NULS whitepaper discussion

Can we have a serious thread where we find out what z's shitcoin actually does?
>nuls.io/pdf/NulsWhitepaper1.1.pdf

First of all, wtf is a microkernal
secondly
>open-source and transparent nature of Blockchain
do they actually know what they are talking about? What's decentralised is the public ledger, NOT the blockchain itself.
Since Z/ oracle shilled for this let's figure out whether it's a scam, non-brainlets welcome.

shh, not yet

forgot to mention, accumulators counter-signalling not welcome

>has team members named Reaper and Moonlight
Kek. No thx

shhh

shh

That’s badass

>8. Credit Rating
>The crediting system is the coefficient that is used to determine a user’s integrity and
trustworthiness in the network. Credit ratings are between -1 and 1 and are
automatically calculated based on the behavior of the node using the credit rating
algorithm.
>Credit Evaluation Formula:
>Credit Cardinality = Coefficient of Capacity + >Coefficient of Duty
>Coefficient of Capacity: Calculated based on the number of blocks generated in the
past
>Coefficient of Duty: Calculated based on violation cases and accuracy of blocks
generated

Shh

>Government.

you shhh
EXPLAIN THIS SHITCOIN PLS

shhh I'm still accumulating

Breathe

shh

lol let them stay mad, i can tell this is going to be an even more interesting place in 2018 than /pol/ was during the 2016 elections

yup

if we have another 10x bull run most of us are going to be rich af. the average Veeky Forumstard will have over 100k without larping

>/pol/
>interesting
>2016 election
you are one of those boomers/ plebbittors aren't you?

just sitting here, waiting for 200usd eoy 2018 NULS with my 15k nuls stack.

Delete this OP. Stop shilling this faggot.

NO

Put NO

Put hate type finger

HEY

Put finger down

Breathe with z

Ooooooh

Aaaaaah

Good

Now watch

Don't even buy

Just watch

It's a thread to talk about a whitepaper, IDGAF what you think about Z, why can't we just have an objective discussion about actual technology on Veeky Forums for once instead of endless counter-signaling and price speculation?

I'm jealous user. Just got in after z posted - a few hundred was all I could grab (in too many other positions I don't want to exit ).

this

lol, been around since /b/ in '08 in my early college days

This is the one.

breathe

>10. NULS Smart Contract
>NULS has a built-in smart contract virtual machine (NULSVM) that is structurally between the external service module (e.g. RPC module) and the underlying infrastructure module (e.g. network module, storage module or account module).
>It also supports various higher-level programming languages to cater towards the developer that wants to develop in their desired language and compiles the program through the interpreter so that the VM can understand and read the application.
so basically it's chainlink but normies can use it?
That's what NULS is right? But why does it need a token, I don't get that for chainlink either. Spoonfeed me.
fair enough guess it was exciting for some

Let me sum it up. Oracle is a brainlet. He recognized a inverse head and shoulders pattern on the BTC and thought the price would go up and it did. Now he believes he is some kind of genius for predicting BTC would go up so he thinks he's intelligence applies to other coins too. He read an article on how NULS won a competition beating out NEO and decided NULS will be the next NEO because of this. That's how we got to where we are now.

SAY SOMETHING OBJECTIVELY USEFUL ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF JACKING OFF OVER HOW THIS COIN WILL MAKE YOU RICH

z laugh out loud

biz ask z

HEY

HEY Z

what coin?

Z tell savior coin

just

shh

breathe

watch

Nuls is a customizable blockchain in two parts: a microkernel and sub chains. The microkernel is a minimalistic software module that controls a network of customizable sub chains. The sub chains are designed to be developer-friendly and will be available for public, private, or business consortium use. The sub chains have smart contract functionality and the ability to communicate with each other to create an ecosystem of information. The idea is that an individual or group can create their own blockchain without having a ton of expertise. Holding 2,000 Nuls or ~$5,000 worth will grant a user the right to run a node. Each node will receive a credit rating calculated by an algorithm based on the number and accuracy of blocks generated. Sub chain operators will be required to pay Nuls tokens.

lmao

you need 2000 to stake your tokens. 20000 to run a node. BUT these numbers are not yet decided for good. They are in the yellow paper but they still can go lower before main net.

The whitepaper has a lot of grammar errors, but is mostly OK. My impression is that the English community leads are non-techical and that the founder-developer can speak but not write tech jargon in English.

The microkernal is software that handles events, services and the IO for core modules. It probably also implements cross-chain consensus. I'm guessing it probably has the smart contract opcode, but that will probably be modular too.

The core modules are (subchain)consensus, network, storage, news, account, account book. The core modules can have different features though. For example, the consensus module can be PoW, PoS, or whatever else makes sense for that subchain.

So, yeah, the microkernal is the main chain functionality, plus plugin points for the modules that people download and glue together to implement the subchain that properly mirrors their business case.

>open-source and transparent nature of Blockchain

This is retarded and their English marketer doesn't understand what they are talking about. The whole point of NULS is to set up open source module repositories so that a C-tier developer could read through some documentation and translate a business into a subchain by downloading some modules. Nuls has a developer fund to pay people to add to the repositories and a slow roll-out of modules that they'll be adding themselves.

The writer is retardedly conflating blockchains and ledgers with open source projects like Drupal. It is clear that row 2 of the team page has a few brainlets.

IMO the coin is not a scam. Whether the team can actually do it or not is the issue. Moonlight and Davi Yang have particularly weak looking experience, but maybe the other 3 are good enough to build a third generation China ARK.

Also, China is all about stealing and mashing together other country's ideas. NULS is the epitome of this. This coin is so fucking Chinese.

>trying this hard to be edgy

get some rope NEET

sweet
>20000 to run a node
holy shit so you literally have to dump 50k into this at current price to even be able to use it? That's even worse than how NEO can only send single units of tokens. I guess this node operates to ideally make profit when other people use it or something. Still, that implies a limit to the price for it to be usable. if it's $200 EOY like people are saying, that's 200*20000= 4 million buckaroos just to have you own blockchain
thanks, this makes a lotta sense

Since this thread is dying I'll sage and just add that yes, the whitepaper is garbage- conclusion just adds a bunch of seemingly new points that don't follow from the rest of it and the main use case is hard to dig out for a reader. But they will possibly have a working product by July and their roadmap seems reasonable. I might make another spoonfeed/ discussion thread tomorrow about the value of the coins and use cases