/smg/ - Stock Market General

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

I'm gonna go all in on UVXY

I'm never first

I hate the weekend

maybe one day user

I sold all my shares of WMT last week at $98.50 like a dumbass. I've been in the stock market for about five years and I have consistently underperformed just about any index. I've maybe kept up with inflation.

me too i get bored. i just started a small handyman business out of boredom just so i can do shit on the weekends.

I bike around looking for stuff to sell on eBay on the weekends. It's good exercise and I feel productive doing it.

have you considered doing bollinger band swing trading?
Its like 5 trades per year on the SP500 using only bollinger band,, its how a lot of people make a living

have you ever been to an antique auction or a silent auction? i have some auctions by me they're pretty cool and can find some dope shit for cheap.

Crypto > Stocks

You stock cucks will never make it. Pic related.

Nah, I live in San Francisco so people are always moving in and out of the city. People just dump nice things out on the curb all the time.

STZ my dudes.

>have you considered doing bollinger band swing trading?
i just have a list of 10 tickers and charts that i give my 4 year old nephew and ask him what 2 he likes the most and then i flip a coin from there

oh then yeah id bike around too. Auctions are fun though with all the bidding and commotion, people get crazy over it, especially the old ladys

Sure beats my strategy of just asking some one in this thread to give me a meme to throw money at.

Do you find stuff on the ground or buy things? Sounds awesome man. Most people's hobbies are partying, if you can enjoy exercising and making some extra money you're on a good path

i sold google at 600 after holding for a year with no gains.
The next day it pumped to 700

It still baffles me how the stock-cucks have been watching us make over 10x our initial investment and they continue to be complacent with 8% gains/year. I don't get how they live with themselves

My strategy is to check out craigslist's free section and try to get there within 40 minutes of any new postings. I kinda have a route as well when there's nothing good. "Boxes of stuff" are usually the best finds.

Is BTC in presqueeze phase again?
The LARP is getting thick.

the current configuration is super bearish for BTC for any sort of long term low you need a real retest and hold of 6k

shit sounds fun, how do you get the stuff back to your pad?

i have more crypto than you and got in earlier.
shoo shoo daily brainlet

Thanks to the Nikkei mooning I was finally able to afford a new figurine

Because neither of you have made shit. You both lost your ass playing with meme coins and come here to make yourselves feel better.

Bike with a milkcrate. I try to aim for computer parts. Easy $20 to $60 per item. Never bother with books. CDs are good when they actually sell but they're slow movers. I found a ton of jewelry, but I seem to be just hoarding it. Never sells despite everyone extolling the value of gold and silver.

I was thinking about adding 3M to my portfolio but it's $237.66 which is a little overly pricey for me so I was thinking about ETFs, are there any good ETF's that pay dividends that maybe have 3M or something else that is super consistent for dividends?

I just buy whatever name sounds the most mysterious and fancy.
Considering pulling the trigger on AKAM and LGF.

Look at the dividend champions list

you should really check out auctions if you are into selling things online.

where do you usually sell things? ebay? craigslist?

Check out KTOS

A FUCKING HOLIDAY WEEKEND AGAIN
They just keep hitting us with this shit

$10 spot price on Natural Gas come Tuesday. Screen cap this.

So what're we gonna do Monday for /smg/? Should we larp something to get the coiners freaked?

eBay, Etsy, Gunbroker, Amazon. Depends on item and the profit I can make. I sell everything and anything. =)

Honestly I'd be in crypto too if I could actually access my BTC wallet. That's the one reason I'm not into it.

they're definitely dumb enough to fall for it.

well I dont know about you but I trade CFDs and futures sunday, rest of the world is still trading

what do you have most luck with? have you tried offerup?

i sometimes sell shit on craigslist but so many scammers out there

Anyone here that has experience with holding leveraged ETFs long term?
How bad is the friction.

USA #1 broski

ok boys whatre your weekend Holds
>Natgas
>Silver futures
>ATX

Is holding SPXS (SPY bear ETF) for the weekend a good idea ?

Something tells me that this is a crowded trade and with the luck I have SP500 will soar on tuesday...

Stocks being pricey/number of shares don't really matter. All that matters is how much money you put in it.

Like that one $237 share of 3M going up 5% is the same as 20 shares of AMD worth $237 going up 5%

are you admin of the SMG threads or something? can I recommend you add 1broker to the list? It gives pure coiners and opportunity to trade the markets
(also Im slightly worried they will become illiquid because they never promote themself)

Dollar is going places.

They're all about even. They don't pay the rent but they cover my bills and food. Amazon has high fees, but someone always seems to buy something. Ebay is good but people are cheap there. Etsy is good, but I'm selling pinback buttons so it's like penny costs to me, selling for a dollar each. Gunbroker is just where I go to trade parts. I actually profit a bit off extra Glock and AK parts when I have them.

I avoid selling on craigslists. I've done it a few times selling things like cellphones to soccer mom types at a Starbucks, but I never feel 100% comfy doing it. Never know what to expect.

To hell. Mostly.

Oh yah, I'm the guy that trades stocks for rent money in the last thread. I probably should get myself a tripcode someday.

>are you admin of the SMG threads or something

lol no. anyone can make the thread here. (even you). Make the thread Monday morning and add it to the list

i've had my ups and downs with craigslist. I rent out my apartments on there and they usually work out. I've been trying to sell some antique furniture there and just get scam after scam

I'm longing PLUG & KTOS

Got out of TVIX when I had the chance to profit, too much stress.

So no bearish bet for you for this weekend ?

I know. It's hilarious watching them fight over 1-2% gains, while we catch 50-100% gains like it's nothing. hehe.
if you did you wouldn't be screwing around with stocks. nice LARP.

Only one larping here is you, post proof otherwise.

t. Stinky no-coiner

exactly you have no proof, go help your mom with dinner.

t. stinky no-coiner LARPer

i have stocks, crypto, real estate and other investments you wouldn't really understand.

You are only fooling yourself if you think the people itt aren't also in other threads shit posting about the shitcoins they're holding.

coming in here talking about crypto makes you sound desperate to get people to go to crypto market because everyone knows money has been pouring out of crypto lately

This is the best strategy I've ever heard
Amazing

We don't need to larp an /SMG/, the whole board is going to be a salt mine of wojacks when the entire market capitalization of the crypto market is down 25% on Monday,

When the dollar collapses, crypto hits a total market cap of 1 trillion EOY, and 5 trillion by 2020, you'll come crawling to me for a handout of a few satoshis (1 satoshi = $1 2020)

Bears lose 2 weeks in a row

Nikkei futures at 21900

/SMG/ is mentally the healthiest thread to be in all of Veeky Forums imo. Need that mostly positive human contact when I'm pushing numbers on my computer.

That's because the people who come here are at least 18.

I suppose not, though I still think the market will fall next week. KTOS has weathered the market volatility quite well, and was awarded an $81M contract from the defense department, as shown in the release today. Micro-Systems incorporated, aka KTOS, who owns them. Average analyst target is 15+. I recommend you buy KTOS before market close.

PLUG is just a wild card bet, I think it is undervalued.

i unironically agree with you if you have some crypto do yourself a favor and lighten up a bit here

If crypto ever makes up 13.5% of the entire global demand for currency I will eat my dick.

Dropped 20k into BOIL.

Should have 2k to scoop up next week.

BIASED

thats because the financial assets that are being traded here are actually attached to something real.

Every crypto thread is like on repeat, "muh technology" "lambo land" nothing of value is ever really said in crypto threads just a bunch of pumpers that are causing a wave of blind pumpers

Except LINK, of course.

I get the feeling that the natural gas meme is gonna blow up in peoples faces next week.

if Natgas gaps down on sunday its time to pull the trigger

the range is a ticking time bomb
As long as this isnt the LAST time it hits this floor, w-we're gonna make it

The greedy part of me is saying go long SPXS because a correction usually comes with several bottom testings. By that logic, there is a huge chance a sell-off would be happening again.
But I want to buy SPXS on a whim which is almost gambling. I think I will pass.

Thanks for your tips but I don't buy stocks without DDing them first. But I will look into KTOS for sure.

I dont think it will test that bottom again
fundamentals from previous bullrun havent changed, the correction had a clear cause and now its passed

Well this has been an uneventful day for me. I stayed even for the day but I'm up for the week. Headin out now, see ya guys!

Understand that. I think you will like them, I have done DD on them, that is why I like them, and why I have been shilling them for most of the week.

Hope you are right

But nevertheless, I was considering buying SPXS for the wrong reasons (gambling). So I will pass.

lmao nice end of day sell off

Not going to get rich off of it but buying Ford when it is this low is easy money.

have a nice weekend yall

don't do anything i wouldnt do

Weed had a brief bull/bear battle in last 15 minutes. Bulls won. Tuesday should be green after this week's ~7% sector dip.

Bulls are gonna die on Tuesday

So... that means do anything right?

Have a good weekend everyone!

I have some shares from 11
I was gonna average down at 9

I'm too brainlet to do futures

Is the BOIL ETF a good way to play natural gas?

I remember checking KTOS's financials on Morningstar.

I passed because they haven't been profitable for quite a long time and have a lot of debts.

I will look into it more closely again.

So what bullshit holiday are you fags gonna have on Monday?

Have a nice weekend.

Don't go shoot up a mall or something just to prop up BGFV

Amin Dada Memorial Day

is that right

Id say yes but should HURRY
Just got the buy signal, it may pump until closing time in one hour

Should I invest in weed now

You should get a job.

Family Day. The most half assed naming of a holiday ever. You'd think they'd name it after some historical something or other but nope.

Robinhood available for UK yet?

No drugs are bad and you should feel bad