Crypto-anarchists

get in here. what coins are you holding and why will they bring down governments?

Obligatory

Vtr - torrents
sky - new meshnet plus the works
block - dex
wys - consumer owned data

ethereum, unironically
government overthrow will not happen through childish "smash the state" posturing, and currency control isn't enough. smart contracts open the way to push more and more of our legal infrastructure and governance towards transparency, and censorship-resistant applications will make any attempt to control and restrict increasingly futile
while some coins jerk off on being anonymous (which is really convenience for the individual, and not group action against the state), ethereum goes on a silent march to infiltrate institutions and governments. thousands of developers are already programming in solidity. once the system is ubiquitous, it'll be too late to shut it down
(that being said i do hold some monero and bitcoin as well, but i'm under no delusion these will do anything to overthrow governments)

also holding block. good coin imo. considering barterdex, but i don't like their spirit as much as BN
>wys
meh not really interested in ecommerce. but i'll look into it. interested to see how it's different from shopin.

>sky
great idea. i would buy except for the way coins are distributed. it's going to doom the project, i think. regardless, incentivezed meshnets are obviously the future
>vtr
good coin.

we'll see. if they're still using IOTA i will never buy. fuck those literal retard devs.

i see your point, sort of.
so far governments haven't dedicated much to shutting down securities offerings on ETH. once they do, unless eth has some privacy functions it won't be much use against them. gov will have software for tracking all transactions on eth and they will see it's worth the literal billions it would cost their incompentent asses to create databases of eth wallet / user that even dared to touch a centralized exchange at some point in their life.

though i agree with your sentiment, ethereum isn't even going to be around 10 years from now. People are just going to switch to eos or neo or some other objectively better system instead of learning the shitshow that is solidity and fucking around with ethereums asshole transaction times, unsustainable energy requirements, and retarded fees. eth will never implement PoS and sharting in time to keep up with advancing technology. Feel free to screenshot this if I'm wrong

however i do agree, transparency is the most critical thing.

however, unless DAOs actually disprupt major financial institutions to the point of collapse (i.e. erasing profits) there will be no incentive for them or the govs to increase transparency. the public is too stupid to demand it.

get out

It's never a good idea to become emotionally invested in your meme coins, user

OMG. I want to the government to fomo in and buy my bags. Which they will.

XRP

NEO is barely more than a database under China's thumb, and Eos will be centralised by design through DPOS delegates. They're not good candidates.
Solidity itself isn't a problem as the EVM isn't bound to it. Transaction time, energy requirements and fees will all go down with PoS, sharding, plasma. Remember technology hasn't advanced any in other projects, they're just sacrificing decentralization for speed through different consensus models.
Structural problems I see with Ethereum have more to do with governance, it's obvious too many early actors are conniving together. See EIP 867, which if it came to pass could singlehandedly bring Ethereum down in the long term.
I'm not against an Ethereum replacement. I just don't see any convincing contender. As long as the competition manages to be even more flawed, the initial flawed product will remain on top.

To amend this, Zilliqa seems interesting at least on paper. Haven't had enough time to look into it, and the presale structure + 20x valuation since ICO make it discouraging to get in, but (at least on paper) they're saying all the right things.

Tezos, if they don't fuck it up (bretty good news recently, so we'll see) has solid AnCap credentials and has the features and ethos to continue the early Decentralised Republic visions of BTC that have fallen by the wayside somewhat for technical and political reasons.

No j3w$ have touched this coin yet.

tell that to linkies lol

>SKY
So do you think this actually has a shot?

Also what do people think of ELF - decentralised cloud computing - how it helps / won't...

RLC shits on ELF user. Can be used on ETH or NEO. Impatient morons stay out.

>NEO is barely more than a database under China's thumb
That's why I'm investing in it. You don't think china wants to undermine Western financial systems and governments?
>Eos will be centralised by design through DPOS delegates.
Confirmed for not knowing what you're talking about. Dpos is far more decentralized than PoW, where in practice only 3-4 unappointed mining pool owners control >51% of the network. Dpos is like a representative democracy. 21 nodes with equal power, and at the mercy of all eos holders spanning the globe.

>Solidity itself isn't a problem as the EVM isn't bound to it.
Having to learn a new language vs not having to learn a new language is enough to drive devs elsewhere. This is coming from a dev. That shit is annoying

>Transaction time, energy requirements and fees will all go down with PoS, sharding, plasma.
Unless that stuff is implemented before this summer when eos main net is released it will be a big uphill battle to maintain relevance. I'm not saying it's impossible, but i personally wouldn't bet on it. I see ethereum as the netscape of the blockchain. It's only a matter of time before Firefox and chrome take over as it struggles to keep up on account of its base design flaws, with a dash of arrogant dismissal

>Remember technology hasn't advanced any in other projects, they're just sacrificing decentralization for speed through different consensus models.
Dpos, dag and dbft are all much more decentralized than pow in practice. Not perfect, but massive improvements nonetheless

I haven't any sense as to you can say one way or the other - this is all moving so fast I'm seeing stuff turn up I didn't even think might be useful.

I mean outside of this speculative shit-fest I'm hoping some serious decentralisation of information infrastructure should happen from this however I just can't keep up with it...

We hold half a million bitcoins, and it helps us bringing down governments whenever it suits our interests, by financing shenanigans and militia. As a bonus, it also allows us to manipulate cryptomarkets, forcing inexperienced people to panic buy/sell and liquidate their margin positions. Thus, poor people become poorer, we become more richer. Blockchain is a great invention!

Sincerely yours,
Oligarchs

leave your email, I'll send you my wallet address
where you'll pay me for this information

the only real answer is to restore white normalcy once again.

This

Not this.

Not this. Eos is shit skycoin will destroy EOS. Sell your bags now and buy skycoin before it’s too late

>Having to learn a new language vs not having to learn a new language is enough to drive devs elsewhere. This is coming from a dev. That shit is annoying

The point is you can write an interpreter for pyhton syntax to compile down to evm bytecode

>Tezos

>Not this. Eos is shit skycoin will destroy EOS. Sell your bags now and buy skycoin before it’s too late
I hadn't considered that. Just sold all my eos and neo and went all in on skycoin

I'm some kinda lame semi anarchist and just want to abolish monetary manipulation. Mostly holding XLM because it's the most promising currency. Would be in if I went full ancap

Good. Skycoin is a real blockchain. Eos is a bag of shit and will flop

TRTL could be an interesting fork for Monero, especially since it has a maximum of 100 trillion maximum divisible pieces. Since this is less divisible parts than even Bitcoin and most coins for that matter, and monero can be mined infinitely, It could be worth over 100$ in the far future, possibly even more.

the delusion is real

Agreed with everything else, but why is DPOS "centralized by design"? It lets you have x "democratically" elected nodes in charge. Not a bad system though arguably a compromise. I'd say it's preferable to Ethereum in its current state.

>That's why I'm investing in it.
NEO has practically nothing to do with crypto apart from the smoke and mirrors tech. You're buying numbers on a database controlled by a single entity. Would you consider that a good deal?

>NEO has practically nothing to do with crypto apart from the smoke and mirrors tech. You're buying numbers on a database controlled by a single entity. Would you consider that a good deal?
The neo network won't be controlled by a single entity according to the long term plan. It is a delegated system where 1 neo = 1 vote, similar to eos. If and to decentralized don't look like they're going to materialize I'll jump ship, but for development and testing purposes centralization makes things a lot easier.

I don't think they're having the right approach at all. A crypto as centralized as NEO is nigh worthless, so some sort of immediate plans of decentralization should be in play from the start, otherwise why sell it to people as crypto? So far Neo have dictatorship over who gets to run validators and have demonstrated they're not in any hurry to improve the situation any time soon.

Forgot BAY

Unironically this. I don't even care if it makes me money. Also, just investing in crypto works. Get your money out of the banks and they will fail.
If you want to make money then invest in ARK, REQ, LINK, BAT, QSP.

Scamcoin

NANO

>assange on Veeky Forums
based

He followed me on twitter for a few weeks. Then I think he realised I was a bigot and stopped :(

I unironically believe SKY is the last hope for net neutrality and is Monero tier. I also think Synth laugh is scary and they have too much autism in their side, which weaponized can be good, but never mixes well with marketing. I wish it went lower in price too, if you know what I mean.

I'd love to see anyone even suggest an alternative distribution method for skycoin. maybe then you'd actually spend enough time looking at their actual distribution scheme to realize how it works. I bet whatever ideas you throw out will be abusable as fuck