People who hold more than 70% in altcoins read this

As you can see altcoins relative to Bitcoin is just in the single digit, you'll soon see this go to the high 20s and some coins will eventually have a 40% drop in a day, this was back in November when Bitcoin was rallying.

Okay now lets look at the top of the picture, 36.6% Bitcoin dominance, that is so low for Bitcoin that used to be around 60%, altcoins right now are very expensive relative to Bitcoin still.

Now Bitcoin dominance is slowling going up over the course of the week. It only went up by ~2% and you can already see people crying about their altcoins, when you see double digits increases for Bitcoin dominance you'll see the regret threads, Bitcoin shills and FUD thread at full force. As usual remember what happened back in November.

nah normies are in altcoins now too, they're just buying BTC with fiat first to get back in

Is this true? Should I sell my alts?

Taking advice or even considering what people are telling you what to do on this board is generally bad.
We're not in a market where everything went up like it did in december/ early january

bit coins has a long way back up, we don't need ATH to spark the jets, i have predicted 15k will be enough to do it. if we launch it is straight through ATH to 50, alts will not survive. if it fizzles there are no survivors.

You will be guessing the market sentiment either way

why does Veeky Forums not use adblockers?

Bleh I sold them. I'll rebuy at $11.5k resistance.

I agree $15000 is the physiological barrier we have, trading bots manipulate the market so much.
Simply put guys, if you stay in altcoins then you bet against Bitcoin not going up anymore. you can see this isn't a Pump and Dump, its a slow organic growth with minor drawbacks at the physiological barrier marks E.g. 8k 10k

Because they bought PRL

Woops wrong picture

some sites are worth supporting with ads

Its a bit too late for that.

BTC dominance hasn't been above 50% for a long time

BTC is a shitcoin, it's just the biggest shitcoin.

I predict that ETH and BCH pumps will actually suck dominance away from BTC.

haha any day now haha

>he fell for the ETH meme

Sell now, buy back when BTC starts dipping. Alts always take time to catch up, if you time it right you can literally double your gains by riding both waves.

not if you're invested in alts that have working products and actually provide real world usage other than just fin.

Thats kinda risky

Nice try but that doesn't exist.

I sold all my alts after reading this, totally makes sense as to why I keep bleeding out. now i'll hold till next resistance when we'll see a mini flood into alts.

How so it's literally assured. Sell you alts and set rising stop losses on BTC. BTC goes down, you convert back to alts, you've just made X% greater alt stack.

Good luck and stay strong.

nothing is assured

>What is death

The thing is, the last couple of times Bitcoin went up (post december), most alts followed along. This is why I haven't sold my alts.
Right now there are many alts that are raising in sat value as bitcoin is going up.
On my portfolio, right now 2 are going up in sats, 2 are sideways (increasing usd value at the same rate as bitcoin) and just one is tanking in sats (but preserving usd value at least).

BTC is an alt you fucking mong

Bcore autists say this every time Bcore goes on a run.

You could literally say the same thing with just about every other coin when they have their own runs.

The only time I was in the negative satoshi wise was last November when BTC had its final run.

The fact of the matter is, nearly every single coin in the top 100 outperformed Bcore in 2017. That's just fact. But the Bcore autists still think it's 2013 and most alts will fail. They will not.

>Crypto noobs come in
>Sees bitcoin price and think it's too high
>Buys altcoins
>Crash happens and get burnt
>Realizes 99% of altcoins are complete shit and buys bitcoins
>Repeat when bitcoin hits new ATHs

of course eth has done more tx in the past 24 hours retard, it's faster and has more apps on it. You seem to forget that literally all other coins are based off of BTC's value, which means alts tank when btc goes on a rally.

Some people in this thread take my post as offensive, it wasen't mean't to be, if you don't like it move on and hide the thread no need to get heated up.

newfags time to learn some shit
by the time assholes start posting this shit during a btc rally it's already too late to sell out of alts
they will also tell you to buy back in too late

That's why you FOMO into BTC then go back into alts. You will increase your stack, guaranteed.

Biz told us to sell our alts, so now I'm sure that we should hold it.

Im a lobster fag

It's working out so far. They all tanked after I sold.

>if you time it right

Pretty much this

I'm new to this but I realized what was happening way too late, I would have had to pull out of my alts like 3-4 days ago and that was when btc was still on shaky ground (around the mid-high 8k mark). I've already missed out on btc gains and my alts already tanked so it's useless to try to catch up now, I'll only end up like those people who sell at a loss only to buy the top. The other thing is I was expecting some serious news so I didn't want to sell and then wake up the next day to see my that my low cap alt went x2-x3.

My fuckup didn't cost me a whole lot because my portfolio is small but if it does get into the 5 and 6 digits I can't make this mistake again.

You sound like reddit desu

No I am not Biz, I am just a single person that browses this board. Honestly though, a few weeks ago was a very good time to sell most your alt holdings. As usual I hardly make trades, only a few big trades, massive changes in my portfolio from alts to Bitcoin a few weeks ago and haven't made a trade since then, just riding it out doing my things in real life no worries.

I've actually noticed the the price ratios have been off. I think OP is right.

But the reason is because alts are the future, and if the algo's stop trading them, it does 2 things:

1.) Shows what the public really supports.

2.) Makes you give up so they accumulate the good stuff.

Dominance is at 36.8% right now. You guys think it will go much higher than that? I hold the believe we won't see it above 40%, therefore I did not exit my alts.

I wouldn't know what that means since I don't browse reddit

My friend, although you should of indeed your alts earlier you need to look at the bigger picture, take a good look at your altcoins on a 1 day timescale and see the potential drop.

Pic related is just Ethereum, there's a massive downside potential for it to drop.

well you would know what he means if you browsed Veeky Forums.

>bought TNC VEN and bnty dip 1 hour ago
>it keeps dipping
>5% down in sats
W-Will it keep going down?

A lot has changed as normies have continue to catch on to binance. BTC will have its fun going to 15-20k, but solid Alts remain to have the highest upside.

Don't trigger taxable events by jumping back and forth between alts and BTC. Load up on solid alts, and if you have "moderate upside with stability", you're better off buying AAPL or BABA instead of BTC, considering risk-adjusted return.

Bitcoin will literally die if it gets to $50k and everyone knows it. Transactions would cost $60+ and confirmation times could be days.

btc didnt really go up post december. it was people pumping alts while btc slept.
and op is correct. when btc pumps everyone dumps alts and rides btc. it just matters if its happening now or just teasing.

What about amd stock?

I know there's a lot of potential for it to drop but I'm not going to sell them now, I've learned that the more trades I make the more mistakes I make so I'm going to live with this one and hope things don't get much worse.

I know some people here are way too obsessed with reddit and think every thing is reddit, I just don't care