/smg/ - Stock Market General

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

NRZ starting the morning off with a lovely er

You fat lazy amerifucks are finally wake up

Morning early birds!

I wake up at 4 AM for work

Morning all

It worked for me yesterday, post fat cats for fat gains

Sylvester was being shy last night.

Afternoon, lads.
Germany moving sideways today.

as is my favorite meme stock. Do I wait for their driling results, which either confirms the "fair valuation" of 30c or makes them tank to zero, or do I run with my 200something% now…
Decisions…decisions

And a question for the non-fulltime traders:
does it actually help your returns if you can spend more time researching/buying/selling stuff, or does it hurt your bottom line?
I'm mostly a long term investor, that's just occasionally hopping on some trends but mostly not really caring for his portfolio, but currently I am on a very long sick leave, so I'm laying and sitting at home with way too much time on my hands, but not really a motivation to get some "real work" done, and I think my investing starts to get emotional.

Nice

Nice (2)

Pic related

Not much happening here neither, my own investments are moving the exact same way.

Funny, how the KEK…err CAC and the DAX look like they are very correlated. anyone knows a good site where I can CSV files or something for them? I'd be very interested to get some Pearsson r-coefficients for those.

Posting a smoking fat cat for Philip Morris gains. Hoping my calls get fatter

Keep what you're doing. If you're not full-time, you'll make stupid choices watching the tickers

Who else sold at peak yesterday? Ready to watch the market burn.

Prepare the wojaks

ready for the tvix gains

>keep missing entry points into AMD
i wish this shit woyld crash to 10.50 so I could buy in. People are retarded buying in at 11.2.

It will soon enough

>namefag
Dammit now I know it wont.

AMD going to go higher.

There now you don't know wtf to do.

There are more efficient ways to collect a dividend, but getting money from New Yorkers makes it extra satisfying.

Thanks to the name fag who tipped CATB yesterday.

Only works if its what a namefag actually believes and not contrarians.

I remember keeping an eye on this stock a few years back around $2-$3. Was too chicken shit to to buy a few hundred shares.

It never stopped going up since then.

>never stopped going up
Dont look at the last year's history mate.

when do you guys usually enter on these volatility etfs? just right at the beginning and then hold all day and pray for red?

So lets say for shits and giggles the FED does a really dick move and raises interest rates 4 times this year. Can anybody tell me what the people managing all the Boomer's retirement accounts, who are holding all these equities this close to retirement, are going to do?

$JUMP

wheres that nigga who was gambling on SINA, APRN, UAA

all fuckin winners

I don't think you understood the question. Why would the fund managers jump? We've got to anticipate these events and move our shekels into positions that set us up for maximum profit potential.

Bum rush financials

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

Somebody on Veeky Forums shilled it hard like 2 years ago at 3.50 and i bought in :)

So every FED meeting short the equities and long volatility. Play it sideways in between or trade something else like energy or metals.

RREEEEEEEEEE

Holy shit I'm a winner.

very lucky

Uh excuse me sweeties but the market is supposed to be going up.

MARKET CRASH IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

>as soon as he posts this the rally starts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who /longandstrong/ here?

I got too excited and jumped the gun

So buy bonds and long VIX ?

Don't watch the tickers everday, it is useless for LT investors.

Researching companies before buying their stocks is good. It gives you a price target and won't FUD everytime it drops a few %

>holding stocks right now
The absolute state of Veeky Forums

You're gonna go -60% soon

>Buying bonds here
>Fighting the trend
>Fighting the Fed
>buying the bags of liquidated institutitons

MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

How is your 30% "flat tax" is doing you frog fag

Stocks are more volatile than crypto right now. More opportunity for profit.

wowow good thing i couldnt short, its up another 20% since this

Thank god, this bear trap reminded me that I had a beer hibernating in the freezer. I might have left it there too long.

If you're a trader yes

The gains today will be astronomical

Book it boys, it's a bet.

If boomers' investment slaves get out of equities because of interest rate hikes, won't their money go to bonds instead ?

>Getting out of equities because of interest rate hikes and term premium expansion because of inflation
>Put it in bonds

Do you even understand how the price of bonds works?

>missed the ALN dip again
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

0% tax thanks to my investment plan.

>Bullcucks

Glad it worked out for you

Yes I know
But I also know that there is speculation whether the interest rate hikes will be enough to fight inflation

Oh no you le didn't
You will always pay taxes at the end to subsidize niggers and mudslimes (17.2%)

Fucking AMRS looks like it's going to fly again.

Short percentage is maxed out, and the TA is moving into serious territory. And isn't the ER in a few weeks.

im not fucking falling for it again

Give me the DANKEST memes

>You will always pay taxes at the end to subsidize niggers and mudslimes
Not if I use the plan to start my own business. Got my shit planned out, don't worry.

W-why isn't it doing anything.

Good good

Don't get cucked by your (((jewified))) government

I am a bit mad to invest overseas - so profiting from the work of people living less shitty countries - and see my work and my payoff after risks being stolen by those fuckers

It's the limp dick formation

>Bullcucks actually thought we were gonna have permabull market

Lol, get fucked bitches. Hope your portfolio tanks

Did you some fucking how lose money on amrs recently?
How in God's name did you manage to do that.

You literally have to just buy and hold, easiest stock in the game

I think I found a new fool proof strategy :
Buy VIX on a greenday and sell it on a red day

What about when you have 15 green days in a row?

The tax I'd have to pay to cash out directly my invest would have gone to the retirement fund, and I don't want to feed boomers.

No-stock cryptofag but hopefully this fat fuck will bless all our gains

Is the market going to crash or do we have another 12-24 months left?

I dunno lol

You see that Chad graph that goes optimism, new paradigm? Well the market is going to go like that except down for the next 10 months.

It all depends, can you keep rolling sixes?

You double down and you wait for the 16th day of course

Dear OP

Interactive Brokers is $1 per 200 shares, but the minimum is $1.

A question for the pros: how much should I care about the earnings of a company I want to invest in and/or their P/E ratio?

Some gurus say P/E is everything while others seem to say it is more important to research companies thoroughly and not just go on their "obvious" numbers. Thoughts?

all that fundamental shit is useless

just use TA on the charts

>Cuck not looking for real action complaining about IB's minimums

If you are looking to make money stick with IB if you are looking for a side game use a chumpchange broker.

Since you ask, I non-ironically think than markets will crash 50% from ATH in less than 6 months. But you are dumb if you believe anyone in this place.

But I'm not into day trading user...

Everything I learned was during quantitative easing faggotry. You're going to have to find some one that was in this game before me.

BEAR MARKET AHHH

There are companies with great numbers that are going down.
There are companies with shit numbers that are exploding.
But eventually the numbers have to match the price. but that can be several years after hype (or anti hype) dies down.

that's why the stock market is so great. all the great performers are ticking time bombs, just waiting to drop 7% in a day and wipe out 3 months of profits.

Researching a company means knowing and understanding their business and how they do it.

Next, you try to forecast and imagine what their business will be like in the next few years and if theu have the potential to improve it (CEO's personality, financial health etc)

Once you have a number in your mind, you compate it to the one of the market : is it being too optimistic ? too pessimistic ? Am I wrong in my forecast ? am I right ? etc

My most recent example is TTWO. They have been on a tear since July 2017 and have calmed down since their last earning report.

To justify their current market cap, I find they have to achieve +20% revenue growth while maintaining margins for the next 5 years... am I right ? if true, is it sustainable ? am I wrong ? what am I missing ? etc

Strongest candle since yesterday afternoon.

Get a link from someone in xaviers school, they have different types of value investors, they'll teach you everything you need.

I was in UAA and APRN. Next is GRPN.

>accidentally buy a call instead of a put on SPY
>lose 4k in an instant
Fuck, lesson learned

Market crash and volatility will come but only if you reply to this post with "RISE AND SHINE, MR. BEAR"

JUST CRASH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fuck off bear I want to make money without buying weird derivatives