Veeky Forums plz

So I have $500k and I'm going to cash out. I was accepted to graduate school, but deferred my enrollment to do something productive with my money. I'm thinking a start-up, but I have no ideas. I'm also considering traveling while writing a novel - no idea how publishing would work.

Any ideas Veeky Forums? Troll replies welcome

you probably won't make money on a novel
not saying you shouldn't do it but there's almost no chance of it being profitable.
you might want to come up with a start-up idea and then go to grad school anyway to attain the skills and connections necessary to see it through.
keep in mind how important it is to pitch your startup effectively, if you're just product-oriented you're fucked unless your product is literally uber or facebook.
the people i've known who have been in startups have spent nearly as much time pitching it to investors and businesses as they have developing their product, so if you're not good with people it's not going to work out.

How about a company where you hire pretty grls for x, and then sell their sexual favours for 2x or 3x.

hell yeah. thanks user, appreciate it

please dont be stupid. If you dont want to get into crypto stick your money into a tax free municipal bond fund with the lowest fees. Youll get 4% tax free, then when the market really tanks, dump it all into total market or sp500 index fund.

Continue on with your life as though the money isnt even there and you will retire young and rich.

Honestly I think this is the best I can do. Continue on with life as if money isn't even there. Hmm.

thanks just bought 100k

Consider going into real estate. It's good, steady profit.

Don't do the novel thing, people don't read books anymore so that's like flushing your money down the toilet.

Muni bonds are great but be careful. Lots of times there's a lockup period with them so you might not necessarily have access to them to capitalize on a market crash

Don’t write some shitty novel, 500k isn’t any money get a job and save it

Oh, and stay out of the bond market or anything interest rate related rate are about to blow through the roof (overall equity positive imo)

buy real estate in white neighborhoods

Be a movie producer. We're in post production and finishing up our film to be ready for Cannes this year. We could use an extra 10k for sound, coloring, and final video editing. Email attached. We're in LA. Come have fun.

Literary your best thing you can do is invest in yourself. Invest in health, invest in knowledge.

Meanwhile doing that, make your money work for you.

Honestly this is pretty spot on, with one exception. You seem to be wanting to use some of this money now, or you wouldn’t have mentioned relaxing, traveling etc. Why not do both? Convert a set amount, I.e. 30,000$ to cash, and just relax, take your time getting a job, travel a bit, etc. Not only will this satiate your want for enjoyment of the reward you rightfully earned, since you made It (perhaps) from good moves in the market. But also, it will show you just how quickly 30k will run out and you will be wanting more. That is when you can easily tell yourself, no, and let it earn value and have that enjoyment rationed for later in life when things are less certain and it may be harder to make money, do things like you used to, etc.

explain? was actually considering learning about the relationship between the federal reserve increasing interest rates, the probability of the fed doing so, and the way i can profit from this via 10 year US Treasuries or bonds

real estate? if we're in a bubble and asset prices crash, i doubt this is a good idea. pretty sure a recession is 1-2 years away

how long would you imagine 30k lasting me? Also, appreciate thoughtful response. will def refer to this ahead

wouldn't i want to buy them in black neighborhoods with new construction in anticipation of gentrification?

i was thinking travel, write a book during it, and teach myself computer programming the entire time for shits and giggles before law school

I would move the money into safer investments (DYOR on that, but something like a diversified portfolio of mutual funds and bonds). Real estate is another option, depending on your location, but it seems that we are in a bubble for now.

You still need to work unless you are willing to get into riskier stuff and still live fairly cheap, unless you wanna live 3rd world.

The real bright side is even though you still need to work, you have a lot more room to do what you want without worrying too much about the pay.

I wouldn't do the startup, especially if you already don't have a lot of experience and connections.

You could travel slowly around in cheap countries living on the interest of your money (be sure to set some aside for inflation).

If it's you're not completely autistic, get into something like commissioned sales in something (insurance, real estate, some technical field) since you could go months without a good paycheck while you are learning. This is my plan once I save up a little bit more.

why would i need to worry about a good paycheck lol?

That's the point. A large reason why people fail at commissioned sales is that they can't survive the learning curve where they aren't earning much. You wouldn't have that problem.

nobody wants to read your shitty novel

>real estate bubble
Oh, sorry, I forgot you were probably american and assumed you were in my country.
My bad, if your real estate is in a bubble then stay away.

oh i see

hmm, i could probably improve my social skills. good idea dude

also considering learning how to code/computer programming instead

Stop posting Ray Dalio he's a PRC shill.

That's obviously a good idea to, just whatever you want.
I was listening to one of those OG bitcoin millionaire youtubers, and he was saying to get into Silicon Valley any way possible to succeed in cryptos, insider knowledge and all. Not sure I could pull that off myself, but it's an interesting point. Costs a fortune, though.

If you want to know more about insurance sales, lurk insurance-forums.net. Check out the final expense section.
>make $2000 in a 3-4 day work week without being a total wagecuck selling burial insurance to white trash