I just do not believe

That a technology that has this much hype and is supposedly such a game changer, has 2-4 people working on it.

If it was seriously this important and profitable larger companies (e.g Microsoft) would put together a team of 20-40+ people to get this done quicksmart.

Why would anybody in a position to compete just sit there and wait on 4 people with little background in IT to create this essential tech when they could use their pre-existing contacts within the tech world and hire some world class techies to create the exact same product.

Surely the risk would be worth it....
It doesn't make sense

It doesn't have any hype outside of biz

>That a technology that has this much hype and is supposedly such a game changer, has 2-4 people working on it.

>If it was seriously this important and profitable larger companies (e.g IB) would put together a team of 20-40+ people to get this done quicksmart.

>Why would anybody in a position to compete just sit there and wait on 4 people with little background in IT to create this essential tech when they could use their pre-existing contacts within the tech world and hire some world class techies to create the exact same product.

>Surely the risk would be worth it....
>It doesn't make sense

Jokes aside, it does happen. If something has been in development for a while, and only starting to get some traction on corners of the internet, it is quite possible for a small team to be ahead of the bigger players. Remember, they have much less incentive to innovate.

people underestimate how game changing new things can be. big companies are still laughing at crypto

you think it's the more the better?

Sergey has probably around 100m from the ico itself if he hasn't sold his eth, he can hire an entire army of devs but all it's gonna cause is chaos. They have 3-5 people working on it full time + additional devs when needed.
Most of the work is already done.

seriously though, le innovators meme aside, 2-4 strong team players can develop a monster project in record time. The fact that they're hitting their deadlines ahead of schedule should tell you something

1) Microsoft has their own thing bletchley/cryplets. which is enterprise software to make smart contracts with oracles. There was speculation on Reddit that cryplets is indeed using chainlink.
2) Big companies have zero interest in building decentralized anything. They can easily build centralized oracles or centralized blockchains, which is dumb as cetralized blockchains are highly inefficient.

crypto moonkids think it's normal to have 30 "devs" working on a project bcause that's what they are fed with on twitter by scam ico's pretending to look busy

bitcoin and blockchain invented by one person (probably)

ethereum invented by one person

Then don't buy and stay fucking poor.

I'll be here bragging when it's $100.

Like what the actual fuck do you have to lose putting it in your portfolio. I bet every damn coin you hold is nothing, but a promise anyway.

for crypto projects, you dont need a big team.

assuming they have some outside contractors working with them, they're perfectly fine as they are.

30m worth of ether at $300 that they probably didnt touch if theyve yet to hire anybody or move out of the office room they are renting above a drycleaners, another 2/3rds of the supply they are in control of and can use for any purpose
registered in the cayman islands
absolute lack of communication from team or any progress updates, if this were an IPO the sec would be all over their ass by now
the entire community around this token is nothing but discord pnd groups and delusional bag holders
sergeys last project is dead in the water, pretty much was an exit scam
"in development for 4 years" but could only push out a useless erc20 token during the height of the ico gold rush

there were a lot of red flags surrounding this project for me. good idea, but ideas are worthless.

you better start worrying if the SEC won't go after your tron shillbags son

Big teams aren't usually better. One or two guys who know what the fuck they're doing, take their time to think through the architecture of what they're building and write code that isn't a hacked together buggy mess are much better than a team of pajeets being told "build this thing" without a clue of the bigger picture in their mind.

Big teams don't take individual ownership of the project. They only do what they're told to do, even when they know it's the wrong way to build. They just do tasks to get their pay. When they fix bugs they create 5 more. Or just do quick fixes on shit which needs redevelopment.

btc
eth
xmr
omg

all ive held for a long time

The theory is that it was created by at least 3 or 4 people, not one

I can think of one coin to add to that list user, but Vitalik said it was the worst ERC20 he’s ever seen.

Yea, with the broad range of expertise needed across multiple disciplines (cryptography, network architecture, software architecture, internet protocols) it was at least 3-5 people

It's know as "the Veeky Forums coin" by everyone outside of Veeky Forums. No one cares.

if it was 3-5 ppl, someone wouldve come out by now. it was prob 1 genius somewhere. also posts and writing were consistent

Breaking news: Chain link creator Sergey also known as the "Bic Mac King" just announced he will be quiting the company and devoting more time to eating Big Macs

You dont get it, in the smart contracts world austic obsessive types like sergey ARE the world class techies. Hes been in on this before crypto was even known by technerds.

Neither does a bigger team equal more efficiency or better product, id rather 1 or 2 guys spending every waking moment working on their passion over a team of 40 operating within tight constrictions and bloated oversight.

Sergey Nazarov IS Satoshi Nakamoto

Nice guys, I appreciate the responses.

I can definitely see your point that larger teams don't necessarily lead to a greater product.

With the pictures of Bill gates and Paul Allen I dont feel that it is really comparable.
Back then the internet wasn't around, you could safely hide out in your basement and build your dream projects.
Now we can see and dissect basically every move Sergey makes. Which is what lead me to question the fact that so much is known and understood about Chainlink, yet only a few are really trying to compete.
surely the opportunity costs for tech like this is to great to pass up on, surely one of the analysts from these large corporations have picked up on the need for oracles and pitched it to their superiors to attempt to compete.

The reward outweighs the risk is what i'm saying.

Still pretty cool that Sergey has a 4 year headstart on anybody thinking like this.

> the worst erc20 coin vitalik has ever seen

Now i need to know, tell me user

I doubt anyone outside biz even knows what biz is.

thomas edison was one man army that created the lightbulb

Raiblocks/nano

has nothing to do with ERC20 or ETH, or even blockchains lol.

This. Step outside this community and you wont hear barely anything about CL.

*Thomas Edison ripped off a Croatian who had the same idea Persians did 6000 years ago

>sergeys last project is dead in the water
Didn't know about this at all. A lot of hate surrounding sergey because of that.

gates and allen invented what we are shit posting on today. they started the computer technology and had a vision. link has a vision and it has to do with smart contracts and revolutionizing the financial industry. you faggots forget how fucking new this crypto shit really is.