Is link a meme? Or is it real? Both? How come no one else is taking about it?

Is link a meme? Or is it real? Both? How come no one else is taking about it?

Also see
and pic related

It is the ultimate litmus test of do you even DYOR.
It's impossible to know without digging deeper, and that is probably the most valuable skill Veeky Forums will ever give you

Why is it only known on biz?

it isn't. The biggest trick Veeky Forums ever played was to get you to think it was just a meme on Veeky Forums
checkout the slack
the gitter
r/LINKTrader
and which companies are playing around with the tech, and are keeping an eye on it

Why does it get so much FUD on biz if it's so great? Surely something this magnificent is something all of biz should get on together.
>inb4 people FUD to keep price low to accumulate
Miss me with bullshit, biz represents 0.0001% of the trading volume in the crypto sphere. The only ones that matter are the whales, and there's like 3 on here AT MOST.

fair enough
do you think it's gonna dump more? I'm not buying the top

Yeah, this was already getting priced in days before the conference.

it really depends. Remember, this isn't the top. It's still 40-45% retraced from it's ATH. Just now normies start fomoing in and holding stronger than the average Veeky Forums nulinker. Unlikely, but I'd be lying if I said I knew when to buy in.
DCA if you want to be safest.

>The biggest trick Veeky Forums ever played was to get you to think it was just a meme
In fact, the best LINK FUD is acting like a retard. I'd actually be shocked if there are nolinkers that are unironically filtering LINK threads. It means the act-like-a-retard FUD worked brilliantly. Why would you filter potential tip-offs of a top 100 coin

Just to stop 0.0001% of the represented volume in all of crypto? Even if we all collectively loved this coin as a whole board, it would just be a drop in the ocean. FUDing it wouldn't really affect prices as much as biz likes to think it does. Or is that it? Biz legitimately thinks that they are a significant part of LINK's open orders and open positions and that FUDing LINK here would actually have an impact?

It's a Veeky Forums scam. major discord group.
it's been going on for a while.
bagholders unloading on newfags

it's a mix, I think. There is actually a lot more capital here than you think; or at least eyeballs that can lead to capital
But more significantly, and more likely is this:
have you been here since early /b/ days?
Say from 2003-2008. I wasn't around from 2009-2011 so I can't comment much then.
But if you weren't: you'd know that the imageboard culture here tends toward utter chaos. Not all anons are malicious. But chaos will usually be the result when looking for advice here. You have to read between the lines.

in other words, most anons don't actually believe their FUD will change the price. They're just having fun, like the joker from Dark Knight Rises.

Ahh, thanks I get it now. LINK has always seemed like such a divisive topic on here, so it was hard to tell where the truth ends and the irony and larps begin.

You're right, I've been browsing Veeky Forums for months now and never bothered with LINK threads before, just took it for some bazingacoin type shilling. Hope bizraelis don't dump on me after I finally pull the trigger tho.

chek'd
It overlaps heavily, but it also trains your senses. All other coin FUD/shilling is painfully boring and obvious now.
just look at the numbers, and the wallets. Right now, it's what, about 5-6x it's all-time low? A lot of people have been shaken off, and a lot of people will hold strong. But think of something like ICX, which I got burned on. When it hit $10, it was already 100x for ICO buyers. Massive dump. Ouch.
LINK, on the other hand, has a different type of dynamic. Just something to keep in mind if you're fearing a big dump

With the order books as thin as they are, believe it or not Veeky Forums does make up a significant amount of LINK holdings. Keep in mind we were talking about BTC on /g/ long before it reached parity with $1... Veeky Forums has been in on crypto since its inception.

exactly why I'm not FOMOing in now, that ICX dump was brutal

It should dump, this was already priced in
Normie hype should be cooling off in the next few days

> thinks LINK moving 10 cents would be FOMOing

I don't understand how people evaluate coins if people think LINK for < $1 is a bad buy. I just don't get it.

Is it because it has 1 billion tokens? Is that really the simplicity of how people prospect coins? Just look at supply and short term movements? Do people not understand the LINK model enough to realize that only a tiny fraction of those LINK will remain on the market once mainnet launches and dApps start going into production using Chainlink?

Explain yourself nolinkies. Explain to me how you evaluate a coin, and what has made LINK a deal breaker. I want to learn your ways.

One linkie on tor in a virtual box and the same linkie on his chrome to have a conversation with himself to convince the last morons to buy LINK. Veeky Forums is huge for crypto. If you think it is not why are you here? It takes 2 mins to scan a few times a day. literally 50k people a day stop by here easily. BIZ even stole a lot of pol lately watch when the western world goes to sleep link will crash. at least that is what I was told in the discord.

>I don't understand how people evaluate coins if people think LINK for < $1 is a bad buy. I just don't get it.
on a dollar basis, i'm in 50% XMR and 50% LINK, and i'm still accumulating LINK.

however, i still think LINK is a faith investmetn - it either does what we think it will, and it's $500 EOY. or it doesnt and it's worthless.

LINK is a total binary outcome atm

I don't see the issue with waiting for the hype to fade away before getting in?

it is a paid shill pajeet scam.

Link is an ultra ambitious project. I think people without link are just waiting to see how it's all gonna turn out. It's either going 300+ or burning out. There's no shame in waiting until it's $10+ to hop on. Especially when the opportunity cost is really high right now. Safe coins are super strong.

Bretty much, high as fuck risk, high reward.

Link is going nowhere.
Investigate my post number more closely with the yeziratic number system or whatever.

this

Paid FUDers.
Here’s the thing: Exchanges have a lot of money and power. If LINK becomes successful, those exchanges lose that money and power.

lol I hope youre joking

LINK is just a shitcoin meme developed by the brapmasters of Veeky Forums. It started out with the usual paid shill rakesh's but people started to think it was a meme since clearly LINK is utter dogshit. So then shitfucks started posting shit like "breh any1 else comfeh hodlin le linkaroo?" , to which other likeminded 19yo virgin summerfaggots chimed in after actually buying it thinking the maymays were irl. Now Veeky Forums is filled with everything from bangalorian paid LINK shills to memes to actual childrens that fell for the meme. Then you have the people who get mad at the shills and then get yelled at by the actual fell for it bois. Its really quite the cluster at this point. Bottom line is. They are all fartass cuntfucks with a black hole called link shitting up their wallets.

broo

the FUD is so over-the-top now it's hard to know what's true and what isn't

Listen to this guy I've got 9k LINK DCA'ed at $1 to 60c.
I'm thinking of selling 2k at its current price and another 2k if it shows a 'fuck you' red candle or signs of a slow red bleed.
5k is enough if it gets out of hand, and I'm willing to FOMO if I'm wrong. I'm not having my LINK's price driven down again and I'll just buy the fucking dip a few weeks before March's conference. After that, I'm HODLing because it's going to get more unpredictable without any other known events.

I'm still pissed that I bought LINK at $1, but I was scared of mooning so I didn't sell. At least the hype is low enough still that it's a sleeping giant and I can afford to swing trade. It might be a minor mistake, but it would do well for my mood to do so with a limited pool of my LINK.

Quite pungent my dear