What does it feel like to be born rich?

What does it feel like to be born rich?

You can tell how it is by his face

Milky nickles

probably nice but I wouldnt know

He always looks like that. he's 11.

it really is nice, i don't take it for granted

What the fuck? Plenty of 11 year olds will smile and be happy as they kick around trash bags wrapped with tie wraps pretending they're neymar in the slums of Rio.

My parents are relatively wealthy (30m). Granted I wasn't born rich, they were middle class - but by the time I was 5 they were rich. I'm 24 now, running a small business - my parents are and were very good when it came to not giving me too much.

It's just a security net for me. They have started spoiling me a little now that I'm a little more successful.

yeah, but he's stuck standing around posing for pictures around boring adults doing boring adult stuff.

buy some link and your children can tell you

>face like that when he has milk truck
but i came from the dirt and still in the dirt
only crypto can bring me up to par ground with others

modern american children are all zombies now, i don’t think it’s because this boy is rich. too early and too often children are allowed access to the internet. ipads consume the child’s soul starting at age 1.

>They have started spoiling me a little now that I'm a little more successful.
I've noticed that with my parents as well. I'm still not as rich as them even though I've made huge gains in crypto but they don't nag me anymore.
money really does buy respect i think

Kind of in the same place user, just not 30m. Both of my parents were entrepreneurs and decided that although they had a lot, they wouldn't share. I respect the hell out of them for that; I worked my way up and now at 19 I'm making 5k a month doing social media management, and a bit less than that doing ecommerce.

Grow up being taught to never tell other kids how much money you have

Busy parents who think money can make up for their absence

Live in a far away mansion/Luxury apartment with nobody within your age range to socialize with

People automatically dislike you for having an outlook you have no control over

Constant existential dread that you wont ever achieve even 1% of what your parents has

Adults overly nice to you to please your parents

Can't fit in with nouveau riche kids that are overly materialistic, can't fit in with middle class kids because no common struggle

Fake friends everywhere. Gold diggers everywhere. The possibility that any person only like you for your money is always in the back of your head

The few real friends are scattered across the world

>gold diggers everywhere
Implying this is a bad thing

so like, average +?

Fuck your mother if you want to fuck

>implying most of those aren't just rich people """problems"""
As a person living in shithole Philippines, rich people reek of privilege and need to check them.

People discrediting your struggles because money being able to buy happiness is deeply ingrained into modern society

poor peoples' struggles are overrated, shut the fuck up you mud-dwelling vermin

Oh yeah, living with no money, meaning no food, water and shelter, in a country with no welfare so you're basically left to die is "overrated" as opposed to "i have no friends and nobody understands me pls pity me even though I can buy friends with money which are not real friends btw, oh yeah and also my rich parents are the ones fucking over your poor ass by exploiting you and whatnot so I can buy a new iphone X"

pretending to be poor is pretty fun
drive shitty car
wear plain clothes
eat rice, kale, and protein powder
get a gf who thinks you're poor
then you randomly reveal to your gf your financial power level
i've done the old "honey, i think i'm going to go get another postgrad degree because I'm bored"
to
wait to get dumped because i act like a beta bitch to her really needy etc
then buy a condo (sold it recently for 150% of initial investment lol) and invite all our mutual friends and get stephen king to come over seeing her face is just funny to me
next one i think i'll move to upstate new york
and buy a lake randomly one day

i just want a friend to come over and smoke dabs and play video games and maybe drive tandems with

all mine are losers who are afraid to even park downtown and visit

No matter how much you down play it, woman always figure out your financial situation

My dad made 400k my whole life growing up

Once when I was 10 he asked how much I thought he made

Based on the poorfags in my all white public school in PA, I guessed 50k, LOL

He set me straight, and explained what a great responsibility it is for people like us to our town

Someone always has it worse, crying about third world shitholes while downplaying the problems of the extremely wealthy makes you seem like a total faggot. Poorfags love comparing their problems like it's a fucking competition, and woe betide anyone who claims that someone with more money than then could possibly have problems too

My family has a net worth of around 50-60 mil, so I grew up rich but not baron trump rich.

I think overall it’s pretty corrupting, it can definitely sap motivation if you’re not naturally driven, which unfortunately i am not. Got a 600k trust fund that I haven’t touched but man I think about it every now and then.

My parents both grew up lower middle class so I was always taught to never speak about money and keep modest which definitely helped me stay fairly well adjusted. I grew up in a rich area and you wouldn’t believe how stunted and deluded some of my classmates were.

I'm from the PH as well. What part are you from? It ain't a shithole if you live in the nice parts of town :)

>rich people
>struggle

lol

you have all of the same exact "struggles" as any other living being without any of the struggles of other people. do you really think poor people dont ask other poor people for money? my sister is a methhead and asks for money literally every week despite making

Stunted and deluded how? Prove not larp

>spends 4 hours a day shitposting

Waaaaah

You need perspective on what it's like to grow up poor, whiny bitch.

>OP: What does it feel like to be born rich?
>someone answers
>gets shit on
That’s proof enough

Flips are poor because they choose to stay poor. How many thousands of poor as fuck teenagers do you see in the internet cafe pissing away pesos playing video games, when they could be self-educating using the very same computer? How many dumb cunts do you see on their phones texting all day, when they could be reading, practicing a skill, or learning? How many times have you hear about flips ripping each other off and backstabbing for just a handful of coins?

Filipino poor are a despicable lot who inflict the conditions on themselves. But hey, go flick another cigarette butt onto the sidewalk and suck down another liter of redhorse while blaming the rich who are the only people propping up your shithole. Maybe it will get better for you someday.

Unfortunately true. Has a lot to do with the culture (colonial mentality, "bahala na" mentality, crab mentality). Poverty begets poverty and it looks like the vast majority of us will continue to be poor...

>flick another cigarette butt onto the sidewalk and suck down another liter of redhorse

Fuck, the feels.

I. Have. To. Make. It.

so how many millions do you rich people actually have then?

as someone who is now but was not born into it, i would miss knowing how much better it feels to go from average/middle class to rich. if all you knew was being rich, it can't feel that special.

>thread loses steam

>if all you knew was being rich, it can't feel that special
That shit is why some rich families go from rags to rags in three generations.
I may dislike the elite of the elite motherfuckers, but at least they know how to keep a family from going down the gutter.
To do that without selling your soul will be another matter though.

it's also late as fuck

thats mostly because most people are terrible with money though, i'm talking about never getting to experience how much better it is to actually be rich, if you were born into very high wealth from the start.

Fortunate to be born into the top 0.1%.
Personally see it as a challenge to die with more than I started with (a LOT more). Many of my friends just sit back and wait for their inheritance, never striving for success. I hope to be a billionaire one day desu

This

he has the dead-eyed emotionless stare of a future serial killer

Wow the amount of larp in this comment is ridiculous

that's the spirit, kid

how much did you start with? i agree though, after a certain point, it literally turns into a game.

three commas would be nice, but even then i see 1 billion and realize its only 1000 million, a mere 10x away from 100m, and it doesnt seem that impressive to me anymore. probably not a great addiction to have.

I'm not filthy rich, but pretty rich considering our family worth 2 million and i live in 3rd world country.
Life is not so different for me, compared to middle high income family (3-5k/month). Drive my car, buy street food. Everybody have a maid here ($150/month). The only difference is i have 3 maids when most people only have one.

Family worth around $40m. Live in the Philippines so here it's a ton of money. Never really thought of it as mine (although I'm an only child). I wanna make a name for myself and challenge myself daily. Not a nice feeling seeing so many of my countrymen struggle to make it through while entitled brats brag about what their inheritance is going to be.

We have fucked it up on this one. Adults, children, everybody on the phone nonstop. I wonder what effects we'll get from this.
I run a small paintball field and i've noticed a great decline in interest. Everybody became unbelievably lazy and uninterested.

100%

>Philippines
expat or native? it feels incredibly weird being in a first world country, can't imagine how weird it must feel being in a borderline third world one.

Money feels like an abstract concept rather than something tangible.

Its always talked about like ROI this, opportunity cost that. Never as a part of something you need in day to day life.

Disposable income is spent on yourself/family, not to impress randos on the streets. Sustenance is much more important than image. (New rich don't seem to get this part)

means those who can break free of the mindless stream of throwaway entertainment and use the presence of tech to their own advantage now have a huge captive audience of people unable to think for themselves.

Native. Went to an American school for HS and now finishing up my degree at a local uni. Life in the capital feels so superficial. Everyone rolling around in BMWs and Benz's while almost all other places outside Manila live in poverty.

It sucks...I feel empty and I always have the feeling that I have to show my family I can be successful too...it is so much pressure...

i guess i technically fall into "new rich" but i cant stand materialism. the only way it makes sense to me is if these kids are just being given huge allowances, and the faster they burn through them the more money they get from their parents.

feels nice being able to look down on them though.

dont know how they even feel safe doing that, countries like that are rife for "revolutions"

This.

never read so much truth

it's kinda hard to control other people though

I've had family members piss away inheritance money and assets like it's nothing

Used to think the same when I was younger. There's something to the local culture that keeps the people sedated. Worst case scenario, the rich pack up their bags and fly to Aus/Canada/US. Communism really isn't a problem here

nobody is ever taught about money in school, because nobody that teaches, or develops school plans, has any experience.

wealth inequality basically turns wealth preservation and accumulation into some kind of black art.

I'm rich in Brazil. It's really good and weird at the same time. Albeit I'm Brazilian I look VERY white. I have blond hair, green eyes, pretty white skin, and am also tall (6'3, which is very tall here). My grandpa was a famous doctor -- plastic surgeon -- and my parents are just "normal" doctors. Doctors earn a lot of money in Brazil, but most of my family's money came from inheritance and my grandpa's from the dad's side. The weird thing about being rich (and white) in Brazil is that here there really is such a thing as LOOKING rich. I guess in Europe and America there isn't as much of a divide between classes, but here it's massive. You pretty much don't see white people living in slums here, expect for the south.

and not to mention, you teach something that a lot of people are never going to ever encounter in their lives, and if they do, it'll probably be so long since they learnt anything about it, they'd have forgotten it all.

There's a general misconception that wealthy people look down on middle or lower class. Personally I only hear about the stereotypical RKOI types getting bashed at the dinner table.

stephen king is a faggot hack though

it doesnt also help that none of them have any taste in the things they decide to buy anyway. nothing makes you a bigger target than being able to flaunt your poor taste to the world.

>maids
I'm aware it's most likely not like in anime or historical Victorian maids of ~19th century, but... care to share what are maids responsibilities nowadays?
Also, isn't it kinda bothersome to have maids literally helping you with the most menial tasks? Tbh, even if I was filthy rich, I would probably never get used to the idea of having someone fetch stuff or do the most basic things for me.

Not particularly different, if you parents are rich the likelihood is they are smart with their money and demanding. My father was an ex goldmans CEO retired at around 45. If anything i had less spent on me than any friend who was a quarter as wealthy in terms of being spoilt and it was a high stress upbringing. We did go on very expensive holidays all the time but to a kid you'd rather go to PGL or legoland. It did help a lot when i went to uni though, i got two degrees and a phd paid for no question and a house deposit. Im incredibly thankful for that.

I've thought about whether I'd hire a butler if I became rich enough. Something about having a butler seems a lot less weird than having a maid but maybe that's because I've been brainwashed by media

Do you have by any chance a sister who performed in a Facial Abuse episode ?

>wealth inequality basically turns wealth preservation and accumulation into some kind of black art
And now you know why those people worship satan.

>What does it feel like to be born rich?
Like playing GTA with all the cheats on. Gets boring.

Cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry, really. Drivers are also common and so are gardeners. Labor is cheap here. $150-200/month for maids, $300~ for cooks and $300-400 for drivers.

What's funny is expats pay nearly double simply because they're expats. Especially the ones working in ADB.

jesus I didn't know drivers were so cheap
I fucking hate driving so if I make it I'm going to hire one

What's the usual relationship between rich and their maids, gardeners, butlers/their staff?
Is it just a professional relationship between an employee and an employer or is there a bit of/some sort of familiarity?

Maid is just an old lady that does all the chores. There's nothing sexy about a maid irl. If they live with your family for a long time the dynamics becomes like a family friend.

My parents aren’t rich but at least they give me lots of love.

I cannot relate to any of these feels. But this post straight up radiates them, and now I can feel what you've felt.

When you're a child the concept of money is much more abstract and less important. Loneliness is not. It's actually a horrible trade before hitting adolescence. Fuck, man. I guess it's better than getting beaten, but emotional damage is all the same.

When you say butler, everyone thinks of Batman and Alfred.

Definitely some level of familiarity, family even. Our cook has been with us for 15 years (started out doing laundry) and she's practically my second mom.

We have 3 maids, 1 cook, 1 driver and 1 gardener. Essentially our way of giving back is by providing them with financial aid (as opposed to giving to charities).

We pay for their children's tuition fees and help them with their careers after.

I've always been raised with maids, not that i have bad relations with my family. Both my parents work, although mom already retire now. When i was little they always walk with me to school(10 mins walk), i chat with them a lot when i was a younger. My mom even hire a private teacher to one of our maid since she's illiterate. They do house cleaning, cook and washing stuff. Although nowdays i cook my own stuff (dyell). When every task is done they usually walk around the neighborhood and chat with other maids/driver/construction worker or just chill in their room browsing facebook/youtube and watch tv. My family treat my long term maid as a family, and i treat her like a stupid big sis. She works for us for around 17 years now (im 21). She always go with us everywhere, in holidays, sometimrs she even go with us outside the country.
I'll never get a maid i guess when i have a place of my own, since i prefer apartments.

I presume having people like that around has to really be nice when you are rich, especially when you are growing up.
From the outside, it does indeed seem nice.

I agree. Honestly can't imagine how westerners do it. After a long day of work they still need to do household chores and look after their kids. Must really be tiring.

>stupid big sis
Heh...
>I'll never get a maid i guess when i have a place of my own, since i prefer apartments.
Maids aren't common/can't be in apartments?
You mean how normal westerners have time to work and take care of their kids without help of maids?

No sorry.

Shut the fuck up burger.
It's early PM here in ausfag land. God you fucking retards think the world revolves around you.

Yes exactly. Housework is backbreaking stuff.

Maids are common in the bigger apartments (120sqm+) but the smaller ones usually just have their maids come in once a week to clean.

What is a normal day like for a rich person?

We're not self entitled faggots who actually take care of work, our familes, and our household responsibilities. We are tired, we just don't need to hire a peasant to do work that we do ourselves.

You have a lot less to worry about. That is the best way to put it, at least in my opinion from my own experiences growing up with parents worth approximately 20-30M.

Depends on your lifestyle. Either you go to work or sit at home and earn from your investments. None of that Dan Bilzerian type life where everyday is a party.

Depends where you live. Labor here is cheap and the number of maids looking for work is ridiculous. Most don't make it past 5th or 6th grade so they have no choice.. at least people who hire them pay them, feed them, and take care of their families.

Try living without helpers on a 2,000sqm piece of property. Shit would literally fall apart

Nope.
And also i like smaller apartments. Went to university and live in small studio apartment, will never look back. Cleaning only took less than 15 mins a day, and i prefer being alone.

How does it feel being so rich knowing you havent earned it?
You have won the lotterie of life just living life on easy mode. Everything you achieve etc will be worthless because anyone could do it if rich.

And also how does it feel to know that I would kill everyone of you to get your money?

In asian culture, cleaning a house is a big task. Sweeping a 2/3 floor house will take you around 1 or 2 hours. Plus around 30 mins everyday to mop it after cleaning. Cooking traditionally also are a chore, we eat 2-5 dishes in one sitting. For some people in my family there are no way to handle the house without maids ( dad works 7am-9pm, and my mom works 9am-8pm). That's why i choose smaller apartment so i can still handle my home. Plus i like cooking.