Just got approved for a credit card

Just got approved for a credit card.

What's the best way to build my credit score within a year?

use it every month and pay it off every month. treat it like a cash account

Max it out and never pay any of it back. It's a dominance display creditors will fear and respect you

p. much this, I pay off the entire balance every month before the bill and my score is great.

You won't really get to go above 750 until your credit account is at least 5 years old

my old highschool history teacher said you use the card at for example walmart to pay for your groceries, and then after paying immediately pull out your wallet and give them cash. i am 90 percent sure he was jewish

A little confused about this.

Do I pay it before the end of the month or do they send me a bill and that's when I pay it off?

when they send you the bill it has a due date and the ending balance for the last period. you pay that amount off.
usually the bill comes a week or two before the due date. unlike crypto, payments take some time to clear so you want to pay at least two days before the due date.

Ok cool thanks!

Don’t do it. Why take on debts?

100x bitmex!

Have over 50% on the card utilization pay down every month. With this trend they will do auto-balance upgrades which will lower your available credit utilization. Missing payments is a quick way to low score city, but making them on time is a slow way to gains. The number one credit score factor is length of credit history. I think the second is on time payments and third utilization %. So use this method to grow if you can. If you can't use it to pay for gas or rent then pay off in full before interest.

You can find cards with no fees and cash back. Think of it as selling them your consumer purchasing data for 1% off the price of everything.

I'm thinking of it using as my debit card as I need to build credit.

haha you must be a dumb fucking burger
Being allowed for a credit card and bulding a "credit score" is so 2000.

>Being able to use leverage is a meme
Have fun paying cash for your first house gainlet

Increasing your income and net worth is a lot more important than building your credit score, but it doesn't hurt to have a good credit score, and it's not hard to build that up

credit cards are much safer to use than debit cards too. Getting a false purchase removed from a credit statement is a piece of cake. With a debit card you have to fight with a bank because the money is already gone

just LOL
I am not living in America and that´s a good thing!

>unlike crypto

haha

>tfw my credit is 830 and I do nothing but occasionally use my card for pointless things.

I honestly don't even know what to do with the good score

Don't use it to buy things outside of your budget. Just use it for things you were going to buy without a card anyways, like gas and food, and then pay it off so that the account balance is $0 at the end of each month.

Aren't you supposed to wait until the statement comes out? I was under the impression if you pay it off immediately it doesn't help build up credit. I'm a noob to this shit so I may be wrong

unironically this

Pay it the second you use it you ole whipper snapper

Mixture of these two newfags. Follow these steps..
1 never ever ever trust anything you can't personally verify yourself.
2 max out your card and make the MINIMUM PAYMENT. That's Right, MINIMUM. Why? Because cash is king.
3 increase your limits as often as possible.
4 Aquire specialty cards. You need one card linked to your bank. The other should be like a Home Depot card. Like your fun card I guess.
5 repeat step 3
6 educate yourself. Credit is only a small aspect of money. When you truly understand money, you will naturally understand credit by extension.
7 Elevate those you can

credit? why? all money is debt, when you use that they print more money, you are devaluing your countries currency, buy crypto with it to make crypto worth more! they are not loaning you any 'money' you create it when you use it, you don't have to payit back.
just get into crypto and buy things cash

>2 max out your card and make the MINIMUM PAYMENT. That's Right, MINIMUM. Why? Because cash is king.

Horrible advice. Having a small balance and making minimum payments on your card does build credit. But maxing it out and paying out what you spent from it over time is an awful idea.

Paying the Jew is how you build credit. It's hard to track what you're doing with COLD HARD CASH IN MY HAND EVERY MONTH. Or you could list this fag..

maintaining a 30% balance is the best way to raise credit. Don't have late payments.

Ok once I pay the minimum do I pay it off the next day or still keep it maxed out and pay the minimum every month?

I'm getting 1 year with no interest on my card.