Daytrading millionaires

Any daytrading success stories? I want to see if anyone on this board is actually /winning/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im just posting here so we can get to quicker

I can consider myself successful with trading, you actually make more by trading + holding coins than by just holding. HODL is just a meme for the weak who don't want to learn proper trading.
0.1)Learn the basic stuff of forex, it isn't a success recipe, but it helps a lot.
1)-Find a good project, make a proper fundamental analysis, compare with a review
2)-Ignore small talk on telegrams groups;
3)-Don't Trade with all of your stack;
4)-Learn the timezones;
5)-Learn a bit of game theory and mass psychology;

These were some of the steps I made to make a living on trading, it is possible, but like any other work to be successful you gotta put in the hours, and you gotta be consistent. Making a system and a spreadsheet helps, never, never, never trade on emotion.
Never trade shitcoins, always trade on promising coins

Don't concede to shit talk on Veeky Forums or telegram, be methodical and logical

READ THE FUCKING WHITEPAPERS

>Don't Trade with all of your stack
pls teach me how

Yes

> game theory
kek. Tell me how you are applying game theory here

But hey that’s just a theory

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

at least do some effort before shitting on someone without knowing.

What the FUCK is this Pepe?

dumb fuck I know what game theory is. I'm asking you how you are applying game theory to trading when it is practically impossible to find equilibria when there are more than 10 players involved

nupepe

only started trading last week
but I'm 12 for 12 on my trades so far
it's pretty easy with crypto
the values are so volatile the prices swing wildly every 15 minutes
you can make 1% gain trades 50 times a day on any of the top coins

You won't apply it directly, of course, you won't have a mathematical model to predict a market like you said there are too many players involved, or else the market would be predictable. But it is a good foundation for you to understand why there are some behavioural patterns and how can you make the most of it.

If this is true, this is pure luck, no one can do that output consistently, or we all would be millionaires.
12 trades is really a low number for you to make an assumption like you did.

nice vague answer bud. Quit larping and give me an example of how you used game theory during your last trade (or trades). I doubt you even read that wiki you linked above.

not every trade has to be a good one for you to be successful
it may be impossible with forex because you get raped on spreads and fees
but you can trade on GDAX and some other exchanges for literally zero spread and zero fees
so you only need to be right 50.01% of the time to succeed
and if you believe (as I do) that this market is not crashing to zero, then as long as you buy and not sell short you will come out a winner in the long run

You are looking for what? Me having a PhD on game theory, it helps understand patterns, doesn't mean it makes me the champion of trades. If I apply it directly, NO! I kinda made that clear, did I touch on something sensible or what?

no user, but i am winning with the power of friendship and self compassion (´・ω・`)

>logic
>Veeky Forums

pick one

I'm a middle class chilean which means i'm pretty fucking poor.
I started with 100 usd~ 2 months ago, now i've got around 1800 usd ~ which is equivalent to 4 minimun wage.
I only daytrade.

why so defensive? You said "learn some game theory", I'm asking you for a concrete example of you applying game theory in any way or form in one of your trades. Like tell me how it helps you understand patterns lol

How big is your stack you usually play with...If I started with 5K lets say would that be enough if I got in and out in a quick time frame and tethered up at the end of each trading session?

prisoner's dilemma is everywhere

Man, you are the one being defensive, do I get to be a professional stock trader by learning Warren Buffet books? No, but I understand some good rules to act upon. Game theory helps people understand what is a non-cooperative game, how people react to most decisions, I'm not saying you are gonna find Nash Equilibrium on the market because it's impossible, or near impossible, but at least I get to grasp the concepts... Which was all I meant, never said I was applying a mathematical model to win at every trade. *sigh*

Was getting JUSTed after falling for that Qtum partnership bullshit and lost 25% of my binance portfolios worth. Ended up selling at a loss. Pretty pissed off obviously. Saw this brand new coin on listed on binance... APPC. Never heard of it before. Didn't even look at biz. Went all in on it about an hour after it was listed. Went to bed and woke up to 2x. Sold that shit and haven't looked back at that coin. Good thing too because if I had gotten greedy, I would be holding some heavy fucking bags. I feel like I am one of the only people who actually profited on this coin.

>no one can do that output consistently, or we all would be millionaires.
>no one can be successful because then we would all be successful

Even though this is not a zero-sum game, most people lose statistically wise, why is my remark wrong?

Also how do time zones come into play? When Europe/China wakes up they buy and end of day they sell? Elaborate please

Do you stick to only a handful of cryptos to trade with? Less than 5 more?

Crypto is zero sum. If I put in 10k and take out 100k, there wasn't 100k USD magically printed during this process. My wins were the direct result of someone losing.

Just coded my own bot. Wins 90% of the time and increased my stacks on the assets its trading by 50% in 20 days now. Guess its too easy

It is not a zero-sum game... you can easily google why...

Kudos for finding your ticket out of crippling poverty

90k USD*

Also I turned $50 thrown at BNTY on release day into $700 within 3 weeks by arbitraging between the BTC and ETH pairings and putting some earnings into DBC on listing day. Arb'ed DBC as well. Sold them both at the top. Threw all of that into PFR. The next day PFR did a 2x because that was the day they announced nodes. Then the crash happened... Because of my luck, I managed to make it out of the crash without losing any of my initial investment and increased my holdings on all my coins significantly. Not bad for starting crypto on the day BTC was 19.5k

yeah and every source would be wrong. you can't explain it either lmao. Crypto is zero sum - it's impossible for all market participants to take out more than they put in because someone HAS to lose. No one needs to lose in a mutually beneficial situation.

it's your own fault you haven't won the powerball

I know.
you are a little thick aren't you? I'm not asking you for some kind of deterministic equilibria calculations. We've already established that while possible in theory its not applicable in practice. What you are saying right now is essentially this
> Learn some algebra, it will help you with your cooking
So I'm asking you for one example of concept from algebra applied to cooking. Is that so hard lol?
> Nash Equilibrium on the market because it's impossible, or near impossible, but at least I get to grasp the concepts
So you learned that theres an equilibrial state where a set of strategies will always lead to break even point. Hows that helping you trading? All I'm asking here. Should be really fucking easy to answer. Unless of course you larped about something you have no clue about.

You also have to consider the exchange fees and such thing, that means the traders as a whole always get out less money that they put in.
Thus, its highly likely most people actually lose money

Not mine
"Technically, the answer is yes (it can be a zero-sum game). Every single pip of profit you make is taken from the other players in the game, whether large banks, corporations, or day traders.

However, this does not mean that in every individual transaction there is a winner and a loser. There can be mutual advantage since currency positions can be held for different amounts of time.

For example, if I buy USD/euro at 1.65 and exit my position to another player at 1.75, I have profited from the transaction. However, if the price continues to increase to 1.85, the trader who I exited to has also profited. "

its very likely that trading is a negative sum game because of costs and fees involved
lol... man the state of fucking Veeky Forums

>seriously implying game theory applies to small transactions in mass markets.

I dunno if I would call it success as i could have made a lot more holding. In 4 months and a 40k trading fund I have profited 22k. Majority of that taking place after 19k. Best part is I continue to get better at irlt.

>Implying that people aren't using some form of game theory every day on bitcointalk, reddit, telegram, discord and here every day to try and swing markets to help them offload their bags or push a swing to help make more money.

Are you a corecuck that only think BTC is the real coin and everything is a shitcoin? Otherwise thanks for the tips senpai

turned 1k into 12k on bitmex with high leverage

Trading VEN and NEO for now.

I think you replied to the wrong guy. I was just telling a day trading success story. Not game theory or whatever this thread turned into. Carry on.

So many people throw out the term game theory just to sound smart to others who don't know anything about the body of work. Carter Thomas smartdrops the same thing where it doesn't apply and it's clearly to try to show off to a greater fool audience. As someone who's studied it, it's annoying.

Repetition is the most basic form of mind control

Do you seriously think that's what game theory is? There is not hope for your user.

Game theory has become slang for service to self material hierarchicalism, social darwinism, and moral relativism.

no hope me me either apparently I can't proof read my own shit

When I mentioned game theory was not to sound smart, but to only learn a bit of the concept since they are relatable to economics, and how people behave, if they are necessary to be a successful trader? Never said so. Do I know game theory? Never said so. Do I apply game theory? Never said so. Heck even never mentioned was a pro trader, I have just been successful with the way I'm doing things, and actually made a lot more than just holding, I also referred mass psychology, do I know mass psychology? No. Do I apply it consistently and directly to trading? No. I just know some concepts which help me understand some of the behaviours.

People really get defensive when they mention their specific subject of study, I'm not specialized in it, I just said I've read some things about game theory goddammit.

I guess I need to emphasize the part where I say "a BIT off x subject", or else people might think they need a PhD, or I have one

oh ok so we went from
> learn some game theory
to
> it helps me recognize patterns
to
> Do I know game theory? Never said so. Do I apply game theory? Never said so.
got you, only took fucking 20 messages... Do you get how retarded you sound? This is actual math we are talking about. Its not TA, its not psychology its not even behavioural science (thats what I think you meant by "game theory"). This is like saying "Learn some geometry it will help you" then when someone asks you to measure distance in Euclidean space you start deflecting and talking about how you never said you actually apply geometry. Fucking brainlets man.

>>game theory
>durr is that like videogames or something?
what a brainlet

lol good luck

Started with 1 btc up to 4.5 btc now down to 3.57 btc.

been trying to daytrade today for the first time ever, literally no idea what i'm doing apart from buy low sell high but i've made like 5% today on my little $1k stack im allowing myself to use for this experiment. gonna see how this goes for a while then maybe try with a larger stack

I have a lot of free time, im physically attractive, have excellent taste and a high iq.
Is it really worth daytrading, are the stories here and elsewhere even remotely true that theres enoiugh volatility that trading is currently easy? or is it a constant struggle against bots?
When guessing the potential value in a trade, do long term prospects of a coin go out of the window in favour of reacting to market forces alone? Is it just a game of following the news?
Wheres the best resources?

what exchange? bitmex?

wena nido

>I have a lot of free time, im physically attractive, have excellent taste and a high iq.

Don't day trade. Real Chad's can make it in marketing so easy. Make mid-long term crypto investments and start out pulling in 10k a month out college doing marketing.

Nobody is really going to skilfully make millions from day trading but you can make millions in business and through long term investing.

i started with 100 omg i bought at $6
i now have 900 from just trading

Is Chile that bad? I visited a couple years ago and everyone seemed to be doing alright. I know people meme about Pinochet a lot but Chile seemed a lot better off than Brazil or Peru where I also visited.

What about taxes and trading fees?

Same.

day trading BTC/USD
2016-2017: made 2.5 BTC
2017-2018: made 11 BTC
Jan 2018 - Feb 2018: made 2.5 BTC so far

It have a lot of the problems of the USA like
high healthcare cost, high education cost, shitty pensions plus midly to high crime rate but with the wealth of a third world country on development.
But overall it isn't a bad of a place to live, its just not good enough.

Never trade when you're uncertain and always trade with x100 leverage.

join my discord channel brother:

code: kZeFbn

almost the same returns, exact same exchange, just started a month ago, fee

add me brother, discord:

code:kZeFbn