get rich or die tryin

been here since 2006-2007, i'm 31 now, wew

was 2006 before or after .net i cant remember anymore

>2 decades
So you've been here since 1998? Really?

2007 for me. Winning at life!

Yes. Most of the time.

Nope link bags are comfy. They're laughing now but our time will come

I was in middle school when I found Veeky Forums. Back in 2007-08.

It's been over ten years. Am I an oldfag now?

>Anybody ever feel like a failure?
i am a failure

>11 years
>still shitposting
>still poor

>dedicating all that time and energy to win a competition that basically provides entertainment
>not maximizing gains in the greatest wealth transfer of history, and donating a portion to worthy causes
Literally even redditfags who pulled that off had more impact than the average Olympic gold-medalist
Strange that I can't remember that either. I just remember 2005-6 back when no u and cockmongler was still in it's early memetic evolution.

Nope. Im 19. And most of my favorite artists: ZUN, Ryukishi, Hiroshi Nishikiori, and Mike Judge didnt start having their work recognized till they were 29.

So. im not gonna start worrying till 10 more years.

i sure do senpai

Why is everyone so sad about being on Veeky Forums a long time. This site got me into weightlifing, anime, classical literature, studying philosophy and the Japanese language and the greatest transfer of wealth in human history.
Did you fags really just stay jerking to traps and lurking /pol/ or /r9k/ for the last decade?

>cockmongler
whatever happened to him i wonder, do you think he still visits the dinosaur

>born in 1999
>still not a millionaire

if i dont make it by christmas it's game over for me

Olympians get to where they are cause their parents force them to do shit when they were young and they happened to be good at it

I'm actually sad that I took a 8 year hiatus from Veeky Forums, and only returned in 2016 for the election, and 2017 for crypto. If I was less normified I would've lurked moar and eventually stumble across btc in 2009-11.
lol, can't even imagine. What happens when you're literally an eternal meme, I wonder.
Sergey is following the same path

Viralik's father is a programmer

>tfw since 2010 and got called a newfag back then

>olympics
>impressive
yeah moving around in different ways is a real achievement.

2010 isn't even tha-

>2010 was EIGHT years ago

What the fuck lads

don't worry. My first post, I got called out as a newgrounds kid, which was accurate. Since then, I've always feared and respected the killer instincts the collective hivemind that Veeky Forums has.

My cousine literally threw away his childhood and teenage years for a sport
Everyone was so proud of him and he got quite the attention from roasties back then
Too bad he had training every day and no time to hang around much or enjoy anything but training and learning
It wasn't even a highly paid sport, but his parents pushed him pretty hard and he was also very eager to be the best
Until he had an accident and the doctor said he can't continue
from there everything went down the hole
we smoked alot of weed back then (i eventually stopped) but he got attached hard to alcohol and other drugs probably to cope with the depression
He failed in every way, got in trouble with the law and even went to a psychiatric clinic
Nothing helped though
Its sad to see him in the city from time to time wondering around begging or insulting people
He even is carrying a list around of how much booze he can buy with a certain amount of money that makes him drunk enough
Im always ashamed a bit when im hiding so i don't have to interact with him

But yeah he is a good example what can happen when you push to much
Im pretty happy with my live so far
I got a good girlfriend a nice job and flat and not a bad amount of crypto wealth

So be careful what you wish for and be happy for what you have archived so far

>born in 1991 and never kissed a girl
>chads born in 2008 are having hardcore anal sex orgies with sluts in their school

Ever see the amount of dedication families force onto children just to compete at a local level? It's insane. I can't imagine at a national or international level. Not worth it.

>not understanding how noble sport is
>having no idea how much work those athletes put into their craft
Fat lazy slob.

this is always the problem I've seen in normieville, especially during my hiatus. When I was a full-blown NEET in 2009, and decided to go to college and interact with the world, I thought they'd be smart and enlightened like I never was. I just realized they follow trends, and mostly ones that are overly competitive and make no sense, like achieving good grades or sports.
They will never achieve anything unique, and are probably unhappy because they compare themselves to highlight reels of each others' lives

I used to be like you. '90. Had my first gf at 24, and man it's overrated. I would've traded the normie life for full-time autism, if only because it's so much more interesting. And I would have decently been a lot richer. You can always get those overrated things. You can't always get rare knowledge, insights, experience and opportunities, though.

yeah all that work to get a piece of metal and even if you win gold nobody will care about you at all unless you're from some small a fuck country that has all of 1 gold won by you unless you win a fuckton of medals like Michael Phelps

>tfw been a nocoiner for 9 years, and yep definitely feel like a failure.

remember: if you dont hit at least 100 million thanks to crypto, you have literally squandered the best money making opportiunity of the last several hundred years

Another thread of losers shilling being a loser

>Achieving shit sucks, i know because i have never done it

it is the ride you dimwits not the destination, life is about purpose not avoiding it.

youtube.com/watch?v=McRNSFGwqtY

I hope at least we will all have made it when we look in the mirror 30-40 years from now and wonder how we got so old so fast ;_;

Oldfag GenXer here
I was always the type of guy aiming to make it at all costs.
I decided in my teens to become a millionaire ASAP.

So I started businesses, sidehustles, got VC funded startups whole nine yards. I did do well but in the end I became rich using fucking internet meme money.

Feels so weird. I worked 10-14 hour days for YEARS, including weekends, trying to make it.
And then I end up striking it big with you autists. To think I could have travelled the world not giving a fuck and be the same networth I am now.
But then again if I had chilled out I probably wouldn't have seen bitcoins potential as early as I did.

I don't feel, I know, it just stopped bothering me.

Exactly. And it's cool. You have the experience and work ethic now. How could you appreciate your position right now without having gone through that? You'll probably end up achieving a whole lot more than the kids who lucked the fuck out.

Most olympians don't get paid well at all man

they do it for national pride not for money

no your just a faggot now

Its a double edged sword. I kept relationships I actually liked superficial because I knew I needed my time for working.
After a while I stopped trying to date because it seemed too time consuming and just fucked hookers.

Now I'm almost old and rich and need to get back into roasties and its a pain in the ass.

They get loads of advertisement opportunities after those achievements though, thats where they make bank, marketing socks, food and sport brands.

what year were you born?

99% of Olympic athletes who dedicate their life for the sport don't get that.

I don't actually mind growing old as long as I am relatively healthy. Chilling out doing crosswords and enjoying simple things in life has always been enough for me.

Most of us are pretty average or mediocre. Even among a group of friends, only one or two makes among five friends make it to the top while the rest wage slaves for the rest of their lives. Let's face it, not everyone can be leaders or successful. Only those with charisma (smooth talkers) or those with sociopathic tendencies gettl to the top.

>le grin man
long time no see

Is being a Olympian a sign of accomplishment now?
I suck at sports and have no shame

no user, autistically getting stupidly good at a useless specific physical activity like pole vaulting is not an accomplishment

Unless I'm dumb and 99% of these Olympians make millions from sponsorships or something, in which case, yeah, it is

Veeky Forums hasn't been around two decades you cock mongler

fucking THIS

same, browsed /b/ everyday after school in 2008 when i was like 13

are you me?

Retard

we are closer to 2030 than to 2000 kek

His name is grinman.

Lol man are u retarded. In my country if u win one golden medal u get 800$ every month for the rest of your life from the government imagine being michael phelphs and having 28 medals. 800x28 22g's every month, then imagine the publicity oppourtunities

>Shitposting since 2011
>Cycled through /b/ -> Veeky Forums -> Veeky Forums-/lolg/ (indisputably worst years of visiting Veeky Forums) -> /int/ -> Veeky Forums -> Veeky Forums
>Outside of the Veeky Forums years, never let my need to shitpost take over my life and enjoyed Veeky Forums casually

It’s possible to chase success while still coming to this place, you know

>tfw I didn't choose an obscure winter sport with a high barrier of entry so I could go to the Olympics and fuck Korean qt's
>instead went with track and field and worked my ass off to never win a single race except a turkey trot 5k and came 3rd in a random half marathon that nobody cares about (have shit genetics)

you are fucking brainless and have no idea what your talking about ALMOST EVERYONE will fucking care if you win an Olympic metal.

This. I remember laughing with /b/ when the twin towers fell

I mean, Olympic athletes are created mainly from luck, you need genetics + parents who train you from a super young age before you know what you're doing

i feel like shit constantly becuase i feel im not gonna make it in crypto. only $20k in atm and I don't have a job so I can't really put in more right now

Eh don't feel too bad. Most olympic athletes are poor. Only the multiple medalists get the juicy sponsorships deals. Everybody else barely breaks even on the trip.

Im here since im 22 I think?
Am 24 now. In best shape. Most sexiest look. Absolutely feeling fine. However, still a virgin

Still, I got a 14 and 16 year old wanting to sex me. And two other +18 which I dont bother with.

What I meant to say is that I literally have to thank Veeky Forums for making me somwhat fit and redpilling me
Learnt a lot photoshopping memes too.

>implying athelets dont know anything other than their respective sport
Put em in any real situation and watchem flop like a dead fish

lol i was born in 86, we grew up while internet was growing into what it is today. Feel so old now when I see people born in 1998 are 20. fuck. Father time is a bitch.

Oldfags will unite and one day become the Illuminati.

Guess that makes me a sociopath afterall

yeh, last year of my 20s here. unemployed, no love interest, no friends, I fucked up. i'll make it here or i'll just fade into nothing.

No need to be a sleazy sales guy or sociopath to make it.
If you aren't a brainlet and are willing to work all day every day and are somewhat creative, thats enough.

It's pretty hard for me to imagine myself if I didn't discover imageboards. Where would I be now? Would I be happier? Probably not.

i would have had a mental breakdown at 20 and killed myself.