"When you grow up work hard so you can become successful"

>"When you grow up work hard so you can become successful"
How true is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/tech-luminary-peter-thiel-parts-ways-with-silicon-valley-1518696120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sounds like some shit they say to dumb normies who will live from paycheck to paycheck.

75% if u know and like what u are doing

5% if u dont like what u are doing

Very true. Hard work matters a lot more than being smart.

What matters even more is people skills. Even in highly technical fields like engineering, at least 60% of any job is getting along with people.

it unironically cost me $1,000,000
>worked hard at job, and then startup in 2017
>ignored crypto because "that's get-rich-quick", no hard work involved
>startup failed, job paid so poorly it wasn't worth my time there

Lesson: work just hard enough to have money to bet on opportunities with assymetrical upside.

I'm almost 30 now and every year that goes by I see more and more truth in this.

I rejected this idea for most of my youth and felt sure natural talent or just fucking destiny would take me to where I deserved to be.

Fuck that. 90% of those people I have met who I think are successful worked their fucking asses off for it. Like 12 to 16 hour work day shit 6 days a week.. for fucking years if not decades.

There are a few fuckers you'll see that got lucky or were born into it. Those are the people who flash their wealth and success, because they need validation.

Real success, self made, hard work, blood and sweat and sleepless nights, that shit validates itself. Those people almost never show off.

Don't sit around waiting for lightning to strike because chances are it won't.

>so you can become successful
Working hard can get your recognition in your cities industry, sometimes.

Success is more about either networking or breaking out of the same path everyone else is on.

Are you saying buy DRGN?

working hard doing what is the real issue

Little lies for little people.

False.

Am teenager. What do I dooooooo

Work hard for yourself, don't sell your time.
It's good but incomplete advice.

38 year old here. I make 98k US. If you want to work hard you can be in the top 10% of wage earners.

It's not a meme to work, it's just a choice. I have over a million in assets but three kids and a wife. Most people wouldnt consider me rich but I'm a baller compared to most of my peers.

Working isn't that bad....dress well, stay in shape and when you get to my age the men will envy you and the women all want to fuck you. It makes being at work enjoyable somewhat.

I understand the appeal of the neet life too

True of you work for yourself. If you work for a boss and you're not a partial owner, it's a good way to get fucked in the ass

what asymetrical opportunities are there besides crypto? asking for a friend

Drugs and slave trade.
Slave trade is pretty big now.

Enjoy the time you have and give yourself as many experiences as you can. Do things because you enjoy them, but think carefully about whether they take you anywhere meaningful.

This is a crucial point. You can still have a wage job, but make sure you're accomplishing something for yourself with at least some of your time.

Last thing is be creative. Sounded like some hipster shit to me for years, but honestly the reward and the drive from putting yourself and/or your creation out there is invaluable.

A good investor makes more money while he's asleep than a hard worker will ever make.
Capitalism is a brutal IQ test.
Most of us have to grind for starting capital but after that if you can't make your money do all the work you need to get your shit together .
I respect guys who start real businesses and work long hours but you need to kiss a lot of ass and be lucky to go that route.
Fuck that, Speculation is the patrician play.

Working is a fucking joke, I have NEET friends who shitpost about niggers and normies all day while they just made what the average full time wagecuck would make in a year in a week.

90% true

Not true at all. It's almost all what you are doing, not how hard you are working at it.

>"As you grow up work hard on networking and making many high value friends - so you can become successful"

that's basically the truth and the real secret. Many McBurger flipping faggots works harder than most high paid Company people I know

If you wait until you're an adult to start working hard at being successful you've already fucked up.

>get to my age the men will envy you and the women all want to fuck you

eh not really. First you need to be attractive, then second, you need to be not unattractive. I got you beat in salary, home, wife kids and no one is trying to fuck with my ugly ass.

it's 100% true, but 99.99% of the population mistakes effort for hard work. you can grab a shovel and dig holes all day and it will take a lot of effort, but that's not hard work, just dumb work. if you make a honest effort to identify the problems of society and solve them, you can generally monetize that to riches. you could also skip the "do good" part and abuse the system, but frankly unless you're a brainlet this is a higher risk maneuver in the long term. providing real value keeps you flexible no matter what hardships happen in your life

right - this guy knows. I would also add another strategy - think like a business owner or a manager - think what it is you would like from an employee. I'll just give you faggots some answers - they want a well organized person that follows up with shit to completion and makes their lives easier - do this and you will be a high value employee for many firms/companies.

tl;dr - identify a sector, learn the skillset of that sector (ask people/make friends), be serious and get legit project management skill (this is important - if ANYTHING be good at this).

one more thing - this was true during Obama, not sure if this will be true going forward - Around business people, always pretend to be a Republican even if you are not.

This honestly.

Digging holes is still less dumber from a natural perspective then compared to sitting down all day looking at a screen.
Your body is the most valuable thing in your reality. Not saying that everything else is worthless but nothing is worth as much as diet/sleep/exercise. Even billionaires do these same things because they're that valuable.

working smart > working hard > being smart

100%. If you aren't a Republican, you're fucking up. Also, ignore all women in the business place. Not worth getting #MeToo'd.

/thread

Working hard can be done in anything and everything. Wage jobs, this is done by being a disciplined employee and taking every opportunity to climb the ladder, something most people don't do because it requires doing more than the job description. In crypto, the equivalent would be to research heavily and not rely on your emotions and subjective thought when making investments rather than rely on advice from a seltzer lovers image board.

Do what the rabble are not willing to do, and you will be successful.

isnt it safer just to be apolitical?

It makes you look like you have no conviction. The man with no opinion does not matter.

how to you know if the people you work with are libs or Rs ?
wsj.com/articles/tech-luminary-peter-thiel-parts-ways-with-silicon-valley-1518696120

if a billionaire has no chance at survival what do i have ?

It depends entirely on what you mean by working hard. If you work hard by learning about how to save money, invest, stay out of debt, live within your means, etc. then you will do what is in your power to be well off.

If you work hard all week so you can buy a state of the art car, drink yourself silly on the weekend, and treat a girl to biweekly restaurant trips, then you're going to cripple yourself. You'll be squandering the fruits of hard work.

So it depends. It depends on how smart you work as well.

Youth is important and I'm a fuck up who will most likely graduate uni with a shit grade and get nowhere. It's too late for me to change that and I don't have enough capital for crypto. I do think you shouldn't spec your youth slaving away, you need to enjoy life a little, travel or do something u enjoy. People who got money while still being young are the ones who you should envy

I want to get rich so that I never have to explain or justify myself to anyone.

kek
probably startups. But honestly it's still crypto. You will not get another sector, for a while at least, that allows you to invest on a seed-fund / VC level with 1-5% of your savings, which could translate to an early retirement in a few years.
The other option is to start a startup, but you basically need to take similar risks to crypto, whilst putting in massive efforts, and exposing yourself to a variety of other risks (people, burnout etc)

You have to see it as new knowledge. That is, knowing more about the people around you- competitors, coworkers, bosses- is always a good thing. In the case that being a Republican, Conservative or anything right of center in an environment full of inconsiderate liberals, you can leverage this to your advantage with new opportunities.

It's very unlikely that absolutely no one around you is like-minded, or at the very least welcomes a different mindset. But if not, open yourself to the possibility of changing where you work, who you work with, and for whom you work. I don't want to keep speaking in generalities, but you can network with your political allies and create business that way.

50 years ago true.

Pretty true. Don't have any education at all, yet due working hard and not being an insufferable cunt I'm pretty wanted. I don't even apply for jobs anymore as employers just call me. That said, it took 10 years of work, beginning with shit tier jobs I can never do again.

it's ideal to be apolitical if it never comes up. In a regular work environment sure - but I'm talking when you make it to the next level and are rubbing elbows with owners of companies where you stand to make millions from them working with you.

From my experience, almost all of these types of guys are Republican and they hate Democrats with a fucking fierce passion (they are fucking triggered like nothing else by shit like unions, having to pay workers higher wages, giving working benefits, having to have diversity in the workforce, giving women paid leave for being pregnant - lets not even get into how much they have to pay in fines for OSHA and/or EPA related shit they do. Trust me when I tell you if they think you are the enemy they will treat you like the enemy.)

I used to just say shit like "Imagine how much more business opportunities we would of had under Romney - it's crazy" - they would all agree then they would get into a circle jerk about Obama and I would find a reason to excuse myself and come back in a few minutes when they moved on to another topic that wasn't politics. Even the black dudes pretended to hate Obama in these circles. (I knew they were pretending because we all laughed afterwards how we had to front about it)

Meh, your probably either fat or look like you have aids like every other other autist on 4 chan. There aren't a lot of ugly fit people out there and THAT is fully under you control and yours alone. So shame on you for wasting all that otherwise great potential

Its only true in the fantasy world boomers live, so its fitting you posted a fantasy creature in OP.

>It's very unlikely that absolutely no one around you is like-minded

clearly we are on different sides of the political spectrum but you speak truth

well, I think I was pretty clear when I said I was unattractive - not fat, I just look like a nerd, but i's mostly because I am a nerd.

Go to college for a difficult major. Graduate summa cum laude. Get a high paying job in a competitive field before you graduate. If you can do that, you’ll set yourself up for life. If you can’t, then you need to develop discipline, intelligence, or both. Good luck, I don’t envy you.

kek
Even if you're full blown Nazi or Commie, you'll be able to find common ground on certain key points with some people, is what I mean.

should be "while" you grow up, why start late?
the term work is not restricted to the meaning of wagecucking

Wagecuck ethics right here.

Hard work makes your boss money user. You're basically a shitcoin to him.

Be smart. Get money, invest, pay other people to make you money while you relax. Both easier and more effective.

was true, not anymore
the american dream is dead

As in starting a business? Doubt most people can start a successful business even if they do save up enough capital. Otherwise u need lot of money to get big profits in crypto.

Hard work and people skills both apply to investing and starting a business even more than they apply to wagecucking.

They forgot to say "and don't be an obnoxious irritating autist" since they thought that was a given.
It's why so many anons fail. No amount of work and effort will make them likable.

Its true, people are just idiots and think it means being a wagie and working for someone elses life instead of your own

Guys who go above and beyond their job description are kept at their jobs. If a person is giving me 150% why would I shuffle stuff around. At least that'd how it is in software dev

you'll be successful...

for a slave

Yep. I saved for a good 3 years thinking I couldn’t invest in stocks cuz I needed to pay off my student loans.. then a new guy comes into work and eventually shills me on crypto around LTC $20 and ETH $60. Pretty much since then till now I’m all in crypto and I expect to retire within 3 years. Fuck conforming to the reality of beta normans. I will be able to fully realize my raison d'être sans wage slaving.