What is the utility of this coin?

Seriously, Litecoin is just a copy and paste fork of Bitcoin with a 1/4 block time.

With Bitcoin transaction fees / mempool continually decreasing, why does Litecoin have any value whatsoever?

Micropayments will be made possible with the lightning network on Bitcoin so that use case for Litecoin is made irrelevant as well.

The dip is done for the hour/day, pls fuck off you can buy more now fudster

No rational counterarguments - just as I expected.

litecoin is fast and it just works. great for sending tens of thousands of dollars between exchanges. community is friendly (not filled with liars and assholes - bcash). that's why i always use it

Bitcoin is gold
Litecoin is silver

There will be only 2 cryptocurrency left at the end :)

None. It's been a scam from day 1.

But Charlie was cunningly able to get it listed on coinbase, it has a silver and shiny logo, which plays into the "silver to BTC's gold", there's a chicken theme surrounding it -- who doesn't warm up to a chicken -- and soyboys love it since it's not the white supremacist coin.

It's created to be digital silver, so it does exactly what bitcoin does except it's silvery - or to be more precise ... just buy it from me.

OK, I'll explain precisely: BTC is minted only in 5kg bars, which is too expensive for some, but LTC comes in 1.25kg bars, which makes it easier to transact with for the common people.

it's good for transferring funds between exchanges, that's it

How is it better than xrp?

What kind of animal is that user? How much does it cost (LTC/LBS)?

Litecoin is faster, has less expensive on chain transactions, has more decentralized mining, Litepay (use VISA to pay with ltc), it will get the lightning network first.....

I could go on, but if you want to FUD or rage at litecoin, have fun.

LTC hodl'ers will laugh longest, and last.

Ask yourself this. Why is nobody making a coin with half the amount of coins of btc and a 20 minute block time?

Answer the question and youll figure out the answer to why LTC is valuable

Also key: Atomic swaps between BTC and LTC.

That lone would make it undervalued at this point, given the huge $ in BTC that will use the fast and affordable LTC network to transfer funds.

Noice

I forgot about MAST. Litecoin has so, so many valuable features added to it at this point it is hard to keep track.

$5000 LTC by end of the year. Minimum.

only thing I've used it for is to transfer to an exchange and then buy bitcoin with it

and why didnt you use another coin for that?

used to be a cuckbase norm

dogecoin is copper

"I'm proposing an upgrade to Litecoin with a soft fork that will let miners signal their min accepted fee in the block header. This will let a fee market develop without having us decide what the min fee is. Will also make it easier for users to estimate fees. More details later."

-Charlie Lee, creating a perfect free market for fees that prioritizes the usage of LTC while still rewarding miners.

The guy is taking every step to lay the foundation for Litecoin to be the crypto for payments. You store your wealth (gold/BTC), and when you go to the store, you use spending money (silver/LTC).

Seriously, why do you think it went 100x last year? Figure it out, it will do so again.

You can't get into Tyrone's mind with those fancy words user.

LTC has smaller blocks, so XRP fees are always going to be higher

You Litebrains believe in the least useful coin, 2.5m blocks have high orphan rate.

By the same reasoning BTC should have exactly 1:4 price ratio. If you're willing to explore this futher you'll find the LN makes the coin itself useless over time - it's really just a p2p network for messages, but it loses all the scarcity of all the coins it'll link together.

Doge is meat.

BTC is more secure than LTC.

The proper ratio between the two is about 1 BTC= 5 LTC.

There will never be a 1 to 4 ratio due to lost/stolen btc and satoshis wallet, cmon son

>LTC = 1/5 BTC
/myprophecy/

Yeah it was eerie that his webbots picked up the same thing.

BTC deserves a premium because it's the true gold standard, first mover, etc.

But LTC is comically undervalued.

2ND mover advantage. It is like the Pepsi of coke beverage.

Yep. Or coke and diet coke.

I like the Diet Coke analogy. KEK

Yep.

In that same analogy, Monero=Mountain Dew.

>But LTC is comically undervalued.
So is silver really, but that doesn't mean that either o the two will see a price increase anytime soon.

> BTC deserves a premium because it's the true gold standard
BTC is a shitcoin, and LTC is it's lite version. Why would a normal user choose it over xrp? BTC has less utility than Doge, and LTC has nothing but Blockstream's endorsement, and the moment they chose to move to the LN they became ponzies.

Litecoin is a normies dream coin

You nailed it
see

XRP is a centralized, fiat nightmare. There is literally no limit to how much can be mined, and your funds can be frozen or destroyed at any moment. It is controlled by the banks we are trying to escape.

If you want to own XRP, have fun. You will be burned, and burned badly.

its literally a less bloated bitcoin.. ltierally useless

Yes, you're right. The #1 and #5 coins in all of crypto are useless. The billions of dollars poured into them are just a major, years long oversight.

Idiot.

>Bitcoin is gold
>Litecoin is silver
But the reason we have gold and silver is that if you are wealthy and doing high value transactions silver weighs too much to use, but if you are doing small value transactions gold is to valuable and of small mass to be used. Does Bitcoin have more value/mass than Litecoin? Didn't think so. Your correlation is retarded.

>Ask yourself this. Why is nobody making a coin with half the amount of coins of btc and a 20 minute block time?
>Answer the question and youll figure out the answer to why LTC is valuable
The answer is that such a coin has no use as the difference is meaningless. But with that answer I get the answer that LTC has no intrinsic value or use-case.

unless you want to consider the difference speed of transactions between the two coins the relative value/mass factor

But no one is buying BTC/LTC to use it, only to Charlie Lee it on the next sucker.