The most important takeaway from Sergey (LINK)

From what used to be no mention at all. Sergey has shilled chainlink pretty hard at his short presentation.

Sergey is FINALLY ready to market and promote chainlink. This is a huge shift of narrative. Furthermore node operators will only be paid in chainlink. Combine this with the sudden alpha go mainnet release and the upcoming presentation with the ceo of docusign.
In addition you got swift literally written on every single side what more do you want?

Strap in boys, the moon will be sooner than you think

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@cl_thodges
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how much LINK for a node and how much to really make it?

Did you see that they just hired a new dev? Dimitri Roche?

Does anyone have a prediction when smart contracts are going to become even a little bit mainstream and start being used in real business?

I did not nice

March

this could and probably will take a decade for real mainstream adoption within enterprises.

Within 2 years

nobody knows ROI
nodes can be run without link but i guess the payout is higher if you have more link

seems like he is working on chainlink since nov

my guess 19/20
there are already big companies running smart contracts like AXA

MAY

isn't it weird knowing you are almost guaranteed to be rich in a year but right now it's only on paper? these are the problems of the 2018 link marines. praise kek. praise sergey. praise big macs.

I wonder how long until the launch of the main network and the deployment of the marketing manager?

Sergey didn't even announce Alpha outside of this small conference. The only reason we know about it is because some autists were there to stream it.

I assume they will do a blog post, or make a proper announcement soon? If they don't I'll be pretty fucking miffed.

Read Sergey's quora post on why startups fail.

Thanks for the updates, marines.
New marines, take note: this isn't your next TRX pump and dump. This is how a real tech startup, in the blockchain world, should operate.
Start thinking of yourself as a seed fund investor or VC. High risk, high reward, and it comes with patience, but the returns can be living an extraordinary life

Godspeed

By 8pm this Thursday.

I’m a real estate agent, the docusign thing is big. I haven’t been a stinky for long but glad I’m in

Godspeed

>Real estate agent
>Literate

If dubs LINK is the only coin alive 5 years from now with a mcap of $10T

I know a lot about Sergey, my stepmom's husband works for him as a secretary. Last night, we were eating dinner in the family room when Sergey appeared, I mean literally appeared, standing on our table. He started doing some weird kind of dance and stepped in all the food, kicking and grinding bits of food into our faces and mouths, yelling "eat up, eat up!" until my stepmom's husband chased him out with a broom.
All in on Link. Sergey holds too much power, and he knows it. He's gone mad.

Weak FUD

really exited that we're heading into the next bull cycle on positive grounds with LINK.

If we get some proper marketing and speculation on smart contracts picks up we will see life changing returns

the pastas are getting better and better

Guys, it's important to remember that whatever happens with LINK, we're all smart and capable enough to live happy, wholesome and fulfilling lives either way.

But that said, $1k EOY

Yes I know he doesn't like to hype just so shitcoin traders can make some cash.

But the fact that he announced it publicly in this small room, wouldn't it make more sense for there to be an actual PUBLIC announcement? This announcement was not public. It was not even intended for the internet to see.

I would expect to see a Medium post from Sergey soon, perhaps.... Would be just weird and frustrating if not.

How many links to survive the apocalypse.

Sergey said they've been working their butts off to get that Alpha up before the conference and I believe the man. He wants to make the announcement himself but just hasn't had time to write a medium post. They really need that marketing manager.

kek'd hard

Can someone explain to me what a node operator do ?

he has a computer that runs a program that works as an oracle for smart contracts
that's it

This. Capgemini and Oliver Wyman say around 2020 and it will take 5-10 years until its fully mainstream.

Eats Bigs Macs whilst making gainz

Marketing manager will coincide with the launch of the mainnet.... They didn't give a timeframe for mainnet launch, only said that it would come after feedback from the community... I expect it will be this year of course, but we could bleed out until then without any major news.

Okey so if i would run that program i would get link if he chose that as a payment right?

Nolinkers blown the fuck out as expected

I dunno. Sure, normie money won't be flowing in without Twitter-campaigns and whatnot, but we don't need that to keep the price somewhat stable. People actually following Link know what's up.

I've always considered it a good thing that Link is building a solid foundation before the hype hits hard. But I really hope (and believe) mainnet is months, not years away.

I can wait an extra year to be rich, if that's what it takes.

Sergey was caught with some VERY dodgy material on his laptop at the conference. Word is he's going to jail.

did you see the conference?

Has anyone here set up and ran a node on the test net yet?

i did but couldnt hear a fucking thing. He's such an autist he was talking under his breath the whole time

Even a great product can get fucked if it's too late. Say Link gets serious competition in 2018. They don't need to have a product as good as Link, companies would still use it as they would have no other choice.

Then the other product gradually copies Link's ideas, ending up as the go-to solution in the market. First mover advantage is what Link has right now and it has to retain that. When there's billions of dollars in the play, it's a fucking ruthless race.

I'm sure it will be this year. They've done the bulk of the work, and now they only want feedback to make slight improvements. Unless there's some major flaws I don't think we will be waiting longer than a few months. That was my impression, anyway.

And yeah, I don't necessarily care about normie money, if we have actual banks, and trillion dollar industries, setting up nodes... But ultimately it will be normie hype and FOMO that drives crazy speculative price rises

Turn up your volume

i had that shit maxed out

i never had a node

so i have some questions

Haw much LINK do you need to run a node

What PC-spec do i need to run a node

i know what a node does but i want ot read more about it can someone give me hint where i can read more about it?

these goddam memes have me fomoing like a mother fucker.

>when are smart contracts going to become more mainstream

When all of the right tech advances occur:

>decentralized oracles
>better smart contract tech/crypto
>dap resource storage/computing power.

was eth so under the radar like link is rn?

medium.com/@cl_thodges

Study the medium posts of Thomas Hodges, Chainlink technical community manager. He also has a Youtube-channel.

If your node messes up an assignment, you have to pay a penalty, so do your homework.

As soon as ChainLink is finished

I don't think there is a single credible threat to LINK in the entire space at the moment. And if one is created, it will be years behind not just in tech and troubleshooting, but in industry connections. LINK is a no-brainer at this point.

ETH got as much shilled like link is now. and people are saying the same thing about link like they did with eth for example that eth will never hit $1000 and so on

>current ETH price: $940
Kek what a shitcoin will never reach $1000

I just realized there are seven 7s.

LINK and ETH aren't really completely analogous though

I know someone who works at DocuSign. They mentioned that APIs are a hot topic of discussion around the office, which makes sense as DocuSign's bread and butter is basically curating smart contracts for their customer base. I can't think of a better use case for chainlink implementation. DocuSign is growing quickly and has limited market competition right now, and this picture perfect partnership would really help cement chainlink's use case. Something to keep an eye on, I'll update if I hear any more whisperings.

I wouldnt say he shilled it hard. He only mentioned it for the alpha announcement.

MARCH 14TH BOYS
GET READY TO GO TO JUPITER

Nolinkers are a meme user

I would say that the chance for LINK/Docusign partnership is pretty high.

>not photoshopping the Link cube in his hand

I expected better from Linkies

I hope no one sold expecting a post conference dip.

Godspeed anons

I wouldnt say it's gonna pump too much.

See: Please kill me

Considering he's speaking alongside docusign at SXSW, come on it's as set in stone as it could be

Should I sell my meager amount of BTC and ETH for more link? I have 127 link and about 114 bucks in BTC and 58 in ETH. I’m getting some mad FOMO after this conference and I think LINK could actually go somewhere big now.

Kys yourself

i FOMO'd in at 7100 sats around a week ago, after losing ~30% of my btc stack on shit trades
got around 3750 LINK to add to my existing 13k; beat myself up about it during the immediate dip afterwards. few regrets now, and am probably just gonna keep holding. the months-long cup & handle is massive, and the recent news has been too good.
if you buy in now and it goes down, then i'll go down by your side, LINK brother.

I just spoke with the new marketing director of Chainlink and he had some pretty interesting things to tell.

We all know that Sergey has gotten kind of big lately, but the last months it has sprialed out of control. He is now so morbidly obese that he cannot support his own weight. Apparently he used a large chunk of the ICO money to install a huge aquarium in his house. He, and I kid you not, spends 22 houres a day in it to release the strain on his knees and back. According to the MD of Chainlink, he has switched to eating fish food. He says it has the optimal balance of minerals an positive vibrations. But the most fucked up thing is that he is supposedly mating with a clown fish. I don't know if the fish consent or not, but with Sergeys current size I don't think he have a say in the matter. Also, once a day he is hoisted out of the tank and onto a couch so that he can watch his favorite TV show Dr. Phil.

I don't know what to think anymore Veeky Forums. I'm not a professional investor, but I don't think link is a good investment if all of this is true?

had to fomo back in

lost ~7000 of my cnd stack to get my old link+more back but fuck it ill just get a better job and buy my cnd back and even more link

i need to make more money to buy more crypto

i want every coin

REEEE

I work in public transportation of all things, in one of the largest cities in Europe. Politicians are always pussing for new innovative tech like autonomous busses, etc.

We have a "if you are 20 minutes late to your destination, you get your ticket refundere"-guarantee and I know the tech department is working on smart contracts to automize this process rather than having thousands of people flood customer service every day and having to prove that they were late. But the tech guys are struggling to feed GPS data from the cellphone using our app to the smartcontract.

I mentioned ChainLink to them a few weeks ago, but when it comes to public partnerships everyone's a nazi, so even if I asked if they ever contacted ChainLink they wouldn't answer.

We'll see, but LINK would solve one of our biggest problems right now, and the tech sides know about it, so..