Why can't you just lift air instead of weights?

why do you have to lift weights? think about it. let's say you are bench pressing 300 pounds. well you have to squeeze your muscles really hard and push. but couldn't you do the same thing without the weights? couldn't you squeeze your muscles just as hard and push just as hard? and then wouldn't you get the same effects that way without the weights? so why the weights?

did you mean to post this here?

i stick to biz and need to know the answer

really zabbles my wonkers

FAGGOT

You know how the empty bar feels lighter than a 45 lb plate? If I made a 1200 lb bar that was like a football field long could I lift it and say I have the deadlift world record?

Dyel london

no resistance no gains kiddo

>mfw this thread is making me autistic

have you ever tried it?
answer is not easily explained for the retarded so don't bother asking here, I am trying my best though
It is much easier to push against something that is there than it is to push against something that is not there, if you don't believe me try it yourself. Try pushing against something that isn't there and you wont be able to push for long. If you manage to believe in yourself long enough you are probably retarded.
If you want the real answer in text I'm sure someone has written about it, I mean this thought occurred to me when I was 6 years old in the backseat of my mothers 9 year old honda civic someone else had to have done this before.

You don't have to lift weights. You plebs just don't have the degrees of consciousness needed to achieve this, even if you can semi grasp at it abstractly.

It's hard to contract your muscles hard enough without having the weight there to push against or pull on

no overstress, no overcompensation, no gain

read a god damn book OP.

>isometrics

god tier - convict conditioning

Well if you are just looking for growth then you can use a lighter weight and flex more; without any weight or using such a small weight its meaningless leaves you with no resistance to really focus your muscle against.

Now that is only for growth, you wont be working your stabalizers, muscle memory, coordination with the rest of your body, or probably even strength; so youll be a wet noodle, but you *could* be a (big?) wet noodle

you just invented isometrics

lifting weights activates your CNS which tells your muscles to contract at a level beyond what can be done with your mind. it is very difficult to "tell" your CNS to "tell" your muscles to contract at will with enough power to cause micro-tears because your CNS doesn't want to hurt you no reason

all of the people calling this dumb are faggots pretending to be knowledgeable. actually you can increase strength doing flexes/holds, you've discovered ismoetrics. Lifting weights is better though cause your body won't let you flex like it will against resistance of weight.

On another note, you can get plenty fit with running, pushups, pullups, and pistol squats. This is what the military does, most martial artists don't powerlift either. if you want to be aesthetsikk then ya weights are prob your best bet though.

Because we aren't Baki.

I’ve done this for a while. It’s called dynamic tension. It’s actually hard, but yeah, you can get serious results from it

I cant tell if this is trolling or not
t. 3 pl8 bench

has to be troll thread.. A bigger muscle is stronger muscle. You dont get strong lifting air. (light weights is a meme unless youre on gear)