/fg/ frugal general

Frugal Thread: Easy tips for saving money

>go to fast food restaurants for your kitchen essentials: free plastic spoons, forks, knives. napkins, salt, pepper, sauce cups, etc. this is especially easy when there is a self-serve condiment station

>only flush your toilet once every few times you use it. You can get away with about 2-3 shits and countless urinations before needing to flush and adding money to your water bill

>take a backpack to a local universityl to blend in with the student body. go to the bathrooms and steal the toilet paper from the stalls. At universities the tp rolls tend to be unlocked. This could also be utilized at fast food establishments. If the tp dispenser is locked, just rolled out as much tp as possible

>eat at restaurants for free! Mexican restaurants usually serve free chips and salsa before you order. Outback steak house gives you free bread and butter before your meal. Go into these dining establishments, get your free appetizer, and when the waiter is away get up and walk out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z68tH-lnK60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whenever your tempted to waste money imagine that cash going x100

>Buy chainlink
>Price singularity happens
>Don't have to steal napkins from McDonald's like a gypsy anymore

some tips from previous threads

>drive at night with the headlights off to save electricity
>Take off a week before Christmas and drive around picking up delivered packages while the homeowners are at work
>skip the toilet paper. just use a cloth rag or a sock for wiping and just throw it in with the laundry when it's too dirty
>give blood or sperm for money
>go into stores and use their deodorant for free
>grow your own food

If I was as poor as you I would kill myself.

I love using the self check out to buy organic produce. Like last night I bought organic broccoli, but I weighed it on the scanner based on the price of regular broccoli. Saved $1.67. That's some more crypto right there

This is all you need, I do this with exactly that multiplier

Lol these are actually useful tips if you're a real scrooge/seriously short of money.

>tfw have sufficient amount of money
>tfw still want to do all of this just for lulz
>can't justify doing this because living in a poor country that i would be ashamed to do all of this
feels bad man

I completely agree with jewing the self serve scanners. People lost their jobs by being replaced, only fair we take their increased profits in the form of free goods.

My trick is weigh a heap of goods as watermelon, usually 8 pack of Gillette razor blades, $50 down to about $0.08.

i live by an elementary school
sometimes the food deliveries are just dropped off around the back entrance
so far this past year i've scored
10kg of chicken
5kg pack of minced beef
5kg of meatballs
5kg bags of salt and pepper
and two 20kg bags of potatoes and one of rice

who else /frugal/

saved about 300 usd in january by eating healthier and cheaper food (no junk food, drinking only water, etc)

made a small re-entry with that money at 6.5k
now btc is at 10k

boy do I feel good

got some more advice

>to save money doing laundry, never wear clothes unless I go outside the house. I only do laundry once every 6 months now

>pretend to be hot gril on tinder, flirt with guys and get them to deliver pizza to me for free

>when at restaurant always ask for extra lemon with my water, then use sugar packets and squeezed lemon juice to make free lemonade

>put out mouse traps.. cook the mice I catch

>go to apartment communities with ponds at night and snap the neck of geese and bring them home and eat them

I actually did the toilet paper thing, when I was a student.

Thanks good advice. I got banned from my local golf course after they caught me hunting canadian geese during the evening. Gotta sneak back in these days.

>go to various drive-thrus on foot
>look on ground beneath window
>there could be a bunch of change people have dropped

>literally stealing food from children
Veeky Forums

>be me, 15
>earning $200 a week
>feeling comfy af
>no savings

fast forward 15 years
>be me, 30
>earning $1600 a week after tax
>still spending all of it

current day
>be me, 31
>earning $2000 a week
>saving $1000 a week
>stopped buying clothes and junk food and beer and drugs
>literally saving $1000 a week

>go to fast food restaurants for your kitchen essentials: free plastic spoons, forks, knives. napkins, salt, pepper, sauce cups, etc. this is especially easy when there is a self-serve condiment station
Thrift stores and 99c stores. You can get almost every home thing you need from both, and just clip coupons for groceries. I eat well for like 25 bucks a week in Cali

>only flush your toilet once every few times you use it. You can get away with about 2-3 shits and countless urinations before needing to flush and adding money to your water bill
Good advice. Don't flush piss

>take a backpack to a local universityl to blend in with the student body. go to the bathrooms and steal the toilet paper from the stalls. At universities the tp rolls tend to be unlocked. This could also be utilized at fast food establishments. If the tp dispenser is locked, just rolled out as much tp as possible

I do this lol

>eat at restaurants for free! Mexican restaurants usually serve free chips and salsa before you order. Outback steak house gives you free bread and butter before your meal. Go into these dining establishments, get your free appetizer, and when the waiter is away get up and walk out

Chips and bread is not a meal. If you wanna eat out just check local happy hours. There's a difference between frugal and creep

Steal toilet paper if you want, but the best places to start saving money are the big things.
>no car, walk or bike for travel
>live with parents or at least share if you're renting
>never eat out, prep all your own meals, don't eat too much meat
>don't drink alcohol or smoke
>no heating (or at least lower it), wear more layers

Some smaller things I do
>cut my own hair
>cold showers

you can save a fuckton of money on ciggies by going on daily bumper runs, so much tobacco just laying around the street particulary by malls and such
im a heavy smoker and i dont run out of tobacco
grab every single butt you see and jizz when you see how much is actually there

Damn I thought I was cheap. You guys are practically living like the homeless.

No shit right, I'm buying store brand shit these fuckers are on a whole new level.

That's not frugal. You're just fucking stealing.

you can also get a job and shit there

I just shit in my neighbors yard

We can thrive on practically nothing. What we consider as normal now is very excessive

also learn to shoplift
most of your money gets spent on food
for months i lived on steaks and cutlets
i had the gaymer headset fingers could take and the worlds largest blueray collection
that video store closed down i feel kinda shitty about that but i just tell myself it was because of netflix, i couldnt afford internet back then so bluerays kept me sane
i stoped a long time ago tho it can get stressful
its nice to walk into a shop just pay then leave

>go to restaurant and order food, when the waiter isn't looking just walk out
>hire taxis if you need to go somewhere and run away when you reach your destination - works good if you get out a couple of blocks before where you need to go
>wear old clothes to the store, change into new clothes at the store and leave your old clothes there. This works with shoes too.
>look for unlocked bikes and ride away on them. You can sell the parts.
>go to supermarket and eat the food before the checkout, works good on fruit and also milk and pre cooked foods

you still spend 4k a month.. that's way too much. My expenses are probably like 60-70 eur a week max.

That is fucking foul. Just... wow.

You wouldnt believe the amount of food people leave at the food court tables on shopping malls, its like a free all you can est buffet

>mfw when I’m gonna get fuckin rich off this

I live in the Midwest and live comfortably on 2k a month. Some of you are fucking savages.

Dude that lives across the street from my apartment building comes over and clears out the butt bucket every morning goes and sits on the curb and smokes all day.

what in the fuck i thought this was a business board not a homeless board you people are fucking disgusting

underrated post

You guys don't actually do this right? I thought everyone on Veeky Forums is phd in maths 300k starting.

Also this is the onlt legit advise:

Watch the show Extreme Cheapskates for more good ideas guys

>dumpster dive behind restaurants for food
>pick dandelions to eat for dandelion salad
>go to the butcher and buy animal heads for cheap meat
>cut off your water to the toilet & piss In the tank. >flush the collected piss when you shit
>check coinstars & vending machines for change
>sell your underwear to perverts online

i didnt come here to get a lesson on morality, reddit
i came to discuss cool tricks for a frugal life
finders keepers

Forgot link. Here’s some inspo
youtu.be/z68tH-lnK60

I stoped worrying about crypto when i learned this sad fact
Im never going to make it with $200
Im thinking of just going back into jewing the system, for 6 months i didnt spend money on anything but rent
It was a kind of power money cant buy
Learn to shoplift everything and you will see or feel what i mean
Its like you exist outside the system, the rules dont apply to you
Just dont be a dick and rob small independent businesses. Just stick to woolworths and ebgames, big ones like them

Start a frugal thread on Veeky Forums, stal th ideas and compile into a book to sell

wow who would of thought you could save money by not buying drugs and expensive clothes

>Piss outside in the garden

im never gonna get Veeky Forums huge eating like a skelly