Can someone explain why everyone holds XLM but hates XRP?

Can someone explain why everyone holds XLM but hates XRP?

You do realise that entities utilising the stellar network have about as much incentive to use XLM as banks utilising ripple have to use XRP, right?

Not to mention this piece of shit is actually fairly centralised.

It's literally just a younger, lesser-known copy of Ripple except that it's tapping into the ICO platform fervour that ethereum's success has instigated.

Fucking shitcoin

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shekel/
ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it can do everything ripple can do with additional features like smart contracts and ICO hosting.

Why would you buy ripple when theres a competitor that is stricly better at a fraction of its market cap?

Additionally, XLM is more likely to be added to coinbase than XRP because it is more decentralized (a requirement).

No brainer here.

>sell because fairx delayed
>pumps 200 sats in 5 minutes

xrp is different than ripple

\XLM = XRP - JEWS

look at their github and whitepaper
they have smart and keen people excited about the technology building
they would still be doing it if a lumen worth nothing
how many other coins do you know that are like that?

Open Source
Far better distribution
No (((banks)))

I don't necessarily have anything against Stellar itself.

I don't understand why you'd be interested in holding Lumens, they have as much worth as XRP.

I hold both. Both have brought me shitload of gains I wouldn't have had if I listened to all the low IQ cucks whining about them, especially XRP.

Fucking jews you mong

brainlet detected

to bring wall street/banks money into crypto you need Jews & banks. and that's why xrp suckes. beacuse there is no Jews or banks involved. xrp =/= Ripple

You forgot the part where XLM also isn't made by a bunch of Jews.

>Wanting Jewish Banks and Wallstreet in crypto
No wonder you're shilling XRP, into the oven you go.

what the fuck are they planning to do with 60 billion xrp the company owns?

dont tell me their plan is to sell xrp to banks so they can transact money faster

if that is it, why the fuck would banks spend billions on a fucking shitcoin instead of hiring a chink to create similiar technology.

any centralized coin will not survive until 2020. have long term plans u fucking pajeet

I wasn't shilling XRP, you stupid fucking brainlet.

I was simply mentioning the fact that everyone retard loves XLM yet hates XRP, despite the fact that they are basically the same shit.

XLM is a more glamorous XRP, it sucked in the stupid normies who want to feel like they're part of the 'trustless, decentralised' revolution, even though XLM is centralised just like XRP.

I just hate jews, so fuck ripple

>betting against Jews
>thinking you'll come out on top
I thought you faggies were redpilled

[Performance]
-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7.
-Payment channels can process 10s of 1000s of transactions per second.

[Cost]
-A standard transaction costs just 0.00001 XRP.
-The cost is not paid to any party: it's irrevocably destroyed.

[Real-world use]
-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
-Bichip will use XRP in its RFID chips.
-A w3c standard that Ripple helped develop (and was demo'd by Microsoft) will be available in all major browsers, it'll facilitate paying with XRP.

[Economics]
-The supply is fixed.
-Unlike Bitcoin, there's no inflation. Bitcoin uses PoW which relies on inflation and/or high fees. Bitcoin requires $18M of net new $ flowing in just to maintain the price!!

[Security]
-Unlike Bitcoin, double-spending isn't possible. Bitmain (a Chinese company) can rollback Bitcoin's chain and bunkrupt the whole ecosystem.
-An attack could only stop new transactions temporarily. Participants would simply remove bad participants from their list

[Decentralisation]
-Each participant can run a validator and use his own list of validators.
-validators role is to agree on an order for new transactions
-10s of reputable public & private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Bahnhof,..)
-Consensus for the order of new transactions requires a supermajority of 80%

[Incentives]
-XRP is a revenue source for Ripple Labs. This aligns its incentives with XRP hodlers. It uses the revenue to improve the tech and expand XRP's marketshare
-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches on the network. Only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. XRP is sold only to long term investors (i.e., they can't dump)

literally planning to give them to niggers in africa for free

Bless you for spreading the truth.

>XLM is centralised
Straight up false, brainlet. XRP is arguably somewhat centralized due to the nature of UNL, XLM is not.

I'm all in on shekel tho: coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shekel/

so i heard ... i'm sure that'll increase the value lol

It's hilarious to read all these Jew comments even though Jews literally run every bank in existence and probably even this site!

how is that hilarious

Look at that volume! This is a hidden jem

I just explained it, retard. You're dissing a coin because it has jews working on it, even tho i guarantee every fucking coin out there has at least 1 Jewish dev. I think it's ironic

They need to change that logo and burn 50b of the supply

Bank the unbanked. This is going to be the mantra of the next decade.

hmmm ok

They're not banked for a reason, they're retarded with money. All our aid packages go to their ape kings (leaders of countries like nigeria)

Have to do it. Pajeets are fudding it 24/7.

Ripple is a centralized scam by jews and govs to buy BTC,ETH cheap from normans and you like. They can literary print trillions of ripple any time they want.

It is as “easy” to “print” XRP as it is to “print” BTC: you need to modify the software and get people, exchanges, businesses and organisations to adopt the scam against their rational self interest.

Also, the following would happen.
1- XRP's price would collapse immediately
2- Their main source of revenue would be gone.
3- Their reputation, the most important thing you need in this business, would be irrevocably destroyed. No one, not users not banks would trust them ever again
4- they would be sued into oblivion by the institutional buyers who bought directly from them under the fixed supply assumption ( ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/ )

Because it's a literal rocket to the moon and Ella is a qt

Like USDT, kek.

Good post. These non-blockchain cryptos have no risk of somebody going wild with money printing.

That said BTC's blockchain does have additional authenticity proofs that prevent printing. You'd have to generate enough POW to overwrite every block all the way to genesis to create that new BTC.

>BTC has inflation

>print BTC

What are you? Some kind of super-retards? Don't even have proper brainlets for the likes of you.

There's only one entity in charge of printing USDT. You'd have to get basically everybody in the network to agree on the creation of something that fucks up users and diminishes faith in the currency.

I'd say it's a bigger issue for XRP because it's ideally owned by mostly banks and that would leave us at bank control just the same we are now.

I only bought XLM to dump it during le FairX. I think they're both shitcoins tho.

>>BTC has inflation
It's funny how you act all smug while you don't seem to know the basic workings of BTC

banks don't own Ripple Labs, and if they do in the future, they wouldn't fuck XRP because they actually like to make money (surprising I know) and hate shitcoins like Bitcoin which would benefit from such event.

Try harder, pajeet.

In fact, banks have no incentive to make their own network or liquidity token public at all. I wouldn't rely on banks for my crypto's success.

btw, forking Ripple literally costs nothing. Forking Bitcoin requires sucking miners cock if you want to keep the network safe.

can't even argue with super-retards

You are retarded. You need the public to have liquidity. xRapid relies on public crypto exchanges.

You act like that's a positive. If you are making a fucking serious currency / token, you don't want any forks. Do you think USD just forking randomly all the time would work? XRP is still rather susceptible to accidental forks AFAIK, if there's major disagreement the network is fucked.

...liquidity from where? Banks own all the fiat in the world apart from physical cash, that's all the liquidity they need. Make network private -> don't have to pay for XRP tokens, don't have to expose the network to outside attacks, don't have to pay fees, have perfect control over it without random joes and companies interfering with whatever you wanna do. Why would banks use a public network? What benefit does some random company / average joe participating bring them?

Do you know how miners are paid for finding a block? You have no idea don't you?

Yes, it's a positive, if a group of people have a different vision, they don't need have to convince a mining cartel to support it and secure the network. They don't need a $18M of net new $ flowing in just to maintain the price ( to offset inflation). It's up to the market to decide the value this vision.

Pic related is the owner of bitcoin.org and bitcointalk.org

you are the same pajeet that got rekt in a thread a week ago. You are repeating the same retarded points.

xRapid uses public exchanges that trade XRP to source liquidity from speculators and other members of the public who're trading cryptocurrencies for fiat and vice-versa. It pairs trades at different exchanges in real time and transfers the XRP between exchanges.

It automates the following process, which one can do (slower, thereby less profitably) by hand:

Deposit USD at (source exchange)
Trade USD for XRP at (source exchange)
Withdraw XRP from (source exchange), deposit at (destination exchange)
Trade XRP for EUR at (destination exchange)
Withdraw EUR from (destination exchange)
>don't have to expose the network to outside attacks
>Make network private

That shows how ignorant you are. Making it private would make it more insecure. Just as using your cryptographic algorithm.

Long term gameplan for Ripple and XRP ;) ;)

BINGO

Stellar Consensus Protocol. On-chain anchors.

Ah, can't wait for XRP Cash, XRP Gold and XRP Private, they'll sure be great.

I knew the nostro argument was coming, but think about this: All the money is in banks and I don't see why that would need to change. Banks could just use the USD to act as the intermediary currency like they're somewhat doing right now, or they could create a brand new token to legitimize as the new reserve currency.

I can see though that if they don't want the price of the intermediary currency to be affected by the use as intermediary and if they don't want their new token to fluctuate while they're holding it, externalizing the token to the public, letting them decide on its accepted value and then holding it only momentarily for trades could bring benefit to banks. The question still just remains, why exactly could USD or a new bank token still not be the accepted source of liquidity for banks? What's the concrete disadvantage? Every bank would hold as much USD as they please and trades between USD and other fiats would all go smoothly because the network would take care of trading any local fiats through USD to anything else, and there would always be banks offering USD liquidity.

It's not really the token that brings the liquidity advantages, it's the pathfinding between any two banks through any intermediaries. So no more need for banks to hold foreign currencies, regardless of whether they use XRP or not.

>That shows how ignorant you are. Making it private would make it more insecure. Just as using your cryptographic algorithm.
I can't even. XRP is not an algorithm, the network is neither an algorithm. An internal network is by definition safer than a public network.

1.) The opening blocks are missing! 0 -32K (The transactions are still there, the ledger headers are missing)
2.) Ripple Network is Centralized! (No it isnt. Those people dont know how Nodes/Validators Work. Hint: Ripple 0.81)
3.) XRP Coin is Centralized! (Sort of, but ripple keeps it in escrow and its really no more centralized than BTC)
4.) Its not a real crypto! (Its premined and doesnt use POW/POS it uses a concensus algorithm, just as real as BTC/ETH)
5.) Its vulnerable to a 51% attack! (Yeah, so is democracy. The difference is that at 51% attack, the ledger would pause till validators/nodes chose other trusted nodes, BTC frex would just be f--ked)
6.) Its a Bank-sters coin! (Partly but generally we're more for large Financial institutions, including banks and multinational corps, trying to settle cross border payments)
7.) Banks will NEVER use XRP (They already use Ripple's services in which XRP aids in reducing costs even further, something some already do today)
8.) Whales control XRP (No, they dont. We've seen the ledger and who owns what)
9.) XRP will never be over $X because ther are too many coins/marketcap (XRP is trying to solve a Quadrillion $ (yearly) problem. the value of XRP can litterally be anything, no limits)

Fuck...Fairx DELAYED indefinitely. That's the only reason I've been holding this long.

Not really, they already said Q2.
They need to get all the red tape and legislate out of the way first

ok

source?

>Banks could just use the USD
>The question still just remains, why exactly could USD or a new bank token still not be the accepted source of liquidity for banks?

Volatility
Settlement
Counterparts risk
Political conflict (Russia and China are already moving away from USD)
Infinite inflation
Politically unstable
.....etc

>Ah, can't wait for XRP Cash, XRP Gold and XRP Private, they'll sure be great.

Nothing wrong with that. Let the best man wins. I don't expect forks because XRP is already superior and there's little room for improvement.

Bitcoin is already harder to fork and has many forks. Ripple is easy to fork and has a single fork (Stellar).

>An internal network is by definition safer than a public network

it wouldn't be "internal", retard. tens of thousands of entities would need to access the network (banks, financial institutions, ..etc

1- some of these entities are malicious
2- some of these entities will be used by malicious entities

so going private, wouldn't make it more secure, it would just make it less tested (more insecure) and increase barrier to entry (less liquidity, less cost saving, ..etc)

public = benefits of network effect + battle tested

*counterparty

>Volatility
Mmh, not like XRP is not volatile. Using USD would definitely not be volatile, banks could choose to hold it as a reserve without worrying about it. And again, they could introduce any new token if they want it to be public. No strong reason for XRP be the one, it's all a political gamble. Most likely course of action for them is one central entity like a consortium of banks to issue one new "world currency" to work alongside fiat. They'd start pushing it as a global currency and distribute it however they like.

And that's assuming they really want the public to hold the token instead of keeping the token between the banks working just fine thanks to the network's new ability of connecting any two banks through any hops. It's a big speculation that any kind of intermediary token is even needed, it's an even bigger speculation if it's gonna be public and XRP of all options.

How does Ripple even expect XRP to have liquidity when they don't want regular people using it? There's no official wallet for users for god's sake.

>Settlement
>Counterparts risk
Don't see how these are issues with what I described above
>Political conflict (Russia and China are already moving away from USD)
An issue for XRP as well
>Infinite inflation
Not anymore than with XRP as long as the ledger is distributed like XRP.

There's a couple of other issues with XRP too I didn't even bring up yet. The UNL is a point of centralization, Ripple controls it and deviation from it is a security risk. The network handles disputes badly, and can even be locked up until bad nodes are removed by hand. These two are solved by XLM so if banks ever were gonna adopt a public crypto I'd expect it to be XLM rather than XRP.

dude, seriously?

look at the graphs. and compare them.

XRP has nowhere else to go, but down.
While XLM's only direction can be upwards.

XRP had its ATH now, about a month ago. Now it's XLM's turn - all the tech and dev feats aside, in which XLM outperforms XRP in every way.

>1- some of these entities are malicious
>2- some of these entities will be used by malicious entities
Oh and kek at this. So you're saying a significant percentage of the banks joining the network are gonna be malicious? How does that work out?

>it would just make it less tested (more insecure)
Just like they needed to test SWIFT too by making it public?
>less liquidity, less cost saving
I've already argued that this may or may not be a thing. More likely not. How much does the public bring liquidity to XRP? Barely nothing compared to what the banks do. So the price of XRP would practically float between the banks, the public volume is irrelevant. Unless the public brings some significant liquidity somehow it's not even an advantage over an internal token. And like I said the need for liquidity is alleviated by existing major currencies and pathfinding.

Please, go kill yourself.

XRP is a scam and they make no secret of it. It's useless and worthless.

Oh, another thing is that banks indeed don't care about the price of XRP. So even if it was used, the price would reach equilibrium quickly and there's been estimates that a small fraction of the circulating XRP would be enough to sate the liquidity requirements during the short time frame an XRP transaction takes.

Clap clap clap

This is the one interesting thing Ripple is doing. Haven't studied it enough to tell if it mandates the use of XRP specifically for interledger transactions though. And if it does, how's it different than everybody just agreeing to use the XRP network directly for payments and issuing fiat tokens on it? If there's a consensus requirement for ILP using XRP, why not go straight with XRP?

>ctrl-f jed
>0 results
none of you know anything
xlm and xrp are both trainwrecks, but the whole point of xlm is being anti-bank

>none of you know anything
uhu

Explain how is stellar centralised?

>not like XRP is not volatile

not an issue because you need it to hold only for seconds.

>banks could choose to hold it as a reserve without worrying about it

wrong for the many reasons I mentioned above

>hey could introduce any new token if they want it to be public

Ripple already has XRP. It was created even before Ripple was acquired by a company and many people still hate XRP. A coin by banks? no one would touch it. It wouldn't even be listed in crypto exchanges. Ripple Labs is neutral.

Again, in order for XRP to be used for cross-border money transfer, it must be used by the public. It can't be a special purpose token. XRP has many speculators and it will be used for P2P payments too.

> It's a big speculation that any kind of intermediary token is even needed,

it's not. it's a fact. xRapid saves money TODAY, not tomorrow in an imaginary scenario.

>There's no official wallet for users for god's sake

Their priority was to get financial institutions first. In 2018, they will dedicate more resources for P2P payments and other regular use cases like smart contracts.
>Don't see how these are issues with what I described above

a USD token has a counterparty risk. It's an IOU. XRP natively exists on Ripple. Also USD has a lot of laws and regulations related to it.

>>Political conflict (Russia and China are already moving away from USD)
>An issue for XRP as well

No. XRP is not under the authority of any government.

>The network handles disputes badly, and can even be locked up until bad nodes are removed by hand.

it handles it really well. in the very rare event that 20% do something bad, no new transactions will be accepted temporarily. No double spending will be possible. Disputes in Bitcoin result in loss of funds.

>These two are solved by XLM

They aren't. Your shitcoin is a fork of Ripple.

sjw's though. Almost as bad
Just missing an E

>not an issue because you need it to hold only for seconds.
USD or the possible new intermediary token would also have to be held for seconds.

Even better, not only USD has to be the intermediary. USD, EUR, CNY, RUB could all work as intermediaries as well. There'd be dozens of banks making offers on these and liquidity would certainly be sufficient for any fiat-fiat conversions. Without the tiny amount of liquidity a few speculators trading meme money back and forth brings.

>wrong for the many reasons I mentioned above
What reasons? Banks would gain the freedom of holding the intermediary for cheaper transactions (only 1 conversion) without risking volatility like with holding XRP.

>A coin by banks? no one would touch it.
Why? If it's decentralized and the ledger is publicly viewable, why would people not use it when they're ok with other fiat too?

>Ripple Labs is neutral
You mean for-profit?

>Again, in order for XRP to be used for cross-border money transfer, it must be used by the public
Why? I've already listed reasons why that's not necessary.

>They aren't.
>nu-uh!

>Your shitcoin is a fork of Ripple.
Now this is just straight up false. Doesn't improve your credibility.

I wasn't saying either of them would be used by banks except perhaps temporarily, but if one is gonna be used it's XLM. See the pic talking about "central bank issued bridge currency" though. That's gonna be it eventually.

faix delayed april/may
\that is kind of sad

Besides, banks would still likely end up shying away from public cryptos because they decrease bank control. If banks embrace a public crypto that's not in their control, they'll have to give up QE which they obviously won't ever do.

pretty sure i have seen this guy before he is either a shill or has no actual idea of what he bought. he keeps defending it, please leave.

He certainly does seem hell-bent on defending it. It's like he doesn't realize that any crypto is a direct enemy of the banks. They don't want to legitimize one by giving it official support in finance and everyday life and then have people start adopting it in droves and eventually abandoning the bank-controlled fiat because the new currency is deflationary and better than the rigged bank fiat. Would banks do that just because of muh hypothetical XRP liquidity when they can copy it all on their own while keeping the network private and not creating a crypto competitor that's eventually gonna kill them? Seems like delusion to expect banks to permanently embrace a non-bank-controlled crypto of any kind when it's bound to become their competitor.

>salty XLM bagholder

>still repeating the same retarded points that have been proven wrong many times by facts and logic

not going to waste any more time on you, everything I'm saying will become common knowledge soon, the good thing it will be too late for retards like to you to make some nice gains.

The XRP token is still not going to be used by banks though
You have proven exactly nothing and wasted all of our time

Hm, not even trying to argue anymore? I mean it's fairly obvious to anybody that your arguments so far have mostly been much xrapid muh cost savings when XLM can do the same thing slightly better and banks can do it even better still with a private network. What's the concrete advantage that XRP holds here over the competition? You can't answer that.

it saves them money, the only reason they aren't using it now is because of regulations, they said it explicitly.

and I don't care if banks don't use it. 5 institutions are using it. Almost everyone will be using it for web payments.

Tell us, is XRP gonna be mandatory for fees in ILP? That's the only chance at life XRP has.

>with a private network

you have been proven wrong

>when XLM can do the same thing slightly better

it doesn't

>over the competition?
there's no competition. Stellar is a shitty fork. Doesn't match the talent, reputation, relationships Ripple Labs has.

your shitcoin will never moon

no, it's the cheapest and fastest, easy win. Also Ripple is 100% ILP compliant.

>reddit
go back fucker

How exactly?
You literally pulled a nonsensical graph out from under your ass.
There are no indications whatsoever that this is reflected in the current market.
I haven't seen a worse deluded Crippled shill in a loooooong time

You aren't arguing man. You're deluded and emotionally attached to your shitcoin. The truth is neither XRP nor XLM will likely win by gaining voluntary bank acceptance.

I still have a small sum in XLM because at least it has a shot at actually challenging the banks instead of being toyed by them and thrown away. It's rightfully using the grassroot people-first approach. Slow adoption by people is the only shot crypto has, the banks aren't friends, they're enemies. Some people still don't realize that but it's the cold truth.

Oh, and XLM indeed is technologically superior too.

>banks are enemies
>you're deluded

Hahaha. you said enough, really. No, banks aren't the enemy. Some banks are the enemy. Some governments are the enemy. Almost all banks are milked by few big banks. Banks aren't going away. Even if btc/xrp becomes a global currency, banks would provide btc/xrp IOUs.

I bet you don't know this guy. He received the first bitcoin transaction. He's also the earliest Bitcoin developer.

Anyway, as I told you in a thread a week ago (I'm 100% sure you are the same person), banks that use XRP will have a competitive advantage, banks that don't will have no to choice but to follow or they will lose customers, and as I said in previous reply, I don't care about the banks. XRP is winning with or without the banks.

>Anyway, as I told you in a thread a week ago (I'm 100% sure you are the same person), banks that use XRP will have a competitive advantage, banks that don't will have no to choice but to follow or they will lose customers, and as I said in previous reply, I don't care about the banks. XRP is winning with or without the banks.

And the company ripple is winning without the currency xrp. bags inc

What day was this?

True, it would win much more with XRP, same for financial institutions.

Except they'll use Stellar.

Who do you think Banks are going to partner with, some no name new kids on the block called "ripple labs" or IBM?

I'm aware of Finney, and I'm sure you aren't aware of the first thing about keynesian economics, QE, interest rates and the role central banks and FED play in monetary economics. A deflationary crypto voluntarily permanently embraced by banks is an impossibility. It goes against everything they have. A widely accepted cryptocurrency would make private banking increasingly widespread and banks unable to control money. Bank/govt control over money is the cornerstone of our current world economics. There's gonna be a fight against that and banks surely aren't gonna be the ones pushing crypto when they start getting nervous.

Crypto as a real currency happening would straight up put most banks out of business. They would become unnecessary. Tell me, are banks more likely to stay on that path rather than make their settlement network private?

I'm expecting IBM to push XLM as the temporary settlement network for banks Eventually they'll have their own network, though

>"no name new kid"
>already partnered with +100 banks
>proven track record for +5 years
> presidential advisors
>crypto regulators
>prize-winning economists
>corporate leaders
>former heads of major banks
>ex-central bankers
>top-tier NSA coding wizards
top kek. Sorry, son. IBM's attempt to become relevant again won't help your shitcoin much.

Shitcoin? Whats up.
Of all coins, they have the most serious partnerships. IBM is rocking Walmart and Apple. Realise, crypto-as-ponziesque speculation is not a source of gains anymore. Realise, crypto-as-irl-currency is.

Ask yourself, what coin is closest to irl applications (possibly excepting bitcoin, where alot of that is already priced in). Act accordingly.

I ended up going 100% XLM for this reason. Has not dissapointed, easy hold.

>thinks banks and central banks are the same
>doesn't realize that using XRP for money transfer is an internal process that doesn't involve customers at all
>thinks a future crypto IOUs is impossible
>still thinks future of XRP depends on banks acceptance

yup, you are retarded.

>my no name thirdie banks are relevant
every time

Enjoy bleeding out to Big Blue kiddo.