I will set you straight on your coin of choice

alright my last thread was popular and I felt like I was genuinely helping some anons. Some may not like hearing the cold hard truth about their coin, but need help examining their investment from an objective viewpoint.

I've been around the block a bit and definitely better suited to analyze things than the recent influx of normies and redditors and general newbies who barely understand what a token is.

So shoot, what coins have you invested that you need a strong opinion on? Are you ready to hold through my criticism?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@blockchen0x/bottos-bto-the-best-ai-crypto-of-2018-cb2799c81cd3
medium.com/bottos/what-is-bottos-30e8c46ec95
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Xlm. Ill probably hold regardless though

vtorrent. Do it.

If OP has half a brain he'll tear you apart, XLM stinks

Nuls please

XLM is an interesting one. Reasons like the huge uncirculated supply are concerning, but IBM and hyperledger possibilities are huge. Plus the ICOs.

Hold it, I'm holding some, easy when you got in early to keep riding it. At a minimum its got a lot of hype and is loved on reddit so you can expect it to ride the overall market a minimum. And it may actually accomplish its goal and become the underlying liquidity/settlement layer of all kinds of asset exchange.

I know you just made this thread so you could FUD when someone asks what you think of LINK, so I'm going to ask about NULS.

OMG NEO VEN with a little icx req and link.

NANO

MAN, REQ, RLC

About to go in big on EOS. Should I buy a ton of them for node purposes?

I'm more of a top 1-200 guy, don't typically dig farther down the list. Please link me some resources and I can get back to you in a bit.

nuls is a good idea, but has to be adopted heavily to actually be a good investment and I don't see that happening. Its a snowball/network thing, so the more people use it the better, but that also means it can get left behind pretty quickly. Especially compared to what zeppelin OS and chainlink and others are doing to build tools to easily build smart contracts/dapps

Decred

CND, no one here mentions it anymore

cheap ethereum ripoff. if they cant even come up with their own branding, they aren't going to be able to entice anyone but speculators over.

HPB / HST plz

RLC faggot

I like these picks. As close as you're going to get to "blue chips" in crypto with neo, icx, and ven.

OMG has Omise which is a tremendous head start.

Looks like biz got you with req and link but both are highly ambitious and necessary for the true potential of blockchain to be reached. REQ is also a reddit favorite which bodes well for overvaluation.

Something feels off about Nano/raiblocks. Maybe its just that it started on such shitty exchanges and the shitgrail scam but I'm avoiding it, was lucky enough to ride it from 10 to 30 and jump off in time to get my money off bitgrail.

INTCHAIN
BIX

I hold half in each.

bring me down to reality OP

BAT?

bounty0x pls and thank

IOT, ADA, STRAT.. tell me should i sell one of these to get into: EOS, ICX or Aion?

CND is great, I use the beginner and trader calls occasionally. Surprised at how effective it is. Great use of the token as well. Think it will grow nicely with institutional money.

Novagratz and everipedia are the best things to happen to EOS, and I'm not sure thats enough though.

HST I like but not sure why it really needs a coin.

For all you asking about RLC, I don't see a clear use case for decentralized computing quite yet. Seems way less efficient than centralized solutions. Whats the big use case that will justify their existence? Perhaps down the road but it won't be the type of fast gains many are expecting with crypto.

these are so unproven and longterm projects... think you're reaching too far. Depends how small your portfolio is; if you need 50x+ to make it then maybe go with the ultra longshot. I personally only need 10x on my total portfolio to be completely free to live the life I want, and therefore I have some diversity as I don't want to lose it tragically either.

If you get EXTREMELY lucky, it will moon hard as fuck. If not, it's lost money.

You missed HBP

just don't see people switching browsers... normies barely use ad block (which is great and another reason why users won't switch just for the ad blocking) so why would they even care about BAT's existence?

tel

That's about what i think too sadly...

Ambrosus (AMB)

In fairness the browser switch is going hugely well, growing around 100,000 users a week. It's the actual advert interaction for BAT side that makes me think ive thrown some cash away.

bounty is too small of a use case IMO, and quantstamp is better served at these kinds of smart contract audit use cases

I like where your head is at; I think its hard to choose only a few or 1 of the smart contract platforms, bc its not clear who will win. Its ethereum's to lose but theres room for a few more at the top with it. ADA feels like they'll never deliver, EOS is just "muh tx/second".

ICX on the other hand seems actually next generation and has a great footing in Korea. Dominating just korea will be easier than overthrowing ethereum. AION and wanchain go with ICON, its all or nothing with those if you believe.

STRAT and LISK are more dark horses in those races.

QASH and ENG thanks.

Waves
Factom

HPB is borderline shit coin. Its too far behind in the smart contract platform of the future race. Just pure transaction speed is not enough, and even if it was, proving its secure and scalable takes years.

buy link, mememagic is real

COSS. Close to an index fund, and I trust the SNG government not to shit on everything.

ENG sounds like a good idea, but its taking a weird pivot with this data marketplace stuff. I may get in later when they go from proof of concept to actually being used by anything legit.

QASH sounds almost too specific and may struggle against broader asset digitization approaches, like XRP/XLM/WAN

WTC and TNC

TEL?

BTO pls. I like AI tokens.

presently holding

trx
xrp
btc

need 7575757.58x to live the life of my dreams need 7575.75x to get to a point where I can independently fund the ventures that will lead to the life of my dreams
need 454.54x to pay off my debt and have money to get to live off of trading
need 340.90x to pay off my debt

I'm eyeing link and cdn right now based off some KGs solely

factom I like but is also an example of will single use cases have one coin or will it all be dapps on something like ethereum that don't need their own coin

coss is a little shitty compared to kucoin, and kucoin is also shitty

WTC guardian master node , GO.

BTO is off my radar. Either that means its under the radar and you got a gem or an utter shitcoin. send me your best shill resources on it and i'll update my thoughts

You're getting security compared to KCS in the form of hard-coded dividends, and it not being based in China. Kucoin rode to the top off an insane referral system that they discontinued the moment they got big, and I don't think they're sustainable.

What do you think of XLM, VEN, ADA, AMB, PIVX?

Seconding AMB

TRAC

Skycoin

340x is a little far fetched I think, so anything beyond that is too much.

But link and cdn could get you 20x of the way there, maybe some good timing of trades could make that a 50x. Try and make more fiat to put in man. work a double job, freelance, whore yourself online, something. You might even find a new lucrative career path, don't be afraid to try. 7500x is not a realistic goal.

IOTA

>presently holding
>trx
>xrp
>btc
Please dear lord tell me you're joking.

tech or partnerships. Sorry to break this to you, partnerships is better. watch the dnv gl live stream with vechain. Not saying they can't coexist, but I'll take the one partnered with a multi-billion dollar company that basically does consulting and standards setting for all kinds of industrial industries... you know, industries that have use for supply chain technology improvements. The potential there is endless.

I agree, I saw binance moon, rode KCS from 2 to 20, but didnt sell till it was back at 13. No intention of going back in, binance adding nep-5 took away kucoin's big differentiatior and now huobi is looking like the next big exchange.

I'll bite. Tell me about KIN and STRAT.

BNB?

thanks brother, I am settling the fiat issue and have the wheels turning regardless of how much fiat I have to put in.

Have been considering hitting the streets of wallstreet but then I'd have to give up equity. That doesn't bother me so much as being accountable to someone else besides the people who are in on it because of who I am (rather than the potential $$$$$$$$$)

Walton chain please.

To the point

Genesis vision

Be honest

Stratis

AMB has nothing coming up on the roadmap. Who knows where vechain will be at that point. they announce a new partnership every week if not more. I think they're deliberately timing stuff to maintain momentum all the way up to the mainnet launch, where they will announce EVEN MORE and EVEN BIGGER deals.

Tangle/DAGs are unproven but worth taking a bet on the tech in your portfolio given that they last and keep getting better. But definitely high risk. In a year we may all be "lol dag remember that garbage, its all about hashgraph now"

Or we'll just have lightning network on everything if its proven to not suck. BTC is legit bc of its longevity at this point. PoW is proven, even with its problems. Nothing else really is yet

I just couldn’t feel comfortable selling my wtc for a project that has no product or even a white paper at all, plus one that’s already mooned hard and has 870m supply.
I’ll just be hodling.

What are your thoughts on the practicality and security of PoS? What are some interesting consensus mechanisms that you think will work out?

Nebulas (NAS) please

also High Performance Blockchian if you have time.

VeChain

POE? Thanks

What do you think about private blockchains and blockchains without tokens?

Appreciate the effort but they have a new roadmap in a few days. Vechain deals with Asian markets and AMB is in Europe. How is this not a good deal? Have you seen their team?

Binance should maintain its top dog position for another 6 months at least, thats two more coin burns, I think its a safe 2-4x over 2018.

how many years are you willing to wait?

please see my tech vs partnerships point. I bet you hate hearing me basically shill VeChain but what they've done has been masterful so far. Everytime I think its a good time to get back or wait for a correction they keep announcing bullish news. its deliberate, they have a long list of it probably piled up. 4d chess lmao

let me give you a word of advice. I thought ethereum couldn't grow much beyond 250, yet here we are. Walton feels pretty pumped given that their product isn't ready to be used yet either. Have they even swapped their tokens and had a mainnet launch? How different is that from vechain? And where is their DNV GL level sponsor?

I dont understand the mentality behind the fucks that reply to these sort of threads or the LARP insider threads, it clogs the catalog and kills the board...it is akin to asking a magic 8ball for financial advice

>>>/r*ddit/

long term/passive holds

what I've learned from the stock market is that sometimes it takes a while for a PT to be reached and that actively trading can do more harm than good

What I've learned from my initial btc investment is that sometimes buying something and forgetting about it works wonders

AGI, DBC and any other AI meme coins you've come across

I'm not sure if you have said this already, or are even comfortable saying. But if you dont mind, what does your current portfolio/holdings consist of? :)

It’s entertaining. Who gives a fuck.

I think proof of stake will work, it just needs more time to feel trusted, and a few bigger projects/companies rely on it without issue.

already did HPB

if you'd been reading im basically turning this into a ven shill post because I'm super bullish on it.

Publica is a much cheaper longshot version of this... publishing/controlling content makes sense, but I think you need to go deeper into the infrastructure layer to truly enforce it upon people.

Theres a project that will do that and make tons of other projects useless; I will not name it though as I still want to accumulate. If someone mentions it however I will confirm.

I have two right now.

LUX and OMG.

MTL - Metal

medium.com/@blockchen0x/bottos-bto-the-best-ai-crypto-of-2018-cb2799c81cd3

medium.com/bottos/what-is-bottos-30e8c46ec95

Thanks user

am I LARPing somehow?

Its obvious that I have a firm viewpoint on the space and its future, built from personal experience and research. Should I do everything I say, maybe not. Should you at least reason with my views and see if they possibly impact your viewpoint, I'd say yes unless you are truly confident in your positions, in which case, why are you even here on biz (unless its for the memes in which case, I get it, they're great)

agree. smart money is in AMB at the moment. you have to get in BEFORE partnerships and products are announced, not after. when VEN was $100m market cap, i'm sure people were saying it's got nothing on its plate either.

Nice, really appreciate your time in this thread user

OP is cool.. very much in a accord on your takes so far.. what do you think of IOTA?

You've got the right idea, but the wrong coins. Pay attention to the information in this thread to get an idea of some good ones that aren't shilled by bagholders on Veeky Forums. Also LINK despite how awful the threads for it here have become.

ripple has that extreme moonshot potential of dominating the world but a lot of coins do, and this has little room for growth at the moment.

TRX is... trash. No CEO should be constantly on twitter, and they are ages away from releasing a working product. Theres definitely money to be made while everyone speculates, but you may as well do that on lower mcap coins. Is tron really going to become 100B market cap?

you answered yourself, they're meme coins. Decentralized AI processing will be needed, but probably a few years away so you'll be holding bags for a while.

Richard Branson! their PoPP bonus system is interesting too. Super competitive market tho, wallets/payments is fragmented and very likely to remain that way. I'd prefer going after a winner take all opportunity focused project

Also, OP do FLO.

Seconding TRAC (OriginTrail)

Great insight OP. What about LEND? Thanks

I would love to jump in on AMB, its a super forward-thinking project, but the use case is so divorced from anything that I'm actually involved with it just doesn't make sesnse for me to speculate on that level. A++ concepts

DNV GL is a european company tho. I'm a bit uncomfortable just buying into "its the european vechain"; who on their team truly stands out?

I'll check out the new roadmap, I need a price catalyst to get in typically, and then let the research while I hold for that initial payday influence my long term strategy with it.

earlier posted on IOTA/DAG coins.

pls respond

I'm here to justify me 18750 ven.
>firm viewpoint on the space and future
I know fuck all about crypto, technology, markets and analysis and I could still do the same thing you're doing - Repeating vague buzzwords and a sentiment on certain coins shared by others that you have picked up and are now claiming is your own..

I think this was a great question.

I have diversified my gains into all the smart contract platform competitors.

ETH, NEO (GAS too, people be sleeping on GAS), ICX, QTUM, ADA

VEN in the supply chain sector

REQ and LINK for the longterm infrastructure bets

DRGN, CND, AION, OMG, HST, PBL, QST, DASH, RCN, POWR, SALT

This last group is projects I think are executing well on specific visions that have a good chance of panning out. SALT for example I plan to actually use myself to take cash out while not losing my crypto gains potential, and with its super low price right now I'm accumulating to help with the interest

Last but definitely not least Bitcoin.

Your portfolio bro. Please. Help us all. Help us :(

Thank you!

seen it now. yes lol its a longshot/low risk position in my portfolio. I love the idea though. If it gains more traction I wil ldefinitely be jumping on CPC tooo in the future.

ADA: intellectually masturbatory or thought-out and careful?

USDT

great list OP, just great man, lots of same picks ;P

def don't sleep on NULS bro ;]

grabbed a little link already and gonna see if my price point for entry is reached in the coming days. Gonna let go of xrp on the next movement up, trx is such a small amount it's nice to hold just as a what if

my btc investment is my first and original crypto investment (sort of, it got washed in doge a little, which I still have a bit of from when we sponsored a nascar)

so...I COULD focus all of my energy and time on crypto trading or I could just let things chill knowing how low I got in on everything

I get what you're saying though, also nice 111 get

I understand. To be clear I'm not expecting to get my XTs on the coins I'm holding, I just liked that you made some XTs earlier and decided to do so for myself since I never thought to do that before.

Only XT I've made before that is my "cost of tuition" to the stock market (which came from a car insurance settlement)

metaverse