get more salty than that.
Forking your coin and keeping the name 'Bitcoin' even though it is incompatible with every part of the whitepaper, you can't get more delusional than that.

that's something that again, can be solved with mathematics. "auditability", as you keep misspelling it, is nothing more than a mathematical proof, and has no bearing on whether the blockchain is public or not. zcash was launched with mediocre unready privacy tech, and monero also had at least one instance of possible double spending, but that's got nothing to do with the fact that they're privacy coins, and everything to do with the way the privacy is implemented. it's certianly not a solved problem, but it's not an issue long or even mid term.

you understand that bch has diverged significantly more than bitcoin has when it comes to the whitepaper right?

they're undoing security considerations with opcodes, decentralization concerns with block sizes, breaking the proof of work (undoing satoshi's most important piece of innocation) to simply keep their shitcoin alive, whist also doing nothing to improve the now utterly broken state of sha256 mining.
its just late adopters looking for the "next bitcoin", and people who claim to be for decentralization but instead really just want oversized control for themselves.

meanwhile all bitcoin has done is simply started adding layers on top of the main blockchain, some misinformed people don't like segwit, but there's nothing more insecure about segwit than undoing satoshi's work on proof of work.

investopedia.com/terms/a/auditability.asp
Mathematics doesn't help you bucko. Auditability as I keep spelling it correctly is a huge issue in finance. Companies with more auditability get more financing, so companies will avoid privacy coins like Monero and stick with ones like ZCoin, PIVX, and to some extent ZCash. Again illicit markets are the 3rd biggest market and if Monero captures that its price will be around $50k per coin, so I'm not saying don't invest, I'm just saying it won't be the dominant privacy coin.

monero will skyrocket in april. screenshot please.

>significant
bch has massively outweighed volume from korea, a country with little to no interest in crypto more than a few years ago. it also has no real users and, like most alts, is now just a speculators play thing.

bch is literally only interesting to people becayse of the drama surrounding it, without that, it's a completely uninteresting bitcoin clone, to add to the pile of other currencies that are trying to take bitcoin's codebase, make a few tweaks, and claim it's the next best thing.

I'm holding INT and AST

will I make it?

Jewish shills in full force today.

>undoing security considerations with opcodes
Satoshi didn't remove OPcodes. Core did, years after satoshi fucked off.

>decentralization concerns with block sizes
Big blocks were always the planned scaling solution by satoshi. He even overestimated moores law.

>breaking the proof of work
Nope. If anything it can be argued segwit breaks PoW by destroying the nash equilibrium.

>doing nothing to improve the now utterly broken state of sha256 mining
can't get rid of sha256 if you want to keep the massive securoty ASICs provide.

audit-ability of a coin has nothing to do with whether its private or not, it has to do with mathematical proofs on the supply of the currency, and that's all.

you can not audit a company with bitcoin assets any more easily than you can a company with monero assets. you still need voluntary action in both cases, and when you get it, you can audit holdings with both to the same degree.

vulnerabilities in the blockchain are just that, vulnerabilities, and they only look more sinister in private blockchains because they may go unnoticed, but there's absolutely nothing about a privacy chain that means that has to be the case.

and just to clear this up, you actually think that a coin like pivx has a chance at becoming some major player in the blockchain space?