be me

> be me
> watch crypto youtubers who keep talking about "understanding the game theory"
> realize that none of them have actually taken a game theory course or ever solved a payoff matrix for equilibria
> unironically have a background in mathematics, including game theory
> not know how to apply it in any meaningful way to crypto trading
> continue to miss out/fomo too late into the pumps they've predicted
> watch while youtube fags make money and I don't

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fomo is the only thing that counts you robot.

Someone posted an application of game theory to OMG staking rewards on the subreddit. Not really related to price prediction/TA but maybe it could help you get your brain going.

Nigga, if you think that these people really believed they had such really valuable advice to give that then why would they be posting it in public so often?

Instead, they're simply taking the shit slinging approach where they hope something they actually say comes true and it can make them seem like an expert. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and you can still make money by rolling dice to decide on what to buy and when in a bear market.

You are much better off just investing small amounts of money and doing some trades (not getting carried away, set a budget). Honestly, that's been the best "education" I've got from crypto speculation in the past month or so. That and actually reading books on stocks.

>watching crypto youtubers

You're not going to make it

Literally just take the first derivative of a graph and see if it looks sustainable, you have good math knowledge I think you can figure this out

if you are actually 130+ iq learn ta, it works for non brainlets

thepatternsite.com

> Even a broken clock is right twice a day

The thing is, it seems like they make every goddamn call. Idk, I guess they go to crypto jerkoff meetups and get in on short-term trends before the crypto virgins?

> investing small amounts of money and doing some trades

Basically what I've been doing. TBF I had some good trades during the January alt run, then I lost all my gains on shitcoins as the bear market started to evolve (muh moons). Not sure if I learned something or am more retarded than before

OP, you're thinking too much. Forget game theory, TA and all that bullshit. (Ok TA might have some uses in microanalysis). This is mostly psychology. If dumb normies think something is cheap ("muh ripple under 1$? it can be worth as much as bitcoin someday!") then they'll buy in and inflate the price. Etc, etc.

t. PhD in computer science

One of the most autistic sites I've ever seen on TA. Thanks, I'll check it out

>The thing is, it seems like they make every goddamn call

Post yt names.

>tfw I actually did a payoff matrix in my industrial economics course

Feels great man. I dont think it would help with crypto much

> game theory to model market behaviour
> unironically thinking finding equilibria is even possible with a fuckton of players involved
one of the bigger memes out there. Stick to probabilistic modelling please.

Carter Thomas
Crypto Bobby

Pretty much it. Everyone else I've listened to sounds like they're desperately trying to sell me something, which kills my boner

> ripple under 1$? it can be worth as much as bitcoin someday

Are normies really that retarded, though? I feel like this is a meme at this point. Also, any time I try to talk to the normies in my life about crypto, all I get is "muh tulips"

>Are normies really that retarded, though?
yes

Show top 24h gainers to any normal and they will start counting how much would they make.
"385%???!?? I would be millionaire!!!" - normal about 20k market cap token.

> Learning to trade is different to your peasant degree.

1. Mentality
2. Risk management
3. technical / fundamental analysis.

be rich

>Are normies really that retarded, though?
Moreso.
Check out the number of people that fall for the retarded twitter scams... multiple times.
Would make a Nigerian prince jealous.

Gotta think like a braindead normie and beat him to the punch to unload on him.

I dont hink you can really apply game theory per se but the lessons it teaches are greater for understanding crypto and trading in general.
If i am not mistaken that is.

teach me user

Kek I have a minor in game theory when I realised, I possessed this I stopped watching YouTube video

Dumb math nigga the only thing that holds some degree of truth are Fibonacci Retracements to predict support levels, other than that is mostly mass psychology and insider info