Is ETH really THE blue chip?

So Iv been thinking lately - I have quite large portfolio (over 400k) spread between several coins.

I, however, keep the largest part in what I think is a "blue chip" - a safe bet.

For now iv got 40% of my portfolio in ETH, but somehow Im not really sure if its the best choice now...what worries me is we dont really know how many ETH there are.
Now I dont want to get rid of ETH completely of course, as I think its a good platform - just thinking about shifting part of the founds to other blue chip.

Any ideas or comments?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms-ff466b7bb839
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To clarify - I was thinking about shifting the bit most likely towards NEO.

>cz is a pretty cool guy
Eth neo is a good bet.
Eth more so i think
Bought a 1942 garand from eth earnings

eth has a lot of devs and dapps. neo doesn't, if neo doesn't soon change this it will be left behind.

NEX

>has 400k portfolio
>cant make own decisions about investments
0/10 larp detected

Its not that I cant - I think my portfolio is very well spread, Im talking about moving ~15% only - and as I said - towards NEO.

Does looking for other opinions mean I cant decide on my own?

if eth isn't considered "blue chip" then literally nothing in crypto is.

ETH
BTC
LTC
NEO
XRP
2% in LINK

How could that go wrong?

>Litecoin
Are you a nigger?

if i were you id drop XRP and LTC

NEO
ETH
Normie BTC/LTC as well but no XRP
I've got some PRL from $.25 and VTC from $.33 Still damn closest I've seen to mine on this board

/thread

I just moved 25k of my 400k+ portfolio into NEO.

Top dog is link of course

If you diversify into something else, you can always try to lower your ETH entry cost by picking another "blue chip" one that you are comfortable holding, and exchanging some ETH for it, and if ETH gets into a dip, buy back into it again. If it doesn't, then you just hold the other.

Buy eth and neo and you will make it. For percentages I'd say 60 in eth 35 in neo and 5 in moonshot alts (enj, zec). Or you can do 55 40 5 eth neo alts. Eth is too safe and should have an amazing year..

>investing in neo

Now I know you're larping.

>getting delisted as security
>dapp white papers plagiarized
>named after a tranny scifi flick about how nothing digital is real

It's the best thing to put money in for a sure return imo, it will overtake bitcoin

Why not both?
You get gas for holding neo

Thats one dumb FUD though, been hearing about delisting for a few months now.

Eth

IMO your strategy is smart, user. ETH is a blue chip, but it's too safe thus the low return. Moving a small percentage of your ETH to NEO is right. NEO is a semi-blue chip, it's safe but we don't know how safe it is yet. I'm bullish on NEO though. If I were you, I'd do exactly like you.

>the fact it hasn't happened yet, and everyone is talking about the fact it will happen, means it won't happen

Kek.

THIS is the literal BLUE CHIP.

Stratis

already partially invested.

Smart

I don't even own NEO myself, all in on BTC atm, But once China removes it crypto ban(which it 100% will eventually) it's gonna moon so hard owning a whole NEO will be looked upon as a luxury item, especially while it still provides the GAS income

desu the blue chip is C20

It's a tiny shitcoin, yeah, but it can be traded in via a smart contract for an amount of ETH which corresponds to a navigation price tied to a once weekly rebalanced weighted index of the top 20 cryptocurrencies.

because yeah, eth is safer than most of these shitcoins, but it could get usurped, the devs could get ded, etc... You're better off holding an index.

It's also a closed end fund (all funds for C20 were raised during the ICO) so if it shoots up in popularity, it could potentially trade for many times the nav rate... but I just look at it as a risk mitigation tool.

I've got a portfolio of about $500k, and I hold about 25% of that in C20.

>But once China removes it crypto ban
That's actually the only think that concerns me about NEO though. If China bans crypto completely, I wonder how it will affect NEO.

IMO, China is more hypothetically more likely to ban than to accept crypto.

I would still keep at least 100 ETH for future staking purposes.

Eth will be deprecated fairly soon by neo and eos. They won't implement pos and sharding quick enough if at all before technology passes them by. Eth is like the netscape of the blockchain, Bitcoin the Internet explorer.

Why on earth would authoritarian China ban all cryptos? I'd understand privacy coins. Worst case is that eventually they're gonna regulate it heavily so that you'd need to register with social security etc just for wallets. Cryptocurrency is a godsent gift for dictators who wants to have complete financial surveillance of the population.

Do you remember when everyone said the samething about ETH and BTC? Or XMR and BTC? Or LTC and BTC?

Yep, and its an emerging industry they want to control as much of as possible.

BTC will be harder to dethrone because it has first mover advantage and is still the entry point to cyrpto. It also has the storage of value meme going for it. Eth has none of those advantages. It's turned into a glorified ico launcher and relies almost entirely on people a actually using it.

medium.com/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms-ff466b7bb839

Bro wrote articles on NEO, EOS, Cardano, and a few other potential threats.

Ah right, that's another perspective on how to see it.