Serious LINK thread

Okay let’s have a serious LINK thread for once where we talk about project and don’t meme newfags into buying mobius. Specifically on the topic of competition and use cases.
Currently ChainLink has no decentralized competition. That means no other blockchain-agnostic, decentralized oracle network. Mobius doesn’t count because it only works on stellar and stellar is a joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

ori.network/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Origami-Network-Whitepaper-0.1.pdf
coindesk.com/metropolis-today-shifting-plans-ethereums-next-big-upgrade/
create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/a92b6ba7238ca7c420a1ff0d5f8ba286
create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/ac345213037240b1bfeaf32c7aae0ba7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cont.
Centralized competition exists, but as far as I know it’s not blockchain agnostic so is LINK even bigger gem than we realize?

That sounds right to me, yeah. It's just a matter of the project being done right and then adopted.

it's all about the initial sub-market LINK goes after. It needs to establish itself where it beats existing solution by a factor of 5-10x in cost/time savings. The most talked about one is the derivative trades between no more than two parties, entirely data-driven. Establish itself in that market, to build a robust network effect, before expanding to adjacent markets like insurance, and eventually trade finance.

Here's another one I saw today:

ori.network/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Origami-Network-Whitepaper-0.1.pdf
pages 17-18

Other thoughts gathered from the Origami team:
>Depending on the demand, they could use ChainLink between the carriers API, and payment API, to automatically pay/refund users based on delivery or failure-to-deliver

It's all about:
>secure API / data-feeds for inputs
>secure payment messages for outputs (Bank payments, PayPal for retailers, cryptocurrencies)
Secure end-to-end, tamper-proof, unstoppable financial agreements, in a world where there already exist agreements that can be 100% automated with objective data feeds and payment outputs, if only they were 100% tamper-proof: hence ChainLink. It is an elegant solution if there ever was one.

These basic points need to be reiterated until it sinks in: this is the solution for connecting the legacy world to the promise of DLT and smart-contracts.

Tech wise I think Link is part of the big three already.
Btc= Decentralized store of value (for now)
Eth= dapps. Great development tool but limited real world application because we need real world data to communicate with the blockchain.
Link= Decentralized data feeds from the real world to the blockchain.

I am delusional or someone else thinks this way?
I'm not talking $10 link or whatever. The price of the token might remain the same for all I care but if Link pulls through what they are trying to accomplish this thing will be huge and help a lot towards mainstream adoption

Not FUDing here but I have some concerns about ETH implementing oracles, taking a chunk of link's value proposition. This is old news but just digging it up now.

"A new feature for embedding transaction return data in receipts will make it possible for light clients to determine if a transaction was successful or not without actually executing the transaction in a virtual machine. This will also affect off-chain tools."
coindesk.com/metropolis-today-shifting-plans-ethereums-next-big-upgrade/

This is and will be the key problem with LINK. Hoping for good news at the conference.

Guys serious question here. Is 1k link enough to make it?

Ty ty ty

They won't be decentralized.

Since you've posted this and because I see people say things like
> it links all blockchains together
pic related to ground things on reality a bit. We're getting a lot of serious threads about LINK lately, not sure what means.

That will get you just one dozen lambos. sorry

The thing is that Eth is not going towards being a fintech solution as long as ether can be mined by everyone and hard forked every time Vitalik feels like it it won't be touched by big players even if they accomplish the same thing that Link is trying to do.
Not to mention the fact that the Chainlink Devs have most of the supply locked for said big players and most likely will give them a good chunk of the supply for free to get the network going.
Or perhaps I'm horribly wrong and Eth is the link killer

So you're saying the fintech providers will be more focused on hyperledger solutions?

Close your eyes, try to clear any thoughts you are having
Take long, slow, deep breathes and put all your focus and attention onto your breathing
iiiiiiiinnnn.................... ooooooooooooouuuut

good. Do this for a few minutes, then -
VISUALIZE yourself becoming rich through your LINK investment
ANTICIPATE the things you will buy with your new found abundance of wealth
IMAGINE as though it is all happening now in the present moment, for the present moment is all that truly exists
MOST IMPORTANTLY
FEEL the way you will FEEL when that moment comes and you make it!
Open your eyes, look in a mirror, and recite these affirmations (use/add your own that is relevant to the reality you want to create once you make it)
I AM WEALTHY
I AM LUCKY
I AM A MILLIONAIRE
LINK HAS MADE ME RICH
It's important to do this when you wake up and before you go to bed, but do it as often as possible. Also hold the image and idea of us making it and LINK being worth $1,000 or more in your mind as you fall to sleep.

If we do this collectively my LINK brothers, the power of positive thought from a strong community such as ours will allow these desires to come true and manifest into reality, there is absolutely no doubt about it.
Keep believing anons, I love you all

Awesome, can you do the magneto on throne as well?

Having worked in finance for a long Time I can tell you these institutions are deeply invested into their legacy technology and will not adopt blockchain any time soon simply because the investment required would be too large. The investments into these legacy systems represent decades of effort and billions of dollars in some cases. Many legacy system are Frankenstein’d together with base aspects of them being incredibly archaic which is not easy to port over to a DLT solution.

So what does ChainLink provide? A method in which these institutions can utilize Smart Contracts securely, save millions/billions annually because of the processes they can automate, AND they get to keep their legacy systems. It’s a gravy train and I guarantee you there are many NDA’s becaus anyone with half a brain knows Sergey has pretty much been guerilla marketing to get data providers and institutions on board.

Think about it like this in regard to price as well. Sergey is busy making these deals. He is more than likely asking these partners to run their own nodes and provid data and he can say “the tokens have not appreciated in value significantly, we can make cost effective purchases for you to run you nodes (and you will make a shitload of cash when it DOES appreciate)”.

This is why there is no communication or hype. Sergey is busy networking and if we went around with a fucking pumped up token that was already $10 these institutions would laugh. I understand the BIG BOYS probably get free tokens from the 350 mil that is locked up in the top top wallet, but not everyone is going to get handouts so in that case the token needs to be affordable to get people on board to have a strong main network.

$100 EOY

how about these for use cases:

create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/a92b6ba7238ca7c420a1ff0d5f8ba286

create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/ac345213037240b1bfeaf32c7aae0ba7

Anyone who's done enough research understands that as long as LINK is the only network that can pay via the ether network but work with hyperledger every other proposed solution, whether mobius or zen or eth oracles is DOA.